Search results

1. I

Semi-final intensity?

I think that has become evident after our start to the season. We matched it with Storm down there and were unlucky. The teams we’ve beaten are all low on the the table except Rooster. Most teams that have beaten us are top 4 though (Shark, Panther,Storm). I think we can expect to win against...
  2. I

Semi-final intensity?

This is something else I thought while watching. Especially the first 15-20 minutes there were no stoppages iirc. The ref was letting things flow and ignoring what might be penalties etc, in other games. I am fine with that, just wish there was consistency across all refs, but it’s interesting...
  3. I

Semi-final intensity?

I saw the same comment by a punter but didn’t see that watching. Until we let in one of the most patheticly soft tries, I saw it as a good game of chess. Both teams were well matched. In this sense I suppose that’s final-esque, but the quality of footy was a bit inconsistent and bad in patches...
  4. I

Rumour Bulldogs set to Sign Angus Chrighton

100% …they bought Fifi as a luxury and because they could. Penrith were far more needy of an elite forward but I didn’t think they should have wanted him either since prop is where they need to focus with Fish leaving. I’ve seen their fans saying Martin or Sorensen to prop, but I don’t see it...
  5. I

Opinion Skelton

But you said he was gone! Rooster also have Mark can’trememberhisdifficultsurname coming from RU next season.
  6. I

Opinion Skelton

Rumours or opinions stated as facts smfh.
  7. I

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

FUCK. HIM. OFF
  8. I

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

You’re not giving their defence enough credit. I’m not saying Kiks was at his best, but he made some strong charges and looked dangerous, but they defended him well. Alamoti was solid. He is ok defending front on but we needed to test him on his outside. As we saw last season he is shockingly...
  9. I

We need to throw some balls back under because the oppo defence knows what’s coming when we go wode. Get Kiks steaming onto it back on the inside.
  10. I

The story is so done to death and it’s not even remarkable. We have a WHOPPING 4 players from them. I’m not counting Tetevano since it was ages since he played for them and will unlikely play first grade for us. We also have a former Panthers assistant coach. Since when did 4 players and an...
  11. I

Two tries a piece and we didn’t even play well. Had some opportunities missed too with Xerriks forward pass (which was correctly ruled imo) and JAC’s kick straight to Edwards and Mahoney offside on that kick after making a break. Penrith weren’t great either, especially after Cleary went off...
  12. I

I have been extremely impressed with his recent form. Back to the level that saw him play for Australia. Chooks will probably re-sign him though. Train and trial - $30k.
  13. I

David Fifita set to meet with Penrith Panthers

They are now well and truly OP in the forwards, but time will tell how their backline looks next year. Any other cap compliant club you’d say way too much value in the pack, not enough in the backs, but it’s the Rooters so…
  14. I

They simply can’t play all of them in first grade. Off the top of my head their backrowers are; Tupoinuia, Radley, Crichton, Wong, Whyte, Butcher x 2 and now Fifi. 8 into say 5 positions (3 starters and 2 on bench) doesn’t work. Obviously Fifi is an upgrade on most of those though, and a couple...
  15. I

Ead Panfuhs hahaha so good to see when I saw so many fans thinking they were gonna win 10 in a row with Fifi. So stupid from Rooter though when they have a great backrower still not re-signed. I’d take Angus over Fifi tbh. Hard as nails and a worker. The recent Bronco game, he was their best...
  16. I

Warren Smith the new Buz.

That shit-eating grin he has… ous ous
  17. I

Would absolutely love this signing! Angus is flying under the radar while the Fifita circus is in town. Roosters apparently offering Fifi a deal while a better player is right under their noses! Not only that, they re-signed so many lesser players before him lol. Wtf are they thinking...
  18. I

‘Small ball’ and a rugby league revolution: Are the Bulldogs back?

There’s a few on here been playing with their small balls…
  19. I

Warren Smith the new Buz.

I can’t remember such an over the top reaction to something so mundane. The way fans and some commentators are going on about Reed, you’d think he’s saying some truly awful things to get players agro, when in reality he’s just making it clear he won’t let teams walk all over us. He doesn’t have...
  20. I

To all the people saying dogs got the wrong assistant.

It’s not cocky to say fuck the doubters, about us getting the worst of the two Penrith assistants too. I’m all for it. The circle jerking about Webster’s success in his debut season was nauseating and the comparisons with our coach, despite having completely different quality squads, was...
  21. I

Penrith is awesome… …if you like traffic, methheads and bogans.
  22. I

News 'I haven't done anything wrong': Phil Gould to challenge $20,000 NRL fine

Feed ‘em Gus! Them fining him is simply saying they can’t handle the truth! How many other people involved with clubs say critical things about the NRL?! Plenty I would think.
  23. I

Sam hughes contact with badger

Fought the Sammy Hughes “dangerous tackle” and lost, so doubt they try again.
  24. I

Did Reimis Smith even get cited?!? That was touching a ref on the breasts ffs.
  25. I

It was a reflex action. His focus was on the attack the whole time. He sensed her there, but may not have even realised it was the ref. Touching a ref happens a lot, yet the charges are few, and most are just incidental like this anyway. I can’t see us fighting it though since we can pay the...
  26. I

Niggle is now outlawed. Fuck the woke agenda!
  27. I

Err, that’s sexual assault!
  28. I

She’s in a bad position, Tigers go left then quickly shift right. Hughes has to change direction to account for this and does the natural thing when he’s about to collide with the ref by bracing for contact. If he hit her with any force she would have tumbled. Nothing in it as usual.
  29. I

Opinion Reed Mahoney

Probably still traumatised from being knocked senseless by Jamie Goddard lol.
  30. I

Opinion Reed Mahoney

That was soft as baby shit! Oh but the poor widdle tiggers got shafted. Pfft as if.
  31. I

Opinion Reed Mahoney

I will explain… people disregard reality and just say what fits their agenda. The agenda is somehow about how terrible Reed Mahoney is, when you had grubs like Seyfarth try to take Kiraz’s head off and Klemmer, Bateman et al all giving the ref a mouthful. No no no, what really matters is how...
  32. I

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Similar to the one Morrin was denied iirc. Grounded short then rolled his arm over it. I was happy to accept it though as it wasn’t clearly a knock on.
  33. I

How many wins will we have by round 10?

Winner winner chicken dinner!
  34. I

Mmm more yoghurt…
  35. I

Lol aged like milk.
  36. I

Yep, very happy with how we started using our best quality (defense?!) in attack in the second half. With our line speed and strong hits, they never looked like scoring. Sad and pathetic Tigpie fans reckon it was the ref though lol. Good luck with that attitude.
  37. I

Sharpe is way better l one of the best refs tbh. It’s got nothing to do with gender. Btw, Badger has been awful in the bunker too. I have never seen a ref treated so belligerently as she was tonight. She needed to stamp her authority early and probably would have avoided how heated it got. But...
  38. I

Tracey in for Taffy and Sexytime in for Hutch next week and I’ll be a happy pup! Sexy surely earnt a promotion after his game today and being in good form lately. Taffy can take Heyward’s bench spot.
  39. I

Tbf I thought most of our backs looked sluggish. Xerri when supporting JAC after Burto chipped it for him on halftime should have run away I thought, but he was running like it was a wet track. The bye almost cost us tbh.
  40. I

She lost control of the match early on. Had several Tigers come at her aggressively and let it go. Paid for it in the end with the way they misbehaved late in the game. Wasn’t she demoted after her last game for us? Or was it her last game but different teams?
  41. I

I was going to mention this. Other neutral fans too lol. Must be getting back to our old selves because we are getting hate again! We got some lucky calls but also got bs ones, like no bin for the hipdrop or potential try scoring situation (Naden penalty) on Xerri.
  42. I

I forgot to say that any win from a refereeing shitshow like that should be applauded. The ref was out of her depth and let the Tigs carry on for so long, it ended up with them pushing her over the edge a d the crap that happened before the sin bins. The way she let Bateman talk to her was the...
  43. I

Happy to come away with the win today. I knew Tigs would be up for it and was worried that we’d be flat after coming off a bye, and it’s exactly how the first half played out. What has won us games is our intensity and line speed. It wasn’t there in the first half but thankfully they switched on...
  44. I

Lloyd Perrett suing Manly for training collapse - the floodgates have opened

Dude, you are so far off here… his physical condition is irrelevant, because they should have accounted for it if it was an issue. The fact is, they overtrained them in dangerous conditions (heat) and it probably cost one life and almost another. This has nothing to do with being mentally weak...
  45. I

News ‘Put the house on it’: Viral NRL conspiracy says Bulldogs to win 2024 premiership

Surely even science can’t ignore this pattern?! 5 decades and counting. It’s happening people! Haha
  46. I

Lloyd Perrett to sue Manly over life-threatening seizure

I’d say the opposite, not that I want to be thinking “oh yay Lloyd Perrett almost dying makes us look way better”. Fact is though, afaik there was never any imminent danger of JT dying, like in LP’s case. The toll on mental health etc by JT is still valid, but I’d say almost dying from a...
  47. I

Lloyd Perrett to sue Manly over life-threatening seizure

This, unlike our case actually sounds like gross negligence and far more serious. Life and death sort of serious. On the other hand I’m surprised it hasn’t happened more often. I wouldn’t be surprised if this “torture training “ is a common thing, but perhaps the ley issue with Lloyd was the...
  48. I

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Anasta spoke very highly of him too. Not just a hardcore trainer but a top bloke who cares about his players according to Braith.
  49. I

State of Origin would be cruel and unusual punishment in this context lol.
  50. I

Lloyd Perrett suing Manly for training collapse - the floodgates have opened

Manly are well and truly fucked. One player dead and another close to it, from regular training exercise. Eta: Simple solution, kick them out and bring back the bears!
  51. I

Official Cameron Ciraldo Press Conference: Round 9

For sure it’s way more enjoyable reading the forum with all the enthusiasm. Call me crazy but I can’t ignore that uncanny stat of us losing then winning every alternate grand final each decade since 1974. Surely it can’t be coincidence! 5 decades so far! If it happens this year…. whoaaaa.
  52. I

Or, are they (JT and co.) placing normal work environment standards on an abnormal work environment? Just spitballing here, but if you were an NRL player, what allegedly happened was not remarkable or unusual. Like Jammer, Anasta and numerous other ex-players have said, but if you pretend that...
  53. I

Official Cameron Ciraldo Press Conference: Round 9

Tbph I am amazed at the huge swing in optimism around here. People talking about premierships and shit lol. I always note the positives when we lose, but I’m tempering my expectations. I will say though, the players recruited have all pretty much done what was asked of them and proven why they...
  54. I

Link to Magnussen comments? I just watched NRL360 after reading the reactions in here. Not as dramatic as expected but some very telling comments, especially Braith saying he was told by 4 or 5 players that were there on the fateful day that they couldn’t believe how JT has reacted to the...
  55. I

I was thinking about how this mentality may have come about for JT and when you look at his history, of playing Australian school boys and junior origin, it makes me wonder if that junior rep experience made the realisation that he may not fulfil an NRL career, may have been very hard on him...
  56. I

I don’t think they said anything wrong tbh. They were saying how it is and has to be for the elite players to be at the required level. They also said it’s not for everyone. Imo, if a player has issues, the environment is better than ever for them to come forward. There’s no shame in putting...
  57. I

Fittler coached him in u19 SOO?! I just watched the clip from the footy show with them discussing it and I don’t remember him mentioning anything about it, which is strange if he had such a relationship with JT. What they said is basically the same view of the situation, as I’ve had from the...
  58. I

How do you come back from this?

It’s similar to the shellacking one of our girls teams dished out recently. Not nearly as many points but 60-0 win by our JF boys yesterday too. When there are beatings this bad, I feel pity and sympathy because it’s like the loser is playing a different sport or something. It’s reminiscent of...
  59. I

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

Is that Shaun Johnson’s music I hear?
  60. I

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

I would be amazed if they are not negotiating a new deal for him. No way in the world would they want to let him leave. It’s probably like several other player re-signings we’ve made in recent times, where it just comes out of the blue. King and Kiraz come to mind.
  61. I

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

Wouldn’t work well with prime Wally Lewis ffs. From the day Ilias debuted I have thought he was never going to anything other than mediocre. Oh and btw, I’d have Sexton over him any day.
  62. I

Yep, just to reinforce my previous post. For better or worse that’s where the sport is at currently. I don’t know about others but since the 2000s I have been amazed at how brutal and hardcore NRL has become. Year on year it gets tougher and faster. The players of the 70s, 80s and even further...
  63. I

I know. I was just explaining from my experience of how mental health issues may be involved and in what way. I’ve said numerous times that a lot of what these guys have to deal with as professionals goes against what “normal” people would be used to. That’s why this is an intriguing case...
  64. I

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a lot of fatherly concern for his son being unfairly treated (in his eyes) and yeah, things snowballed from there. Could easily imagine that chain of events. Perhaps even the threat of biggest law case or whatever he said, made Jackson think he couldn’t face...
  65. I

I think it’s important to respond to this point specifically. I’d say yes it’s possible that there’s a “trigger”. Someone may have mild symptoms, but then an experience such as the one reported could cause PTSD. I can imagine it happening. What you said about losing a gf or job is also true...
  66. I

I’m not a doctor, just had varying levels of mental health issues for most of my life, so I have a lot of experience in that way. In my experience it can range from just being unhappy and discontent in life, to being in a constant state of panic of impending doom. It’s actually one of the worst...
  67. I

Riding unregistered dirtbikes

The difficult thing is afaik kids trail bikes cannot be registered, so the only legal options are probably private property or bike riding parks. I’ve been to a couple of those. One near Cattai is good if you’re in Sydney.
  68. I

One thing I want to mention re: this idea of “piling on” the mentally ill. To me it’s completely irrelevant horseshit. If you knew me, you would know how much I empathise with anyone who suffers, BUT, two things… 1) We only know of vague claims of mental illness, nothing concrete, and.. 2)...
  69. I

Riding unregistered dirtbikes

Of course they can! Any unregistered vehicle is considered the same. With small kids you’re more likely to be let off with a warning, but are still liable if an accident occurs. I’ve heard of people (possibly teens) being fined when riding unregistered on fire trails. Also, one group rode off...
  70. I

Opinion Did Dogs fans boo Hutchison

It will be 2025 before we know it. Maybe not for KO as he’s young and it’s only when you get older that the years fly past lol. But the point is, it’s already nearly May ffs so he hasn’t got too long to wait before hopefully resuming his NRL career.
  71. I

Also, just to reiterate, most, if not all the legal claims by Topine’s counsel could easily be claimed by ANY player. NRL training by it’s very nature is physical abuse tbh. But they sign up for it, that’s the thing and what’s written in their contracts regarding this, will be interesting. The...
  72. I

Eh, better to happen during the bye imo. No potential for it to disrupt the team on game day. Either way this was a probability we saw coming months ago. Unfortunate for all parties tbh.
  73. I

Nah bro you got it wrong. Kramer took the deal for a year’s worth of free café lattes the moron!
  74. I

Only in your mind pal lol. You’re the worst but you’re so delusional you actually think you’re good. Jokes on you as can be seen by all the reasonable users that disagree. You have the shittest takes but are so headstrong you think you’re this enlightened thinker.
  75. I

I’ve seen less aggressive comments re: Coffs from opposition fans! Fucking disgusting and shocking that a so-called dogs fans would say such a thing. Fact: Several players admitted to having sex with one woman on the same night. Unseemly but apparently something that was/is fairly common in...
  76. I

Yep Tyran is Reimis fahjah.
  77. I

Incredible Turnaround in Defence

Oi, what’s wrong with the Wahs?! They were awesome yesterday handing Titties their first win bwahaha
  78. I

On the flipside, they probably overrate Storm who have had only 2 away games. In 2 of their home games (maybe more but just off the top of my head) they only just got the win at the death. Versus us and Wahs. This can also be seen as a good quality though. The point is, without looking at the...
  79. I

Sounds like they’ve tried and he won’t talk to them. I feel sorry for him too, because I assume a lot of this is lawyers blowing smoke up his arse, but I would be surprised if he didn’t hold some blame. Hell, he may even truly feel the club did him dirty, but a lot of the details make him look...
  80. I

Can’t even recognise that it’s him lmao. “Nathan was allowed to belt my face off”! - Luai probably.
  81. I

The most interesting part of this whole saga is how it shines a light on what most would consider cruel and unusual treatment in the workplace, but that which has been a part of NRL training for yonks. Ask anyone in the armed forces though and they’d shrug their shoulders. NRL isn’t war though...
  82. I

This just makes him look far more incompetent as a manager. As if you wouldn’t be made aware of this? I mean it can be the fault of player and/or his lawyers, but in that case, there’s clearly an issue between the player and manager.
  83. I

Manager sounds hopeless tbh.
  84. I

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/15f5842c-4a4b-406d-a421-5ac4b8156c1c
  85. I

TIL @Doogie still participates on TK.
  86. I

A couple of things from the latest article.. 1) Why did he return to training after the incident if he was so traumatised? They’re suing for all these extremely serious charges like “deprivation of liberty“ and “corporal punishment“, yet he came back to the club. If it was as bad as they claim...
  87. I

Souths have conceded a whopping 35 ppg so far this season lol
  88. I

Last season we conceded an average of 32 points per game!
  89. I

I was just curious about the best defensive teams so far, as our points conceded looked decent for the 7 games we’ve played. I did the sums and I’m pretty sure we’re currently 4th best in defence, with the Sharks, Storm and Penrith the only teams better so far, in that order from worst to best...
  90. I

Hey at least we don’t have Foran anymore. Legend has it he is still in the process of taking a field goal.
  91. I

Many Knights fans in the area? They may have been booing Hutch being taken off lol.
  92. I

Australian Political Discussion Thread 3.0

Fuck twitter! It’s like a different world where everyone speaks in twit. It’s the forum equivalent of human excrement and only miscreants need it.
  93. I

Yeah same as my thinking and it’s interesting looking at the difference between how he and RFM have behaved. Now, Ray wasn’t subjected to this type of punishment as far as we know, but after a period of disagreement with the club, he’s moved on and is doing fine at Drags. Him allegedly being a...
  94. I

From one Jackson to another, whatta ya reckon Josh Jackson thinks of this?
  95. I

Seriously?! I didn’t read it but to bring up what only resulted in allegations after 20 years is ridiculous. No wonder so many dopey fans of other clubs still mention it. Someone should remind Buzz how his Sharks team destroyed a woman in 2002. Funny how no one ever mentions this, ye some...
  96. I

That’s why I can’t see it having much validity. I don’t know the specifics though, just what has been published and rumoured. It’s not the first time a player has sued though. One of the recent ones was James McManus...
  97. I

This is the tricky part. As far as I’m concerned, unless there were previously known about conditions then the club is treating the players the same. I don’t know that for a fact but let’s assume. Now if this incident was the first time Jackson had mental distress, then as long as the club...