Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
THE Bulldogs have confirmed the addition of six new pups to their kennel in a significant boost to the club after the scrutiny of the past month.

Zac Woolford, the son of former Canberra skipper Simon Woolford, has signed a two-year deal at Canterbury.

The 20-year-old hooker heads up a recruitment drive that includes former Raiders teammate Brenko Lee, Cronulla five-eighth Josh Cleeland, Melbourne prop Francis Tualau, Townsville Blackhawks back-rower Rhyse Martin and St George Illawarra outside back Tom Carr.

Queanbeyan Blues junior Woolford represented the NSW under-20s side that beat Queensland and was nominated for the Dally M Holden Cup player of the year award after scoring 144 points in 2016.

Lee also signed a two-year deal with Canterbury after six seasons with the Raiders.

The 21-year-old winger is best known for a four-try effort against Parramatta in round 24 and will add depth to Canterbury’s outside backs following the departures of Sam Perrett and Curtis Rona.

“Stability and experience are always important in a roster and we have recruited to bring some youth, like Brenko Lee and Zac Woolford, whose early potential will flourish in the Bulldogs environment,” Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle said.

The young recruits will add spark to a club which recently re-signed Moses Mbye, Greg Eastwood, David Klemmer and Josh Jackson long-term.

That forward pack will be further bolstered by the signing of Storm prop Tualau on a three-year deal.

Second-rower Martin, the former Sydney Roosters under-20s captain, will join the Bulldogs until 2018.

The 23-year-old has represented the Papua New Guinea Kumuls and comes off a two-year stint in Townsville.

Cleeland will arrive at Belmore from Cronulla having previously helped Ipswich Jets win the 2015 Queensland Cup.

Outside back Carr joins the Bulldogs on a two-year deal after being part of the Dragons’ squad this year.

Canterbury players will start filtering back into the club’s off-season training programs from early next month.

Originally published as Bulldogs roll out six new signings

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
TL;DR

Brenko Lee, Zac Woolford, Rhyse Martin, Josh Cleeland, Francis Tualau and Tom Carr.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We also have 9 players promoted from NYC in 2017.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You people are seriously hard to impress, 6 signings wow.... Good work des, now I know why the board kept him! Any of these signings good???

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tom Carr is an interesting signing I know his brother so I kept an eye of him when he started playing Holden Cup and he can find his way to the try line and had decent pace he isn't the biggest body though. He has potential.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so someone please tell me why these new recruits are going to be any different from other duds we have recruited over the last 4 years.

if there is a hidden gem in these new recruits , tell me one reason why his performance will go up another level under des.

Jack Jones

Waterboy
Reaction score
I wonder with the signing of Tom Carr, who is being let go?

NRL Backline:

1 Will Hopoate, 2 Brett Morris, 3 Josh Morris, 4 Kerrod Holland, 5 Brenko Lee

ISP Backline:

1 Brad Abbey, 2 Tom Carr, 3 Reimis Smith, 4 Richard Kennar, 5 Tyrone Phillips

You then have Josh Bergamin, Jerry Leasi Marcelo Montoya, Reuben Rennie, Chase Stanley.

And Lachlan Lewis will also be NRL/ISP which means Josh Cleeland, Brendan Cox, Matt Frawley, Bronson Garlick, Brad Keighran Lachlan Lewis, Harry Siejka are all play makers vying for two ISP positions which means surely atleast two are released.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who are the 9 HC players promoted @Mitch Connor ?
Was in the Lachlan Lewis article today.

Montoya and Lewis confirmed.

I dare say Keighran, Maroske, Miller, Strickland, Okunbor, Smith and maybe Bergamin would be the others?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wonder with the signing of Tom Carr, who is being let go?

NRL Backline:

1 Will Hopoate, 2 Brett Morris, 3 Josh Morris, 4 Kerrod Holland, 5 Brenko Lee

ISP Backline:

1 Brad Abbey, 2 Tom Carr, 3 Reimis Smith, 4 Richard Kennar, 5 Tyrone Phillips

You then have Josh Bergamin, Jerry Leasi Marcelo Montoya, Reuben Rennie, Chase Stanley.

And Lachlan Lewis will also be NRL/ISP which means Josh Cleeland, Brendan Cox, Matt Frawley, Bronson Garlick, Brad Keighran Lachlan Lewis, Harry Siejka are all play makers vying for two ISP positions which means surely atleast two are released.
Kennar is yet to be confirmed by anyone other than Nathan Ryan. I believe Garlick and Siejka have been flicked and Bead Keighran left to play park footy for Wyong early this year. Cox is in RMC and is most likely not on a Bulldogs contract.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
just to put things in perspective, when we had just won the spoon and we had NO COACH, we signed following players

1- Michael ennis
2- Frank Pritchard
3- Aiden tolman
4- Brett Kimmorley
5- David Stagg
6- Greg Eastwood (who joined us mid way through the season)

this club was more attractive for top class players when had no coach and we were at the bottom of the table.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
just to put things in perspective, when we had just won the spoon and we had NO COACH, we signed following players

1- Michael ennis
2- Frank Pritchard
3- Aiden tolman
4- Brett Kimmorley
5- David Stagg
6- Greg Eastwood (who joined us mid way through the season)

this club was more attractive for top class players when had no coach and we were at the bottom of the table.
And now we can't attract anyone with a name.
Thanks des thanks for the memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.