2017 SG Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
You were correct - smashed by Parra today
Parra were just too strong all over the park but I was told parra dropped 5 players back from under20s. To play in this .parra and cronulla must have good weights programs completely different body shapes to the bulldogs

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Parra were just too strong all over the park but I was told parra dropped 5 players back from under20s. To play in this .parra and cronulla must have good weights programs completely different body shapes to the bulldogs
That's in all grades though

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only two - Noel Aukafolau and Haze Dunster.

ItalianGreyhound

Waterboy
Reaction score
Only two - Noel Aukafolau and Haze Dunster.
Parra have quite a few 17 year olds eligible for sg ball playing NYC, namely Fonua, Afuolo and Kaufusi and the two you mentioned. Souths too have a heap of young guys playing NYC. I didn't think that Parra side would run up that score against this Dogs side. Same thing happened v Sharks in last year's only finals game which makes me question the taper of the training heading into finals time. Attitude seems a problem with some of the so called stars wilting when heat applied. Fortunately they have a chance to redeem themselves and show how much they want it against illawarra who they beat early in the comp. Will be interesting.

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Parra have quite a few 17 year olds eligible for sg ball playing NYC, namely Fonua, Afuolo and Kaufusi and the two you mentioned. Souths too have a heap of young guys playing NYC. I didn't think that Parra side would run up that score against this Dogs side. Same thing happened v Sharks in last year's only finals game which makes me question the taper of the training heading into finals time. Attitude seems a problem with some of the so called stars wilting when heat applied. Fortunately they have a chance to redeem themselves and show how much they want it against illawarra who they beat early in the comp. Will be interesting.
I think there gone will be shattered after that loss

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Illawarra Steelers 40 def Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 18 (L.Dillon, A.Manu, P.Sua, E.Swann tries; B.Wakeham goal)

ItalianGreyhound

Waterboy
Reaction score
Annnnd out of the semi finals we go.
What a damn shame. This side should never have been walloped like that. Bang bang and out the back door. So soft up the middle and so many length of the field tries from our poor last tackle kicks/passes in the opposition 20. Some of the dogs forwards looked done after 15mins. Young guns out wide came up with too many mistakes early in the tackle count (tackled into touch, fumbled at dummy half etc). Some players went into hiding all game. A real head scratcher for who is ready for the next level? Katoa has already played NYC in 2016 but he's about the only one who looks likely. I don't think there is much respect for Sultana and the on field attitude reflected that lack of a will to win for the coach or each other.

BelmoreBoys

New Pup
Reaction score
Never rated Sultana always came across as a bit arrogant..whoever is overseeing junior development need to reevaluate whether picking juniors solely within the canterbury comp is the way to go..do not have the talent pool compared to the likes of parra and penrith..even the talent within the sydney combined comp does not stack up..with that being said the coaching staff through to the players need to have more of a professional attitude to pre season training..regular season training..and how to conduct themselves on and off the field.

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
What a damn shame. This side should never have been walloped like that. Bang bang and out the back door. So soft up the middle and so many length of the field tries from our poor last tackle kicks/passes in the opposition 20. Some of the dogs forwards looked done after 15mins. Young guns out wide came up with too many mistakes early in the tackle count (tackled into touch, fumbled at dummy half etc). Some players went into hiding all game. A real head scratcher for who is ready for the next level? Katoa has already played NYC in 2016 but he's about the only one who looks likely. I don't think there is much respect for Sultana and the on field attitude reflected that lack of a will to win for the coach or each other.
I agree with a lot of what you say except I've watched this side all year and the young winger your talking about is the one shining light to come out of this sg ball season, he made a couple of mistakes yesterday but he also scored a try and set one up with an 80 meter break again, he has made breaks on his own all year and is younger than a lot of his team mates. Actually Averillo and pasina have been ordinary and completely dominated, poor averillo couldnt tackle a 6 year old girl, and actually watching every game this year in their entirety, I would have to say young dillon looks the best prospect,outside of wakeham,especially watching him being the only player in this side, with speed, footwork and the ability to make breaks on his own while carrying the ball on early tackles. And it seems I'm not alone with Shaun timmins making the comment on Saturday that Dillon was the only dangerous player the dogs had.

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Congrats to Brandon, watched them all year and him and katoa, clearly bulldogs best for the year.Yesterday went out to liverpool to watch schoolboy reps, and looking at the program i think we had 5 kids involved in the sydney south west team, sakuru, sua, dillon, talau and averillo. Being semi retired gives me this luxury.

And talking to a player manager(who i didnt know , was standing next to him on the fence, and talking to him for 10 mins before i realised his nrl player manager accreditation lanyard around his neck). I pointed out the bulldogs boys to him, and asked his thoughts. He did not know talau or sua and stated they were not on his radar, and said the clear best half in this age group was luke metcafe from cronulla. But he did know averillo, and "likes his passing game" and said he had twice tried to sign dillon who he believes is "a player of the future".

So it was interesting getting some feed back from someone with a fresh set of eyes, who would have a pretty good knowledge of the talent out their, but congrats to all the boys yesterday who i think beat sydney west (who i believe had a lot of parra junior reps involved).

Status
Not open for further replies.