David Fifita now not signing with Roosters

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It turns out having the best junior base in the known universe, doesn't Always help . . . They want compensation for development, but want to poach players too . . . Fuck them in the face !! . . . It will be magnificent when we beat them this week . . . Using the players they lowballed EAD Penrith :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Honestly they have done really well to get this far before having to go to market for an elite or higher tier player with all the talent they have lost since 2021 GF.

I got nothing against Penrith I’d just love to beat them because they are the benchmark. I’d still be happy if we make a game of it and push them all the way on Friday.

The fact people are talking about this as potentially one of the better games of the round shows how far we have come.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly they have done really well to get this far before having to go to market for an elite or higher tier player with all the talent they have lost since 2021 GF.

I got nothing against Penrith I’d just love to beat them because they are the benchmark. I’d still be happy if we make a game of it and push them all the way on Friday.

The fact people are talking about this as potentially one of the better games of the round shows how far we have come.
Shows you how far they have come Indeed, their juniors want to be paid and respected . . . If having the largest junior base on this rock is too hard for them to deal with . . .redefine the boundaries !!

Last edited:

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Brent just said on the DT Rugby League Podcast that Tino has loads of "outs" throughout his contract and if Fifita leaves he might look around and think "maybe I'll leave too".. That's who we need to go back at and ask again... Tino is the alfa dog we desperately need.. hes worth $1.1m a year

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Brent just said on the DT Rugby League Podcast that Tino has loads of "outs" throughout his contract and if Fifita leaves he might look around and think "maybe I'll leave too".. That's who we need to go back at and ask again... Tino is the alfa dog we desperately need.. hes worth $1.1m a year
Brent Read

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Deadset he will sign there without a doubt at 850k a year as he will be the best forward in the game by a galaxy I reckon there.

Deadset huge blow to titans and laughable that the panthers can do that.

I agree they losing some but edwards cleary Martin to’o tago yeo leota may are all on bloody good $

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d take either in a heart beat. Tinos on a 10 year deal. He won’t leave I don’t reckon.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True but he’d also be around half the price of Fifita’s reported salary. Helps their cap position and probably gives them other options. Assuming that’s actually what ends up happening.
Half the price? You are kidding if you think that lazy mug Schuster is signing for only 500k! Tell you what helps their cap more…let Fifita go and use the 1.2 mill to sign 2-3 forwards and then let go of one of their 8 fullbacks or whatever and sign a genuine half.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Half the price? You are kidding if you think that lazy mug Schuster is signing for only 500k! Tell you what helps their cap more…let Fifita go and use the 1.2 mill to sign 2-3 forwards and then let go of one of their 8 fullbacks or whatever and sign a genuine half.
Mate I am not going to pretend I know what the bloke is earning i’m going off a Fox News report.

Schuster will likely sign for less than the $800k he was on at Manly because he apparently got a pay out and also I don’t think anyone would be interested in him at that contract price. Just my opinion not sure what I’m supposed to be kidding about :frowning:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Be serious. Shuster will be lucky to get a deal in the nrl on 1/4 of what he was on.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And just why have Rorters been left out of this player negotiation!!!!
:grinning:
if they let Angus crighton go then they might make a play for fifita but they need a half to replace keary and some outside backs to replace manu and sualli

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
if they let Angus crighton go then they might make a play for fifita but they need a half to replace keary and some outside backs to replace manu and sualli
Pls don't say where we gonna get the money for that :grinning:

Screenshot_20240506_150119_Google.jpg

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That will be good for the comp...The most talented forward going to the 3 time defending premiers.
I wonder if he goes there for roosters money :p haha. Roosters would sign him for 300k because he is coming back from injury :p then theyll have 1.1 million cap space when he leaves to be replaced by another gun forward.

To be honest one thing panthers dont need is a big price back rower, they seem to be doing fine the last 2 years with no Kiks, but hey they might have a bigger picture in mind. Maybe have him on the opposite end to Cleary and now the Luai is going he can be there centre point of attack on the left.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That will be good for the comp...The most talented forward going to the 3 time defending premiers.
Sadly it's too common for struggling teams to lose their stars to the power clubs. I'm actually quite surprised that the Warriors didn't lose out massively after AFB was released. But I'll be shocked if Hasler will let a big name forward go easily.

As far as us throwing him a sneaky offer goes. I don't think the club is going to splash on a big name forward again for the moment. But I'd almost bet we've put feelers out about some players stuck behind monster packs. King for example has been one of our best forwards since we gave him a chance here after long term injuries. Preston has impressed people a lot. So there are gems waiting to be unearthed.

I wouldn't be sad if we wound up with a high profile aggressive prop off the market. But I'd be happy to unearth one that's been overlooked by a team spending huge on their pack as well.

Before forwards were able to demand money halves are asking for I'd be all for chasing Fifita. But I'm guessing that Ciraldo is likely to get almost as excited about someone that's dominated reserve grade for a few years and stepped up on a few occasions when elevated to the NRL amongst a higher profile pack. Only time will tell which way the club goes.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pls don't say where we gonna get the money for that :grinning:

View attachment 108556
Wallet wizards do 8k loans max. I'm sure a premier forward will sign for half that because the roosters are currently grand final favourites or some such shit. The media leads me to believe this is an undeniable truth. If they tell me the earth is flat it'll ruin my dreams of sailing around the globe.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wallet wizards do 8k loans max. I'm sure a premier forward will sign for half that because the roosters are currently grand final favourites or some such shit. The media leads me to believe this is an undeniable truth. If they tell me the earth is flat it'll ruin my dreams of sailing around the globe.
Light globe moment Alan :grinning: