Search results

1. B

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

Do you know what happened to Bailey ?? .... when himself and Todd were playing SG Ball together there wasn't much between them. Very interested to see how he is progressing.
  2. B

Only 109 against in 9 games .... very good at this level where teams usually concede a few more points. 2 from 3 against the Panthers at their joint .... with a narrow loss in NRL. Very pleasing weekend.
  3. B

Excellent post mate .... you have summed up the situation very well and provided accurate insights. Keep it up ...
  4. B

Opinion The 6-agains and Penalties hurt Big Time ..

I actually think it is a perception we have as a club. The whole Super League saga ..... it never would have got off the ground without us .... we were the one big traditional club that went over. Animosity still exists. We have had some pretty brutal forward packs over the years who didn't...
  5. B

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

Josh Jackson, JMK, Flanno, Perham, Hughes bros ....
  6. B

Thats a fantastic stat .... wouldn't happen to Penrith all that often. There wasn't a whole lot in that match last night. Look forward to the next meeting.
  7. B

As a team we missed 59 tackles .... at no stage was i thinking our defense was in massive trouble. Penrith managed to get the ball on the line twice .... JUST. Edwards and To'o in slippery conditions are going to break tackles. We probably missed May running sideways ten times during the game...
  8. B

Mate they made THREE line breaks .... we need to put the missed tackles into perspective.
  9. B

Sexton was probably best on the park in reserves for 2 weeks in a row.... must be applying some pressure. Fantastic kicking game both in general play and for goal. Never missed a shot including a couple from the sideline. However, though Hutchison was solid again tonight .... moved the ball and...
  10. B

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

Couldn't be prouder .... GREAT EFFORT. Not sure many teams would have walked away with only a six point loss considering the penalties and six agains. Too much is made of the missed tackles ..... it's will always be high due to the way we defend. We can miss three in one play, and NOTHING...
  11. B

All forwards were very good, shout out to Underwood, a real quite achiever this kid, good size and plenty tough .... just like in first grade they employ a fast-moving line and limited The Panthers go forward to under 30m on numerous sets. Cook's service out of dummy half was first class ...
  12. B

News Inside The Fall And Rebuilding Of Canterbury's Matt Burton As A Playmaker

Half the forum and The Bulldogs brains trust .... at the beginning of pre-season the plan was Hutch and Sexton with Burton at center. Hutchison was signed to cover 5/8 and half .... many at both the club and outside viewed Burton as a center including the likes of Terry Lamb and Cam Smith to...
  13. B

Iconic NRL Teams | The Story of the 2012-14 Bulldogs

Possibly the best individual season i have ever seen in over 50 years of following footy. Imagine the team we could have had with Barba, SBW, and Thurston in their primes. Still hurts to think about it.
  14. B

To all the people saying dogs got the wrong assistant.

Webster getting a career year from Shaun Johnson was huge. Imagine how good we would be going if we had Johnson circa 2023 in our team at present.
  15. B

Opinion All’s Quiet on the Jason Taylor talk ?

JT played a role in the Hutchison signing .... coached him at Norths/Easts. Probably not what most want to hear. As the attack coach he would have plenty of say regarding who plays half.
  16. B

Also, the defense has been at its best when Haywood and Morrin have been on at the same time. On many occasions with have held teams to 30/40m sets. Both have blown me away with how effective they have been. I was one of many who thought our pack was going to be WAY too small this season ...
  17. B

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

I realize that ... just disagree.
  18. B

Not Ole ... we were just as bad at the end under him .... one win from his last 7 games, including 0-5 to Liverpool and 1-4 to Watford. Many of the same players still around who downed tools on him. Wouldn't mind one of the other legends with Sir Alex for a one off. What do we have to lose...
  19. B

Kiraz likely out

Will be a very interesting game .... both teams play a similar style and i am expecting a real arm-wrestle in a hostile environment. If our big names perform to their best, we can compete with anyone in my opinion ..... Hoping Tracey is fit, he is vital. Our pack has more than held their own...
  20. B

Sam hughes contact with badger

Hughes put his hands out to avoid barreling her over .... What is he supposed to do ?? Fark me .... The NRL is entering CLOWN WORLD.
  21. B

For us to have any chance against Penrith we HAVE to limit the yardage from their back five .... not an easy task. When we have a set line we have been defending as good as any team in the comp. This is going to be one hell of a wrestle for field advantage .... as we all know Penrith are the...
  22. B

Gerard Sutton SHAFT'S The Bulldogs Again

This is the THIRD hip drop against us this season which hasn't resulted in a sin bin .... two were not even awarded penalties. Preston .... Whighton. Fox .... Papenhuyzen. Curren .... Seizer. Off the top of my head every other such tackle this season has resulted in a sin bin.
  23. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Agree 100%
  24. B

Official Gus on Twitter

Who is the better player at a particular age matters little in the scheme of things .... At this point in time Woods is an excellent attacking player with genuine pace but with MILES of work to do in defense ...... To be frank he was pathetic defensively in the GF on Saturday .... absolutely...
  25. B

Opinion Did Dogs fans boo Hutchison

You said it .... FRONT ON DEFENSE, it's very good and hard to get from traditional halfbacks .... Hutch is playing a hybrid 7/13 in my opinion .... Stats can be deceiving in defense .... we missed 35 against Newcastle and they barely made a break. I prefer to know who was run over the top of...
  26. B

We ALWAYS struggled against you lot when we were good and Liverpool not so ... It's still the biggest game in British football. Trouble is you had the 5-0 and 7-0 (where EVERY conceivable chance fell your way) in previous seasons .... law of averages
  27. B

Opinion Skelton

Good point and for the RIGHT player for sure .... However, i would be very disappointed to lose him as i mentioned above he has improved out of sight. I think we could have a VERY good player on our hands .... much better than i initially thought. That no look pass the other day was brilliant...
  28. B

Opinion Skelton

Shift him from wing to the backrow for 20 minutes in reggies for a few games .... see how he handles the defensive load. If he goes well, he could be handy off the bench .... having someone to cover for an outside back/edge who can provide big meters with impact could be very useful moving...
  29. B

Rumour Sexton hunted by Raiders

Who knows if he has a niggle but i have thought the same regarding his pace .... might just be getting a little heavier as he matures?? I have always wanted to see him get some time in the halves .... appears to have the mentality and the skillset for it. As with others we have mentioned the...
  30. B

Stat dive - defence analysis

These defensive structures we employ are why so many had to be weeded out last season. It takes 100% commitment and very high fitness levels .... NOBODY gets to take a play off. We have gone from an historically bad defense to one of the best in an off season .... major props to the coaching...
  31. B

Yeah, the reason i mentioned Tia was because of his build .... he is pretty solid and has a very good kicking game. Haywood and Taffee to miss out .... ?? If Taffee were to get dropped does he play fullback in reserves ?? .... if so where does Joash play ?? .... ditto Sexton ?? I think we...
  32. B

Nice post .... you have hit the nail on the head about Hutchison being a talker/organizer .... Someone HAS to do it and he is also the best defender of all our options at the position .... Hutch may miss some tackles in scramble situations which skew his stats but generally speaking people do...
  33. B

Burton is a half

One of his better games for The Dogs in my opinion .... was sound in all the basic stuff which has long been my bugbear against him. Actually, took the ball to the line on a few occasions and looked good doing it ..... very promising. Defended well and looks to be growing in confidence...
  34. B

Explanation on referring decision

Agree about three but i wouldn't be surprised if we go with two ..... i think the days of three or four big men may be coming to an end. Our defensive structures require mobility, fitness and toughness .... our line speed is fantastic. The opposition forwards on many occasions this season have...
  35. B

For a start i wasn't implying Hutchison is playing better than Burton .... just saying they have different strengths and weaknesses and suggesting the coaching staff obviously think their vastly different styles complement the team more than other combinations. Hutchison has played all six...
  36. B

Nothing to do with blind faith mate ....
  37. B

HUH ??? ...
  38. B

Not talking one game .... and i'm stating the fact that the coaching staff know more than you do.
  39. B

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

His last game in reserves was top notch as well .... give him space and his blistering pace is very hard to handle. Meaney who is no slouch himself was all at sea trying to defend him ...
  40. B

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Good win in Ball .... very good attacking display .... 5 wins in a row scoring at least 40 points ..... Really like the additions of Fing and Tatupu .... Backrowers Alatini and Spinks are a force .... Halves directed the show beautifully .... big futures. Not sure if intensity was down due...
  41. B

So, i can only assume all the punters on here bagging Hutchison honestly believe they are smarter than CC and the coaching staff .... Delusion runs deep amongst the usual suspects who must have a scapegoat .... It's Perham, Flannagan, JMK, Jackson, Waddell etc ... all over again ...
  42. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Obviously not fully fit .... has carried a quad injury since pre-season.
  43. B

Come on mate we have defensive gurus on this site who know EVERTHING about the systems in place .... Rember all the CC is an assistant and CC can't coach defense calls .... HAHAHA
  44. B

Fair enough, but CC and the coaching staff obviously see things differently to you as well .... At least for the time being.
  45. B

Or we are even better than most think .... We have a very physical defense ...
  46. B

Burton is a half

You have been sitting on that comment for months .... just biding your time .... haha gotta laugh. I can promise you Hutch and Sexton WAS very much being considered by the coaching staff over the pre season .... Hardly hilarious ... You see it's the little things like Burtons three momentum...
  47. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Pretty much ditto for me as well mate :laughing: .... Fucken hell ....
  48. B

Hutchison obviously has some warts but at least he straightens the play, often poking his nose through the line and gets quick play the balls .... Very good defensively most of the time and kicks 0K in general play .... He is a decent enough player until someone better comes along ....
  49. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

The first half was brilliant both in attack and defensively .... plenty of positives to work with moving forward. It was 18 nil before they were down to 12 ... Second half was always going to be difficult even against 12 .... winning is still a long way from being ingrained in us yet. Most...
  50. B

Probably right on all points mate ..... a real cumulative effect. He most definitely overplays some ...
  51. B

As with all things United ..... who the fuck knows? ... it's amateur hour from top to bottom ... Mate my blood pressure is through the roof after watching my teams play today .... can hardly type !
  52. B

Yep .... we are a mid-table club at present and it should be a lot worse .... we have been dominated in every game this season bar a few .... Unless the whole joint is blown up, we will remain rubbish ..... I would rather get relegated with a team of kids than watch another minute of this...
  53. B

That's why i want everyone bar a few of our kids fucked off ....
  54. B

Been happening for years mate ....
  55. B

Please .... i hate looking at him ...
  56. B

Just watched the game .... I mentioned last week how much of a mind fuck United are to follow after conceding less than a minute after scoring for the umpteenth time this season .... this week 3-2 up with a minute of injury time to go .... Fuck me .... I'm numb .... If The Dogs get screwed in...
  57. B

If we get Southgate i'm becoming a Wimbledon supporter .... Do they still have a team ???
  58. B

As i said before mate i have no clue .... I love Mourinho the personality but think his time may be up .... What i would like to see is United going young, just blow it all up .... Appoint someone who is good with youth ... Klopp ??? ... :grinning::grinning::grinning:
  59. B

Can't disagree sadly ... I can only hope the new part- ownership can change things ..... it's all i got at the moment ... Not holding my breath though ...
  60. B

Please mate .... i don't want to contemplate that we are worse now compared to when Ole was in charge ...:rage::rage::rage:
  61. B

I'm still spewing mate .... more so after watching a replay .. We should have won by twenty .... combination of average footy and some sort of curse hanging over us .... we can't get a bounce let alone a 50/50 call from upstairs .... Can you imagine how i feel having to watch United later on...
  62. B

I feel your pain regarding the most overrated player in Bulldogs history as well mate .... i really do.. Would like to have been a fly on the wall in your joint when Burton and Salmon were fucking things up ... What a piece of ball playing that was !!!
  63. B

I have no fucking clue who i would bring in mate. ... unless there is a massive cleanout i don't think it matters. The funny thing with Ten Hag was you could see something initially but as seems to happen to all of our coaches it goes rapidly downhill. I backed him for as long as i did because...
  64. B

Me neither .... shows how fragile and soft the club is. No desperation whatsoever ..... pathetic. Was hoping for a lift after the FA cup result .... but we were worse than ever .... I genuinely dislike certain players .... watching games at present is an odd experience for me.
  65. B

Following United has to be the greatest MIND FUCK of all time .... On the verge of the most underserved win of all time and what do we do .... concede within a minute of scoring for the umpteenth time this season. These players are SOFT .... keep the kids and fuck the rest off .... coach...
  66. B

Agree about number 15 he was really good ..... made an impact from his first touch. Know anything about him ??? Had to look twice at Matelle (sp) thought TPJ had returned. Tia has a FANTASTIC kicking game ..... very well might be the best at the club .... i thought he was the Roosters best...
  67. B

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

I can think of three this year alone ... Saab in Vegas which was missed/ covered up, Tedesco, the wide angle shot clearly showed him look at Teddy before kneeing him in the head... to know one's surprise that angle was only shown ONCE. Fox on Friday when the fat prick once again looked before...
  68. B

Payback 100 years in the making

Cheers mate .... much appreciated.
  69. B

Payback 100 years in the making

Only converted 11 from 19 tries .... could have easily cracked the ton. Does anyone know if we have bought the best under 19's talent with a view to playing in the main competition next season or we just have a gigantic team steamrolling smaller girls. They have scored 468 points and conceded...
  70. B

News Preston Injured

Seems as if all that "duty of care" dialogue from the NRL last week has been forgotten by all and sundry .... Any hit to the head, no matter if accidental has been deemed a penalty, unless it happens to us ..... Funny that !
  71. B

Yeah, he is scary fast ..... i think he was only going at three quarters for that last try and still made them look pedestrian. Set up three tries showing good hands/instincts as well .... Defense was always going to be the hardest part of his game to get up to scratch .... More decision...
  72. B

Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

The standard of officiating has become embarrassingly bad .... and that is coming from a very low bar before the season started ... CC complaining last week resulted in the little red headed prick issuing 3-9 penalties and every 50/50 against, despite us winning 32-0. The same little red...
  73. B

Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

You champion Rashford ...:laughing:
  74. B

Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Fucking Rashford ....
  75. B

Official Nsw Cup trial Team List

Backrow for sure .... appears to be pretty willing and has the required size.
  76. B

News Bulldogs' bark is worse than their bite: Defence needs mending as Ciraldo gambles with star recruit in make-or-break year

Centers often have to deal with numbers and their decision making to slide or jam is crucial. We were shocking in that area last season with Alamoti in particular constantly being found out.
  77. B

News Bulldogs' bark is worse than their bite: Defence needs mending as Ciraldo gambles with star recruit in make-or-break year

I think it is making a comeback of sorts .... Not that long ago it was a glamour position with some of the best players of all time playing there.
  78. B

I'm sure some of the NRL refs like getting their mugs on tv.
  79. B

Just doing a little research on SLOAN ... he had SIX clubs chasing him ..... Indigenous u/15's team last year .... I had never heard of him until two weeks ago. Need to spend more time on this part of TK where all the smart people are :D I doubt there is a better front row pairing in the Matts...
  80. B

Yeah, those two backrowers were terrific .... it looks a very well balanced team. Spot on about the ref, he let it flow without all the nit picking stuff we often see.
  81. B

Just finished watching The Matts game .... what a demolition job our forwards performed on Penrith. Rarely have i seen a Penrith junior team so overmatched .... some of those tries from us were five-star quality. Whole team were excellent .... Halves directed the side around with plenty of...
  82. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Agree about the jersey ..... we need those famous blue shoulder saddles back.
  83. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Thanks Wendy :grinning:
  84. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

What were you thinking @Tassie Devil ?? I'm only surprised he didn't hit the crossbar .... dude must be the unluckiest footballer on the planet as far as hitting the woodwork goes.
  85. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Me neither :worried: What were you thinking when Darwin lobbed the keeper rather than squaring it to Jota ? .... haha
  86. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Still ...... you get the drift.
  87. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

I thought Alverillo was good in attack and average defensively .... CC was in a pretty bad position for a rookie coach last season .... i am 100% behind him.
  88. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Come on mate .... you have played high level sport. You know lots of variables and intangibles go into the selection of teams, that the average fan is not aware of.
  89. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Thing is mate, there a reasons behind decisions that you are not privy to .... everything isn't black or white.
  90. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

I'm a little confused .... are you referring to the Polly who posts on TK ?
  91. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

That's one situation and in hindsight you are correct .... however, Perham was third in meters gained in the entire NRL whilst playing fullback. With Fox, Averillo, and Alamoti part of a back five, and a team in general lacking go forward, i can understand the logic behind playing him even if...
  92. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Where do you get this 2 months+ stuff ? ... last season was a vastly different situation .... We actually have options this season.
  93. B

2024 Bulldogs AGM

That's harsh ... I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table. What is it about him that you dislike so much ?