Search results

1. B-Train

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

It would be an issue with City and Girona too.. If one has to step aside, then Girona would obviously make way as the owners will prioritise City. Which would be really unfair on Girona and their fans..
  2. B-Train

It’s time to get paid!

Why would you need a pay increase when you make so many millions from your investment properties that you lease out to scummy renters?
  3. B-Train

THE REAL REASON FOR BULLDOG'S NEW LOOK

This isn't a big deal at all, but it does seem like a bizarre punishment.. Making them do extra runs or fining them etc seems more professional..
  4. B-Train

THE REAL REASON FOR BULLDOG'S NEW LOOK

I'm waiting for the NRL 360 Buzz led segment complaining about the abuse and hazing tactics at the club.
  5. B-Train

Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

I knew about the first two. Didn't know about Akanji.. The timing of these friendlies is crazy with huge games for clubs in the league and Champions league shortly after.. City seem more affected than others. Defence has been City's biggest problem, so I would have rather had issues with...
  6. B-Train

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

I'm not one for conspiracies but it's dodgy as fuck that Sutton refs this game every season.
  7. B-Train

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

No surprises there. Hopefully we can beat Souths for once but with them desperate for a win, I'm not confident as Latrell and Walker always seem to play well against us.
  8. B-Train

Your early Origin teams 2024

With so many rep players like Cleary, Haas, Tino, Walsh, Moses etc dropping like flies after just three weeks, whatever team someone comes up with now will change massively soon.
  9. B-Train

Kiks in doubt for Friday

I would rather that too, but I think Ciraldo prefers Curran to stay in the middle rotation and has talked up Salmon as an edge previously. Hopefully Kikau plays and we don't have to worry about hypotheticals.
  10. B-Train

Kiks in doubt for Friday

Hopefully he can play.. He's lifted his game massively the last two weeks and made a huge impact in attack and defence.. If not, Ciraldo will probably move Salmon there with Curran/Mann at lock and Kautoga on the bench.
  11. B-Train

The Terrors of Team List Tuesday

I like Hughes. I hope he keeps his spot and gets more minutes gradually as I think he can potentially develop into a starter one day.
  12. B-Train

The Terrors of Team List Tuesday

No coach is going to make more than minor changes after winning by 30 plus unless they're forced to due to injury. Poasa coming in for Knight or Hughes will probably be the only change if there are any at all.
  13. B-Train

Official Tino Fa'asuamaleaui out for the season with ACL

I wouldn't wish an ACL injury on anyone no matter how grubby they are.. Hopefully he recovers well.
  14. B-Train

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Suspended I think. Although you can't find any official news about the judiciary/suspensions on the NSW Cup website or anywhere else..
  15. B-Train

News Look at the 2000s sides... they had brutal packs’: The ‘fabric’ Bulldogs desperately miss

Wow, what amazing insight by the experts.. None of us knew that we need props..
  16. B-Train

News Should Latrell Mitchell get a fine or ban for dropping so many f bombs after last weeks game

As I said, he should have apologised and been more responsible.. But literally every second post game interview in the NRL, a player drops an F bomb or two. Especially after Origins, Tests and Finals games etc.. Latrell went too far. He should be fined to send a message.... But suspending him is...
  17. B-Train

Bulldogs 3 player's short of top 4

You could probably argue most teams outside the 8 are a few quality players away from the top 4. The problem is finding those players when there are less and less quality halves and hookers coming through each year. Thankfully our junior set-up looks like in the next year or two we can finally...
  18. B-Train

Luke Brooks

It seems like Manly have started the last few seasons strongly and then they go on a losing streak, injuries hit and their season is fucked.. I'm glad to see Brooks doing well though. He's copped a lot of shit during his career..
  19. B-Train

Opinion What could have been?

We struggled badly with TPJ and Thompson, so they're no loss at all. I'm glad we missed out on Luai. He's barely worth half of what he'll get at the Tigers.. Johnson would have been great.. Piakura is a talent but we have Kikau and Preston so he wouldn't be able to start with us anyway..
  20. B-Train

News Trying to bite my tongue’: Ciraldo wants ‘clarity’ after contentious calls cruel Dogs

The ref was dropped, they've admitted the call was wrong and clarified what the rule is yet you're still arguing this continuously like a petulant child... Just quit while you're miles behind..
  21. B-Train

News Should Latrell Mitchell get a fine or ban for dropping so many f bombs after last weeks game

He should watch his language and should have owned up to it with even a token apology.. But at the same time I swear just as much if there's traffic when we're running late dropping my daughter off to school, so it's all being blown out of proportion..
  22. B-Train

News Trying to bite my tongue’: Ciraldo wants ‘clarity’ after contentious calls cruel Dogs

Even the refs boss admits it's a try when they rarely own up to their mistakes, but you have one person for some reason still arguing the point because they're too stubborn to admit when they're wrong... Some people love arguing for the sake of it..
  23. B-Train

Totally ripped off

So if it's a clear error that they admit to, how does the bunker get it wrong when the whole point of the bunker is to have senior officials in there who get these calls right?
  24. B-Train

Rumour Taylan may bulldogs

Breathe Joel...
  25. B-Train

Official Gus on Twitter

It's so great having the banned crew back. We all missed these agenda driven rants that hijack every thread and don't stay on topic at all..
  26. B-Train

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

It was an unfortunate play but nothing can be done about it. We had lots to complain about with the Kikau no try, the Mutilano try, Taaffe getting taken out mid air, Kikau called for a high shot when there was no contact etc. But this incident isn't on that list in my opinion..
  27. B-Train

News Saint, sinner, shoosh: Canterbury Bulldogs boardroom drama as former director is disqualified

They must really be desperate to be trying to manufacture this into some sort of drama.
  28. B-Train

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

It was an accidental head clash... If we were defending and our player was penalised, binned or suspended for that, then we'd all be losing our minds.
  29. B-Train

3-2-1 Round 2 vs Sharks

Kurt Mann deserves special mention for his cover defence and hustle plays last night. Especially the 1 on 1 strip after they made a break which was a huge play.. I said fans would appreciate him because he's a competitor. He's proving that so far.. Mann and Curran have added a lot of heart and...
  30. B-Train

Rumour Kautoga late inclusion?

He should have been picked last week. In the trials he was the only one putting shots on and striking fear into the opposition. Whether he does that in FG is another thing but hopefully he can add some of that off the bench as we badly need some physicality.
  31. B-Train

Scott Vs Leilua - Boxing

If ever you wanted a double KO, this would be the bout to have it happen.. Both of them are fuckwits of the highest order..
  32. B-Train

News Toby Sexton Selection Headache for Coach Ciraldo

Even if this is a fake article, it's still ten times better than any of that shit from the Roar and the other crap articles that get posted..
  33. B-Train

Opinion Francis Molo ?

He's a solid prop but he's not worth close to 600k or paying big money for.. Someone like May who is still young and has massive upside is worth that money but it looks like that ship has sailed and he'll probably stay at the Roosters.
  34. B-Train

News Bought not bred: Stray Bulldogs have lost their way by losing sight of what made their club great

What's that got to do with this article that you posted and what was the motivation for posting it in the first place? At least stay on topic with the article you posted and address the bullshit they wrote about if you're going to start a thread about it..
  35. B-Train

News Bought not bred: Stray Bulldogs have lost their way by losing sight of what made their club great

Anyone who continually posts these pathetic Roar articles that make zero sense should be permabanned.. This article is all over the place.. They said Blake Wilson is a local junior. He's from QLD.. They also ignore that we won Matts and Flegg last year and soon will have a production line of...
  36. B-Train

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Surely Kiraz and Tracey swap.. Curran will play 55 plus minutes off the bench but he should start over Salmon so we have more size and aggression to start the game. I'd prefer if Tracey replaced Taaffe with Xerri moved to the centres and Kiraz to the wing..
  37. B-Train

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

Not much Ciraldo does makes sense
  38. B-Train

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

Burton is a huge part of the problem and it's massively concerning how little he gets involved. It's hard to have faith in him anymore.. I think Mahoney is an even bigger problem though and he gets nowhere near as much blame as he deserves as he handles the ball more than anyone and takes dumb...
  39. B-Train

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Ciraldo insisting on having them play one out every tackle of every set, even when we're chasing points is so frustrating. Mahoney is already overdoing it and going down the wrong side too often. The only positive was that the goal line defence and defence in general is a lot better but the...
  40. B-Train

NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

The Celtics were also on a 11 game winning streak and still have the best record in the NBA by miles. But let's focus on a 1 point loss to the 2nd best team in the East instead..
  41. B-Train

News Bulldogs re-sign in-demand forward on three-year deal(Max King)

Hopefully we get official confirmation soon but I never doubted that King would be anywhere but with us next season..
  42. B-Train

Opinion Red hot reggies

It's a very strong Reserves team with a good combination of experienced players and young players with a big future in FG like Papalii and Todd etc. But let's not go too crazy, the FG lineup would smash this team..
  43. B-Train

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

I'm not confident going into either.. United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Villa is a tough draw. But it's exciting to have those big games so late in the season in a tight title race..
  44. B-Train

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

I'm sick of Parra owning us for the past however many years. It used to be the other way around for a long time.. Their side is beatable, but their massive pack could be the difference. Which will give Moses, Brown and Gutherson quick play the balls. If we somehow prevent that, we win.
  45. B-Train

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

A better result for Arsenal would be a draw between City and Liverpool. Then you'd be top of the table with a win with far superior goal difference..
  46. B-Train

United should honestly ban Ten Haag from doing press conferences. The shit that comes out of his mouth every week and the pure delusion is embarrassing for a club of their stature.
  47. B-Train

NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Don't forget Ingram, Randle and Lonzo (before he got hurt) Stil, they got the title after trading for AD, so it was still worth it for them..
  48. B-Train

I think Foden needs to be ahead of Saka in the pecking order. Hopefully both play though. Fodens versatility can be used against him at times.. He can start on the left and float to central positions like he does for City..
  49. B-Train

Good comeback by City.. As I keep saying, Foden is one of the most underrated star players in the world. He's in brilliant form. Southgate needs to build the attacking setup around him and Bellingham..
  50. B-Train

Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

The results and table position are fine. The performances haven't been though. Especially defensively. I think Stones being back into form is almost as important as De Bruyne and Haaland being back. But yeah, they're lucky they're still 2nd despite being average most of the season.
  51. B-Train

Our current form is shit. We drew with Chelsea and have had to score late goals to beat bottom 10 teams lately. I still expect us to thrash United though.
  52. B-Train

To be honest I didn't. I'm just poking fun. But I read that they initially said 8 minutes would be added and that Forest players, staff and owner were all livid. It's great for Liverpool but that'd be a tough result for Forest when they're in a relegation battle. Be honest though, if you guys...
  53. B-Train

Only 10 minutes of stoppage time... Nice.. I thought according to Liverpool fans the league had a conspiracy against them..
  54. B-Train

News 'I still pinch myself': New Bulldogs skipper Stephen Crichton to emulate hero Sonny Bill Williams

They're milking this Critta captain story for all it's worth.
  55. B-Train

News Eels v Bulldogs: Sivo suspended; Star recruits ready to go

Only 9 threads on the main page DJDeep.. You can do better than that man.. Hopefully you find a few more Roar articles to post..
  56. B-Train

Your Round 1 Team?

No.. But he provides good service and makes a million tackles without missing many. Whereas Mahoney has ordinary service, overdoes it in attack and misses too many tackles...
  57. B-Train

Official Sam Hughes contract extension

Hughes could have a huge year if he can stay healthy. There are tonnes of minutes available and he has the upside to have some big games.
  58. B-Train

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

I've been saying since we signed him that I don't think Taaffe is a FG starter and is a backup option..
  59. B-Train

Don't waste your time bro.. If you say he wasn't horrible and still has things to improve on, somehow you're jerking off over him... Meanwhile they'll ignore any good things Burton does or all of the bad things the other halves did and the flaws they have in their games.
  60. B-Train

According to our fanbase Hutch and Sexton are better than Luai and Cleary...
  61. B-Train

They definitely wait for him to fuck up and then pounce on that, ignore any of the good things he's done and say "see, that's why he should be in the centres", or "he's so shit.. We'd be better off with Hutch and Sexton in the halves" which is laughable..
  62. B-Train

He's just trying to buy himself more time and win over the fans and owners. Thing is its transparent as can be and will have the opposite effect. United fans would probably rather hear honesty and him rip the performance and say we need to bounce back against City etc..
  63. B-Train

Fulham were all over them and could have scored 3 before half time. They were the better team all game and deserve the result. Ten Haag's excuses and comments after losses like this are embarrassing to be honest. Just admit when the other team is better and move on. Don't tell everyone how...
  64. B-Train

2024 Pre-Season Challenge Week 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Even if Penrith did get robbed, they've benefited from years or favouritism from the refs and always having the ball for the past few years due to the stupid six again rule. So I won't be feeling too sorry for them. Bad calls aside they still should have beaten an average Wigan team full of NRL...
  65. B-Train

For sure. Plus goal difference. Arsenal's recent run of 20 plus goals in their last 5 games or whatever it is could decide the title.
  66. B-Train

They've held up well so far and have great depth and spirit within their squad. I think it will go down to a 3 way battle on the last day either way.
  67. B-Train

I know but you'll get a few back in the coming weeks and even despite that, you guys look more dangerous in attack and way stronger in defence and more consistent than City.. Even at full strength, City have looked very average since the Chelsea game. Bournemouth deserved a draw in this game..
  68. B-Train

Sorry, just saw this post.. As I said, it's not an easy run, especially with the shaky form we're in
  69. B-Train

We've still got Liverpool away, Arsenal at home, Spurs away, Villa at home and the Manchester Derby.. So it's not the easiest run home. Especially when we've only scored 3 goals in our last 3 games against Brentford, Chelsea and Bournemouth.. And can't keep a clean sheet.. I reckon Liverpool...
  70. B-Train

News Trial Takeaways: Problems abound for Dogs after Sharks loss (Roar)

No more Roar articles please DJDeep
  71. B-Train

He took way more tough carries from in their own half with Penrith.. He had 20 games where he ran for 140 metres or more, with 3 games of over 200 metres. I'm hopeful he will come good, but there's things he can control and do better in attack and defence that have nothing to do with Burton...
  72. B-Train

So you'd prefer a combo of Hutch and Sexton? And ignore how bad Taaffe was? It wasn't Burton's fault that Taaffe had 4 errors. We'd score way less and win even less games with a spine of Taaffe, Sexton, Hutch and Mahoney.
  73. B-Train

Yeah I had my doubts about Taaffe going into the season. I don't think he's a FG fullback and he hasn't done much to prove otherwise so far. Hopefully when Tracey is back he slots in there.
  74. B-Train

Taaffe has played in the front line a few times and he couldn't handle the physicality and was targeted massively defensively. I think Taaffe is either a fullback, a bench utility or in Reserves..
  75. B-Train

I'm not throwing anyone under the bus. He needs to play better. As does Burton. It's the half's job to help set up tries and line breaks for the 2nd rower but it's not all on Burton if Kikau has multiple games where he doesn't do much or gets below 50 metres. It can't always be all Burton's...
  76. B-Train

Yeah I understand that's the reason for the extra scrutiny. It's the same in any sport for any hyped player on a hefty salary.. Still though it's like he can't win sometimes. People hammer him (and rightly so) for bombing too much and not varying his kicks and he nails a great chip kick with...
  77. B-Train

Would we be better with Sexton and Hutch as a halves combo though? Or any other combination without Burton in it? Not including our youngsters who aren't ready yet, there are no other viable alternatives that are going to make us better or more of a threat in attack. Also, I don't buy this he's...
  78. B-Train

Zane tetevano signed for 2024

Fuck that's horrible.. I can't get behind signing anyone that's had this history of abuse towards women. Disgusting behaviour.. Hopefully it doesn't happen.
  79. B-Train

The amount of plays he wastes in the attacking 20 with settlers to forwards that have four defenders on them is so frustrating.. He did it all of last year too.. Both halves, whoever they are, need to give him a spray when Mahoney is doing this.. Even when they had a man in the bin, we kept...
  80. B-Train

Player Stats from the Sharks Trial

That's a pretty big discrepancy. Fox do their own stats. NRL are the official stats
  81. B-Train

I don't know what's happened. I thought he had a pretty decent first season despite the circumstances and showed his potential as a half, especially once Potter took over and we started playing more attacking footy. He's regressed since then and had a bad year last year. Maybe some of that was...
  82. B-Train

His form going back to last season is a problem. I'm not denying that. I just think people have it in for him so badly that they blame him for almost everything and ignore other players bad performances.. Even with a lack of a halfback or fullback around him, he needs to play better.. I thought...
  83. B-Train

Opinion Only Positive

Our attack is still a mile off but the pleasing thing from the first two trials is that our defence is miles better. Even when we're missing tackles, the scramble and cover is good. We're defending our line a lot better except for Wilton's try.. Hopefully the improved defence continues once the...
  84. B-Train

He only had 15 metres according to NRL.com
  85. B-Train

Don't know where these stats are from but most of them are wrong.. Burton had 47 metres.. Xerri had 171 metres. Wilson had 156.. Preston had 97.. King had 134.. Maybe the OP should watch the game another 5 more times to get the stats right..
  86. B-Train

That and Sexton was running around like a headless chook when he was on last night.. Hutch was shocking last night.. Taaffe was horrible.. I know people don't like Burton and I understand he's a frustrating and disappointing player that isn't living up to the hype but like it or not, he's our...
  87. B-Train

Question for the Burton haters (the whole forum), take him out of last nights game and do we all of a sudden score 40? People wanting a combo of Hutchison and Sexton in the halves have no clue and somehow ignore all of the fuck ups those players make and the flaws they have in their game.
  88. B-Train

I love how Burton is the scapegoat for everything on here.. Not saying he played well but he certainly wasn't responsible for everyone dropping the ball all game either. He put in a great kick for a repeat set (that wasn't a bomb for once and was a chip kick), put in a nice kick for Fox that...
  89. B-Train

He had 43 metres, not 14..
  90. B-Train

News Ciraldo’s bid to unleash ‘bulletproof’ Dogs; pre-season standout to watch: ‘24 Verdict

There are only 8 threads started by DJDeep on the first page.. Pick up your game man..
  91. B-Train

News Sam Hughes contract extension

Good news. If he keeps playing like he did in the first trial then I'm sure he'll earn an upgraded deal before this new contract expires..
  92. B-Train

Opinion BELMORE SPORTS GROUND UPGRADE

We're getting the centre of excellence or whatever it will be called built on the hill at Belmore. In terms of a complete rebuild to increase the capacity, I doubt it will ever happen. We're a better chance of getting a new stadium built at Liverpool and even then, that could take ten years or...
  93. B-Train

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

People are overreacting way too much to Curran starting on the bench. Salmon was great in the first trial. Curran could start off the bench in round 1 and still play 50 plus minutes like Cotter, Matterson etc did at their respective clubs in previous seasons. Relax...
  94. B-Train

Changes to field goal rules.

Great.. Just what the game needs... More intervention from the Bunker and new ways for them to fuck things up..
  95. B-Train

The goal difference Liverpool and Arsenal are improving with these thrashings lately could prove all the difference at the end of the season.
  96. B-Train

Rodri always steps up when City need someone to make a play.
  97. B-Train

How did Haaland miss that header? Of course we're struggling against Chelsea again..
  98. B-Train

Plus a few goals Conceded directly from him giving it away a few weeks in a row. Too bad it wasn't a permanent deal. No one will pay 2 cents for him now