Canterbury hooker Michael Lichaa is on the verge of signing a new deal with the Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May I suggest you spend time with an NRL side & let alone one as structured as the Hasler regime before criticising the kid! Just watch him for sharks u20s, nsw cup, NSWU20s or junior kangaroos before making comment
Mate my point is while he still has some areas in his game to improve he is better off focusing on that than bitching to the media and blaming others. Got nothing to do with his potentials.
If ppl have to spend time with an nrl side before making comments, therell be nothing in this forum. Lol.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would appear that the problem Lichaa had is also happening with a lot of the younger brigade.
Some players like Keighran, Woolford, Cleeland, Lewis, and others would improve immensely if just given a chance. I think that chance might be about to happen.
I think players like Holland and Stanley wont be seen again.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would appear that the problem Lichaa had is also happening with a lot of the younger brigade.
Some players like Keighran, Woolford, Cleeland, Lewis, and others would improve immensely if just given a chance. I think that chance might be about to happen.
I think players like Holland and Stanley wont be seen again.
Stanley puts in good consistant efforts everytime he plays.. as long as he keeps fighting for those inchs Pay will love him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
100% we're going to watch games next year and be suprised at what some of our players can actually do. Des should be sent to fucking prison.
I won't be surprised, that has been one of the biggest sources of frustration for me.....watching a team of players being coached to not use their strengths that I know they had. Problem is that some of them are past it now in some respects. I firmly believe we had a team to win a GF and missed a window. They only come around every decade if your lucky, Des blew one!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate my point is while he still has some areas in his game to improve he is better off focusing on that than bitching to the media and blaming others. Got nothing to do with his potentials.
If ppl have to spend time with an nrl side before making comments, therell be nothing in this forum. Lol.

To be fair in 3 years did he ever whinge and blame the coach when fans were giving it to him?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope for the best with him being re-signed. But he's definitely got some flaws that can't be described as minor ones. Given that he was supposed to play a style for three years and was unable to adapt his game to look good on even rare occasions with that style makes me wonder if he'll just become one dimensional in another way. There are times when running will work, but we had a seriously strong & aggressive pack when he took over and they started playing flat footed and allowed defenses to rush them. And it remains to be seen if he can pass to a half if they're not directly beside him. It really irks me that he's brushed off his lack of being able to adapt to a game plan as well. Good players become great because they are able to adapt and grow their skills. Lichaa hasn't done that and he's brushed it off as someone elses fault.
When we’re we ever aggressive and or strong over the last 2 seasons? Our forwards & halves have been the laughing stock of the NRL- so predictable asking very little from opponents particularly the back end of 2015 & the entire 2016 season bar the final 3rounds.
Fit aggressive forwards getting quick play the balls; “halves “ that can ball play forwards hitting the line sprinting off the back fence & Lichaa will deliver what you want.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When we’re we ever aggressive and or strong over the last 2 seasons? Our forwards & halves have been the laughing stock of the NRL- so predictable asking very little from opponents particularly the back end of 2015 & the entire 2016 season bar the final 3rounds.
Fit aggressive forwards getting quick play the balls; “halves “ that can ball play forwards hitting the line sprinting off the back fence & Lichaa will deliver what you want.
The entire system Des implemented was totally fucked, nobody done their job but at the same time nobody really got the chance to do the right job.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the most important thing is that lichaa is a nice guy because we wouldnt be able to sell nick kyrgios jerseys

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a ridiculous statement besides Cam Smith, Slater & a handful of others every single player can improve every aspect of their game! Stop criticising the kid & focus on what he did in his last 3 games & what he’ll bring under Pay - who coached him (with success) in the NSW U20s several years ago incidentally

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate it wasn't 3 good games in 3 years fricken hell your a hard judge. He hardly played a bad game to be hoNest.
Yes , maybe I was a bit harsh. But where would you peg him amongst the other starting hookers?

Cam smith
Peats
Friend
McCullough
Wallace
Koroisau
Granville
Braily
Levi
Cook
Luke
Lichaa
K Pritchard
Cam King
Farrah

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes , maybe I was a bit harsh. But where would you peg him amongst the other starting hookers?

Cam smith. Below
Peats. Below before origin
Friend. Below
McCullough.below
Wallace below
Koroisau above
Granville below
Braily above
Levi above
Cook above
Luke above
Lichaa
K Pritcharda above
Cam King above
Farrah
So what's the point?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He still can't pass worth a shit. Well I should say he doesn't have a good long pass from the ground. The halves will have to stand that little bit closer because his pass from the ground is turd nuggets. He also takes this big step backwards when passing long.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The entire system Des implemented was totally fucked, nobody done their job but at the same time nobody really got the chance to do the right job.
True. But was there actually a system under Des? I couldn't see one. It looked more like throw and hope than Rugby League. Tolman loitering in the ruck was the only consistent strategy.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Cam smith
Peats
Friend
McCullough
Wallace
Koroisau
Granville
Braily
Levi
Cook
Luke
Lichaa
K Pritchard
Cam King
Farrah
Repost this in 12 months. Might be a different story. Sure he needs to back up his last 3 games next year to move up the list. We are hoping he finally reaches the potential he had in the juniors next year under a coach who coached him in the juniors in origin. Cross everything.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cam smith
Peats
Friend
McCullough
Wallace
Koroisau
Granville
Braily
Levi
Cook
Luke
Lichaa
K Pritchard
Cam King
Farrah
Attack is just one aspect of the hooker. When you’re forced to make 40+ tackles per game because your forwards are unfit, cannot move laterally & not very mobile,it’s Lichaa that makes the tackles -an aspect very few of us notice. So to compare Lichaa with the other NRL hookers Smith, Friend,McCulloch, Granville &Peats in front of him right now

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure we haven't played well but a good mate of mine is the brother of a current Kangaroo and is also mates with a number of others. He told me the other day that the teams hate playing 2 teams above all others and that is the Warriors and the Dogs because the next day they wake up black and blue. Sure our game hasn't been great but they still have plenty of toughness about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.