Ben Roberts magic in Super league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
In his defense he was trying to pass it to his team mate. It was just intercepted. Hardly a try assist.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ben Roberts has won more games for the Bulldogs than Mbye. True story.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol ahhhhhh that's hilarious. Classic Schmosby, i mean Benny Roberts

Seriously though, i think back to the days when our halves were Roberts and Holdsworth and its a bit like now, with Mbye and Reynolds. Two five eighths nowhere near as effective as a proper halfback with a five eighth to run off him. Unclear how we didn't learn our lesson 2nd time around.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roberts was just a huge tap of unused potential. Aside from his 2009 season, when he set up an absolutely deadly combo on that left edge (Morris/Goodwin - 41 tries between them) he was really inconsistent.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He actually did
You have to be absolutely kidding, ben robert's kicking game was nothing short of abysmal, you obviously forget all those pathetic grubbers he used to put in that either went dead or straight to the opposition.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You have to be absolutely kidding, ben robert's kicking game was nothing short of abysmal, you obviously forget all those pathetic grubbers he used to put in that either went dead or straight to the opposition.
What? Hahaha you obviously forget all the grabbers he put in the in goal that had the perfect weight.

Mate his short kicking game was very very strong.

A

Alexander the Great

What? Hahaha you obviously forget all the grabbers he put in the in goal that had the perfect weight.

Mate his short kicking game was very very strong.
That's if he could catch the ball to start with or keep the ball in his hand.. comparing Ben Roberts to Grub in my opinion is just mad!!

Even Melbourne couldnt set him straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.