Bulldogs ISP team have a good win against North Sydney Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We managed to beat them 32-14 and jumped them on the ladder. Good to see a bulldogs team winning a game, and we are now 5th on the ladder with a bye in hand.
Seems we have at least one bulldogs team that know how to score points. Well done boys!!!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We managed to beat them 32-14 and jumped them on the ladder. Good to see a bulldogs team winning a game, and we are now 5th on the ladder with a bye in hand.
Seems we have at least one bulldogs team that know how to score points. Well done boys!!!
Thanks for your post flamebouyant. Its good to see the ISP side get a good review when they do well.

For some reason it is the ISP side that seems to be the unwanted part of our set up. Which is strange because its the Holden Cup and NRL sides that get belted most times they go out to make fools of themselves.

I got this bit from the Bulldogs website write up: "Richie Kennar put the icing on the cake for the Bulldogs with a 70 metre try and stretching the score to 32-8".

From that the Bears are real slow or Richie is pretty quick. Could he be knocking on the door for a spot in first grade?

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's a few blokes in that team that should be given a run in the top grade.. but we know it's not going to happen under Des. He rarely drops players and equally rarely promotes them.

Any other team sends out the "wake up call" and drops a quarter of the squad for consistently poor performances but we will see all the usual suspects again next week and thereafter...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All players particularly reserve grade players dream of making it to the NRL and beyond, and for a long time the whole ISP team new that under Des they virtually no hope of promotion and subsequently played without heart, now hopefully they might see a lite at the end of the tunnel knowing that Des is on the nose with at least many of the fans. Overall we may have a better squad at the club than we think.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Richie Richie and Richie. I was so excited when the dogs signed this guy, but he is yet to play first grade. He is actually really quick. The day he plays first grade the cows will come home. Cleeland also needs to play first grade. He is a very agile number 6 and also quick on his feet.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des just needs to fuck right off and get someone like a bellamy or bennett that makes tough calls

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think its all Hasler, the players went into bat for him then they didn't deliver, our our rookies the shining light?

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone on here been to many games? Would be interested to get the real low down on the development of Rhyse Martin, To'omaga...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here been to many games? Would be interested to get the real low down on the development of Rhyse Martin, To'omaga...
I go to most of them and they have completely ruined To'omaga's progress by playing him at prop. He actually got graded at centre so he has really good pace but he's just too small to play in the middle. I have no idea why they are playing him there.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I go to most of them and they have completely ruined To'omaga's progress by playing him at prop. He actually got graded at centre so he has really good pace but he's just too small to play in the middle. I have no idea why they are playing him there.
Probably want to toughen him up to play him inthe backrow in first grade. I don't like that strategy though. Play them in the position you want to use them at NRL level so they can get use to defending there.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news.
Richie kennar favours left side if im not mistaken. If he makes it to first grade, probably have to play out of position

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They should sell the ISP jersies to the public, better than the first grade jersey.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers mate. Between they both seem to pop up frequently on the score board and get positive comments in the match reports. All desball comments aside, do you think either will get a start this year?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheers mate. Between they both seem to pop up frequently on the score board and get positive comments in the match reports. All desball comments aside, do you think either will get a start this year?
I really don't know mate by far the best player in Lewis since his return from injury I'd love to see him get a chance before the end of the year.

Cleeland has also looked much better since playing with Lewis.

Woolford has looked better as the season goes on but Garvey has been limiting his minutes.

Saunders, Martin and Griffin are good NSW Cup standard players and I'm not sure if they can go another level.

I'd say Lewis and To'omaga would be the ones the club has earmarked as long term first graders.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't know mate by far the best player in Lewis since his return from injury I'd love to see him get a chance before the end of the year.

Cleeland has also looked much better since playing with Lewis.

Woolford has looked better as the season goes on but Garvey has been limiting his minutes.

Saunders, Martin and Griffin are good NSW Cup standard players and I'm not sure if they can go another level.

I'd say Lewis and To'omaga would be the ones the club has earmarked as long term first graders.
Legend. Thanks for the report....

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Brenko only played half the game yesterday, didn't look injured at full time so not sure what was going on there.

Probably should have won by more - dominant performance from the Dogs and the pack in particular.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brenko only played half the game yesterday, didn't look injured at full time so not sure what was going on there.

Probably should have won by more - dominant performance from the Dogs and the pack in particular.
Hmmm that's interesting they usually pull players from NSW Cup early if they are playing NRL the next weekend to avoid injuries.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Frawley didn't play despite being there in the crowd. Young Woolford didn't play either - must have been injured.

George Burgess had a run for the Bears - was gassed after playing the whole 1st half.

Status
Not open for further replies.