Drugs problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok, so I have this family problem at the moment, I have a 20 year old cousin who is in Melbourne, who has become a drug addict. He went to an expensive private school and started doing drugs when he was 16 at school.

According to him every kid he knew at school was doing drugs or marijuana.

I have personally asked few kids of the same age here in brisbane who are not at all into drugs nor have friends who do drugs, and they also told me that around 70% of the school kids are into drugs these days.

this is new for me cos i have my own boys will be teenagers soon. I would think private schools would have better control on problem like these compared to state schools but obviously not the case with my cousin.

So you guys obviously are from different areas and walks of life with kids of different ages. Do you think the drug problem is that bad in aussie schools that every other kid is into drugs , recreational or addicted.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What drug if you dont mind me asking?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What drug if you dont mind me asking?

he started off on marijuana and then he started taking synthetics , mixing zanax with alcohol he told me.

started going crazy and hitting his mom, dad and brother. police was called and he ended up in jail for 2 days.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From my work experiences i put youth drug use down to this.

Society doesn't let kids be kids anymore... with all the stress and pressure about ones image and success, there are no coping mechanisms in place to help children deal with this rush of anxiety... drugs let children escape these pressures and effectively be children again.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
From my work experiences i put youth drug use down to this.

Society doesn't let kids be kids anymore... with all the stress and pressure about ones image and success, there are no coping mechanisms in place to help children deal with this rush of anxiety... drugs let children escape these pressures and effectively be children again.

so you have kids or know teenagers personally?

is this true every second kid in school is taking drugs these days?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
ok, so I have this family problem at the moment, I have a 20 year old cousin who is in Melbourne, who has become a drug addict. He went to an expensive private school and started doing drugs when he was 16 at school.

According to him every kid he knew at school was doing drugs or marijuana.

I have personally asked few kids of the same age here in brisbane who are not at all into drugs nor have friends who do drugs, and they also told me that around 70% of the school kids are into drugs these days.

this is new for me cos i have my own boys will be teenagers soon. I would think private schools would have better control on problem like these compared to state schools but obviously not the case with my cousin.

So you guys obviously are from different areas and walks of life with kids of different ages. Do you think the drug problem is that bad in aussie schools that every other kid is into drugs , recreational or addicted.
The only difference about private schools is students generally have fatter bank balances Ruth which to buy more expensive designer drugs.

Drugs are a pretty widespread problem in this society... not as much so as booze though. The main things I'd worry about if I were a dad would be ice and my kids becoming alcoholics like 60 percent of the damn country or doing silly/ non constructive shit on the piss.

It depends on the drug IMO. Dome drugs will send s person off the rails nice and quick, others are probably less harmful than booze.

Like anything it comes down to levels of excess too.

But just school kids will experiment with drugs and most (not all) who say they haven't are probably lying.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
so you have kids or know teenagers personally?

is this true every second kid in school is taking drugs these days?
These days? It was true when I went to school... and I went to a selective school...and graduated almost 20 years ago! Hehe

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only difference about private schools is students generally have fatter bank balances Ruth which to buy more expensive designer drugs.

Drugs are a pretty widespread problem in this society... not as much so as booze though. The main things I'd worry about if I were a dad would be ice and my kids becoming alcoholics like 60 percent of the damn country or doing silly/ non constructive shit on the piss.

It depends on the drug IMO. Dome drugs will send s person off the rails nice and quick, others are probably less harmful than booze.

Like anything it comes down to levels of excess too.

But just school kids will experiment with drugs and most (not all) who say they haven't are probably lying.

yeah, same with my cousin. He was doing well in general and in studies when he was doing marijuana but when he started mixing drugs with alcohol that is where he became an addict.

but from what i gather what you are saying that majority of the kids at school do try drugs at some level. fuck that is scary.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
he started off on marijuana and then he started taking synthetics , mixing zanax with alcohol he told me.

started going crazy and hitting his mom, dad and brother. police was called and he ended up in jail for 2 days.
Synthetics ?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mixing zannys and the grog is a recipe for death pop a few of them drink to much your fucked

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
mate he is gone from a healthy kid to absolute bones and shakes all the time.
Thats the power of addiction man if he is on all types of shit thats not good. Being blunt your family is in for a **** of a run which more than likley wont end well at all.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats the power of addiction man if he is on all types of shit thats not good. Being blunt your family is in for a **** of a run which more than likley wont end well at all.

had already been few months of torture already, but now he is recovering (seems to be)

i am more concerned about my kids, with what i have heard about the drug culture in schools.

I never thought access to drugs and use would be so huge in school kids.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to two high schools. The first one no one did drugs except for myself and a few others (by drugs I mean smoking pot). The second high school I went to everyone did drugs.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I never got into anything other than pot though. And I eventually got bored of pot so I stopped smoking. That and the fact that I started developing an allergy to it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
yeah, same with my cousin. He was doing well in general and in studies when he was doing marijuana but when he started mixing drugs with alcohol that is where he became an addict.

but from what i gather what you are saying that majority of the kids at school do try drugs at some level. fuck that is scary.
Not trying to scare you but yeah I think that's the case...

I've never done coke, heroin, ice etc, but did my fair share of drugs in my teens and 20s. It's pretty commonplace.

I think the best approach to it is education. Completely prohibitive attitudes don't work due to that propensity for rebellion. Trying to instil the importance of personal responsibility and common sense is the key. Kids who have a good sense of those things tend not to abuse the highly addictive drugs. Chronic pot use can be an issue too...especially for kids who are quieter, a bit more reclusive and use it as a crutch for depression.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
the main cause of concern for me is every one i have spoken to and also from this forum so far, every second kid in school (private or public) has access to drugs and has used drugs in some capacity.

this is fucken absolutely crazy and I had no idea of the enormity of this problem.

I may have to think about home schooling my kids

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kid in schools have easy access to drugs these days, just need one kid hooked up with a gang/dealer and the entire grade has access to it. Deadset weed is probs easier to buy than a can of soft drink from school these days haha.

I remember growing up a certain gang were picking up a lot of highschool kids so there was plenty of supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.