Donor Awareness - Worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to break in guys but Drop Bear is currently in ICU with one hell of a battle on his hands.
For those of that belief then your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

He was admitted to Hospital last Monday and has progressively gone down hill with what started out as Pneumonia.
He was transferred up to ICU sometime yesterday after the doctors and nurses have done their best to help him.

Why is he in this condition?
Simple - because a transplant could have saved him and his family all this grief if one had of been available when he was a bit healthier.
Fuck this is fucked can we do anything sir col i feel numb

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to break in guys but Drop Bear is currently in ICU with one hell of a battle on his hands.
For those of that belief then your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

He was admitted to Hospital last Monday and has progressively gone down hill with what started out as Pneumonia.
He was transferred up to ICU sometime yesterday after the doctors and nurses have done their best to help him.

Why is he in this condition?
Simple - because a transplant could have saved him and his family all this grief if one had of been available when he was a bit healthier.
Oh shit...

Pneumonia is bad BAD news.

I'm not religious but I'm hoping and wishing him all the best in battling this one, and fighting on enough to get himself that new kidney.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Shit hope Drop Bear is ok.

The sooner the government brings in an opt out system the better. All the religious zealots can just opt out and we would still save tonnes more lives than we do with the current system.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck this is fucked can we do anything sir col i feel numb
I reckon if I tell him you are still honouring your bet with him and have the Eels logo as your avatar he will perk up no end mate.
Nothing we can do sitting on the outside.

He rang me after I put this post up and is heading back down to the ward - tonight or tomorrow (not sure he was as vague as) but fuck mam it was hard to understand him through the whistle of the oxygen mask - him gasping for breath and coughing like you wouldn't believe.
He's a tough bastard and still cracking pathetic jokes so I take all this as positive.

I will keep you updated along the way.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
hey Sir Col , tell DB that if he needs any thing i am just round the corner from him in Kingston.

Praying for his speedy recovery in our holy month of Ramadan.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey Sir Col , tell DB that if he needs any thing i am just round the corner from him in Kingston.

Praying for his speedy recovery in our holy month of Ramadan.
Good on you Zee - so far so good and will pass on your remarks to him.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon if I tell him you are still honouring your bet with him and have the Eels logo as your avatar he will perk up no end mate.
Nothing we can do sitting on the outside.

He rang me after I put this post up and is heading back down to the ward - tonight or tomorrow (not sure he was as vague as) but fuck mam it was hard to understand him through the whistle of the oxygen mask - him gasping for breath and coughing like you wouldn't believe.
He's a tough bastard and still cracking pathetic jokes so I take all this as positive.

I will keep you updated along the way.
Thanks mate tell him he has no choice but to get better he has to go fucking sailing on the boat he was talking about lol .and yeah the eels avatar was a bet between me and him i told him I'll honour it which i will

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tell Drop Bear that IndianMan sends his best regards and wishes him to get well soon.

I dare say theres a piping hot 7 Eleven Coffee waiting for him when he gets out :D

@Zee .. sorry mate :P

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All the best DB, may the Lord make this time easier for you.

Shit hope Drop Bear is ok.

The sooner the government brings in an opt out system the better. All the religious zealots can just opt out and we would still save tonnes more lives than we do with the current system.
Because someone doesn't want to go against the word of their Lord they are a zealot?

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
All the best DB, may the Lord make this time easier for you.

Because someone doesn't want to go against the word of their Lord they are a zealot?
Well considering a zealot is someone who is fanatical and uncompromising about something then yeah. If someone won't compromise their religion to save someone's life they are a zealot.

That's not meant as a stab at anyone, it's just how it is.

The government should bring in an opt out system so that people who just couldn't be assed to opt in would be donors. The people who are really against it for whatever reason they have can take the time to opt out.

Zealots get what they want, the people who need organs have a higher chance of surviving. Better situation than what we have now.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well considering a zealot is someone who is fanatical and uncompromising about something then yeah. If someone won't compromise their religion to save someone's life they are a zealot.

That's not meant as a stab at anyone, it's just how it is.

The government should bring in an opt out system so that people who just couldn't be assed to opt in would be donors. The people who are really against it for whatever reason they have can take the time to opt out.

Zealots get what they want, the people who need organs have a higher chance of surviving. Better situation than what we have now.
No, there's nothing fanatical and uncompromising with the decision someone makes based on religion if they don't want to donate organs once they pass.

Wanting to be buried complete or as you are at the time is not fanatical or zealous activity, it's completely natural and how it has been done for along time that outdates organ harvesting by a long time...

If I don't want to steal something even though I need it, does that make me a zealot aswell? We accept the fact once the angel death is nearing that what will happen, for myself and others.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I disagree with you. I think that refusing to compromise on any kind of belief is fanatical and there are people of all faiths who interpret their own faiths differently and do compromise.

That's fine if you disagree I really couldn't care less.

No one cares if you choose to opt out. Most of us just want people opted in by default because you know, we want more lives saved.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I disagree with you. I think that refusing to compromise on any kind of belief is fanatical and there are people of all faiths who interpret their own faiths differently and do compromise.

That's fine if you disagree I really couldn't care less.

No one cares if you choose to opt out. Most of us just want people opted in by default because you know, we want more lives saved.
I'll leave it there, it will just turn nasty and we don't need that around here bro

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update on DB.
Should be coming out of ICU today (I think)
Had a phone call from him and it was hard to understand what he was saying with oxygen mask whistling and him being short of breath plus coughing like he was fit to bust a rib.
Hope to get down to see him Tuesday if he is up to a visit.
Thanks for your wishes guys - I will pass them n if I get to see him.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good news people
Saw Drop Bear in hospital today and the antibiotics have kicked in and he is much much better.
Could string a few sentences together before starting to run out of breath, cheerful but sleep deprived and had good colour in his face.
Still on oxygen but improving by the hour.
SOH - you have got to get an autographed picture of Raelene to send him - he damm near fell of the bed laughing when I told him you were going to organise a framed, autographed picture of Raelene for him.
Also passed on his thanks for all the good wishes and prayers.
He said he will be back - just not this week though. lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good news people
Saw Drop Bear in hospital today and the antibiotics have kicked in and he is much much better.
Could string a few sentences together before starting to run out of breath, cheerful but sleep deprived and had good colour in his face.
Still on oxygen but improving by the hour.
SOH - you have got to get an autographed picture of Raelene to send him - he damm near fell of the bed laughing when I told him you were going to organise a framed, autographed picture of Raelene for him.
Also passed on his thanks for all the good wishes and prayers.
He said he will be back - just not this week though. lol
Lol im so fucking relived he is on the mend

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Great news... wish him all the best on a prompt recovery.. :grinning:

Oohhhh I get this ... Semi Radradra disappears over to Fiji, and mysteriously Drop Bear disappears as well..

Hmmmmm I'm onto you Semi ...errr I mean Drop Bear!!

Status
Not open for further replies.