Food Appreciation Thread.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I just tried this one. It's pretty much the crispy M&Ms in an egg shape :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yesterdays lunch was awesome. I 2 skewers of Greek souvlaki. 1 was chicken, the other was pork. Nice and juicy.

Still... Lebanese BBQ >>>>>>>>>>> Greek Souvlaki.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I had a chicken kebab yesterday for the first time in about a decade. It wasn't too bad considering I have these things once every 10 years. Oh well. Only another 3650 days until the next one...

Wahesh

Reaction score
I had this beauty on Sunday for lunch gourmet beef burger. From where you ask? Well... our very own leagues club :grinning:

$18 later - best burger I have ever tasted. Thick. Tender. Juicy. Succulent. Finger-lickin' good! I still smelt the BBQ sauce on my fingers while watching the GF.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had this beauty on Sunday for lunch gourmet beef burger. From where you ask? Well... our very own leagues club :grinning:

$18 later - best burger I have ever tasted. Thick. Tender. Juicy. Succulent. Finger-lickin' good! I still smelt the BBQ sauce on my fingers while watching the GF.

I hate to break it to you, but that looks like a reheated frozen beef patty that's been microwaved then quickly charred on the grill.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but that looks like a reheated frozen beef patty that's been microwaved then quickly charred on the grill.
Beats any of the "100% Australian Beef" shit that they have a McDonalds.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Beats any of the "100% Australian Beef" shit that they have a McDonalds.
Effectively it's pretty much the same. Except Macca's actually use 100% beef while that is probably about 70% beef and a mix of flour, preservatives, binding agents, etc. And the beef is probably at least 60% testicles and hooves.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Effectively it's pretty much the same. Except Macca's actually use 100% beef while that is probably about 70% beef and a mix of flour, preservatives, binding agents, etc. And the beef is probably at least 60% testicles and hooves.
The name of the company they used is called 100% Australian Beef - the beef itself is not 100% beef. It looks like something that fell out of a cardboard box.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Go to Bar Luca and get the Blame Canada burger.

It is the best burger Iv had in Sydney by far

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Go to Bar Luca and get the Blame Canada burger.

It is the best burger Iv had in Sydney by far
It's pretty bloody good. Burgers by Josh at the Annandale Hotel and Greenwood Plaza are also excellent.

Had Down N' Out burgers for dinner last night at Top Ryde. They're alright but not the best. Good fresh ingredients and nice pink meat but the meat was a bit tasteless.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe
Those filo prawn twists you got any souped up versions ? I like the *****
Not really my forte. Not a fan of prawns so I generally only do a few prawn dishes. The ones that win out at Garlic Prawns (Simple prawns sauteed with garlic and a hint of chili then finished off with some white win) and pernod prawns (same as the garlic prawns but use pernod instead of wine and top it up with some thickened cream)

The pernod prawns can also be done with pasta.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's pretty bloody good. Burgers by Josh at the Annandale Hotel and Greenwood Plaza are also excellent.

Had Down N' Out burgers for dinner last night at Top Ryde. They're alright but not the best. Good fresh ingredients and nice pink meat but the meat was a bit tasteless.
Yet to try burgers by Josh. My mate raves on about them like they're the best shit in town though

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet to try burgers by Josh. My mate raves on about them like they're the best shit in town though
Lek ayrib that burgers by Jahash ****, pretty standard plus pricey for shit

9$ for chips with some cheese sauce on them ayri

Wahesh

Reaction score
Haha any recommendations?
Hot chips? There's this small Asian joint across the road from Westfield Burwood on Burwood rd. It's all takeaway, no sit-in dining. You stand at the front of the shop while they make everything for you fresh. I ordered hot chips from there - $3. Beautiful.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lek ayrib that burgers by Jahash ****, pretty standard plus pricey for shit

9$ for chips with some cheese sauce on them ayri
The standard burgers (beef and chicken) are good but overpriced. The rest of the burgers are challenges to see how much of a fatty you are.

Still haven't found a better burger though. There's another burger joint at North Sydney that's always packed and everyone rants about it, but I ate there twice and each time it was pretty average, also pretty overpriced.

Juicy Burger at Merrylands is pretty good but also overpriced and not as good as many make it out to be.

There's many new Hipster burger joints popping up now days.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The standard burgers (beef and chicken) are good but overpriced. The rest of the burgers are challenges to see how much of a fatty you are.

Still haven't found a better burger though. There's another burger joint at North Sydney that's always packed and everyone rants about it, but I ate there twice and each time it was pretty average, also pretty overpriced.

Juicy Burger at Merrylands is pretty good but also overpriced and not as good as many make it out to be.

There's many new Hipster burger joints popping up now days.
Have you tried Killa Burger? http://www.killaburgergrill.com/cms/Menu.aspx