Barba could be released by tomorow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the truth about the contract upgrade gets played out in public...the story will be changed to "I did it to provide for my family financially".
mate I am waiting for the day when Ainslie is going to open her mouth (eventually) as Barba is so dumb that he will stuff up again and then Ainslie will "spill the beans" , but no one will really care that time as people would have just moved on.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree family always comes first. But the truth is that this is not about family. It is about money. I know this for a fact.
Exactly 110%, it's about the money and the family is just his excuse to break his contract, without the family in the equation there is no grounds for a release.

Of course family comes first I will always put the family first before anything but the way they are portraying this whole situation they're fooling exactly those people that want to believe its only just about family.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You people are an absolute disgrace. You have turned Ben's family problems into something personal. You see it as Ben rejecting the club, and rejecting you. You all really need to grow up. If this is the way our current generation think, I despair for the future. And don't bother responding with abuse. I will ignore you. You just aren't worth it. Todd Greengurgh said yesterday that he respected Ben Barba very much. How you cannot have respect, compassion and empathy is solely a measure of your own shortcomings. Grow a brain.
Well to be honest I was giving Barba the benefit of the doubt until recently.. I thought in rehab they probably asked him what was the most important thing in his life and he said family and he realised his ties to them have to be strong so his mind can be strong..Blah blah blah..that I can accept no probs! However my opinion started to change when it is reported that he was seeking more money from his new Queensland club..sounds odd when it was all supposed to be about family..and also what really disappointed me and sent me to the polar opposite of your opinion (which you are completely entitled to) was that he posted today the picture commenting on what he missed about living up north. I thought that was pretty insulting to the club and an up you to the Doggies supporters..Josh Dugan, Blake Fergerson anyone?
So I've changed my mind and I think it's best for Canterbury to punt him as soon as they can. As believe it's becoming more apparent this season, that Ben Barba has been playing footy for Ben Barba not his team mates. The same team mates who work hard to bend back that defensive line so he can showcase his skill.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
mate I am waiting for the day when Ainslie is going to open her mouth (eventually) as Barba is so dumb that he will stuff up again and then Ainslie will "spill the beans" , but no one will really care that time as people would have just moved on.
If he carries on like he has then this is bound to happen. The only problem is that child maintenance payments would be quite substantial & that would dry up real fast.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't blame her for staying out of the spotlight...her and her family's life has been played out like a soap opera since February this year. None of us would want our private lives been played out in such a public way, and she shouldn't have to be Ben's lawyer. Ben made the mistake, so he needs to come out clean. I think that's the issue with Ben...he does the dirty work, and expects others to clean up for him (our club, his manager, his partner - putting the blame on her that she is the one that wants to leave).

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well to be honest I was giving Barba the benefit of the doubt until recently.. I thought in rehab they probably asked him what was the most important thing in his life and he said family and he realised his ties to them have to be strong so his mind can be strong..Blah blah blah..that I can accept no probs! However my opinion started to change when it is reported that he was seeking more money from his new Queensland club..sounds odd when it was all supposed to be about family..and also what really disappointed me and sent me to the polar opposite of your opinion (which you are completely entitled to) was that he posted today the picture commenting on what he missed about living up north. I thought that was pretty insulting to the club and an up you to the Doggies supporters..Josh Dugan, Blake Fergerson anyone?
So I've changed my mind and I think it's best for Canterbury to punt him as soon as they can. As believe it's becoming more apparent this season, that Ben Barba has been playing footy for Ben Barba not his team mates. The same team mates who work hard to bend back that defensive line so he can showcase his skill.
Good luck up in Brisbane Ben!

Reaction score
Outstanding post ..... Not enough thumbs in the world to give it.

90% of the simpletons hurling abuse at Ben have NO kids, NO idea how the world works, or NO f*cking idea to grasp the complexity of the situation the people involved are dealing with.

Empathy and logic have gone out the window. If we believe most of the peanut gallery this is all a Machiavellian scheme using his kids as pawns to extort the very club who's moved heaven and earth to develop and nuture him.

The situation is unique, and delicate.
The plebs require concepts like "compensation" and/or "loyalty" in order for it to compute.

Two football players have already killed themselves this year.
There are more important things in life than 'fan entitlement'.
mental illness is treatable, you should seek

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Outstanding post ..... Not enough thumbs in the world to give it.

90% of the simpletons hurling abuse at Ben have NO kids, NO idea how the world works, or NO f*cking idea to grasp the complexity of the situation the people involved are dealing with.

Empathy and logic have gone out the window. If we believe most of the peanut gallery this is all a Machiavellian scheme using his kids as pawns to extort the very club who's moved heaven and earth to develop and nuture him.

The situation is unique, and delicate.
The plebs require concepts like "compensation" and/or "loyalty" in order for it to compute.

Two football players have already killed themselves this year.
There are more important things in life than 'fan entitlement'.
Oh please. Barba made his bed now he should sleep in it. Shacking up with another woman gambling away the money that should have been put towards his kids future and bending for days on end don't sound like the actions of a man desperate to be with his family.

As a father, no matter how old you are you put that shit behind you from day 1. Ben continued to treat himself like the most important person in his life instead of his kids and now the inevitable has happened he wants our empathy? Get real.

I wonder if he would still be as desperate to be with his family if he wasn't offered 4 years at twice what he's on now? Is a job as a builders labourer enough for a egotistical little germ if it meant being near his kids? I highly doubt it. Gordon Tallis sat out the 2006 season with no pay because he wanted to be with his family in QLD instead of in Sydney with STG. I highly doubt Barbas desire is that strong

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh please. Barba made his bed now he should sleep in it. Shacking up with another woman gambling away the money that should have been put towards his kids future and bending for days on end don't sound like the actions of a man desperate to be with his family.

As a father, no matter how old you are you put that shit behind you from day 1. Ben continued to treat himself like the most important person in his life instead of his kids and now the inevitable has happened he wants our empathy? Get real.

I wonder if he would still be as desperate to be with his family if he wasn't offered 4 years at twice what he's on now? Is a job as a builders labourer enough for a egotistical little germ if it meant being near his kids? I highly doubt it. Gordon Tallis sat out the 2006 season with no pay because he wanted to be with his family in QLD instead of in Sydney with STG. I highly doubt Barbas desire is that strong
Only few year ago he was washing cars to make ends meet. Now he is a Daly M player which is quite an achievement.

His head has grown to massive proportions but he also needs to remember he is only 1 serious injury from retirement. He needs to straighten his life out before its too late.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only few year ago he was washing cars to make ends meet. .
thats when he was a responsible man and a loving/caring partner.

Guess he needs to go back to washing cars to be good father...footy doesnt suit his personal life.

Reaction score
He always had the try scoring ability but his defence is still sh!thouse.

Barba will never be Inglis, slater, Hayne, B Stewart nor Dugan.
that post says alot for me, he's not even in the top 5 fullbacks. he's a gun of course, but not in the top 5.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
that post says alot for me, he's not even in the top 5 fullbacks. he's a gun of course, but not in the top 5.
He is definitely a great player but Im not sure about being a great person.

Firstly needs to become a man and then he can work on becoming a great father regardless if his a Bulldog or a Bronco.

He needs to work out what he really wants!

I wish him the best!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
thats when he was a responsible man and a loving/caring partner.

Guess he needs to go back to washing cars to be good father...footy doesnt suit his personal life.
Money is not necessarily success. He appears to be proof for that!

Reaction score
Only few year ago he was washing cars to make ends meet. Now he is a Daly M player which is quite an achievement.

His head has grown to massive proportions but he also needs to remember he is only 1 serious injury from retirement. He needs to straighten his life out before its too late.
if his manager had half a brain, benny could be much better off without lifting a finger. his manager could have bought benny a car wash, stacked it up with hot girls, and extra income for benny. just one of a zillion ways a manager could use money to make money for their players.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good. Fuk him off the lil prick. That photo on Instagram just topped it off. Hope he fails miserably with the broncos and if he does go well I just hope the dogs flatten him when we verse broncos next year. I can't believe how one year the kid was like a saviour and this year his become like the devil
What photo plz share

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Simpleton? Come on mate, you can do better than insulting me and avoiding my questions...

I expected better from you CK, but I still love you ;)
Good to hear .... when I posted that, I was logging out of my work PC, and desperate to GTFO quick.

Home now.

mental illness is treatable, you should seek
Card-carrying Bi-Polar patient already ... :thumb:

What photo plz share
You wont believe it when you see it ....
.... it's a ....
... wait for it ....

A SUNSET from where he grew up.
Can you believe the gall of the guy, FFS ?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.