Did the players know that Des was sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think that we improved much yesterday at all.

The main difference was that we came up against a team that had ZERO line speed in defence. There were times their defensive line was doing about 4 different things at once i.e. one player coming forward, one holding, one sliding and one backing back.

We still looked lost, we still threw multiple passes that fell on the ground.

Any team that has even a small amount of defensive line speed will continue to own us.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think that we improved much yesterday at all.

The main difference was that we came up against a team that had ZERO line speed in defence. There were times their defensive line was doing about 4 different things at once i.e. one player coming forward, one holding, one sliding and one backing back.

We still looked lost, we still threw multiple passes that fell on the ground.

Any team that has even a small amount of defensive line speed will continue to own us.
Mmm. Must be because of the former Dogs players in their pack I guess....Fair dinkum we played direct and quick today. Two things we haven't done all season. They couldn't rush us very often because of the speed of our play not because they were flat. that was the big difference.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
There are still rumours Barrett is our new coach. Could explain Dogs aiming up and Eagles playing shit house??

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing with Des is where would he go? What team would sign him. This is a real question. Would Manly still want him?
Who cares? As long as he is far away and has nothing to do with this club anymore.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta say they played pretty good footy today. They both hit the go button at the right time, both showed some good stepping and swerving and their defence was on point. Heard Brett on radio afterwards saying how good it was to get the ball with some clear space in front of them for a change. On yesterdays performance they've got a couple more good years left in them.
I think our problem is our halves play on separate sides. To get the ball out quicker to Morris bro's, Lee & Montoya we should only need three passes, hooker to half then to 5/8 then to centres. We take four passes but have Jackson feeding Lee and Montoya. If Morris bro's get the ball earlier from our halves they will have more space but instead it's a forward giving them the ball at times but when Moses or Frawley was distributing to them against Eagle's we looked faster. Forwards should take up first three then piss off for remaining plays not be first or second receiver. So I think the Morris bro's are hard done by the lack of good early ball in previous games.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A side for next year that would thrive under a new coach:

1. Moses Mbye
2. Richie Kenner
3. Will Hopoate
4. Brenko Lee
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Josh Cleeland
7. Kieran Foran
8. David Klemmer
9. Brown
10. Aaron Woods
11. RFM
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. Aiden Tolman
15. Adam Elliot
16. Renouf To Omaga. Can Play anywhere in the foward pack. Mobile foward
17. Kerrod Holland........ Just Kidding calm down and utility here.......

The only way this side would succeed is if it's under the reign of someone to knows the bulldogs culture.

The Morris brothers are past it. Send them to the ESL.

Graham. Unless he can grow his balls back he has to go.
Looks like a good team, your idea of having a utility on the bench is great, proof was yesterday when Montoya was off and replaced by Stanley and we hardly missed a beat. but their a few other options like Smith at 2 and Kennard at 3, and Hoppa who can cover almost any position on the bench.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think our problem is our halves play on separate sides. To get the ball out quicker to Morris bro's, Lee & Montoya we should only need three passes, hooker to half then to 5/8 then to centres. We take four passes but have Jackson feeding Lee and Montoya. If Morris bro's get the ball earlier from our halves they will have more space but instead it's a forward giving them the ball at times but when Moses or Frawley was distributing to them against Eagle's we looked faster. Forwards should take up first three then piss off for remaining plays not be first or second receiver. So I think the Morris bro's are hard done by the lack of good early ball in previous games.
Yeah I don't disagree with that. I have been concerned for a while that Jackson gets the ball in attack a bit too much. In most teams the wide backrower is used as a decoy half the time but JJ always seems to get it which cramps up the o/s backs. I think Hoppa's cutout passes made all the difference. Gave the backs a chance to run the ball with a bit of clear air in front of them.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are still rumours Barrett is our new coach. Could explain Dogs aiming up and Eagles playing shit house??
Ive heard we are chasing him hard and manly dont want hasler back ,i dont get the obsession with barret

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the players went off the reservation yesterday and decided to just play the way they wanted too instead of Desball????

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the players went off the reservation yesterday and decided to just play the way they wanted too instead of Desball????
I was thinking the same because block plays and decoy runners aint desball

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Really? Do you know why mate...
Well he turned down the job before Des. Also he was ready to be Pay's assistant until management fucked it up.

I don't talk shit, I get my info from a sponsor who is best mates with a certain board member who loves to big note himself.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing with Des is where would he go? What team would sign him. This is a real question. Would Manly still want him?
I hope he's never find a job in NRL again, but I am sure there are more dump clubs like us out there

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dymock is happy to watch this club turn to shit , pick up the cones and get paid shitloads

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well he turned down the job before Des. Also he was ready to be Pay's assistant until management fucked it up.

I don't talk shit, I get my info from a sponsor who is best mates with a certain board member who loves to big note himself.
Can you tell your sponsor to punch dib in the dick for me ? It would be much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.