ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I just miss having some real speed at the back

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m hearing Dean Pay has already visited Tolman’s house and told him to harden up
Must've been a good conversation given Tolman has gone fishing in the bush. Who did he talk to a photo on the wall or was BUPA staying there?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
May be i got excited too easily or have a case of tunnel vision but based on the last 3 games i dont understand why some people are looking for other alternatives for fb.
I assume Mbye will end up out the back next year but if Pay decides that Hoppa should stay there I would be confident he will get him working more on his sprint training over the off season and he will be quicker again next season. I thought he would've been a good FB for us this year and he started OK, got injured then the whole side fell in a hole and at the end he came good again. So hopefully all of them will start strong and keep going next season.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone think that Frawley is in Deam Pays future plans? Havent heard much about him lately in here. I thought he showed some real promise to start with, do we think that he's a casualty of haslers coaching also?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone think that Frawley is in Deam Pays future plans? Havent heard much about him lately in here. I thought he showed some real promise to start with, do we think that he's a casualty of haslers coaching also?
Nah he's too slow for first grade

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who know's he's first games he stepped in with a decent kicking game actually getting results. That went down hill quickly, if it was him taking to much onto he's shoulders in he's first season trying to keep the team afloat or Des who knows.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nope. He looked good the first few weeks because he didn't play true to our systems and caught the defence off guard because they weren't expecting it. Gutho even made a comment after the Parra game where he said Frawley was our most dangerous player because he wasn't doing the typical Bulldogs play.

I'm sure once Pay smashes the fuck out of Desball then a lot of our players will perform a lot better and Frawley will be left behind. He wasn't exactly killing it in reserve grade either and the team did go on a run when he was promoted and looked a lot better without him.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
90% of our team looked slow this year hahaha.
They are slow!! Lol. But i specifically meant slow mentally. He takes too long to pick a pass, get boot to ball etc. I saw it in reserve grade last year as well so i don’t think it’s anything to do with Des. I’m not sure if you noticed but he got whacked a lot with his back to the line, and during kicks as he can’t think and act quick enough.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope not!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who knows to be honest. The whole team could be completely different next year given how indoctrinated with desball they were.
I have a feeling that we will all be incredibly happy with how our team changes next year.
Did i say i was excited already?!!!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah he's too slow for first grade
You think so? I remember him scoring a try early on that made him look reasonably sharp. Must admit he didn't do much after that though and I didn't see much of him in the reggies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Really next year is a blank canvas. We know bugger all of what our players are capable of due to none of them being able to do it. We are all starting from scratch.....

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
No need to get excited. It’s already been set in stone. 2018 will be the YEAR OF THE DOG. Look it up and ask every Asian. Mark my words.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You think so? I remember him scoring a try early on that made him look reasonably sharp. Must admit he didn't do much after that though and I didn't see much of him in the reggies.
More as in slow mentally. Takes too long to make decisions. I noticed it in reserve grade last year, I just don't think he can cut it long term in the NRL. Handy back up though

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
More as in slow mentally. Takes too long to make decisions. I noticed it in reserve grade last year, I just don't think he can cut it long term in the NRL. Handy back up though
Yeah, I get that. He did look lost at times in FG this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.