Canterbury hooker Michael Lichaa is on the verge of signing a new deal with the Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust your own eyes and make your own assessment!
Nominate just 1 game that our forwards physically punished & dominated their opposition this year-
I went to several training sessions at Belmore this season & they trained as they played. Defence:-
No intensity & lack of attitude, poor line speed,very poor contact/collision very little aggression in tackles.
I spoke regularly to players from several NRL clubs during the year:-Nobody feared playing against the Dogs this season....

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty good news, they gotta try and work something out, give him a 100 then 300 in 19, better than lawn mowing.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Trust your own eyes and make your own assessment!
Nominate just 1 game that our forwards physically punished & dominated their opposition this year-
I went to several training sessions at Belmore this season & they trained as they played. Defence:-
No intensity & lack of attitude, poor line speed,very poor contact/collision very little aggression in tackles.
Nobody feared playing against the Dogs this season....
Well defensively for the first half of the season we were in the top 2 or 3 if I recollect and that was even with the blowout we had early on. Sure the intensity fell off at the back end when all the contract stuff was happening but if international players tell you that they hate playing us then sorry, I'll take their word for it. It's not about whether they fear us in terms of winning, it's about how they wake up the next day and despite some of the problems we had, Klemm, Jammer, Eastwood, JJ, Lichaa and even a couple of the young forwards hit pretty hard. Even lardarse Kas in his first 5 min spell put a bit of effort in.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well defensively for the first half of the season we were in the top 2 or 3 if I recollect and that was even with the blowout we had early on. Sure the intensity fell off at the back end when all the contract stuff was happening but if international players tell you that they hate playing us then sorry, I'll take their word for it. It's not about whether they fear us in terms of winning, it's about how they wake up the next day and despite some of the problems we had, Klemm, Jammer, Eastwood, JJ, Lichaa and even a couple of the young forwards hit pretty hard. Even lardarse Kas in his first 5 min spell put a bit of effort in.
The bottom line is that we were out scored in most games this year - we played 24 games & in 14 of those our defence was poorer than our opposition’s. There are no prizes for having 2nd or 3rd best defence at the halfway mark. Even more damning is our game average defence leaked 19pts & on 14 of those occasions we were not good enough to defend better than our opposition (our average 15pts per game)Nobody feared the Dogs this year because we never really put sides to the sword. As far as stinging defence apart from JJ, RFM,Fualolo & Tualau nobody was effective very poor contact /collision; re defensive sets very few sets where 4-5 tackles were dominant .Jammer was plagued with neck injuries was disappointing with little intensity & Klemm having to play as roving 13 made it hard for him to be at his aggressive best alla State of Origin. Eastwood & Kas not worth mentioning astonishing that they were even in the 17-embarrassing all season.
On 4 occasions we had 30 or more points scored in a game & on 2 occasions we were held to nil 0.
So from an International player to international players told you they hate playing us. Well the Roosters, Sharks, Rabbitohs , Panthers & even the Tigers players held no fear playing us this year- the only reason they woke up sore after playing us was from celebrating.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The bottom line is that we were out scored in most games this year - we played 24 games & in 14 of those our defence was poorer than our opposition’s. There are no prizes for having 2nd or 3rd best defence at the halfway mark. Even more damning is our game average defence leaked 19pts & on 14 of those occasions we were not good enough to defend better than our opposition (our average 15pts per game)Nobody feared the Dogs this year because we never really put sides to the sword. As far as stinging defence apart from JJ, RFM,Fualolo & Tualau nobody was effective very poor contact /collision; re defensive sets very few sets where 4-5 tackles were dominant .Jammer was plagued with neck injuries was disappointing with little intensity & Klemm having to play as roving 13 made it hard for him to be at his aggressive best alla State of Origin. Eastwood & Kas not worth mentioning astonishing that they were even in the 17-embarrassing all season.
On 4 occasions we had 30 or more points scored in a game & on 2 occasions we were held to nil 0.
So from an International player to international players told you they hate playing us. Well the Roosters, Sharks, Rabbitohs , Panthers & even the Tigers players held no fear playing us this year- the only reason they woke up sore after playing us was from celebrating.
...and what does all this have to do with Lichaa re-signing with the club?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and what does all this have to do with Lichaa re-signing with the club?
If you read the full dialogue I was defending Lichaa, demonstrating & highlighting our inept structures, ineffective forwards & Lichaa’s role & workload under Hasler for his perceived poor performances.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's been nearly 2 weeks, has he put pen to paper yet?
Yeh i was thinking fk, its a long verge. Its tomorrow. IMMINENT.

You would think at the latest it would happen before pre season training starts in November. They will want him to start that if hes staying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.