Did the players know that Des was sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is not much else to say but I have a feeling that the players knew that Des was departing the club so they wanted to make a statement. We honestly looked a lot better and Lichaa suddenly went from not even reserve grade standard to a ok first grade hooker, Graham must have got he balls back from Des' office, Mbye played better but still needs improvement etc. Also with the recent rumours of the club meeting with Dean Pay I am beginning to become convince that the man who I hate the most is gone!

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A side for next year that would thrive under a new coach:

1. Moses Mbye
2. Richie Kenner
3. Will Hopoate
4. Brenko Lee
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Josh Cleeland
7. Kieran Foran
8. David Klemmer
9. Brown
10. Aaron Woods
11. RFM
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. Aiden Tolman
15. Adam Elliot
16. Renouf To Omaga. Can Play anywhere in the foward pack. Mobile foward
17. Kerrod Holland........ Just Kidding calm down and utility here.......

The only way this side would succeed is if it's under the reign of someone to knows the bulldogs culture.

The Morris brothers are past it. Send them to the ESL.

Graham. Unless he can grow his balls back he has to go.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
In the presser, he really looked like a defeated man even though we won. I think he knows he is gone and he is gutted but the players feel relieved that statistic man can't keep killing their flare for the game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nope ... and the commentators tore strips off Lichaa for the forward pass, saying there's no excuse for that for a first grade player.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the presser, he really looked like a defeated man even though we won. I think he knows he is gone and he is gutted but the players feel relieved that statistic man can't keep killing their flare for the game.
I don't think he looked like a defeated man at all, he gave himself credit on the win stating they practised momentum and ball handling techniques.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A side for next year that would thrive under a new coach:

1. Moses Mbye
2. Richie Kenner
3. Will Hopoate
4. Brenko Lee
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Josh Cleeland
7. Kieran Foran
8. David Klemmer
9. Brown
10. Aaron Woods
11. RFM
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. Aiden Tolman
15. Adam Elliot
16. Renouf To Omaga. Can Play anywhere in the foward pack. Mobile foward
17. Kerrod Holland........ Just Kidding calm down and utility here.......

The only way this side would succeed is if it's under the reign of someone to knows the bulldogs culture.

The Morris brothers are past it. Send them to the ESL.

Graham. Unless he can grow his balls back he has to go.
U are a goose if you think Morris boys are past it. Give them the ball and watch them play footy.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
U are a goose if you think Morris boys are past it. Give them the ball and watch them play footy.
Gotta say they played pretty good footy today. They both hit the go button at the right time, both showed some good stepping and swerving and their defence was on point. Heard Brett on radio afterwards saying how good it was to get the ball with some clear space in front of them for a change. On yesterdays performance they've got a couple more good years left in them.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we win our last two games then I will be convinced they knew he is gone.
I agree, at this stage, my vibe on this is the win and energy yesterday was likely due to a) it being our final home game and b) the game reflecting the home farewell of quite a few players departing the club... but who knows!

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The thing with Des is where would he go? What team would sign him. This is a real question. Would Manly still want him?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There is not much else to say but I have a feeling that the players knew that Des was departing the club so they wanted to make a statement. We honestly looked a lot better and Lichaa suddenly went from not even reserve grade standard to a ok first grade hooker, Graham must have got he balls back from Des' office, Mbye played better but still needs improvement etc. Also with the recent rumours of the club meeting with Dean Pay I am beginning to become convince that the man who I hate the most is gone!
If we win our last two games then I will be convinced they knew he is gone.
Ok I've obviously missed something here... what's with the past tense grammar?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
yep I agree, his body language looked every bit like he wont be there next year

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing with Des is where would he go? What team would sign him. This is a real question. Would Manly still want him?
Apparently the last two weeks poor performances by manly are due to the players finding out Hasler will be coaching them next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.