Search results

1. O

Josh Morris Club Announcement - Off to the Sharks

Suit yourself. One thing that I have been cured of after putting up with plonkers like you is I am never sharing any information I have ever again. So enjoy sitting there and whinging and bitching about all the things you don't know about. Meanwhile I am out of here and I will be secure at least...
  2. O

Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Souths - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Are you talking about the play the ball where he puts his foot on the but it doesn't roll? If so it was one of the weakest penalties I've seen. Before he got hurt he was running with intent and speed. He was tackling fine and positionally was where he needed to be. Getting beaten by a centre who...
  3. O

Double Movement

Ha. I love my cricket as well but the NFL always has something going on whether it be on the field or on the screens. They even have continuous updates of all the other games going on. You just have to look at it differently and it is a great game. It's part chess, part gladiator, part war game...
  4. O

Nick Meaney - 2018 Consolidated Thread

Exactly. You don't put a player in to fail. I mean i know the Knights have won 5 out of the past 7 premierships and so missing out this year is no big deal in terms of Brown's career......I can see why he would just throw some plonker in. I mean who cares, right.....
  5. O

Believe what you like mate. I can only tell you what the club has told me. I have no reason to think they are lying, maybe you do. Until something they have told me turns out to be incorrect then I will continue to accept them at their word. They told me we were only an outside chance of keeping...
  6. O

Double Movement

Giants. Went to a game at Metlife in October. Had a great time. 85000 fans all having a good time. Rock concerts in the walkways. Just 3-4 hours of constant hype.
  7. O

I didn't overlook anything, you just rabbit on about how many FB's they have lost since JC was their fullback and then wrap it up by saying they had no options. That is just bullshit and you know it. They have several options all of which involve experienced FG players who have played in the...
  8. O

Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Souths - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

It was his left shoulder so that would mean he would have to defend with his crook shoulder.
  9. O

Salary cap what is it ?

What's grey about it? It is pretty simple and straight forward. Not going to go over it again for the hundredth time but the rules are as simple as can be. If a club rorts the system that's a risk they take and as Melbourne found out they lose their competitions and get fined massively for it.
  10. O

Resign the (PRINCE)

Maybe now, just maybe some of you are realising just how shot our cap is. The issue isn't whether the club wants to retain Martin and Lewis its about whether they can find any money to offer them a contract. Now that Woods and Mbye have gone we just may have something in the kitty to retain them...
  11. O

More waffle mate. The Knights only have one FB on their injured list and that is Ponga. In fact they only have 5 of their 30 injured so they have 25 to pick from and they picked Meaney. They could've brought Ross into the team to start, the most likely should have been Watson to FB and Lamb or...
  12. O

Bulldogs nearly traded Brett Morris

Wise words indeed. Thanks for your help.
  13. O

Double Movement

Games go for around 2.5 hrs not 4 but I agree with you we couldn't play league like that. Fatigue is a critical dynamic in our footy. It is irrelevant in theirs. BTW when you go to a game it really doesn't seem that long. Lots happening at the ground.
  14. O

Double Movement

I follow the NFL too and go to games in the US when I go over there. Love going to the games. the setup is just so different though to NRL. There are 7 refs/linesman in NFL. We only have 4. There is a stoppage after every play so stopping to review footage doesn't impede the play as fatigue...
  15. O

Double Movement

Sorry mate but you have it around the wrong way. You seem to assume the ref doesn't have a clue and that is the reason why he sends it upstairs. Now in maybe 1% of cases that may be true and in those cases he will invariably rule no try and get the bunker to check. In all the other cases he has...
  16. O

I'll certainly be interested that's for sure. Even if he doesn't do well at least it shows the Knights rate him as well so there is a positive already. apparently there are a thousand good FBs coming through at the knights yet they have chosen to play Meaney. That's a good sign for mine.
  17. O

Never said I did. In fact I only comment on the things I have some knowledge about. That's why unlike you I don't need to revert to childish digs to make me feel better. Enjoy you day.
  18. O

Double Movement

NFL is completely different due to the rules they have and the enforced stoppages for advertising etc. They can have 2 mins between plays. NRL is supposed to be relatively non-stop and thats why the bunker can only rule on incidents relating to tries. The reason why the ref has to commit to a...
  19. O

Any Qs for a Board Member

McDonnell recruits the juniors and if you had been at the game on the weekend you could've bought the current jersey for about $75.
  20. O

Why would Brown bring in a kid who according to some on here can't tackle, doesn't position himself properly and is a long way short of being a FG player? He must be the worst coach in the history of footy.....It's not like they don't have Watson there who can do the job.
  21. O

Pay sees light at Dogs as tension eases

Nor do you have a real understanding just where the players are at physically and mentally. Anyone can throw a dart at a bunch of pictures and hit the right one every now and then but when you are accountable it demands you have a much more scientific approach to it. Lewis probably wasn't ready...
  22. O

Any Qs for a Board Member

I can answer your second question now. Junior development has done a 180 in the past 12 months with McDonnell and his team recruiting a lot of good young players including kids from Keebra Park who are currently playing in our junior grades. His view is the kids are the best group he has ever...
  23. O

Salary cap what is it ?

It's actually $9.1m with additional allowances taking it up to $9.4m this year and $9.6m next year.
  24. O

Hook turn time - The Positives!

No I didn't see him but if Pay put him there and still didn't want to use him what does that tell you....... At the end of the day I guess we are arguing over woulda coulda shoulda, but didn't. If Pay doesn't use a particular player I can live with that. He sees them every day and reviews all...
  25. O

Well if ever we needed proof that HIA's and shoulder charges being banned were important, this thread has just shown how much damage playing footy does to people's brains. I'm getting a headache just trying to follow this rubbish.
  26. O

Mate, no there won't. The money for the Morris' and Eastwood was already spent next year. The ratchets and backenders on those still remaining swallowed them as an entree. All that was without even thinking about keeping Martin and Lewis and whoever else is coming through. The Mbye/Woods money...
  27. O

Nope. Money already committed, plus BMoz's money as well. If we had kept them we would have to dump someone else or not have a shot at resigning players like Martin, Lewis etc.
  28. O

Well even if that were true and I doubt it is, what was he going to do when he got there, trip him?
  29. O

And he can't get over his injury in 7 days? He hasn't got cancer, he's got a problem with his shoulder. May well be soft tissue. I don't know and I doubt the club is going confess his injury to the world.
  30. O

No, I don't believe you.....
  31. O

Well I did say he was only an outside chance. BMoz less than that......
  32. O

Why we name lots of players who don't play on the day.....
  33. O

No it wasn't. We kept them out for the bulk of the game. It's just the combination of fatigue and a supercharged, nothing to lose all out attacking team coming at us with options that stuck. It only needed one of those passes in the last 8 mins to find the ground and we were home. Just one pass...
  34. O

But Lewis isn't a centre either. Yes he's played a couple of games there but he came into Fg as a half. There are very few players in the NRL who can genuinely play more than one position and even they struggle. We seem to be forgetting the quality of Croker, Whitehead and Cotric. You don't get...
  35. O

Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Interesting to see Mbye at the game on Saturday night having a few beers and watching the boys. Some of them came over to him and said g'day so clearly they all get on pretty well even after he has moved on. Reynolds was there as well but he was dressed up so I'm guessing he was doing a...
  36. O

There's a big difference between being happy your team has won a game and proclaiming them title favourites. Not many on here were looking to cash in their winning after the Cows game on the result of the GF. I hate people who only have two views those being the team we are playing are rubbish...
  37. O

Viewing next year, the year we compete for the 8

Mate I know you watch the reggies a fair bit, but Harper was like a ghost on Saturday. Apart from goal kicking I wouldn't have notice him even being on the field. Bergamin - yes I like the look of him. Woolford doesn't seem to have stepped it up yet either. Thought he was pedestrian in a winning...
  38. O

Well the way it was dangling at the ground he either did his shoulder or he developed cerebral palsy after 10 mins. It was hanging there and he could hardly move it. The Raiders took a shot at him straight away and he couldn't stop them. Even the commentators noticed it. Not sure why you didn't...
  39. O

Did he have a clue when we scored 3 tries in 10 mins early in the second half or did his "clue" leave the building as he was walking down to the sideline thinking we were going to win? Just asking..... These clues are hard to find sometimes. Do you have any to spare? You seem like a bloke who...
  40. O

Double Movement

Lot going through the refs minds these days. He has to consult with the pocket and the touchies, call time off, signal for a review then give a decision. I think that sometimes they just forget to do one or other of the elements and the refs boss gets in their ear literally and reminds them to...
  41. O

Because Watson and Pearce don't get on. That's why Watson left the Rorters - to get away from him.
  42. O

Wasn't worth worrying about financially. We may have saved around $200k but that would be all. Both their contracts expire in October anyway and their money has been committed to other players.
  43. O

Honestly, I don't think it was about Holland, he was waving when it first happened to come off. I think the decision was that even with one shoulder Holland was better than Brown in that position. Brown is a half/hooker. He wouldn't know the first thing about defending in the centres...
  44. O

Yes mate, I get your point. Maybe Brown would've gone OK maybe he wouldn't. He is not a centre and is not used to defending in the position so it is just as likely we would've leaked the same if not more points down that side. I still remember JJ getting a bath when they threw him in there and...
  45. O

Double Movement

Why is it a rort? If there is no bunker the ref has to rule. He rules a try. End of section. With the bunker he tells the bunker he is going to give a try unless they find a damn good reason for him not to. In this case they couldn't find a damn good reason so his ruling stands. It really can't...
  46. O

Maybe but Holland was on the right.
  47. O

So you weaken a key position like FB by putting Brown in and that helps? Playing a cameo in the reggies doesn't make you a FB. He's a half/DH nothing more. Not only that we then have no-one to replace Lichaa who went off with a HIA, but would've gone off anyway at some stage. That would've left...
  48. O

Michael Lichaa consolidated thread

Haven't seen a lot of him TBH. I know he was injured and out for a long time and has only been back a few games. The thing is the reggies is just such a step down. Before he got hurt yesterday even Montoya was looking strong and we all know how he goes in FG. I hope Woolford builds up his form...
  49. O

Round 17 - Bulldogs vs Raiders - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

That's OK just an assumption I guess as most are comparing the two. I have it in the back of my mind that Pay actually resigned him when he first came on board. Des clearly didn't rate him towards the end. Dropped him, had him on the bench and then finally brought him back at the end and he...
  50. O

How the F did we lose that one?

You are prob right but I just remember seen the 14 running around while Lichaa was out there. I wasn't paying that close attention though.....
  51. O

I'm not down on Lewis, in fact I think he has lots of promise. It was more about people getting worked up about him being the next GOAT like we did with Mbye. Mbye is a good footy player, not a superstar, but still good. Lewis promises to be at least as good but let's not put the weight of the...
  52. O

He deserved to get dropped because he was just tackling and nothing else but he is back running again going OK. He was up against prob the No 2 hooker in the world yesterday so the comparison is a bit tough but he still went OK. Didn't miss tackles, made plenty of runs and we scored plenty of...
  53. O

But FG is the elite level not the development one. You don't run 11 secs for the 100m and then get to go to the olympics because it will make you run faster. Woolford needs a Havili like performance to show he is worth the effort. Even though Lewis has been variable in the reggies he has shown...
  54. O

Viewing next year, the year we compete for the 8

We won't have BMoz, only a maybe on JMoz. So that means Holland is one centre and Smith is one winger. Elliott will be the first forward picked and if Pay finishes the season with Lichaa I think he will start him next year as well. He doesn't appear sold on Brown so JMK is more likely to be the...
  55. O

Turning Point - One poor decision.

Equally, they don't drag BJ out and we only have one tackle to defend and we win. Eastwood knocks it back rather than forward and we win. JJ stacks the left side from the kickoff and we retain possession and we win....and and and. Bottom line is we didn't. We played pretty well but didn't get...
  56. O

OK, point me in the direction of how many MOM's Lewis has won compared to Mbye..... When Mbye was in his first season we signed him for a fortune because so many good judges thought we could build a team around him. They may or may not be right today but how does that hype compare with Lewis. He...
  57. O

Fair enough, but half the kennel have been carrying on for 2 years about it....
  58. O

Look what the dogs can do when u get rid of the dead wood

Don't know if it was played on TV but they interviewed Foran at the ground. He will be back next season and is keen to rip in.....according to him.
  59. O

Seriously? Mbye is still 10x better than Lewis today. He may turn out to be the GOAT but he has a long way to go.
  60. O

Now I'm just confused. Haven't everyone been burning Mbye and Elliott because of the same thing? Now it's OK to do the same thing?
  61. O

You only replace to improve mate. At this stage that wouldn't be the case. Who knows maybe next year he might but he needs to show more to deserve his spot. We shouldn't be giving them away as a charity. Lichaa made 39 tackles and averaged 10m with each run yesterday. His passing wasn't as bad...
  62. O

Woolford was ordinary last night. He is nowhere near FG standard.
  63. O

I watched the reggies at the ground yesterday hoping to see him standout, but even though we won easily he really didn't do much. He is way behind Lichaa.
  64. O

He came off in the 26th min with a head check and came back on with about 30secs to go in the first half after Brown stuffed up so he only played about 65mins. I noticed Brown was out there later on so he probably got about 20 mins or so and did nothing.
  65. O

But the one thing no-one on here seems to want to recognise is the pure attacking brilliance of Canberra when they had nothing to lose. They put on 3 cracking tries in consecutive sets and I don't think there are too many, or even any sides that could've stopped that last night at that stage of...
  66. O

Rhyse Martin - Consolidated Thread

Credit where credit is due. I wasn't convinced that Martin was much more than another Halligan, but I watched him closely at the ground last night and he really stepped it up. Defensively he was pretty solid and well, 3 tries tells you his attack is good as well. What I particularly liked was...
  67. O

I think you finished your case before the game started. Now you are just "resting".
  68. O

Moot point really, because the bench told them to take the 2. BTW, I agree with the bench on this one. funny how we complain we don't have a kicker who can get us points and when we get one and take the points someone comes on here with some rubbish analysis to justify why we shouldn't have...
  69. O

Ogden is following the same path that RFM, Tapine, Pangai, Kikau and most other young players do and that is give them short stints every week to acclimatise them to the speed of FG and then in a season or two they become starters. He looked pretty solid last night. Gave us plenty of punch while...
  70. O

That's just rubbish. One thing that Holland has been is good defensively for the past couple of years and now he is getting crucified for not being able to tackle with a busted shoulder. He ran with good purpose and speed last night and early on was giving it to the Raiders. It was only when he...
  71. O

And we did that for most of the night. The problem though is Canberra are one of the widest running teams in the comp. Even their props run wide on early shifts. Holland was no doubt injured. It may not have shown up on TV but I was watching him waving to the trainers for help just before...
  72. O

Holland is good defender but busted his shoulder in the first half. Croker scored his try in the first half because Holland just couldn't tackle him. Prob got a needle at halftime but he was always going to be suspect and that's where they ran. Problem was that JMoz is also still busted so we...
  73. O

Nonsense. Brown got the hook because he was doing nothing then 1 metre from the line he throws a no look forward pass instead of going out the back where we had the numbers. Lichaa went OK last night. He made lots of metres out of DH and his passing was generally OK. He gets bagged for a one on...
  74. O

Mate, I was there too and you seem to overlook the fact we didn't have the ball for the final 7 or 8 sets of the game. That, plus the fact that Austin was doing what he does maybe once or twice a year while being fresh against us and we just couldn't hold on. There isn't a team in the comp that...
  75. O

Oh I don't know Brodie Croft did a pretty good job of it the other night as well.
  76. O

News Woods on BSB this morning

Sadly no........in count to 5 out. in count to 5 out. repeat.......
  77. O

Backended contracts

Yes that is true, but it has to be at the behest of Adidas not the club who may have Adidas gear. Also, in your example, Klemm can't parade around in his dogs gear selling adidas clothing. If you think about it do you recall ever seeing a current FG player selling something on TV? I can't think...
  78. O

Backended contracts

I guess it comes down to interpretation. Him steering some business clients in the direction of player managers is a lot different to him organising things. Even so whatever he may or may not have done it still didn't amount to much because we simply don't have players on big bikkies through...
  79. O

I'm really looking forward to this game after last weeks effort. Can't wait to go out to BSG watch the reggies then the FG. Can feel change in the wind with the young blokes having a crack. Bring on tomorrow night!!
  80. O

If Danny F aims up like he did last week him and Tolman should go OK then it is up to Ogden and Eastwood to keep it rolling. Up against Paulo, Lui, Soliola & Boyd so I don't think we lose too much. It will come down to the spine (as usual).
  81. O

Bulldogs forward Ofahiki Ogden’s game plan is simply to go out on field and bash blokes

Yeah I thought that was DF's best game ever. It was how I expected him to play all season but he just seemed to disappear. Hopefully now he is back and firing he will keep going.
  82. O

NRL Round 17 | Non Bulldogs Team Lists & Discussions

Stopped reading after "I didn't watch the game"..... why comment on something you know nothing about?
  83. O

So the deep breathing exercises aren't working?
  84. O

Bulldogs forward Ofahiki Ogden’s game plan is simply to go out on field and bash blokes

Sounds a bit like what Tualau was supposed to do and started to do when he first came up to FG. Hope he doesn't go backwards like Francis has.
  85. O

Backended contracts

Dude he may have provided one but I can guarantee you it wasn't worth the millions you seem to think it was worth. Top secret? Hardly, there were a few of us there when the person told us about the TPA's we and the other clubs have. You might have been able to go as well had you bothered to do...
  86. O

Backended contracts

Yes mate, but people on here think its millions, it's not its only a few hundred grand in total. We've never had big money in TPA's despite what others may have been told. BTW if Dib was responsible for them then they would be illegal....... the biggest TPA's are the Broncos, Rorters and Souffs...
  87. O

Backended contracts

That number is ZERO. You can't earn any money arranged by the club that is not counted towards the cap. The TPA's have to be completely separate and technically the players aren't allowed to even wear club gear when they do things for that money. They also aren't supposed to even talk about...
  88. O

Backended contracts

Mate, how many times do you have to be told, we don't have hardly anything in TPA's and never have had. It's all in your imagination.
  89. O

David Klemmer drops bombshell offer to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

We hardly have any TPA's that's the only issue. Everyone thinks we have millions tied up in them. Not even close. In total probably less than Elliotts annual contract.
  90. O

Yes I agree. Trouble is the only one I see on the paddock talking is Tolman.....maybe that is why Pay rates Elliott.
  91. O

Can the Tigers make the Finals after adding Moses Mbye & Robbie Farah?

But Mbye and Reynolds played in the halves together for years. Thompson was a winger with them. That's as good as it gets. 10 mins of brilliance and 70 mins of heart break. Get used to it you only have 3.5 more years of it to go.
  92. O

I think his point was more about the lack of focus and control of the team than on a single play, although the Tigers were renown for their 'hail marys'.
  93. O

I think his point was more about the lack of focus and control of the team than on a single play, although the Tigers were renown for their 'hail marys'.
  94. O

that wasn't what he was on about today, although who knows next week. Even the other 2 said that he had a bounce in his voice that had been missing all year so clearly the Dogs stuff weighed heavily on him. I think he will just talk about whoever they play/ed each week or some other controversy...
  95. O

I think you are missing the message in it mate. Look at the winners of the comp for (well forever) Smith/Cronk, Maloney, JT, Reynolds/Burgess, Maloney (again), Smith/Cronk (again), DCE/Foran, Hornby/Soward, Smith/Cronk (again) and so on it goes. You need that calm cool head to focus the team and...
  96. O

A blast from the past!

I thought someone said on here a while ago he was looking after one of the junior sides.
  97. O

Don't know if anyone else heard it this morning but Woodsy was on the programme. He does a weekly segment by phone with TK and Loz. Without getting too much into the nitty gritty I thought the one key comment he made in the interview was when he was asked about the difference when behind on the...
  98. O

David Klemmer drops bombshell offer to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

You might recall I explained the news cycle in another post a couple of months ago. So a reporter asks the player "have you stopped bashing your wife?" The player answers yes (because no doesn't help him) and then the newspapers the next day (or online media outlets as they are now) pick up the...
  99. O

Part of NSW for our purposes..... Think Daley, Stuart etc