Des - top 8 clause 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a hunch, I think dib may have outsmarted all of us most of all des, for these reasons:

* seemed commonly reported at time that first contract extension 2016 included top 4 clause, so dib at that time looking for safety net

* dib rat cunning

* des body language (as op have commented on), seems completely deflated last couple of games coinciding with no top 8 hopes, definitely looks like dead man (coach) walking

* players accelerated lack of commitment in games lately

thoughts?

Reactions: DT

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hang on second ... DIB stated that DES is only second to Bellamy in the coaching ranks.. so why would the supposed second best coach except these terms ?? and if DIB truly believed that rubbish why would he feel the need to insert such a clause ? In summary Theres no clause....

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look I've heard every single rumour under the sun but the one I heard today that des is as good as gone and they have already signed up a new coach for next year and not announcing it till after season ends. My heart is cheering and hoping it's true but my brains are saying maybe another load of crap. I also heard a massive scandal has occurred which will dwarf coffs incident which is the reason behind the bad form. Personally I think it's a load of shit but if anyone else has heard something there could be some truth in it. Again doubt it

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a hunch, I think dib may have outsmarted all of us most of all des, for these reasons:

* seemed commonly reported at time that first contract extension 2016 included top 4 clause, so dib at that time looking for safety net

* dib rat cunning

* des body language (as op have commented on), seems completely deflated last couple of games coinciding with no top 8 hopes, definitely looks like dead man (coach) walking

* players accelerated lack of commitment in games lately

thoughts?
If Des looks sad it would because he is going to miss out on money not because his team is losing.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look I've heard every single rumour under the sun but the one I heard today that des is as good as gone and they have already signed up a new coach for next year and not announcing it till after season ends. My heart is cheering and hoping it's true but my brains are saying maybe another load of crap. I also heard a massive scandal has occurred which will dwarf coffs incident which is the reason behind the bad form. Personally I think it's a load of shit but if anyone else has heard something there could be some truth in it. Again doubt it
I hope your Des rumour is true. As for a scandal, what worries me is if the board is overturned or even just Dib there will be disgruntled ex employees that could come out with something. Just look at parra and manly. Even ex players will dish some dirt. Some very tough times ahead

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dib is a financial man of course he had a plan B
Wonder if we will be told the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. All fans should get together en mass and demand the full truth at the AGM.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
1 million is a huge hit for a club to payout but fmd another 2 years of this shit will cost the club 5 to 10 million. This team has embarrassed themselves. Dessies stocks have fallen 1 fold. Which club is desperate enough to take him. ?? Titans only

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 million is a huge hit for a club to payout but fmd another 2 years of this shit will cost the club 5 to 10 million. This team has embarrassed themselves. Dessies stocks have fallen 1 fold. Which club is desperate enough to take him. ?? Titans only
If his payout is capped as all reports suggest it won't cost the club much more than what his current contract will.
Hasler contract 1 mill plus x 2 years = 2million dollars
Hasler payout capped @ 600k x 2years = 1.2mil
New coach @ 500k x 2years = 1 mil
We may pay an extra couple of hundred thousand to get rid of him but in my opinion it's well worth it.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you think the rumour is load of shit or you have doubts , then why post it inn the first place?/

Status
Not open for further replies.