David Fifita now not signing with Roosters

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ead Panfuhs hahaha so good to see when I saw so many fans thinking they were gonna win 10 in a row with Fifi.

So stupid from Rooter though when they have a great backrower still not re-signed. I’d take Angus over Fifi tbh. Hard as nails and a worker. The recent Bronco game, he was their best or close to it. Just tough run after tough run. Beats me why they re-signed all these forwards and then gone and signed Fifi. Reeks of sign him because they can.

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
surely one of the roosters forwards will want to leave now that fifita is joining next season
They simply can’t play all of them in first grade.

Off the top of my head their backrowers are; Tupoinuia, Radley, Crichton, Wong, Whyte, Butcher x 2 and now Fifi. 8 into say 5 positions (3 starters and 2 on bench) doesn’t work. Obviously Fifi is an upgrade on most of those though, and a couple play or can play prop I guess. They have May, Leniu and Collins in that position.
They re-signed most of those this year too. Better off buying a good prop to replace JWH tbh.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tedesco on his last legs
Manu off to Japanese Rugby
Sualii off to Rugby
Keary retiring

Roosters need more of the above and not a backrower

imo Roosters are on the decline and its obvious Fifita has gone for the $$$ and not a premiership
They are now well and truly OP in the forwards, but time will tell how their backline looks next year. Any other cap compliant club you’d say way too much value in the pack, not enough in the backs, but it’s the Rooters so…

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Wonder if we sign Gus now? Roosters already have Sitilli till 27, Wong , Butcher and now fafita….

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Roosters are fucked.. I'm sure Fifita won't get that extra 200k a year made up to him in any way.. And of course he'd rather play for less for a team that hasn't won a comp in years instead of joining the 3 time defending premiers.. The comp is so rigged..

The Roosters fuck their own players over so badly. They re-sign guys like Butcher, Wong, Whyte, May and get Leniu etc.. Tell them they're the future, promise them the world...

Then they sign 10 other forwards and those guys get no minutes or are stuck in Reserves. Hopefully this means they lose guys like Wong and Whyte etc somehow..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Free house on the beach and money.. I mean food delivered weekly with a merc in your driveway is too appealing.
Plus all the lattes you can drink every day :grinning:

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh doesn't make much sense. They need a fullback, half and centres and they go and sign another forward.

All things considered we have seen the way Penrith do things end up infinitely more successful than the way the Roosters do things

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny how roosters always get there man.

Prob another one of the cases where the player is taking under however his mum has been hired as a cleaner for uncle Nick for $500k a year. She also gets to WFH permanently…

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those critical of Fifita’s decision to sign with the Roosters and not Penrith are forgetting one small minor detail.
No one knows what the Roosters side will look like next year. They still have 3M to spend and will be offloading a couple of forwards inc Sitili Tupouniua who is on 600K.
Plus Penrith can’t keep winning every friggin year.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how roosters always get there man.

Prob another one of the cases where the player is taking under however his mum has been hired as a cleaner for uncle Nick for $500k a year. She also gets to WFH permanently…
They missed out on Dane Gagai. Boy am i devastated at that

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Those critical of Fifita’s decision to sign with the Roosters and not Penrith are forgetting one small minor detail.
No one knows what the Roosters side will look like next year. They still have 3M to spend and will be offloading a couple of forwards inc Sitili Tupouniua who is on 600K.
Even with the players leaving their team on paper is one of the strongest..

Just centre position isnt certain but they have Billy Smith whos always injured and Jennings on their books..

Sandon Smith looked very good at 5/8 when Keary was out..

Roosters are always contenders only because they recruit star players year in year out..

Last year was Dom Young & Leniu, Year before Brandon Smith etc

No club is able to recruit like them..

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People tend to have less issue with how Penrith win as opposed to the Roosters. Year in year out Politis is almost always able to immediately replace lost stars with new or better ones. The only reason it doesn’t always work out is you can’t just bundle a group of superstar players together and expect a result. Madrid learnt this the hard way as well

With the talent that Robinson has had over the past few years it’s actually quite shocking the Roosters haven’t made any Grand Finals since 2019. Seems the systems at the Storm and Panthers are showing their value.

This is in no way a huge dig. All fans would love an operator like Politis behind them and kudos to him for being able to find massive loopholes that essentially make a mockery of the salary cap. Realistically I’d rather get rid of the cap altogether and let the strong clubs dominate and the weaker clubs die off.

The Broncos of yesteryear also were full of it. Only one premiership in 2006 when their entire squad was basically the QLD SOO squad. It’s a joke

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People tend to have less issue with how Penrith win as opposed to the Roosters. Year in year out Politis is almost always able to immediately replace lost stars with new or better ones. The only reason it doesn’t always work out is you can’t just bundle a group of superstar players together and expect a result. Madrid learnt this the hard way as well

With the talent that Robinson has had over the past few years it’s actually quite shocking the Roosters haven’t made any Grand Finals since 2019. Seems the systems at the Storm and Panthers are showing their value.

This is in no way a huge dig. All fans would love an operator like Politis behind them and kudos to him for being able to find massive loopholes that essentially make a mockery of the salary cap. Realistically I’d rather get rid of the cap altogether and let the strong clubs dominate and the weaker clubs die off.

The Broncos of yesteryear also were full of it. Only one premiership in 2006 when their entire squad was basically the QLD SOO squad. It’s a joke
Agree
Trent Robinson is a myth. Take a look at the Roosters side this week. They should win by 40