Boycott Belmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Boycotting games will certainly not help them win. Decisions will be made at the end of season. I understand the tactic, however it won't help anyone
I disagree
Des and the players have been allowed to get away with mediocre attitudes and performances for far too long.

And will continue to, untill something forces them to change

Pissed of fans who fail to support them will do that as they rely on our support to generate sponsorship and revenue

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well that's why we live in a democracy. I can't help wanting them to win at all cost.
Boycotting games due to disagreeing with coaching tactics, or lack thereof won't help the players win games.
Hope you're right and it resolves our issues. However I can't see it helping the bulldogs get through this season. I think we all know that the club won't do anything before we are ruled out of the Semifinals. Boycott or not

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I went to watch the game on Friday night at the local club and normally it's standing room only when the dogs are playing but I could've hired the place out for a party there were that many vacant seats, I don't think people will waste their time going to belmore .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I went to watch the game on Friday night at the local club and normally it's standing room only when the dogs are playing but I could've hired the place out for a party there were that many vacant seats, I don't think people will waste their time going to belmore .
Can i come to the party?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I certainly wont be there thank fuck.

Its alarming how much my interest in footy has waned since Hasler fucked our club. And not because we are losing but because of the way we play. Its disgusting and its hard to watch knowing the future is bleak.

And also i hate myself wanting the dogs to lose every match just so Hasler can go. Its not a good way to support the club i know. No one wants there team to lose, but desperation has crawled in and it feels like thats the only way we can get rid of him and rebuild our club

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I disagree
Des and the players have been allowed to get away with mediocre attitudes and performances for far too long.

And will continue to, untill something forces them to change

Pissed of fans who fail to support them will do that as they rely on our support to generate sponsorship and revenue
What is disappointing is that we were once a club that set high standards where if you didn't perform, you would get dropped to reggies or released.

The expectation was high when you dawned our jersey and walked out to battle with club stalwarts who led by example and carried our proud history on their shoulders with the intention to share it with young up and comers to continue the legacy and in turn pass it down.

The Storm have this exact blue print with its DNA derived of strands of Blue and White due to the tenure of Chris Anderson, a former Bulldogs legend. They have carried this blue print to great heights and no player goes to the Storm expecting a holiday, they go there to embrace the belief that they can win a Premiership year on year as we once did and have buy in.

I hope we can rediscover the legacy that we started..

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Well that's why we live in a democracy. I can't help wanting them to win at all cost.
Boycotting games due to disagreeing with coaching tactics, or lack thereof won't help the players win games.
Hope you're right and it resolves our issues. However I can't see it helping the bulldogs get through this season. I think we all know that the club won't do anything before we are ruled out of the Semifinals. Boycott or not
The situation has gotten bigger than that imo.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I certainly wont be there thank fuck.

Its alarming how much my interest in footy has waned since Hasler fucked our club. And not because we are losing but because of the way we play. Its disgusting and its hard to watch knowing the future is bleak.

And also i hate myself wanting the dogs to lose every match just so Hasler can go. Its not a good way to support the club i know. No one wants there team to lose, but desperation has crawled in and it feels like thats the only way we can get rid of him and rebuild our club
I feel the same as you tbh
Worst thing ever was beating gronkos that night
Trust me

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would avoid Belmore even if we were at the top of the table right now, its a shit hole of a place IMO

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Local junior league teams have been asked if they want ga tickets lol

And the freebies have started

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What is disappointing is that we were once a club that set high standards where if you didn't perform, you would get dropped to reggies or released.

The expectation was high when you dawned our jersey and walked out to battle with club stalwarts who led by example and carried our proud history on their shoulders with the intention to share it with young up and comers to continue the legacy and in turn pass it down.

The Storm have this exact blue print with its DNA derived of strands of Blue and White due to the tenure of Chris Anderson, a former Bulldogs legend. They have carried this blue print to great heights and no player goes to the Storm expecting a holiday, they go there to embrace the belief that they can win a Premiership year on year as we once did and have buy in.

I hope we can rediscover the legacy that we started..
It helps that their spine is outstsnding, players naturally feel inspired to do their best, who do we have for young players to look up to? Hmm

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It helps that their spine is outstsnding, players naturally feel inspired to do their best, who do we have for young players to look up to? Hmm
It's a really good point, but we do have older guys like Graham and the Morris bros who are inspirational with their own personal experiences and have been consistent over a long period of time and we have Mr Inspiration himself (J Jackson) but we do lack an old guard that sets the expectations for the younger guys.

Jackson needs to be captaining this team for that very reason, Graham appears to have lost his edge & hunger.

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would avoid Belmore even if we were at the top of the table right now, its a shit hole of a place IMO
I went to the first one a few years ago. The nostalgia was great leading up to kick off. Then reality kicked in as you couldn't see the game from the hill. The kids couldn't sit or watch the game and facilities were crap. Left at halftime.

Malla

Reaction score
Who would pay for a ticket these days because the brand of footy we are playing does not suffice the money spent. It isn't entertaining and we are not winning.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who would pay for a ticket these days because the brand of footy we are playing does not suffice the money spent. It isn't entertaining and we are not winning.
Even if we smash the knights it'll be an empty feeling.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Why boycott Belmore? What you do is turn up to the ground with picket signs and protest OUTSIDE the office. Go to the ground, but just don't watch the game in the stands or on the hill. Protest in the car park right outside the office.

That'll learn them!

bluedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah just be careful. We may be the Sydney team that gets shafted for an expansion team.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been boycotting them since 2014. Treating fans and club legends with contempt pissed me right off. I won't be attending another game before I see some real change. Not holding my breath though.

Status
Not open for further replies.