A coach like Trent Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so he is on nrl 360 right now and he is very straight up and stern, told his players the performance against manly was unacceptable, said they need to adapt to every team, aside from the sombrero at the roosters you can tell everyone plays on high alert after a bad game, just could not see Hasler go into the sheds and tell Mbye "hey mate you need direction otherwise we will have to drop you to reggys and bring in cleeland" ... the guy is a great coach

Even said the loss last year and the bad season is what they used to build off, said certain players knew who let the team down and we didn't want the ones who tried week in week out to be brought down, anyway I'll stop jizzing over him just think a coach needs to be like this

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes awesome which is why i laugh when ppl on here carry on about someone like pay as coach when robbo had a fairly similar experience level to him but uncle nick seen something in him

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Any coach that can see the deficiencies in a team and actually does something about it is better than who we have.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
3 minor premierships and a premiership in 3 years is good going. Now there's a recent record that speaks for itself.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Im sure hes a good coach but hes had the luxury of a ridiculous roster most years because of the roosters ability to sign big names
They have also had to cut SBW, Maloney, Jennings but yes they are over the cap. Still I'll take him over Des

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A coach like Trent Robinson or a salary cap like the Roosters.?
This guys isn't doing as great as some think, they have a super roster and have 1 premiership to show for it and that was off the back of 2 forward passes in the grand final against Manly.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone is going to be better than what we have.

Robinson has uncle Nick ensuring he has a side that can win it every year. Never been tested really.

While some at the Gold Coast won't agree. I think Neil Henry would be a good option for the Dogs when he gets the sack up there!

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
a coach needs to be like this
He takes pride in the jersey and demands that his players do the same, here is a quote from him leading into the nines

“Winning is a habit and we wanted to get back into it pretty quickly. We laid it on the line a little bit. Teams that have won the Nines have traditionally done well in the competition as well.

“If people don't see that — I don't know what it means yet — but there’s something about playing well at the start of the year that says you are going to do OK.

“They were the reasons. Also learning game management — that's what the Nines is really good at.”
So he knows his team has to compete in a mickey mouse tournament, but they'll be wearing the teams colours and there's an opportunity to take some lessons out of it, so why not try. Contrast that with the bloke that holds the reins for us and it's like comparing night and day. I agree that the nines is meaningless in the greater context of a season, but the attitudes on display in those comments is what I want from anyone who has the honour of coaching or playing for the Mighty Bulldogs.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
everyone always complains about the roosters so called brown paper bags just because of the fact the dogs are so incompetent in most areas related to actual on field performance and so things dont look like a even playing field

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trent Robinson.. hes a smart coach, but im not convinced how great a coach he is..

Its been explained above but Manly were absolutely rorted in the 2013 GF then the Rorters choked the next 2 years and without Pearce they finished 2nd last year

At the moment hes a Good coach yes

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Brad Arthur has done a decent job with all the bs at has happened at parra.

Status
Not open for further replies.