Brian Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi Nasheed,

So you noticed most people where not offering up better alternatives, and............ you decided to trump them all by offering a even worse alternative?

The main issue I see with looking at Smith as an option as opposed to say, Taylor who was suggested a few days back, is that Smith is older and beyond a age it would be acceptable for a player to punch in the head. Taylor has a history of being punched in the head by players, so would likely handle it better when it inevitably happened again.

Should the club decide to shoot itself in the foot, leg, balls, stomach, and then head and sign a never was dud of a coach just for the sake of replacing Des, my vote would be for the more punchable dud coach.

Reactions: DT

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Laurie Daly is of contract with the blues after this origin series
Knows the players well he's well respected
If Laurie Daley was so well respected, you probably wouldn't have misspelled his name.

That aside, how could we possibly pry him away from the Blues with the awesome record he has delivered while there? surely they wouldn't let him go.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Damn Nathan Cleary both plays for the Panthers and coaches the Tigers all at the age of 19, the guy must be special.

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Laurie Daley was so well respected, you probably wouldn't have misspelled his name.

That aside, how could we possibly pry him away from the Blues with the awesome record he has delivered while there? surely they wouldn't let him go.
Oops sorry I'll turn spellcheck on for ya daily
Is one of only coaches to give NSW a series victory against Qld
But I would much rather bring a coach from within our club instead of doing a des hasler all over again and recruiting from outside

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Oops sorry I'll turn spellcheck on for ya daily
Is one of only coaches to give NSW a series victory against Qld
But I would much rather bring a coach from within our club instead of doing a des hasler all over again and recruiting from outside
Spell check doesn't help..... its Daley

He might have delivered more wins if he actually looked to not select the same team over and over while better, younger players where available though, for mine, Daley is a lazy coach, if a coach at all. I think he would be a huge step backwards, as would Taylor, or Smith, or.... insert the name of any other failure the club could sign.

In the current market of what is available, we either keep Des, or we sign up a first time head coach who has learnt the ropes as a assistant coach already, of which, I can think of two candidates.

Last edited:

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Spell check doesn't help..... its Daley

He might have delivered more wins if he actually looked to not select the same team over and over while better, younger players where available though, for mine, Daley is a lazy coach, if a coach at all. I think he would be a huge step backwards, as would Taylor, or Smith, or.... insert the name of any other failure the club could sign.

In the current market of what is available, we either keep Des, or we sign up a first time head coach who has learnt the ropes as a assistant coach already, of which, I can think of two candidates.
Touché
We need someone who knows our club and what it stands for if we change anything I still think recruiting from within is our best option if we do anything

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't believe people would actually want Brian smith. We have Hasler who has been in almost all semi finals since he started coaching quite a few grand final appearances and has 2 under his belt. Why the fuk would we get anyone worse for and who hasn't even won a fkn comp.
Unless it's dean pay or dymmick I'm ok with an inside doggy to take charge.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
MERGED THREADS: There's already one shitty thread on the mind numbingly dumb idea of Brian "Can't coach for shit" Smith, and one is more than enough.

Smith walked out on Wakefield before he got sacked, after they were 2 wins from 12 games.

If he can't coach an ESL side, he certainly can't coach an NRL side.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MERGED THREADS: There's already one shitty thread on the mind numbingly dumb idea of Brian "Can't coach for shit" Smith, and one is more than enough.

Smith walked out on Wakefield before he got sacked, after they were 2 wins from 12 games.

If he can't coach an ESL side, he certainly can't coach an NRL side.
Indeed. To stuff a side so badly that Bennett couldn't turn them around is not a skill you want in your coach. He was lucky he left Newcastle when he did, much longer and he would've been run out of town

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I've counted two people since last night who have said that Smith stuffed up the knights, that can't be further from the truth. If you go to legal Ltd.com and go to the knights forum, you'll see that all, and I mean all agreed with Smiths decision to clear the dead wood.

Not one of their punted players kicked on elsewhere except maybe that Abraham **** from Melbourne and most people thought he was amongst the worst of the punted. So he obviously found himself as a result of the cleanout.

Prior to that cleanout Newcastle were bluffing on the back of Kennedy and Johns.

When johns was injured they would get pumped regularly 40 to zip.

Newcastle was in a good place when smith left, Bennett stuffed them by not creating a succession plan when dads army retired.
Also ripped their fullback from them.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I guarantee that if we had Brian he would make the tough call and move on the below;

Lichaa
Mbye
Eastwood
Tolman
Reynolds
Phillips
Jackson
Hoppa
Graham
Holland
Abbey
And the underperforming Lower graders
Laughable post.
Why the fuck would any coach want to get rid of Jacko ??
I guess you wouldn't have trouble moving him on. If he went on the market, the remaining 15 teams would make a play for him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn Nathan Cleary both plays for the Panthers and coaches the Tigers all at the age of 19, the guy must be special.
He hasn't played in about five years, and he isn't 19 he is closer to around 35.

Status
Not open for further replies.