Brown Looked Strong for Sharks Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well maybe just take a lot of forum.comments with a pinch of salt.

I agree the relentless negatively is bullshit, sack Des, sack Dib, sack Castle etc etc. And the player recruitment & retention OMG

Perfect example this year everyone is loving Elliott and the club has to signing him up but of course they will fuck it up and we will lose him!! Also non-stop advice to Des how to play him, more minutes and not on the bench etc etc.

Yet it was only last season when he was dopping some balls, Des was a fuckwitt for playing this guy, he is hopeless, Des is an even bigger fuckwitt for letting Shaun Lane leave etc etc.

And so It goes on and on like this.

Pinch of salt mate, pinch of salt.
I don't have room in my house for that much salt :D

I just get a bit sad knowing that other fans would be laughing at our level of dissatisfaction with the team. I know if I was a player at the club and knew how much crap was being thrown with every performance be it a win that wasn't good enough or for a loss I'd probably take a fuck you all attitude towards the fans and just do enough to earn my wage. Loyalty is a double edged sword. My opinion is that if we don't care show much support for our team they're going to give less on the field to please us. I've taken that attitude towards a grew jobs where management just pile on criticism regardless of what workers do. I can't imagine football players are much different in the way they respond to criticism. I'm sure there are players like Reynolds who use it as a spot to do better, but maybe others like Kasiano or Eastwood have decided to just play for wages rather than to impress our fan base.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only issue i have with brown playing hooker is it may mean mbye stays at 7. Omfg no.
He may really benefit from having opposition teams focus on Foran as the chief play maker. I think he could improve quite a lot with a couple of subtle changes to how he plays. He's got the footwork to be dangerous. If he learned to hold up his passes more and draw defenders before passing he'd create more space for the backs. I know that his mindset right now is to just play hot potato football which means the defense knows they can probably ignore him to a large extent because he's likely to just spread the ball with most touches. Ben Roberts was good with this aspect of his game and while he was often tackled with the ball, Mbye seems to rarely get tackled. It's a pretty small thing to change in his game and I hope he learns that it can benefit him and the team to do so.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He may really benefit from having opposition teams focus on Foran as the chief play maker. I think he could improve quite a lot with a couple of subtle changes to how he plays. He's got the footwork to be dangerous. If he learned to hold up his passes more and draw defenders before passing he'd create more space for the backs. I know that his mindset right now is to just play hot potato football which means the defense knows they can probably ignore him to a large extent because he's likely to just spread the ball with most touches. Ben Roberts was good with this affect of his game and while he was often talked with the ball, Mbye seems to rarely get tackled. It's a pretty small thing to change in his game and I hope he learns that it can benefit him and the team to do so.
Yeh but Frawley is already a better 7 than him so why wouldnt you play the best person in the role? I know, silly question, Des has played Mbye at 7 instead of Frawley while Reynolds is out. Des is the only one, apart from Mbye, who thinks Mbye is a better 7 than Frawley.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh but Frawley is already a better 7 than him so why wouldnt you play the best person in the role? I know, silly question, Des has played Mbye at 7 instead of Frawley while Reynolds is out. Des is the only one, apart from Mbye, who thinks Mbye is a better 7 than Frawley.
Who really knows. If Frawley is going to take control of the game like a halfback should it won't matter much if he's wearing 6 or 7 when he does. He has still only shown glimpses of being consistently good. I'd love for him to become confident enough to demand a spot in the side when we're full strength due to his kicking game. I think that in his shirt time here he's contributed more repeat sets than Mbye, but I'm not sometime who looks at stats so that's just a guess. I'm not a Mbye fan but I know and said earlier what I think would be the easiest improvement for him to make to benefit our side. Maybe The reason he's been left in the 7 is so the combinations on that side don't have to adjust.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straight swap Mo$e$ for Peats, Brown/Frawls with Foran in the halves.

And if I'm really dreaming, poach Crichton, dump Deadwood somehow

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
6. Foran
7. Frawley
9. Mbye
14. Nu Brown

There's your spine that can boh control a game and run a ball, and your hooker situation solved with a decent 1/2 punch, AND a utility player.

Make it happen Desmondo.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
6. Foran
7. Frawley
9. Mbye
14. Nu Brown

There's your spine that can boh control a game and run a ball, and your hooker situation solved with a decent 1/2 punch, AND a utility player.

Make it happen Desmondo.
Frawley is a poor man's Foran they are too similar but Foran does everything at a much higher level. I'd rather see Lewis given the whole off season with Foran and give him a shot he's got so much more potential and complements Foran better.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
6. Foran
7. Frawley
9. Mbye
14. Nu Brown

Make it happen Desmondo.
I'm still thinking Lichaa will get re-signed tbh....

6. Mbye
7. Foran
9. Lichaa
14. Nu Brown

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have signed him right?
Yep, we have.

But if he aims up well at dummy half and gets their go forward pumping Des will doubtless do a backflip and kill the contract.

How he'll do it I have no idea. But trust me, he will.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His passing game really impressed, has a nice crisp passing motion and can pass swiftly off the ground when filling in at hooker.. will be interesting to see how he fits in next year.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah he seems to not really stand up but he does have some speed but I noticed he did a lot of dummy half work. Preparing for the hooker role next year?

Hopefully he improves in the off season and maybe can crack the dogs team next year but we'll have to wait and see.
Stole my name haha

Malla

Reaction score
It's not that Brown looked solid, it's the simple fact the Sharks have a much better system than we do hence players can fill in from reggies and do a good job. Simple as that. Don't be surprised to never see that type of form from Brown at the Dogs.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frawley is a poor man's Foran they are too similar but Foran does everything at a much higher level. I'd rather see Lewis given the whole off season with Foran and give him a shot he's got so much more potential and complements Foran better.
Just on Lewis is it likely he could be in the frame for a spot next year or is it too soon for him

would anyone that has been following him make comment

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just on Lewis is it likely he could be in the frame for a spot next year or is it too soon for him

would anyone that has been following him make comment
He has come back from injury in great form if he keeps it up for the rest of the year he deserves a shot. He's stood out a lot more in NSW Cup then when Frawley played in it.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh yeah he kicks goals in Newtown Jets too and checking his stats, seems fairly consistent. Holmes and Townsend were rated over him for Cronulla the past few games he's played but that could just be cause they don't want to put too much pressure on him. He kicked 3/3 goals in the Samoa vs Tonga game last year though in a MOM performance.

If he is coming off the bench next year, Mbye or anyone besides Holland (cause he'll be in reserves) can take goals until he comes on the field possibly.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has been named as the starting hooker for the sharks. Probably will play for a couple of weeks there due to injuries they have.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
for anyone who watched sharks vs roosters today, what did you think of his performance?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for anyone who watched sharks vs roosters today, what did you think of his performance?
Thought he looked very dangerous. Much more lively than anything we have. I'd definitely be keen to have him in the 9 for us. Not sure he'd be an 80 minute player though

Status
Not open for further replies.