Brian Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the next few weeks will play out if we retain Des Hasler. If Ivan Cleary signs with Wests, then who is the replacement should Bulldogs and Hasler not come to terms?

If Hasler dont work out, can we look for the Diamond in the rough?

BRIAN SMITH.

We know he can get very quick results, we know he will get you to a grand final.. We know He wants to win a grand final more than anything just like our football club..

Is Brian Smith the diamond out in the rough?
LOL BWIAN SMIFF!! lol Rugby Leagues "biggest Bridesmaid"!!!

Reactions: DT

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brian Smith is quite possibly the best self promoter in the game. Has coached some talent packed sides to the biggest chokes in history. It's a huge no from me. If the board were even considering hiring him I'd have to jump on the sack Dib, Realene and the entire board bandwagon.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He also recommended Jason Taylor to the Tigers after being paid to write a consultant report for them.
I actually think Taylor was heading in the right direction. He was getting rid of dead wood. He hasnt got money to spend due to previous stuff ups. The prob is he is blunt and modern day employees have to be babied. He had 7 to 10 good players and forward pack is weak. I like jt.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brian Smith was more hated than Jason Taylor and will never be at Belmore in this lifetime.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The great thing about Brian Smith is that he doesn't have anything to do with the Bulldogs.

Getting Brian Smith as coach to replace Des Hasler is like breaking up with a semi-ugly chick so you can hook up with a really ugly chick.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY NOT!

How do you get a club winning a Premiership as quickly as possible? Hire a 100 year old coach that's never won one before! lol

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The last three sides Brian Smith has coached plus his success rate are:
  • Knights 44%
  • Roosters 46%
  • Wakefield 27%
From what I can remember his no. 1 priority was to kick out players he thought were finished as first graders.

Obviously his judgement of a players ability had a direct relationship with his success rate. And from what I can remember of the way he spoke he had the riveting personality of a retarded dung beetle.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers will snap up Cleary, I would be surprised if the deal hasn't already been done.

The Bulldogs, well it's anyone's guess... If we lose the next few games, des might get that tap on the shoulder. Nevertheless, he's bought himself some time since the NZ win.

I don't know if Jason Taylor deserved that decision so soon in the season...no one complained when he made Souths look like amateurs in round 1 and looked the real deal. The tigers play really attractive football too so it was a little premature from an outsider looking in.

I just hope we make the right decisions when it's our turn to face the music.

berries62

Waterboy
Reaction score
years ago Ray Hadley said (who is also a boof head) "the only think that I have in common with Brian Smith is that nether one of us has ever coached a premiership winning team, laughed my head off :grinning:

berries62

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dean Pay or retain Hasler. The last few years have shown us the Bulldogs are a unique club that can only be coached by club legends.

We could have Bellamy and struggle
Des won't be sacked, how do we up grade ?

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Can I have some the weed you on , damn that shit must be strong as hell , it's fucking with your ability to think straight , puff puff giiiiive!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dont agree,look at the results of players discarded by other clubs he signs.
Look at some of those players that have left that system. Proctor not looking real good now imo, Nielsen, Hoffman, Green etc all playing pretty poor. Big 3 make that side (big 2) over the last 2 seasons. Once they are gone they will struggle big time, but Bellamys skill will never be questioned as he will jump ship with them.

berries62

Waterboy
Reaction score
gave that up years ago young fella, suppose JT is on the market now

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
please stop degrading our lovely club Brian smith seriously no chance in hell,

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your looking for a reaction with this post your successful. FOOk No to smith.
Kevin walters is a no brainer,or poach bellamy,every man has his price, not holding my breath though.
If greenberg was still there maybe a chance of Bellamy or walters, with castle im not confident with anything shoes does.
In fact, id throw in $ to help fund bellamy signing, wouldnt you?
Fuck yehh!

Status
Not open for further replies.