Search results

1. immortalbulldog

Official Lachlan Lewis sacked

NRL has a partnership with Hisense so you’re looking at a $200 speaker I reckon.
  2. immortalbulldog

It's time for ALL BULLDOGS FANS say enough is enough?

All Hasler stuff done under last board. Well known. I don’t see a problem with signing pay for another year. The problems are within the quality of the players. You can’t exactly implement an expansive game plan if the players aren’t up to it. It’s also not an nrl coaches job to teach players...
  3. immortalbulldog

My god, you talk about vested self interest after talking about how much you’re entitled to for the last few posts. It seems to me YOU think the club is a joke because YOU aren’t getting what YOU think YOU’RE entitled to. Just out of interest, what specifically do you think the club should...
  4. immortalbulldog

Here you go champ https://www.bulldogs.com.au/siteassets/documents/2018-annual-report_vfinal.pdf it’s called an annual report. They release one every 365 days. Read from page 66 “Financials”. You still don’t understand that being a ticketed member does not give you a stake in the club. You’re...
  5. immortalbulldog

I don’t believe the squad is worth $9.5mil, nobody doe, including the new board. We knew the money had already been spent before we got it. Dib was still budgeting for a 10.5 for last year and was lobbying the nrl for that figure even though he was warned numerous times it would not be that...
  6. immortalbulldog

Why are you entitled to anything? What makes you so special? Does any other club release every detail of their salary cap? No, so what makes our fans think the are ‘entitled’ to anything more than anyone else?
  7. immortalbulldog

Haven’t been on for a while but I thought I’d add my 2c worth here. You really want to know what’s wrong with the club? People like you, with your attitude. Who want success straight away but aren’t prepared to do the work to get there. To say we are in a position never before seen in our...
  8. immortalbulldog

If Dylan Walker is Sacked by Manly, will they make a play a Foran?

Ummm hitting or assaulting a woman is bad enough but she was holding their baby when he knocked her to the ground. This guy is as grubby as they come.
  9. immortalbulldog

News Waterview in Bicentennial Park join forces with the Bulldogs as front of shorts sponsor

I thought we were going to have massive financial repercussions after mad Monday. You know, when the owner of Wicked Sister, Ray Dibs sons mate, said he couldn’t support the club anymore. Almost seems like the whole thing was an orchestrated stunt to destabilise the new board. Didn’t seem to...
  10. immortalbulldog

News Bulldogs sign Matt Mundine.

Imagine signing a park footy player for a year on park footy money to make up the numbers in our nsw cup squad. It’s almost like we had a spot to fill so we filled it. How unprofessional
  11. immortalbulldog

News Bulldogs sign Matt Mundine.

Yep because the old board were killing it weren’t they
  12. immortalbulldog

Losing Our Best

Anonymous 3rd party whispers in his ear “We can give you $1.2 mil a year and whatever else you want.” Suddenly club isn’t treating him right and anything less than $1.2mil is disrespectful.
  13. immortalbulldog

Losing Our Best

The big difference is from 2002-2012 we had a ready made replacement to come into the squad. The last influx of stars we had come through was at the beginning and just before the Hasler era. Klemmer, Kasiano, Jackson, Finucane, Reynolds, Mbye etc. Hasler slowly dismantled our nursery by pure...
  14. immortalbulldog

Something to think about

The nrl knew we were over. They warned us that we would be and Dib still went and signed a few million dollar duds. On top of this neither Des nor Dib fell on their swords and were both booted out so what you are suggesting is total horse shit
  15. immortalbulldog

Freedom of Speech

I have never heard as much dribble and whinging from a fan base following a result. Countless change.org petitions on Facebook, threats to storm the NRL head office to protest and now we’ve even got people claiming that our freedom of speech is under attack. It’s time time for people to grow up...
  16. immortalbulldog

Who is cut over letting cook go

What about the ones they said no to. Munster, Roberts, Connor Watson, Siezer (who we now can’t afford) and Latrell Mitchel. We could have had those guys on their first contract or for dirt cheap because they’d been ditched elsewhere. The only one we’d have to pay market value for was Siezer...
  17. immortalbulldog

Who is cut over letting cook go

I was more cut we let Ennis go. Cook leaving was the best thing for Cook. He would have been in Lichaa’s situation if he stayed. Good on him. I’m glad Hasler didn’t kill or almost kill another career
  18. immortalbulldog

Clubs dragged into Bulldogs legal battle, players may follow

We are now at the point that any player who wants to leave should be encouraged to do so. The absolute best thing that could happen to us is to clear out some of the dead wood and dud signings and rub out some of Hasler’s back ended deals. IN SAYING THAT DON’T FOR A SECOND THINK THAT DANNY...
  19. immortalbulldog

Will Lynne Anderson and the board step in this season?

This is a favourite argument of the doom and bloomers. You do realise that Cleary was appointed over a year ago and had close to a season to prepare for where they are now. Also unlike us he was left with a healthy salary cap after Tedesco, Woods and Moses whereby he could carry out a very...
  20. immortalbulldog

I didn’t disagree that our attack is terrible. It’s been terrible for 5 years. What I am say8ng is we need to be realistic and accept it’s going to take more than 8 rounds to undo that, especially when the former coaching staff and board have painted us into a corner as far as bringing in new...
  21. immortalbulldog

Seriously wtf are you talking about? He’s a few months in nd has 5 years of damage to undo. From your explicit knowledge of his methods what warrants a kick up the arse?
  22. immortalbulldog

Jesus. Some of theses threads are just getting dumber and dumber. People who obviously have no idea acting like the club should be run like career mode on some PlayStation game. It’s not as simple as just “clearing out the deadwood” ffs. The vast majority of our cap is tied up in that deadwood...
  23. immortalbulldog

Salary Cap Mega thread.

Well there are actually people making that argument. I’m not one of them
  24. immortalbulldog

Our No. 9, change needed

Lichaa isn’t as bad as everyone is saying. He’s just easy to make a scapegoat out of because he’s been blamed before. He has been running from dummy half and he actually gets the first defended to come in quite often but he dies with the ball because nobody runs off him. Phil Gould even said it...
  25. immortalbulldog

Salary Cap Mega thread.

Because we’d lose by less
  26. immortalbulldog

Six o’clock kick off is ridiculous

Having Hoppa and Montoya outside him is affecting him
  27. immortalbulldog

Lewis

If he’s being played at centre I can guarantee you that he’s there because Pay wants depth in that area.
  28. immortalbulldog

So which outside backs are off contract?

Because we had to let any player go that another club was willing to pay for. Thank Hasler, Castle and last board for that. The good news is Hoppa and Tolman are contracted until 2020 and nobody else wants them
  29. immortalbulldog

So which outside backs are off contract?

Throw the bank at Mansour. He’s so valuable on the first hit up after kick return. I’d resign J Morris if price is right.
  30. immortalbulldog

Will Hopoate

There was desperation in his defence last night. Not in a good way. It seemed he only just made every tackle and they carved up our right side. It is worrying to say the least
  31. immortalbulldog

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

You’d imagine eastwood and the Morris twin will not be kept on. We’ll need to cover them either with established players or depth signings if members of our current squad show they are ready to step up
  32. immortalbulldog

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Not really much out there. I have a feeling we will end up wit him Mansour or at least have a massive crack at him. Other than that I wouldn’t bother with any of the established players that are available. I would have another crack at Nat Butcher. Apparently we were close last time and...
  33. immortalbulldog

Luis Strickland

Yeah. Right.
  34. immortalbulldog

Classic Sportswear 2019

Whatever the outcome and whoever we go with nothing will change the fact that the 2018 jerseys are the ugliest fucking things we’ve had since superleague
  35. immortalbulldog

Luis Strickland

Prankster? Calling up a female club employee and wanking over the phone? What a larrikin.
  36. immortalbulldog

Klemmer upset with Bulldogs boardroom candidate Dunn.

You mean they may start getting paid what they are actually worth instead of being overpaid?
  37. immortalbulldog

Klemmer upset with Bulldogs boardroom candidate Dunn.

It’s all about egos now. The fact that players and ex players are voicing their opinions on board elections is deplorable. The fact that Dib is allowing this stuff to get to the media is farcical. Keep the players out of it
  38. immortalbulldog

Membership Numbers

Memberships might pick up if we are doing ok after a few rounds. That may make us seem like fickle fans but I wouldn’t blame anyone who wanted to wait and see before parting with their hard earned money, especially since some of it will probably go towards a back room settlement with Des after...
  39. immortalbulldog

2018 members pack.

I’m usually against people complaining about the membership packs. We don’t sign up for that hat and bag or whatever and it’s usually just a bonus. However this years “pack” is an absolute farce. At a time when the club is throwing away the hard earned money members have invested in the club by...
  40. immortalbulldog

Salary Sombrero

I have no doubt that the Roosters are playing outside the rules but you also have to remember that as of next year we will have 4 or 5 players earning over $750k. When Greg Eastwood is earning $900k on a backended deal you really have nobody to blame but the people who were running the club.
  41. immortalbulldog

The Dogs of War

garry carden
  42. immortalbulldog

The Dogs of War

You poor naive bastard. Dib was calling the shots all along. Castle hasn't been involved in player negotiations for over a year.
  43. immortalbulldog

The Dogs of War

Respect what? He's only now doing stuff to save his own arse. If you hired a builder to build your house and he fucked up the whole job but then worked 16hr days for a week to get it certified and fix the defects would you praise the bloke or think he's a ducking shonk?
  44. immortalbulldog

Turvey reappointed to the board

Yeah right. "Ray my house is on fire can I have some water?" "At this stage we are comfortable with our water usage and have no plans to extend our current usage." "Thanks Ray, my house burnt down" "After carrying out a thorough and stringent assessment of our water distribution we have...
  45. immortalbulldog

Turvey reappointed to the board

This is appalling and tbh I'm a bit disappointed in Mortimer. This has only been done to strengthen Dibs position as chairman and for the life of me I can't figure out why.
  46. immortalbulldog

the reason kasiano left!

All I know is he's gone and now the bulldog at Belmore don't sell food anymore
  47. immortalbulldog

the reason kasiano left!

We'll see. Every year we read about his amazing transformation then he's hack to looking like the big show
  48. immortalbulldog

the reason kasiano left!

Watch a video from him in 2011-2012 and compare it to one from 2017 and you'll see the reason why it doesn't really matter. He obviously wasn't too keen on doing the hard work.
  49. immortalbulldog

Dean Pay. What would be the pass mark for 2018?

A good start would be to stop talking about pass marks. How about as a club the only goal we have at the start of each season is to win the comp. when we start talking about pass marks we get a situation where all of a sudden scraping into the finals is considered a successful season. Then you...
  50. immortalbulldog

My theory on the "Hasler is sacked" saga.

So your theory is we re-signed a guy who was off contract, at a time when he was underperforming so, even though he was off contract anyway, we could insert tighter KPI's into his new contract so that when his new contract came into effect we could sack him without paying him out and essentially...
  51. immortalbulldog

The Case for Hasler

Mate, the players just brushed the gameplan. Lichaa pretty much said so. It's since come out that the game against the Titans where Lichaa won man of the match Des sent a message out just before half time to tell him to stop running
  52. immortalbulldog

The Case for Hasler

The case for Hasler would be wooden 6ft x 3ft x 3ft with a "Return to Manly" label on it.
  53. immortalbulldog

What could've been

As opposed to Brenko Lee who will almost always cost 2 tries a game in return for 1, maybe 2 linebreaks before he bobbles it during the play the ball
  54. immortalbulldog

How Graham offered pay cut to keep Reynolds at Bulldogs

It's must be a huge kick in the nuts for a guy like Graham to have a **** like Dib stand up and pay him tribute 10 minutes after he forced him out the door
  55. immortalbulldog

Richie Kenner released to Souths

You rally think we could entice anyone from the storm to come here on minimum wage? Eastwood is on $900k backended deal next year and Mbye is on $700k. Kennar is probably on $150-200k
  56. immortalbulldog

Aiden Tolman wins 2017 Coach's Award

Surely Tolman must get embarrassed.
  57. immortalbulldog

Groundhog Day

I'm starting to think the board is going to prove what spineless, hapless kooks they are and he'll stay. The longer this drags on the safer he is. I'd say behind the scenes there's likely to be narcissistic chairman who is pushing his own point of view across and/or refusing to budge leaving us...
  58. immortalbulldog

Conversation with Ray Dib

We had an extensive season review last year, things were going to change this year. That was me. She spoke to me on the phone for about 20mins. Told me that Lichaa wouldn't be re-signed and also waffled on about Hasler's record of making the finals. She also told me they were going to use...
  59. immortalbulldog

Lichaa lets loose in search of fresh start.

Des won 2 comps remember. Only Bellamy has a better record bla bla bla
  60. immortalbulldog

Your posts just keep getting more idiotic.
  61. immortalbulldog

You obviously have NFI. When you've got Ennis and Cook both saying they experienced the same thing how can you blame anyone other than Des? Cook filled in for Ennis and was the only attacking spark we had but was shown the door. Ennis went to the Sharks and has been quoted numerous times as...
  62. immortalbulldog

The future is bright

On talkin sport Peter Tunks said he has watch him all through the juniors and he is a better fullback or centre than he is a winger. I doubt we'll never know if des hangs around
  63. immortalbulldog

The future is bright

Does anyone know if that Will Kerr is going to come back or has he given it away for good? always had such huge wraps and we could really use a good young half
  64. immortalbulldog

Confirmed, Bulldogs set up is 'toxic'!

Thank you Trying hard is a great attribute but it's time we looked for more in our spine
  65. immortalbulldog

Ummm no we haven't established that any of our halves combos have been superb since Hasler arrived. If you really rate those two as superb you have very low standards. If that's the case why hasn't either of them seen a blues jersey ever again? Common factor they're mediocre at best Now case...
  66. immortalbulldog

99 great games? Are you kidding me? I can probably count 4-5 superb games since 2012
  67. immortalbulldog

Lichaa post match interview

Not really I don't think we can afford to keep any off contract players tbh
  68. immortalbulldog

What's to think about? The half wants it you give it to him, if the half wants a forward to take it up you give it to the forward, if you see an opportunity with a quick play the ball you go for it. If you have to think much more than that somebody has over complicated things
  69. immortalbulldog

I think Des has killed his own career in the process. He'll never attract any sort of young talent again
  70. immortalbulldog

Local junior or not the guy is not worth $900k a year like the Tigers are paying him. Local junior or not he is still always one brainsnap away from another suspension, another penalty or throwing another game away. He almost fucked up his own belmore farewell ffs. As a half he is not great, far...
  71. immortalbulldog

Tyrone Phillips

He's a park footballer.
  72. immortalbulldog

I take offence to the players being offended that Reynolds was let go. The guy is shit and offers next to nothing. The club isn't there to provide the players with a buddy squad. He has had a long time to take control of the team and he sucks. Foran might not be the answer but at least it's...
  73. immortalbulldog

Yep. I was told 3 years ago he's taken the kool aid
  74. immortalbulldog

ELIAS STEPS DOWN FROM BULLDOGS BOARD

You don't need to leave to do that. He'd be in a stronger position if he stayed if that's what he wanted.
  75. immortalbulldog

This part I totally agree with and I was told the exact same thing from a trainer who's been there 30 years. The worst part is at the members night that was streamed at the end of last year somebody raised the issue about Des neglecting lower grades and Dib replied that he's there to coach first...
  76. immortalbulldog

Apparently he was pussy whipped and followed some girl overseas
  77. immortalbulldog

Whilst I have no doubt things at the club are shithouse I reckon you always need to take anything a disgruntled player and his father have to say about a place. I'm not saying what they said wasn't true but it may be imbelished from their point of view.
  78. immortalbulldog

Did he play first grade?
  79. immortalbulldog

No he won't. He will be blocked and micromanaged by Dib at every turn
  80. immortalbulldog

Des - top 8 clause 2017

People were saying the same in 2011.
  81. immortalbulldog

Des - top 8 clause 2017

Either way the board should be hung
  82. immortalbulldog

Des - top 8 clause 2017

Good to see all the hard earned money fans spend on game day, mercy and memberships is going to good use. $1.2mil to get the same result we could have had for free if our board had a ckue
  83. immortalbulldog

Des - top 8 clause 2017

He still is by the incompetent morons on our board, in particular the chairman
  84. immortalbulldog

Des - top 8 clause 2017

What has Dib ever done to suggest he's clever or cunning? Was it re-signing an underperforming, outdated and indifferent coach who has slowly overseen the total destruction of our football team or was it signing off on inflated backended contracts that has left us with an aged, ageing and...
  85. immortalbulldog

Reynolds prob thinking wtf?

He's probably thinking what 5 or 6 of our players are thinking... "I'm getting paid double what I'm worth, I couldn't give a fuck where I play or how well I do it."
  86. immortalbulldog

Unwanted Canterbury Bulldog Lloyd Perrett aiming to fulfil potential at Manly Sea Eagles

At the end of the day Lloyd Perrett is one player that I was happy we let go and I'm glad he will never wear our jersey again. I will never forget the night when we played the Roosters and JWH ran straight at him and he backpeddled and stepped out of the way and let Lichaa make the tackle alone...
  87. immortalbulldog

[2015] Bulldogs to tinker with attack to get halves involved

Bump. Haha 2015 we tinkered with our attack apparently
  88. immortalbulldog

Nick Tedeschi - Rumour Mill

IF true this 'non reactive' board is now being ultra reactive to save their own skins at next years elections but rather than do what's best to restore the club by installing someone like Pay who understands how we operate and thrive they will cut a backroom deal to do a coach swap so they don't...
  89. immortalbulldog

Is this appropriate behaviour?

You have no idea and I'm guessing you've realised that and are now trying to backtrack as if you were trolling the whole time
  90. immortalbulldog

At first I thought you were taking the piss. Now I can see you're an anal retentive misery guts so let's go through it. They've obviously been to a post game session as they are all in their footy gear and have gone out for a feed after. What on earth is wrong with that? Who cares what they are...
  91. immortalbulldog

I'm assuming this is troll thread if not you've got nfi
  92. immortalbulldog

Next years fullback ?

I meant fast, balling playing
  93. immortalbulldog

Our team with and without Brenko Lee

Have him in the team or don't. Couldn't care less tbh. But I will say it's a sad state of affairs when fans are calling for a player of Brenko Lee's standard to save us.
  94. immortalbulldog

Our team with and without Brenko Lee

"Our defence isn't any better without him but just to prove my point I'll get you to totally ignore the two games where the combined scores were 74-0" Good one
  95. immortalbulldog

If you're making a case against des, What season are you using?

Why don't we go back to 2013 when we got knocked out by Newcastle in rnd 1 of the finals. They had a player get 10 in the bin and we had 5 sets on their line and couldn't score. In the press conference Bennett said he wasn't surprised by that because they knew exactly what we would throw at them...