Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll check the song out tonight. I jumped off after Shogun but apparently this song isn't half bad.
It's still nothing compared to Shogun but it is pretty good. Has a very old metal sound to it.

I've always said that Shogun is the devil's album. They sold their soul to the devil to make the perfect album, then they somehow weaselled out of the deal and made In Waves.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dead Cross released their debut album recently

The band consists of Mike Crain, Justin Pearson, Dave Lombardo and Mike Parton. It's short an sweet. Bit thrashy, bit hardcore, bit of Patton's screamo stuff

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
New Trivium. Very Maidenesque

upload_2017-8-7_19-55-6.png

Solid effort from Trivium there.... new drummer (although he'll only probably last 3 months) is a beast.

Love the dual solos too.... It has classic Trivium vibes about it!

I also reckon Matts voice is getting better with each release. Sure he doesn't scream as much (because that is what fucked his throat over time), but he's learned ways to vocalise around it.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TFW you decide to get a physical copy of an old classic only to realise that you ordered a live version ‍♂

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe ended up grabbing Corroded's State of Disgrace and Defcon Zero the other day... not too bad for the genre. Very Seether-esque feel/sound.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
TFW you decide to get a physical copy of an old classic only to realise that you ordered a live version ‍♂
Been there. I've done worse though. One of my all time favourite movies is Black Hawk Down. Found it on special on Bluray a while back thought "sweet, I need this". Got home and went to add it to my Bluray collection only to realise I had two other copies of it in my collection.