Search results

1. Chris Harding

News Team Tips Round 6-Bulldogs make mass changes

We need Crichton in the centres. The team fell apart after he was moved to fullback. I'm going to be away in the NT, so won't be able to watch the game - probably just as well.
  2. Chris Harding

Momentum changers.

Determining the result would be too obvious, but things like first penalty, try scorers and infringements are possible to rort.
  3. Chris Harding

Momentum changers.

I think it would be hard to determine the outcome of a game, but certainly things like first penalty, try, goal are possible to tweak.
  4. Chris Harding

This will make you feel better

Well said. A great post. I reckon three years and we should start to feel that the team is ready to threaten for a top four spot.
  5. Chris Harding

This will make you feel better

And they have the Cowboys this week.
  6. Chris Harding

Momentum changers.

Do you think we'd have those tries awarded to us?
  7. Chris Harding

Momentum changers.

No profit in letting the favourites win.
  8. Chris Harding

Momentum changers.

And two of their tries were suspect. One looked like it was lost before grounding, the other appeared short of the line from all angles, yet the Bunker had no hesitation awarding them. It reminded me of the Warriors last year when Johnston was shepherded over the line for the winning try.
  9. Chris Harding

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

The Roosters had already chalked this up as a win. The shock of losing to a bottom of the ladder team has affected Robinson's judgement of Young's foul. He thought it would be a walk in the park.
  10. Chris Harding

Momentum changers.

Storm can get away with it. We'd have someone binned.
  11. Chris Harding

Momentum changers.

Chooks had something like 70% possession in the second half. If you have the ball, being a man down is not a problem. But, we failed to make use of the overlap. For some reason the Dogs wanted to take on the Roosters forwards, instead of getting the ball out to our backs.
  12. Chris Harding

Thought this might interest Kennelers

It won't copy properly. I can't get the footage of the Warriors try from the article. You can view it without having to pay. If this was Usain Bolt, it’s an obstruction. But can you pick one when you see it? ByDan Walsh April 2, 2024 — 11.30am Within minutes of Dylan Edwards running into...
  13. Chris Harding

Thought this might interest Kennelers

Have another look at the Warriors winning try, and see if you agree with the ref and bunker. NRL 2024: Do you understand the obstruction rule? (smh.com.au)
  14. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

He broke our hearts in 1967.
  15. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

So, this would have been Moore Lane?
  16. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Lawson wrote of the hardship of people living in the bush. Banjo Paterson wrote of the romance of outback life. Lawson lived the experience, at one stage working as a ganger on the Blue Mountains railway line. Paterson was a bit of a toff who loved cricket, tennis, and fox hunting...
  17. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

These were the K Class ferries, for the Milsons Point run, before the bridge was built. They could carry 2,000 passengers. Kuttabul was used as a barracks for sailors at Garden island during the war. She was torpedoed by a Japanese mini submarine.
  18. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

A Railway Refreshment Room. These were common in major stations in the country. There was one at Campsie. The best example was the RRR at Wynyard - now long gone
  19. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

The large buildings from the Milsons Point bridge construction site are visible under the bridge.
  20. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

You are correct. It is near Civic.
  21. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

The last steam ferry in operation.
  22. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

I used to work in the ticket gates back in the Moore Park days. It earned me just enough money to take the family on holidays later in the year, after I paid 50% tax for a second job.
  23. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Hume Highway.
  24. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

5917 - Kiama Picnic Train - is in front of the middle water tank.
  25. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Check out the Picnic Train website. They sell USB sticks in the shape of 5917. Shop | The Picnic Train
  26. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

That building is the oldest railway station building still in existence in NSW. It dates from 1856, and still stands, although now fenced off, on the eastern side of the station.
  27. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

The only known photo of a train on the Woronora Cemetery line. The line ran from just south of Sutherland station. Up until the 1970s you could still see where it branched off the Illawarra line. Before the motor car was a common convenience, people travelled from Sydney to the bigger...
  28. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

This looks like a group of spectators. There must have been a big event at Bondi on this day.
  29. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

They are the "Gangers" (trackworkers) who looked after that section of line. In the old days. The "trikes" were for inspecting the line. The gangers and signalmen lived at their worksites in homes or tents, with their families. These are their families on an outing. They controlled the...
  30. Chris Harding

Opinion Our forwards

Souths forwards are no slouches, either.
  31. Chris Harding

Opinion Our forwards

Shame that we still wanted to go up the middle when we had a two man advantage on the edges.
  32. Chris Harding

Opinion Was Taaffe targeted?

Taaffe caught him out with his running style. Young simply threw out an arm as a reaction when Taaffe looked like getting around him. No thought and no plan in it.
  33. Chris Harding

We said playing good and losing is still not winning.

And possession. We were starved of the ball in the second half. When we finally did get it, we scored. The Roosters have a champion team. Give them that much ball and they'll beat anyone. Being a player short doesn't much matter in attack.
  34. Chris Harding

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

And the Roosters having possession 70% their way. We had the same in the first half and scored 26-0 They had the possession in the second half and scored 26-4
  35. Chris Harding

3,2,1 Vs ourselves

I like what Mann has brought to the team.
  36. Chris Harding

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

We had them down to 11 men, and Both Hutch and Mahoney wanted to play them up the middle, where they were strongest. The ball should have gone out wide to run them off their feet.
  37. Chris Harding

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Didn't work at all. In fact, it killed our attack.
  38. Chris Harding

A wins a win

And we failed to use the overlap. Played them in their forwards instead of moving the ball wide.
  39. Chris Harding

A wins a win

We lost something in attack when Chrichton went to fullback. The second half should have seen us run the Roosters off the ground.
  40. Chris Harding

A wins a win

Went to sleep. Roosters had 70% possession, but we decided to run the ball up into their bigger forwards, instead of using the overlap. Can't understand why we didn't try to run them off their feet.
  41. Chris Harding

News Team changes late mail vs Roosta

That's a pretty formidable Roosters side. I can't see us getting even close to worrying them.
  42. Chris Harding

News 'I wouldn't have come here': Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo forced to respond to uncomfortable Gould rumour

In some ways I get it. The team won't evolve if it is changed every week. Maybe we need to just wait and see if something clicks. All it needs is for passes to stick, and players to back up a break.
  43. Chris Harding

News 'I wouldn't have come here': Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo forced to respond to uncomfortable Gould rumour

This is supposed the building year where results start to happen. Not looking good, so far.
  44. Chris Harding

The rain might mean we will only be beaten by 20 instead of 40, I guess.
  45. Chris Harding

News ‘He’s not an NRL halfback’: Buzz’s Bulldogs call amid club’s 1-3 start

I guess it's irrelevant. The Chooks will towel us up, anyway.
  46. Chris Harding

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

Murray is one of the best milkers - taking dives then remonstrating with the referees. Pretty good at dishing out the dirt when the ref's not looking. He is a great player, but needs to get that out of his system.
  47. Chris Harding

Round 4 Press Conference

Our greatest bias is the draw. Every year we are pitted twice against the top eight teams. We start the year with at least three of the top four, and struggle to get a win. We suffer injuries and suspensions from round one onward. It happens every year. Refs are not inclined to look kindly at...
  48. Chris Harding

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

I note how Roosters fans were given an excuse for booing Latrell, but Bulldogs come under the hammer - even though the article states that Mitchell was cited for his tackle on the Foxx. I didn't like that we booed him, though. It is putting us in a poor light and, as this article shows, the...
  49. Chris Harding

Round 4 Press Conference

I agree. I just don't think that the NRL will go down the path of awarding wins. They have been very good at stripping teams of points.
  50. Chris Harding

Hutchison lacks speed. Terry Lamb was slow, but had that rare ability to create a gap for players to run through, then follow them in support. Hutch obviously hasn't the ability to bring players with him when he breaks through the defence. He tries it all by himself, and is caught almost...
  51. Chris Harding

Maybe, but everything he said is true. He wasn't criticising for the sake of it. He was telling us the awful truth. In fact, he sounded like most contributors to the Kennel.
  52. Chris Harding

Round 4 Press Conference

All they would do is strip the winning team of their two points, and neither side gets the win. Hurts both sides.
  53. Chris Harding

Round 4 Press Conference

But we have some tough teams coming up, with little chance of snagging a win. If we suffer more injuries or send offs, we will be in the same situation as last season. By the time we face teams that we have a chance of beating, we'll be without our best performers. Happens every year. We...
  54. Chris Harding

Round 4 Press Conference

I'm surprised that the referee didn't call time out when the clock failed to stop.
  55. Chris Harding

Opinion Mitchell late contact on Addo Carr

We even allowed them to run out first at the GF, so they could ring their damn bell. And all the thanks we got was criticism for taking too long to run out.
  56. Chris Harding

Opinion Mitchell late contact on Addo Carr

If you look at our games this year - every team that has played against us, has lost their next game -Eels, Sharks, Titans. So Souths may follow the trend.
  57. Chris Harding

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

And he is a relative of Sutton who was the Bunnies captain for many of our Easter losses.
  58. Chris Harding

Mahony and Hutchison are too predictable, and hold the ball for too long.
  59. Chris Harding

Or try Taaffe at half. He can read the play, has an accurate pass, and speed to get out into the clear.
  60. Chris Harding

Lawyers have turned the game into a farce. Anything above the chest is now a concern that the NRL will be sued for player brain injuries a decade after they hang up their boots. Look at the tackles that went on in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. The game would have been halted almost every tackle under...
  61. Chris Harding

Opinion Referees

We had 56% of the possession, and were camped on their line for 17 tackles without posting a point. We should have won, despite the referee.
  62. Chris Harding

Opinion Referees

I was referring to Latrell Mitchell. Hard to stop when going in for a tackle to stop a try. The other Mitchell used his shoulder on Preston, which seems to be OK if you are carrying the ball.
  63. Chris Harding

Opinion Referees

Seems that the judiciary agrees. "Mitchell, meanwhile, has been charged with Dangerous Contact for the tackle on Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr on the stroke of half-time."
  64. Chris Harding

Opinion Referees

Plus the media has been awash with sympathy for the "poor Bunnies" for the entire week. Souths are everyone's favourite team, and are looked after. Travel the world, as I have, and you'll find Bunnies caps and T shirts in every corner. No-one dares say a bad word about them without being...
  65. Chris Harding

News Ciraldo’s telling response after hip drop drama strikes Easter Friday clash... again

The optics of Morrin's tackle would have caused a riot in the stands had he been left on the field. I honestly thought that Sutton was going to send him off. Ten in the bin was a much better result for us - and we kept them to 2 points for the entire ten.
  66. Chris Harding

Opinion Referees

They did catch Murray the Milker at his usual trick when he made his captain's challenge - and dismissed it. I put the loss down to two players - Hutchison and Mahony. Both stifle the attack with poor reads and trying to do it all by themselves instead of getting the ball quickly out to our...
  67. Chris Harding

Opinion Referees

I was worried that it would be a send off. We were lucky that it was only a sin bin. Mitchell's hit was an accident, pure and simple. We had more than enough opportunities, but we were hit with that double whammy that always sets us back - two players off with injury, forcing players to play...
  68. Chris Harding

I can only think that he is there for his defence, but I'd give Taaffe a chance to see how he'd go. Taaffe set up a great try by being able to read that the defence had come up quickly, and there was an opportunity for a kick behind them. How many of our "playmakers" have that ability? Taaffe...
  69. Chris Harding

The T-Rex of halves, with the same speed off the mark. Terry Lamb could get away with lack of speed because he was smart and could read the game. Taaffe has shown his ability to see what's in front of him and set up a try. He also has speed to burn. What he lacks is size for defence, but is an...
  70. Chris Harding

Opinion Referees

Yep we had double the penalties that Souths received, and were camped on their line for multiple sets. There were times when I expected to see us penalised for hold downs, and we got away with them. I thought Sutton was very fair to us. We lost because Hutchison has no speed to take...
  71. Chris Harding

Dissallowed Kiks Try

Similar try was disallowed in the Cowboys/Broncos match last night. It's happening in every game.
  72. Chris Harding

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

I have to go out, to a family thing. Won't be able to watch the game. If we win, I'll watch the replay.
  73. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

I was the rep for 3801 Limited who took the Scottie up there. I got my 7 year old son onto the footplate.
  74. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Indian Pacific.
  75. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Back in the days when both sets of railway tracks existed. Trams on the Northern Beaches line (Peninsula Railway) on the right.
  76. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Premiers.
  77. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

First trams over the harbour bridge, posing for an official photo. This was the Northern Beaches line, which was supposed to go to Mosman, Manly, Narrabeen, Frenchs Forest and Pymble. When the budget was cancelled, it was decided to run the North Sydney trams across the bridge to Wynyard...
  78. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

The first Hawkesbury bridge. The span has been floated on the high tide from its construction site on Dangar Island. It was fabricated in the UK, shipped to the Union Bridge Company in Brooklyn USA where the holes were drilled for the locking keys, then sent to Australia for assembly. The...
  79. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

We have a million of these Edmondson card tickets at the ARHS.
  80. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

I was on that tour.
  81. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Now the Cahill expressway.
  82. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Battery powered tram.
  83. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Camden station.
  84. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

I worked at the Bank of NSW Royal Exchange Branch.
  85. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Round top 36 Class. Must have been a special train by the number of kids looking on.
  86. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Fort Macquarie was actually a fort then. Before it became a tram depot, and the Opera House.
  87. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

That is JJC Bradfield in the foreground.
  88. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

A Bucyrus excavator. I used to take tours through the tunnels that "sweep round to the left".
  89. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Lavendar Bay station entrance is next to the coupled E Sets.
  90. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Deep fried ice cream.
  91. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Bebarfalds Corner.
  92. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Como
  93. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Funnels of one of the "sisters", Dee Why or Curl Curl, at the wharf. You can identify them by their offset funnels - one in the middle and the other to the side of it. Circular Quay station finally under construction. The girders from the Hawkesbury River railway bridge construction site...
  94. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

The carriage is a CCA car. In the one car there was first and second class smoking, first and second class non-smoking, and a guard's compartment. This was a great trip. The crews were friendly, and a cab ride was always allowed.
  95. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Trams for Cabarita, Mortlake and Ashfield had to pass under the railway bridges. When the suburban lines were widened to six tracks, an extra bridge was built on the southern side of Burwood station. To allow clearance for trams, the new bridge is higher than the other two. This meant...
  96. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Maruya granite for the pylons.
  97. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

Top points. Zig Zag.
  98. Chris Harding

Images/Photos

I often got a cab ride on the Camden line. It was a real "I think I can" train, sometimes making a couple of runs to get up the grade with a loaded van of milk from the Nepean Dairy company. Good hamburgers at the milkbar by the station. If only Narellan and Camden still had their railway.