Cooper Cronk to make a call on his NRL future within a fortnight, says manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
October 10, 2017 5:55pm

COOPER Cronk is expected to let his manager know within the next fortnight whether he will continue playing next season.

NRL clubs continue to vigorously pursue Cronk although the Australian World Cup halfback still hasn’t declared his plans for 2018.

Until Cronk has reached a decision, there is a reluctance from his management company to heavily chase offers.

The Sydney Roosters rumour refuses to subside but no formal contact between the club and player has yet taken place.

Clubs will fly into a frenzy if Cronk declares himself available for 2018. He will be demanding $1m a season.

It was thought Cronk would make his decision post World Cup. Now it appears likely though he will decide whether to play on before the tournament.

Cronk’s manager George Mimis was reluctant to comment, only saying: “We have no new progress at this stage regarding Cooper’s future intent.

“He is considering his options and hopefully we’ll have more to convey soon.”

Roosters CEO Joe Kelly did not return calls on Tuesday.

Several clubs have expressed curiosity at how Cronk could be squeezed into a club’s salary cap so late in the year.

$1000,000 a season! Who’s the accountant that works at the Roosters??? Is it..... Todd Greenberg! UNBELIEVABLE!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roosters rumour is an absolute joke. Even if they were to let go of pearce who just re signed i doubt another club would pay his full salary which creates even less room for the roosters to squeeze cronk in. The warriors being able to afford pearce is just as ridiculous. Yeah they've let go of foran but he was on no where near what his market value was. Either signing just makes a mockery of what the cap was designed for.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The roosters rumour is an absolute joke. Even if they were to let go of pearce who just re signed i doubt another club would pay his full salary which creates even less room for the roosters to squeeze cronk in. The warriors being able to afford pearce is just as ridiculous. Yeah they've let go of foran but he was on no where near what his market value was. Either signing just makes a mockery of what the cap was designed for.

Apparently, the Warriors have lined up Pearce with a TPA (NZ Wool Company) that he is finding too hard to refuse....

images (81).jpg

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is fast becoming something out of a Days of our live script .Cooper in the words of Nike , " Just do it"

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I know it's the media making this worse but really getting over this whole Cooper Cronk wank fest now. Just fukin decide mate so everyone can get back to not giving a fuk.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know it's the media making this worse but really getting over this whole Cooper Cronk wank fest now. Just fukin decide mate so everyone can get back to not giving a fuk.
I hear ya. The bloke has had plenty of time to figure out what the hell he wants to do. With all the talk going on you think he'd just come out and say either he is retired so everyone can forget about it or say yes i am playing next season so everyone knows instead of having to double guess what's happening. To be honest i'm sick of hearing his name.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Deno works on developing our own up and coming talent and forget about buying old proven stars which has failed us big time lately. Would rather wait a few years for Premiership than buy one anyway.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya. The bloke has had plenty of time to figure out what the hell he wants to do. With all the talk going on you think he'd just come out and say either he is retired so everyone can forget about it or say yes i am playing next season so everyone knows instead of having to double guess what's happening. To be honest i'm sick of hearing his name.
He's surely made a decision and just loves the media speculation or something. He's smart enough to know that clubs aren't just gonna have a spare 1m available this late in the year just hoping he plays on

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's surely made a decision and just loves the media speculation or something. He's smart enough to know that clubs aren't just gonna have a spare 1m available this late in the year just hoping he plays on
It's prob his going away present for the Storm, just leave everyone hanging and the ones who are serious will not spend all their cap hoping to snare him then at the 11th hour announce you retirement and your opp has a gap in their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.