2018 IM EXCITED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Frawley was a victim of the Supercoach. His main priority was to stay in FG.
To achieve that he had to stick to the so called game plan. He did that very well, although it was a shit plan.
If given a bit of free rein, he is capable of so much better. Halfbacks must not be hogtied. They must play whatever is needed.
Ryan did it to Turvey and completely stifled any enterprise he had.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To achieve that he had to stick to the so called game plan. He did that very well, although it was a shit plan.
If given a bit of free rein, he is capable of so much better. Halfbacks must not be hogtied. They must play whatever is needed.
What's so good about him? If he is first choice half the team must be shit. His only decent trait is short low kicks. Everything else he is average to poor

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im expecting the new coach to play klem and woods in the front row, which to be honest is probably the best front row in the comp.
Agreed. Good thing is Pay was a prop with an offload. Hopefully he won't hogtie Klemmer like Des probably did.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with you on Turvey - but Ryan won two premierships with the original Dogs of War. Wouldn't mind that.

Frawley isn't first grade standard from what I've seen. No pace or quick service. Foran has to play first receiver on both sides next year so we need a running 5/8.

I still reckon we're short a few players for a genuine premiership team. Hopefully Lichaa and Mbye were truly desnotised and can be NRL standard. Not sure unless one can learn to pass and the other can learn to relax, but maybe? Maybe Mbye can be a good running 5/8 or fullback with a clear head? And get a bit of grunt in your game son! We're definitely short a genuinely fast back, preferably fullback (or another one to go with Montoya). And a back rower too (what about Josh Morris in the backrow?) But realistically it's a re-building year and I hope Dean Pay bloods a lot of young guys.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Because of Hasler, and the subsequent knowledge that there would be no improvement, my interest in the past 2 seasons waned significantly.

I went from having to watch every game live, no matter what else was occurring in my life, to skimming through replays.

It's so pleasing experiencing that familiar feeling of actually being excited for a new season again.

I'll even be buying merch again.

Fuck Hasler.

Last edited:

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone think that Frawley is in Deam Pays future plans? Havent heard much about him lately in here. I thought he showed some real promise to start with, do we think that he's a casualty of haslers coaching also?
TBH his gotta be on the outer, reserve grade is where he will be stuck in next year. The thing is we have halves knocking on the door and now we have pay, we will see players rewarded with a 1st grade debut/more game time. So let's just wait and see what pay has installed for us next year. I'm happy to see our team just have a revamped game plan rather the same old shit we scrapped together in the last 3 + years... I smell a nice grand final berth in 2018. $100 on bulldogs for 2018

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because of Hasler, and the subsequent knowledge that there would be no improvement, my interest in the past 2 seasons waned significantly.

I went from having to watch every game live, no matter what else was occurring in my life, to skimming through replays.

It's so pleasing experiencing that familiar feeling of actually being excited for a news season again.

I'll even be buying merch again.

Fuck Hasler.
That was me brother, can't wait for the 2018 season, going to get renew my membership now for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.