Des - top 8 clause 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If his payout is capped as all reports suggest it won't cost the club much more than what his current contract will.
Hasler contract 1 mill plus x 2 years = 2million dollars
Hasler payout capped @ 600k x 2years = 1.2mil
New coach @ 500k x 2years = 1 mil
We may pay an extra couple of hundred thousand to get rid of him but in my opinion it's well worth it.

lol another kennel accountant!!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
What has Dib ever done to suggest he's clever or cunning?
Was it re-signing an underperforming, outdated and indifferent coach who has slowly overseen the total destruction of our football team or was it signing off on inflated backended contracts that has left us with an aged, ageing and incompetent squad?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
If his payout is capped as all reports suggest it won't cost the club much more than what his current contract will.
We may pay an extra couple of hundred thousand to get rid of him but in my opinion it's well worth it.
Good to see all the hard earned money fans spend on game day, mercy and memberships is going to good use. $1.2mil to get the same result we could have had for free if our board had a ckue

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good to see all the hard earned money fans spend on game day, mercy and memberships is going to good use. $1.2mil to get the same result we could have had for free if our board had a ckue
I agree with you it's a waste of fans money.
But when you make a bad investment do you hold onto it until it bottoms out or do you cut your losses and walk away.
The board has fucked up big time and need to show something to save their arses. If it means on losing a little money it's better than sitting through another two years of desball

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a hunch, I think dib may have outsmarted all of us most of all des, for these reasons:

* seemed commonly reported at time that first contract extension 2016 included top 4 clause, so dib at that time looking for safety net

* dib rat cunning

* des body language (as op have commented on), seems completely deflated last couple of games coinciding with no top 8 hopes, definitely looks like dead man (coach) walking

* players accelerated lack of commitment in games lately

thoughts?
I doubt it. Des is too smart for such clauses.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Who knows mate. I believe des is smart and tight. He wouldnt sign and lose that much. So if its a million its still worth it. The club is a mess.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who knows mate. I believe des is smart and tight. He wouldnt sign and lose that much. So if its a million its still worth it. The club is a mess.
I agree I don't think he is dumb enough to rob himself of that much coin. Whatever it takes for the club to stop the decline I'm all for it

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 million is a huge hit for a club to payout but fmd another 2 years of this shit will cost the club 5 to 10 million. This team has embarrassed themselves. Dessies stocks have fallen 1 fold. Which club is desperate enough to take him. ?? Titans only
Warriors

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think the rumour is load of shit or you have doubts , then why post it inn the first place?/
Isn't this place created for just that... posting anything bulldog related weather it being a rumour or not? If you read my comment it clearly says if anyone has heard anything similar to see if there is any truth to it. Thanks for your time

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really doubt Des is going anywhere regardless..

The offeaseason will start in 7 weeks.. a new coach would have to be appointed by start of November, cant see it happening

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I agree with you it's a waste of fans money.
But when you make a bad investment do you hold onto it until it bottoms out or do you cut your losses and walk away.
The board has fucked up big time and need to show something to save their arses. If it means on losing a little money it's better than sitting through another two years of desball
Either way the board should be hung

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I really doubt Des is going anywhere regardless..

The offeaseason will start in 7 weeks.. a new coach would have to be appointed by start of November, cant see it happening
People were saying the same in 2011.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm now more convinced than before that des has a 2017 top 8 clause

# his body language looking more and more of a dead man walking

# the players big change of his game plans

# his non appearance at after game send off, because his fault they're going or because
he's going and doesn't give a shit

notwithstanding Elias resignation, maybe connected, may not be

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The contract talks with Des were dragged out for a long time 'cause there was something they couldn't agree on. I'm guessing it was the top 8 clause but I'm also guessing that we took that clause out to sign Des.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm now more convinced than before that des has a 2017 top 8 clause

# his body language looking more and more of a dead man walking

# the players big change of his game plans

# his non appearance at after game send off, because his fault they're going or because
he's going and doesn't give a shit

notwithstanding Elias resignation, maybe connected, may not be
From recent reports the clause in his contract is that we only have to pay him $500k per season if we sack him as oppose to his full contract. Not sure on the validity of that report but apparently the clause only kicks in when he starts his new contract. So if we sacked him now then we'd have to pay out the full amount. Sack him after the season finishes and we only pay him $1 million.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting what bill Harrigan said on triple m at start of the 2nd half of the Newcastle Canberra game
Des has till round 10 next year

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The contract talks with Des were dragged out for a long time 'cause there was something they couldn't agree on. I'm guessing it was the top 8 clause but I'm also guessing that we took that clause out to sign Des.
yeah logical assumption that dib would trade any clause for foran signing, I guess it may have depended was des more desperate to extend or was dib more desperate to get foran, still des recent appearances look to me of a person resigned to leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.