David Fifita now not signing with Roosters

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well he might be waiting a bit, hope he keeps up the training.

Btw you blokes I hope have locked down Curran.....great player with good skill set and quiet achiever.
Stay away brother! Lol

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he might be waiting a bit, hope he keeps up the training.

Btw you blokes I hope have locked down Curran.....great player with good skill set and quiet achiever.
Yeah I just can't think of a club who needs him I mean Tits have Weaver coming through, Wests have Galvin and Luai.. if he had more in his arsenal it would be a different story.

I've been saying that Curran is the signing of the year.. we've had situations where players have gone down early and he has played long minutes with big efforts on both sides of the ball.. definitely has to be a priority.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have the Roosters signed him yet ffs?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
David Fifita has informed the Titans that he will be a free agent at the end of the season.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When he came to Sydney to meet the Panthers, I was thinking this screams to be a Roosters signing. Like it doesnt seem penrith like, they are a worker team, high energy, high fitness, just make every play count. So I was shocked it was reported he was coming to Sydney to meet with Penrith, I was thinking just like the cheese its seems like Roosters 1000%

But yeh, low and behold the Roosters back in the mix. I guess capspace is there this time. But if he signs for less then panthers offer then alarm bells. Wouldnt surprise me if Haas is to follow sooner rather then later, if David goes Roosters. Roosters are good until they are not, then they buy another premiership. Good on them though, would be fun if you are a fan.

If I was him i'd rather panthers though, if I was going to elevate my game to the next level. Roosters is where you go to have fun and cash in, and get punted when your form drops off. I guess Roosters is closer to Bulldogs training for his Mrs though. Less traffic going that way :p haha

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Penrith is the better choice..(besides for the obvious reasons).. like yeah, he's a typical Rooster type of signing, but they're an aging group that will experience a bit of roster movement over the next few seasons, where as the average age at Panthers is about Fifita's age, and despite what they've alrrady experienced, the group who will be there next year still have a lot of footy to play together.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters remind me a great deal of Real Madrid. Invariably they'll get a lot of success since Politis is an incredibly shrewd businessman, as much as i hate the team as a whole, i doubt anyone would complain to have an operator like Politis.

In terms of development if Fifita really wants to go to join a team, he should be joining the Panthers

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des probably couldn't convince him to stay and play Des ball until his market went down.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
how funny. I think it’s a bad choice for him (no doubt paid more outside cap to equal titans $) but more his development. Not sure why the chooks doing it either. Crichton on less was a smarter choice. They need to replace suali and manu and just signed another forward they don’t need.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
how funny. I think it’s a bad choice for him (no doubt paid more outside cap to equal titans $) but more his development. Not sure why the chooks doing it either. Crichton on less was a smarter choice. They need to replace suali and manu and just signed another forward they don’t need.
They didn’t sign him because they needed him. They signed him because they knew that it’s game over if he went to the Panthers.