Dear Raelene...Are you listening!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

The following thread is purely my reasons and mine only to cancel my membership effective immediately. I speak for myself and not to influence anyone who chooses any differently. I respect every ones decision on how they will go about their choices in the future regarding their Bulldogs club membership. We are all entitled to express our opinions.

The following was sent to the Bulldogs Membership department......

Hi,

Could you please advise if my membership is on auto renew for the above membership #'s? (removed from thread)

If so, please remove this as I would like to confirm that I will not be renewing both
of these memberships.

Please confirm by reply your acceptance. Thank you.

Reply....

Hi (name removed from thread),

Thanks for your email.

That is very unfortunate. Is there any particular reason for this?

You are on the automatic rollover but we will take you off.

Please note that if you do not renew by the deadline, your seats will be allocated to
someone else.

Please let us know if you do change your mind and we will be happy to help you.

Kind Regards,
Bulldogs Membership

My response......

Hi,

Thanks for your confirmation in cancelling our memberships.

Sure i am happy to explain my reasons for cancelling them.

As far as entertainment on the playing field goes we never got our value for money. For
what the season tickets cost us, the quality, the style and the lack of understanding
for change when required during the season provided a very, very boring product. It
felt like we were watching the same thing week in week out.

I will also share my frustrations when deals are done with a player saying when they
will and when they won't play, so how do you expect members to support the club and
team throughout the year when a player is not prepared to do so? This club use to stand
for Club first, team second and player third. Us members have been taken for a ride
where you took our money but did not provide the full product when injuries took no
part. Simply a player did not want to play for personal reasons and good luck to him.
That's not what i paid for as i thought prior to renewing our memberships in late 2015
that all contracted players will play if 100% fit (excluding suspensions) in 2016.
That's a slap in the face to us as a consumer.

In future, your CEO, Board Members and Coach should not disrespect their members and
fans by expecting us to turn up in the cold, the rain and at times very tight schedules
and in particular when most people are struggling to save a dollar but put it towards
supporting the club and team when a contracted player is not prepared to do so and when
a coach was not prepared to change the product he was providing when it clearly was not
working. We'd had enough!

Also, there were 22,000 people at last weekends finals game against Penrith. That's
less than 10,000 Bulldogs members (as not all would have been members). Where were your
other 10,000+ members? Now lets not use the venue Allianz Stadium as an excuse. The
sooner your CEO, Directors and Coach realise that members and fans are turning away due
to the above reasons the quicker we will start seeing the entertainment we pay for on
the field that we have been known for and want to watch win, lose or draw. Then and
only then you may see members and fans returning. But unfortunately we will not be in

I appreciate for your time in hearing my reasons.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well said. Well done. Hope more people to do it. I'm finding it so tough to follow through personally (have canceled auto renewal already) though the only way we can make them take note is this.

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
Good on you, Im sure there's plenty of supporters who feel the same way.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wont be renewing either. Im sure ill get a call to renew as im not on the roll over, once that occurs i will give them similar reasons stated above.

From people i have spoken to it seems that membership numbers will be down drastically next year. Hope they take note, but not holding my breath.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It must be very obvious to the club's management by now that members and fans of the Bulldogs are disgruntled to say the least.
There has been a lot of media about the team and Des' tenure.

Unless there is movement with big name signing/s or Des moving on I have no doubt more members will not renew.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good letter .. Hope that pricked their ears up.
I'm not renewing because I'm getting just as disinterested as the team is.

Almost everytime were up in he first half the opposition come back and we just roll over and let them win. It's painful to watch and even more painful driving back home stewing over it. I don't want to spend my money for misery.

If they can promise with a money back guarantee that they are going to give us entertaing football I'll be more than happy to pay.. I don't care if we win or lose , as long as we're competitive .. That game against the sharks we're we offloaded and offloaded and passed and passed and lost in the dying seconds was the most entertaining game I've seen since 2014 . That ill pay for

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I bet they filed these under junk mail after the first reply.

For every fan that cancels with genuine reasons they'll just offload a membership to a Nigerian in a detention centre so they can tally boost like a drunk dude plowing through fatties on a 4am garbage run in moose.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good letter .. Hope that pricked their ears up.
I'm not renewing because I'm getting just as disinterested as the team is.

Almost everytime were up in he first half the opposition come back and we just roll over and let them win. It's painful to watch and even more painful driving back home stewing over it. I don't want to spend my money for misery.

If they can promise with a money back guarantee that they are going to give us entertaing football I'll be more than happy to pay.. I don't care if we win or lose , as long as we're competitive .. That game against the sharks we're we offloaded and offloaded and passed and passed and lost in the dying seconds was the most entertaining game I've seen since 2014 . That ill pay for
Are you talking about the game where Mbye kicked out on the full God knows how many times, found the Shark's wingers chest with EVERY kick and didn't even find touch on a penalty?

That was the worst ever performance by a halfback in NRL history and such a frustrating game to watch.

Reaction score
I bet they filed these under junk mail after the first reply.

For every fan that cancels with genuine reasons they'll just offload a membership to a Nigerian in a detention centre so they can tally boost like a drunk dude plowing through fatties on a 4am garbage run in moose.
love the moose, sank many a pint there when i was a uni student

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this with us. It is obvious that like a lot of others you have been dissatisfied with the product being supplied to us over not just this year, but previous years. I appreciate your sentiments in saying that we are all entitled to our own opinions and that we should act as our conscience dictates us to. I commend you for the action you have taken, your choice, your decision, based on your feelings.

I love my footy team and have been supporting them for well over 50 years. I have seen the highs, the lows and everything in between but the way in which we as fans have been treated , basically as fools, these past few years is fast wearing down my resolve. I am at a crossroads and have a lot to think about between now and the end of November.

We as a family were in two minds as to whether or not we would go to the elimination final at Allianz but as is our want in the end we could not bring ourselves to NOT go. Sad some may say but well that is us. We were ever hopeful that we could get a result different to the one that eventuated and as such even though it cut deep we were not as upset as we thought at the loss because we were under no illusions that we would win.
The Bullfrog credo as mentioned by you; Club first, team second and player third has fallen by the wayside. Footy is a business and it seems that these days clubs will do just about anything to be successful even if it is detriment of the team in the short term by allowing a player to dictate the terms under which he plays. How would you feel if you work mate insisted that he/ she did not want to work on a specific day and you had to pick up their slack.

Like I said don't know what we will do. That is our choice and our decision based on our feelings.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I highlighted this in another thread...

I wonder about the breakdown for our 20,000 members.

I reckon it would be:
10,000 gifted to refugees
9,900 auto renews
50 new members
50 manual renewals.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you talking about the game where Mbye kicked out on the full God knows how many times, found the Shark's wingers chest with EVERY kick and didn't even find touch on a penalty?

That was the worst ever performance by a halfback in NRL history and such a frustrating game to watch.
Yes but he's got potential ;) .. I was in the edge if my seat , I loved that game

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this with us. It is obvious that like a lot of others you have been dissatisfied with the product being supplied to us over not just this year, but previous years. I appreciate your sentiments in saying that we are all entitled to our own opinions and that we should act as our conscience dictates us to. I commend you for the action you have taken, your choice, your decision, based on your feelings.

I love my footy team and have been supporting them for well over 50 years. I have seen the highs, the lows and everything in between but the way in which we as fans have been treated , basically as fools, these past few years is fast wearing down my resolve. I am at a crossroads and have a lot to think about between now and the end of November.

We as a family were in two minds as to whether or not we would go to the elimination final at Allianz but as is our want in the end we could not bring ourselves to NOT go. Sad some may say but well that is us. We were ever hopeful that we could get a result different to the one that eventuated and as such even though it cut deep we were not as upset as we thought at the loss because we were under no illusions that we would win.
The Bullfrog credo as mentioned by you; Club first, team second and player third has fallen by the wayside. Footy is a business and it seems that these days clubs will do just about anything to be successful even if it is detriment of the team in the short term by allowing a player to dictate the terms under which he plays. How would you feel if you work mate insisted that he/ she did not want to work on a specific day and you had to pick up their slack.

Like I said don't know what we will do. That is our choice and our decision based on our feelings.
wow to hear such an upbeat member write like this has taken away any doubt I had in my mind that the club needs a big shake up.

I guess when it comes to putting religion in front of football it's like picking one religion over another .. Football is a religion to a lot of people.. It's a selfish choice at the end of the day and Des shouldve got raelene who is a whiz at marketing and forecasting to have a look and warn des of possible fan reactions and backlash.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I say Bull Shit, poorly directed letter and seems this thread was started @ about 11am this morning, the response has been rather poor also.
I would suggest that sending a letter like that had no bearing on whether you threaten to withdraw your membership, I say that you were going to withdraw your membership anyhow and you are using our football teams performance as the excuse, you probably simply cannot afford it.
You can't win em all Guys!! and in saying that you don't withdraw your membership just because the team is not performing to your expectations week in and week out, thats when you need to hang in there and would you believe that on the day we were beaten by a very good Rugby League team who played great football.
2017 will be another year to have another go and we have the best coach to dig us out of the little hole we are in right now.
Roll on 2017, my membership will stay strong, I will never spit the dummy you may say!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I say Bull Shit, poorly directed letter
Yes he should of told them to get fucked. Instead he was polite, measured and considered in his response.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a time when all three grades were played at the one venue. The gates opened early enough for people to be seated before the first game kicked off. There was only a short break between the grades; the spectators were not expected to provide the entertainment like the puerile dancing and kissing games substituted for a game of football. We were not blasted with advertisements during the breaks, or made to sit for long periods of time while nothing was happening on the field. Add to that a team that wants to play boring, predictable football, with a win/loss ratio that makes watching them a chore; and the price of admission, food and beverages, and it's any wonder that fans turn up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.