David Fifita now not signing with Roosters

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait on 100% Gus said he talked to his manager. No way with Kikau/Preston unless????

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wait on 100% Gus said he talked to his manager. No way with Kikau/Preston unless????
Said it in another thread I’d be very happy with him.

Him and kikau on our edges. Preston in the middle.

Throw Curran to prop fulltime with Hughes and king.

Fifita size and edge threat with kikau is unbelievable and would be a big body to utilise for us.

Also highly doubt it.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skelton is untested, But i suppose we do have Preston and Kikau. But if he is avaliable he'd be a game changer for us.
we have two game changers no thanks. Let’s get a couple of genuine props or a halfback

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we have two game changers no thanks. Let’s get a couple of genuine props or a halfback
I don’t think we will go for him anyway and as much as I’d like him in our colours I have faith in Gus and CC.

As for HB I do think our path forward is to develop the juniors we have. O’Neill, Oloapu and Woods seem to be our future.

Definitely agreed on props though

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think we will go for him anyway and as much as I’d like him in our colours I have faith in Gus and CC.

As for HB I do think our path forward is to develop the juniors we have. O’Neill, Oloapu and Woods seem to be our future.

Definitely agreed on props though
Call me nuts but I have heard this before about juniors, and every time it's false hope. I do like O'Neil but he's a junior and Kikau isn't young I'd rather try and get a halfback for the now and contend ASAP. Olappu isn't a 7 for mine, I haven't seen enough of Woods to be honest

Props and a 7 should be the number 1 target areas

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Call me nuts but I have heard this before about juniors, and every time it's false hope.
"Every time", better tell Kiraz that, Hughes, Hayward and who knows who is next.

I do like O'Neil but he's a junior and Kikau isn't young I'd rather try and get a halfback for the now and contend ASAP. Olappu isn't a 7 for mine, I haven't seen enough of Woods to be honest
Kikau is only 29, has many years left at 2nd row. If he wants to graduate to front row then he could play for another 5 years there. JWH is 35, JBromwhich is 35, Whitehead is 34, etc.

Props and a 7 should be the number 1 target areas
As long as they fit our culture and systems. The best way for a player to fit is if they graduate through our pathways, that way we absolutely know that they fit.

Always a Bulldog

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why haven't Panthers shown interest in Pangai JNR? They give him credit for going after NAS in the preliminary which knocked out Melbourne and led to the first of the 3 peat.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If I were Panthers I'd throw everything at him and move Martin to FRF.
8. Leota
10. Martin
11. Fifita
12. Sorrenson
13. Yeo

15. Smith
16. Henry
17. Geyer

They are still easily dominating with that pack.
Sorensen is a better middle than edge forward.

01. Dylan Edwards
02. Taylan May
03. Izack Tago
04. Paul Alamoti
05. Brian To’o
06. Brad Schneider/Jack Cole
07. Nathan Cleary
08. Moses Leota
09. Mitch Kenny
10. Lindsay Smith
11. David Fifita
12. Liam Martin
13. Isaah Yeo

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Mavrik Geyer
16. Scott Sorensen
17. Liam Henry

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sorensen is a better middle than edge forward.

01. Dylan Edwards
02. Taylan May
03. Izack Tago
04. Paul Alamoti
05. Brian To’o
06. Brad Schneider/Jack Cole
07. Nathan Cleary
08. Moses Leota
09. Mitch Kenny
10. Lindsay Smith
11. David Fifita
12. Liam Martin
13. Isaah Yeo

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Mavrik Geyer
16. Scott Sorensen
17. Liam Henry
Arguably yes. But Sorrenson very underrated on the left edge and Martin offers that intimidation and hard edge in the middle that they lose with JFH.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Arguably yes. But Sorrenson very underrated on the left edge and Martin offers that intimidation and hard edge in the middle that they lose with JFH.
Smith will start 100% when JFH Leaves.