Bulldogs players costing Hasler his Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...job-nrl-canterbury/1uc6kahj633dm1a2nppj3l3xv1

Aug. 12, 2017

Canterbury’s high-priced players will dig their heels in and hold out for their money in 2018 – and it will cost Des Hasler his job.

MORE: Ask the Lurker Extra - Will Hayne actually leave theTitans? | Benji Marshall goes back to the Tigers

That’s the view of one of Hasler’s closest allies Peter Peters, who can see no way out for the two-time premiership winner.

“He’s one of my best mates on the planet but I can’t see how he’s going to survive,” the Sporting News Australia league expert told Sky Sports Radio.

“I fear for my old mate. They’re (the team) not giving him anything and he’s not getting much out of the players.

“It’s not good, it’s a tough time and they look like they’re counting the days until the end.”

But Zorba predicts even tougher times ahead for the Dogs, who must shed a host of players to get under the salary cap for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
Back-ended deals, which Hasler was a fan of at Manly, means a number of players are set for big paydays in 2018 and may not want to leave.

And the NRL won’t register the contracts of big-name purchases Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods until Canterbury are cap compliant.

“I hear the players are going to sit on their digs and demand their money and won’t go, and you can’t blame them,” Zorba said.

“Some of the players are on back-ended deals and this is exactly what Manly’s coming out of now.”

The Dogs are headed into wooden spoon territory after losing 10 of their past 12 games.

So it seems we have been right all along . Players just as bad as Hasler .. man just fix our team back to winners not fucking plodders!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Getting rid of Des is going to make a bigger difference than woods and foran would make if Des stays. So happy to forgo getting them and prefer Des goes. I dont care if we sign nobody if Des goes.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If that November deadline is true and the club needs to wait for that to get rid of Hasler cheaper than they should tell Woods now on the quiet and give him the opportunity to backflip. That alone should almost get us back under the cap. We ride out 2018 with this current crop of useless shites, Foran and a new coach....then cut some wholesale deadwood for 2019 and that should have us with a massive amount of cash available for 2019. The Board gets sacked in April and if the stuff DT mentioned in the other thread is true than alot of front office staff gets the sack and we get back to our roots. Back to basics, build again and ban the word Hasler and Dib.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what happens to woods and Foran if we're not cap compliant? Surely the teams they came from don't have to take then back?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What else is Des' fuck buddy Zorba supposed to say? That he's a horrible coach and he's lucky to be getting paid to run a club into the ground?

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Getting rid of Des is going to make a bigger difference than woods and foran would make if Des stays. So happy to forgo getting them and prefer Des goes. I dont care if we sign nobody if Des goes.
This is how I'm feeling now. The nrl not registering the contracts is the easiest way out of this mess. Sack des and give the new coach 2018 with the players at the club. If he wants to keep any then fine but with the amount coming off contract next year he would practically have a clean slate to work with and could create his own team.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that November deadline is true and the club needs to wait for that to get rid of Hasler cheaper than they should tell Woods now on the quiet and give him the opportunity to backflip. That alone should almost get us back under the cap. We ride out 2018 with this current crop of useless shites, Foran and a new coach....then cut some wholesale deadwood for 2019 and that should have us with a massive amount of cash available for 2019. The Board gets sacked in April and if the stuff DT mentioned in the other thread is true than alot of front office staff gets the sack and we get back to our roots. Back to basics, build again and ban the word Hasler and Dib.
I feel your take is an acceptable and realistic solution.
Next year will also be what this year was. Hopefully we get a good rookie coach who can restore some repoir across the junior community. We need to be a club again where player managers are chasing us for their clients.
Currently some good players under 200k are in our system already. The lower grade players are also screaming.
And there's a tonne of well priced solid and talented nrl rookies who I'm sure can find a home in our club.
We need to make this the club to be at again.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The most shocking thing to come about in the last 12-18 months is just how many mates this fraud has in the media and in footy circles. Des is a lunatic but people who defend him e.g. Kent are even crazier or just love-struck.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most shocking thing to come about in the last 12-18 months is just how many mates this fraud has in the media and in footy circles. Des is a lunatic but people who defend him e.g. Kent are even crazier or just love-struck.
Please lets not ignore the truth because it might sound cynical, **** and a few others in the media have so much hatred for our club that they talk up Des because the longer he remains coach the greater the harm he will do.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is no way in the fucking world I would hold players responsible for the predicament we are now in.

Every player and their management approach conversations separately, and looking for the best deal they can get. Players don't have an understanding of what their cap space is, management does.

And it is for this reason alone that management have FAILED us. Sure the players aren't living up to those price tags... but can't we argue the same for Des?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If players are costing Des his job, FFS Des is costing me my sanity!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...job-nrl-canterbury/1uc6kahj633dm1a2nppj3l3xv1

Aug. 12, 2017

Canterbury’s high-priced players will dig their heels in and hold out for their money in 2018 – and it will cost Des Hasler his job.

MORE: Ask the Lurker Extra - Will Hayne actually leave theTitans? | Benji Marshall goes back to the Tigers

That’s the view of one of Hasler’s closest allies Peter Peters, who can see no way out for the two-time premiership winner.

“He’s one of my best mates on the planet but I can’t see how he’s going to survive,” the Sporting News Australia league expert told Sky Sports Radio.
Revenge of the Nerd ?
Could it be ?
Just Take a close look at the increased chaos since the club gave Haslers Puppets (his Manly staff) their marching orders.
Will he be next ?

“I fear for my old mate. They’re (the team) not giving him anything and he’s not getting much out of the players.

“It’s not good, it’s a tough time and they look like they’re counting the days until the end.”

But Zorba predicts even tougher times ahead for the Dogs, who must shed a host of players to get under the salary cap for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
Back-ended deals, which Hasler was a fan of at Manly, means a number of players are set for big paydays in 2018 and may not want to leave.

And the NRL won’t register the contracts of big-name purchases Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods until Canterbury are cap compliant.

“I hear the players are going to sit on their digs and demand their money and won’t go, and you can’t blame them,” Zorba said.

“Some of the players are on back-ended deals and this is exactly what Manly’s coming out of now.”

The Dogs are headed into wooden spoon territory after losing 10 of their past 12 games.

So it seems we have been right all along . Players just as bad as Hasler .. man just fix our team back to winners not fucking plodders!

Aug. 12, 2017

ADVERTISEMENT

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Revenge of the NERD....?
Could it be ?
Just take a close look at the increased chaos since the club gave Hasler's Puppets (his Manly's staff) their marching orders.
Will he be next ?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As it stands right now we have only three options:

1) Convince other clubs to sign some of our players. We'll still have to pay part of their wages

2) Convince Woods and Foran to back out of their deals. We still may be over the cap

3) Change nothing, pay Foran and Woods to sit at home and watch the Dogs play on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.