Bulldogs players costing Hasler his Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All Hasler's fault. He put us in this position so he deserves what he gets.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BS article - if Des convinced the players to stick together to try and get a premiership by back-ending their contracts, then that's on him because he's made the commitment to them to sacrifice in the short term for the sake of glory.

It didn't come and now the players are due their pay day. Can't blame them for wanting to stick it out...and what's worse, if this is going to be Des' usual plan B, ie promise them big pay days in their last year and hope for premierships so that you can try and offload/sell them in that last year, well, you need to at least get them to play attractive football, or football that makes them look attractive to the market. These shitty structures he's got in place now make everyone look like rubbish.

And where are we now? Trying to sell players no-one wants or are holding us to ransom. Maybe if he was less stubborn or arrogant, then the players might actually want to play for you and lift their game. But he's clearly lost the dressing room

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just get rid of fkn Graham

Salary cap issue solved

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it's been pretty obvious for a while now that Hasler was never meant to be here this long. He was supposed to be gone after winning a premiership or two and leave the mess of backended contracts for the next coach to clean up. The problem is dib/castle got excited and kept throwing money his way because we nearly got one, so why would he leave? I don't think anyone high up in the club except for Mortimer and lamb, you know the true bulldogs, and probably a couple of others saw the backlash from the fans coming.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...job-nrl-canterbury/1uc6kahj633dm1a2nppj3l3xv1

Aug. 12, 2017

Canterbury’s high-priced players will dig their heels in and hold out for their money in 2018 – and it will cost Des Hasler his job.

MORE: Ask the Lurker Extra - Will Hayne actually leave theTitans? | Benji Marshall goes back to the Tigers

That’s the view of one of Hasler’s closest allies Peter Peters, who can see no way out for the two-time premiership winner.

“He’s one of my best mates on the planet but I can’t see how he’s going to survive,” the Sporting News Australia league expert told Sky Sports Radio.

“I fear for my old mate. They’re (the team) not giving him anything and he’s not getting much out of the players.

“It’s not good, it’s a tough time and they look like they’re counting the days until the end.”

But Zorba predicts even tougher times ahead for the Dogs, who must shed a host of players to get under the salary cap for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
Back-ended deals, which Hasler was a fan of at Manly, means a number of players are set for big paydays in 2018 and may not want to leave.

And the NRL won’t register the contracts of big-name purchases Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods until Canterbury are cap compliant.

“I hear the players are going to sit on their digs and demand their money and won’t go, and you can’t blame them,” Zorba said.

“Some of the players are on back-ended deals and this is exactly what Manly’s coming out of now.”

The Dogs are headed into wooden spoon territory after losing 10 of their past 12 games.

So it seems we have been right all along . Players just as bad as Hasler .. man just fix our team back to winners not fucking plodders!
Ridiculous article. Zorba makes no mention that Manlys problems were caused by Des.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If that November deadline is true and the club needs to wait for that to get rid of Hasler cheaper than they should tell Woods now on the quiet and give him the opportunity to backflip. That alone should almost get us back under the cap. We ride out 2018 with this current crop of useless shites, Foran and a new coach....then cut some wholesale deadwood for 2019 and that should have us with a massive amount of cash available for 2019. The Board gets sacked in April and if the stuff DT mentioned in the other thread is true than alot of front office staff gets the sack and we get back to our roots. Back to basics, build again and ban the word Hasler and Dib.
I hear ya. Well said.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly reckon Des wil be given next year with Andrew Hill (or Hall?) as new CEO.

If Des fails to perform, Andrew will sack him.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly reckon Des wil be given next year with Andrew Hill (or Hall?) as new CEO.

If Des fails to perform, Andrew will sack him.
Or maybe hill re signs him for a further 2 years ??

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dont forget the souths under 20 coach from last year lost all games so we bring him into the box with des this year wtf?????

Status
Not open for further replies.