Search results

1. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

1. Tracey. I’ve wanted that all along. Taaffe in fairness is getting better. I just wish they trained him pre season at 7 because personally I think him and Burto as a combo again could be good. I think it’s time to keep Xerri at centre now. The kid was an elite centre and with miles in the legs...
  2. Turvey Chip and Chase

Cameron Ciraldo

He has more plus’s than minus’s for me at this stage. As everyone else has virtually said, selections do concern me, but apart from that, he’s stayed the course.
  3. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Burton 6 Taafe 7 2019 U20 SOO

Thanks for that. I did mention that in a post earlier but I was wrong, I said I thought it was Australian reps. Either way, perhaps there is something there to work with until Woods, O’Neil or Conte come through (if they do). Tracey to fullback?
  4. Turvey Chip and Chase

Gus Gould, Cameron Ciraldo and Canterbury Bulldogs coaching conspiracy theories

I personally dont think Gis is meddling with the selections. They may have a chat over a coffee where Gus would give his opinion, but why wouldn’t you ask Gus if he’s there to be asked? As for telling CC he “has” to pick a certain way? No, not buying it.
  5. Turvey Chip and Chase

Gus Gould, Cameron Ciraldo and Canterbury Bulldogs coaching conspiracy theories

We are stuck now, we have no $$ for a big half if they do become available. Our hope now is long term one of Woods, O’Neil, Conte or even Oloapu (who is a 6 or 13) turn into the next big thing! The problem is the “right now”. Do we try Taaffe there? It’s probably a bit late now if he didn’t...
  6. Turvey Chip and Chase

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

So frustrating to see this team with no gamble whatsoever with an outside back or a half who show some flair. Same old Hutch and Taaffe. On the other side, spoon contenders Tigers are having a real crack with some good young talent, they were in the same boat as us, maybe worse. Dolphins 2nd...
  7. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Bulldogs chasing their tail

agree re Tracey. I think he’s our best fullback until Joash is ready. If Crighton was to become a Turbo type fullback, then ok, but that would take a FULL offseason + to get there. Not a round 4 change up. Taaffe just is t the answer unfortunately. Who knows though, he may be a better half the...
  8. Turvey Chip and Chase

Bulldogs line up round 3

Don’t know or care how they do it, but I’d want to see Xerri and Kautoga in there. Hutchinson can’t be 7. Skelton in there sooner rather than later too
  9. Turvey Chip and Chase

Team Selection Chat

Although he shouldn’t have been there round 1, I do agree, dropping him now sends a very bad message to everyone. Unfortunately now he gets 3 games at least…. I’d rather Tracey back there
  10. Turvey Chip and Chase

Team Selection Chat

That said, watching Salmon in the trials, I do think he could be a handy 5/8
  11. Turvey Chip and Chase

Team Selection Chat

TBH, I don’t mind d your team at all. Even though Burton is killing me at 5/8, I’d probably go… Tracey Kiraz Crighton Xerri Skelton (although Wilson will be picked, and that’s ok too if being fair) Burton Sexton forwards pick themselves 14 Mann 15 Salmon 16 Hughes 17 Kautoga
  12. Turvey Chip and Chase

Rd 1 vs Eels 3-2-1

pretty much this
  13. Turvey Chip and Chase

News EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould's major rebuild of Bulldogs laid bare as Fittler, Johns identify urgent area for improvement

Whilst I agree we are “rebuilding”, look at the dolphins first ever year. It does disappoint you as a fan….
  14. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Gus on Twitter

Poor Steve. I know 1st hand their battle. Our family has the same with our mother, bastard of a disease!!! I just hope Fox sports and 9 don’t do the “love in” on this great man when the time unfortunately comes. It’d be a disgrace. How he has never ONCE been in the convo for immortal is beyond...
  15. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Trial Takeaways: Problems abound for Dogs after Sharks loss (Roar)

Surely this gimp doesn’t get paid for his “opinion pieces” does he? If so, I think THAT’S where the tel question lies…
  16. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

Just praying now this bings out the best of Mahoney and Burton, because IF they play to their full potential every game, we are a much better team than experts may be guessing….
  17. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

I’m more for it than against it, however, I do have slight concerns, but I’ll trust those in the club who know more than me. The guy has played 100 games and has 3 back to back premierships, not as a bit player, but as an X-factor who lifted the team in crucial moments. If he already displays...
  18. Turvey Chip and Chase

2024 Bulldogs AGM

Personally, I don’t think Taaffe is the go, I don’t think he’s our best FB, however, he is a more than handy squad player. I think he’d get a solid job done at FB, 5/8 or half. He can play, just not our starting fullback.
  19. Turvey Chip and Chase

Missing Piece of the Puzzle

Yeah ai thought and mentioned this kid for a bit now. He’d be very good! I’d chase him, Royce Hunt, Hamlin-Uele or even May if he gets serious about a contract offer. 2 more middles would be good to go with King and Hughes with Todd coming through too
  20. Turvey Chip and Chase

Real Talk

I don’t hate Burton. I actually think there is a very very good footballer there. I know it’s only a trial, I just wish someone would shake the fk out of him, because once he “gets” it, he could be unplayable for the opposition given his size, strength and speed
  21. Turvey Chip and Chase

Your Round 1 Team?

3. Xerri / Burton 6. Burton / Hutchinson the only real contention for me. If both at their best they both start, however, I’m not quite convinced either is ready for their main position's yet. Burton man, I want to, but he really let us down yesterday….
  22. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Buzz on Twitter

Just wait until Xerri finds his feet and Critta’s in the other centre position and there’ll be ZERO talk of Averillo and Alamoti
  23. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Buzz on Twitter

Nasty nasty maggot
  24. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Player who walked out

Different situation I know, but remember, this is the same rag mag reporter who was on the Coffs Harbour blood trial too. its agenda driven by this maggot. He has ZERO concern for the kid’s welfare, ZERO
  25. Turvey Chip and Chase

Rumour Makahesi makatoa

I smell Sutton II just a little cheaper, but just as pointless
  26. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Player who walked out

What a nasty nasty nasty obsession this ALCOHOLIC old ct has with this club and Gus. surely the maggot retires soon
  27. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official RFM granted immediate release

yeah, same, but RFM was NEVER going to help that.
  28. Turvey Chip and Chase

BULLDOGS PLAYER TRADE

thanks for the heads up. Life here has been so much better with the “ignore” option hahaha
  29. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Five big questions for 2024: Canterbury Bulldogs

I think we are moving on from all this and it will soon be distant memories. What counts now is our culture and performance on the field and I think these will get better with time and will build our reputation. Gus knows the Bulldog DNA, what got us to dominate in the 80's and he is tapping...
  30. Turvey Chip and Chase

I wouldn’t worry about Papali’i or his opportunity. The club would know what they have there with him. If he’s as good as believed to be, then really, as handy as Taffe and Tracey are, they shouldn’t be able to block his ability when the time is right.
  31. Turvey Chip and Chase

Which is the young prop from Queensland we bought last year I think. They have big wraps on him also. Was that Jack Todd?
  32. Turvey Chip and Chase

Only one question there, and it’s the one revolving around our middles. It’s our biggest issue. No experience, size or depth is going to hurt, no matter how you sugar coat it. It’s a very long season. Even one injury to a guy with a little experience such as King will hurt. I don’t want to be a...
  33. Turvey Chip and Chase

Offer Made (May)

I’d definitely take him for that price. Kid Is a good middle and will add what we need. I would NOT want his brothers. We dont need another winger. We don’t need that other grub, let alone the fact we now have 5 other utilities who can do his job. Offer him a good contract. If that’s not...
  34. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Cameron Ciraldo Q&A How New Recruits Will Feature In His Quest To Make The Bulldogs A Powerhouse Again

It all sounds positive, and there is a lot to like (Critta, Xeri, Curran, experience recruits, Burto hopefully getting better), however, we can’t sugar coat our lack of quality middles. We don’t even have one standout. It’s going to be a long year without one unfortunately. Was really hoping Gus...
  35. Turvey Chip and Chase

Fave song lyric / 1 liner

It’s better to die on your feet than live on your knees or life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans
  36. Turvey Chip and Chase

Jeral Skelton

Do you think he has potential to be a regular for us?
  37. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Pre Season Training

I like the kid. He has heart, ability, and in my opinion, a future.
  38. Turvey Chip and Chase

Jeral Skelton

I hope this guy really lifts his game ( especially defense ) this year, he could be a massive positive for us this year in a team that is lacking big bodies. He could be anything. I just hope he comes on with us and not another club later on.
  39. Turvey Chip and Chase

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

that Willison from Broncos looks like massive untapped potential
  40. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Mitchell Woods secures future at Belmore

This kid looks the goods and has some great wraps. those in the know with juniors, given preferred positions and ability, will there be room for: Woods, O’Neil, Conti, Papali’i and Olopau all in 1 team when we have Burton, Crighton and Mahoney? also, can someone who has seen the. Let us know...
  41. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

Said it before, say it again, at that price, we have dodged a MASSIVE bullet in Luai. I’m so glad we missed him.
  42. Turvey Chip and Chase

Our 2024 fullback is…

I’d go Tracey
  43. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Who was your Bulldogs Idol/s when you were growing up?

Steve “Turvey” Mortimer. One of THE most overlooked footballers from the NRL of all time.
  44. Turvey Chip and Chase

Dragons and Dogs in, Roosters out of Addin Fonua-Blake race amid new Warriors clause

I’d be chasing Hunt or Uaele hard. One of them would break a contract for more. to be honest, we get blasted in media for over the cap, this Sharks team needs a real looking into
  45. Turvey Chip and Chase

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Gotta admit, I’m relieved for the money they were talking. He’s no Cleary, DCE or of that elk
  46. Turvey Chip and Chase

My Backline For trials Update.

Ffs, another burner account I have to waste time blocking
  47. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

It’s one thing wanting a similar replacement. It’s another thing having that similar prepared to move to New Zealand.
  48. Turvey Chip and Chase

"Big Money" Offer, As Rivals Try To Pinch Roosters Hitman.

I’d make a play at Braden Hamlin-Uele AND May. I want AFB but for some reason can’t see it happening
  49. Turvey Chip and Chase

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

I’m also concerned with Taaffe. I think he’s got a good little attacking game and can add value, but a lot of my mates are Souths fans, and being totally transparent, they said watching games they liked him and wished they kept him as back up, but the amount of times he got picked up and forced...
  50. Turvey Chip and Chase

News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

Hahaha. I’ve just hit “ignore” on a poster and all his burner accounts. Life here is now much better
  51. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

This signing is an absolute MUST. Any chance we can dream of AFB AND JT?
  52. Turvey Chip and Chase

News FIVE November 1 targets for every club: Canterbury Bulldogs

I would have a look at any of Rudolf, Hamlin-Usele or Hunt from Sharks. I’d also be asking Broncos about Xavier Willison even though he on contract. And North Queensland, I agree, Deardon and Luki are definitely ones to chase!
  53. Turvey Chip and Chase

Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

No deal! We need metre eating props and a 7. Matterson was a decent player but a) not the position we need and b) too many head knocks.
  54. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Good Riddance

See ya you big useless joke
  55. Turvey Chip and Chase

Luai or Mam for $1M ?

We need more of a Dearden than the other 2. Throw 900 and see if he bites. He’d be a better 7. We also need a marquee metre eater prop and also a better than average prop. Get these signings and we are looking very good. Easier said than done though….
  56. Turvey Chip and Chase

Drew Hutchinson signing

Yeah, I do agree on all that. Hands are tied, and I know you can’t just “get” anyone you want, a lot of luck is involved. I’m just concerned about so, so many of these utility value players who aren’t locking down regular spots at their current clubs. I’ll be having a few brews myself, might...
  57. Turvey Chip and Chase

Jake Turpin

^ ^ ^
  58. Turvey Chip and Chase

Drew Hutchinson signing

Agree fully. If we are going down this route of no stand out performers, then I hope they at least leave something on the training field for the youngsters to learn from.
  59. Turvey Chip and Chase

Drew Hutchinson signing

I’m having a go, and I don’t consider myself a dipshit. More so, a rusted on blue and white blooded fan for 45 years (my first memory of league being 1979). I’ve been solid through so much. Losing 4 guns to Wests. Super League losing another 4 guns in 1 hit. Salary cap, Coffs harbour media beat...
  60. Turvey Chip and Chase

Drew Hutchinson signing

Ooohh Fark yeah, I forgot, who covers Oloapu, and who is Oloapu cover for???
  61. Turvey Chip and Chase

Drew Hutchinson signing

Ffs…. Ok, so is Taffe cover for Sexton at half? Or Hutchinson cover for Taffe at half? Or salmon cover for Hutchinson who covers Sexton? Or Mann cover for Taffe, Salmon and Hutchinson, or Sexton? Or is Sexton cover for Mann or Salmon? Or…. FFS!! Enough of these utilities who aren’t good enough...
  62. Turvey Chip and Chase

News EXCLUSIVE | ‘It’s like cancer it just spreads’: Bulldogs legend slams whinging players

I fricken love JMoz hey. Bulldog blood runs through him. These legends are sick of the shit these soft cocks are slagging us off about because training is too hard and has boundaries to abide by. He’s right, maybe NRL isn’t for these crabs
  63. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

Yep, basically confirming to Parra fans the reason why the club always comes up short. Basically their coaches do t want to train as hard as those from a Penrith system. He’s basically shat on the Parra training regime the fwit hahahahaha
  64. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

Fk off LOSER! Confirming why you needed to get out of our club
  65. Turvey Chip and Chase

Bulldogs player walks out

Whilst I’m not sold on CC’s team selections and his constant refusal to previously show any anger or passion in the post game pressers, I gotta say this has made me think perhaps he has finally had enough of catering to these cts embarrassing our emblem. A year to cotton wool these cts is way...
  66. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Luke Thompson reportedly open to joining Roosters on less money as Bulldogs suffer double blow

This ct has robbed us blind for good coin. “If” he wants to go elsewhere for less and not play here for less out of guilt, then I don’t wish him luck, and as bad as it sounds, would probably have a chuckle if he cops another 9 Month sideline stint. I’m over these cts shitting on our emblem...
  67. Turvey Chip and Chase

Article: Dogs unrest claims as text message reportedly reveals player ‘frustration’ at coach demands

Soft bunch of bitches currently embarrassing our emblem and they want to whine about working as hard as most of their fans? Don’t care who the 8 are, fk them off. I reckon a few have already pulled the pin!
  68. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Recruitment targets

I’d have a look at guys like Xavier Willison. I’d be looking at getting Xavier Willison from Broncos too
  69. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Comedy

I really had hope for Ciraldo. I wanted it to work. I guess we should have know. By him seeing something in Perham to keep that D grader as our fullback for over half a season. The coach has no vision or ability
  70. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

Ohhh ffs, the biggest flop in the game just ripped us!!! Just put a sword through us already
  71. Turvey Chip and Chase

Bulldogs 2024 Team and Contract Sheets

I’m ok not getting Watson to be honest. I like the look of Taffe (Papalli’i) JAC Xerri (Burns) Crighton Kiraz (Wilson / Skelton) Burton Sexton TPJ Mahoney King Kikau Preston Thompson (I’d try to keep him for 500) Oloapu Salmon SST Knight Then, plenty more good youth coming through, can’t put...
  72. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Haas rejects 3 clubs including Bulldogs

Not sure I believe this. Unless he goes to Penrith Storm Bunnies Cowboys or stays Broncos, then we are as much a chance as others with our rebuild. A player of that quality looks for others so he doesn’t do it alone. Burton, Kikau, Crighton, TPJ and JAC are top tier “names” who can all own a...
  73. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Bulldogs Set to Secure Blake Taaffe

Personally not over excited about this signing. Always found him a bit … meh
  74. Turvey Chip and Chase

Jeral Skelton

To be honest, I like the thought of Wilson AND Skelton in or around our top 17. Both have good upside
  75. Turvey Chip and Chase

Averillo situation

Not one player in the squad has done that. Very very very few have scored multiple individual tries this year regardless of our shit attack. But anyway….
  76. Turvey Chip and Chase

Averillo situation

It honestly blows my mind we let this kid go…. Should have been our long term fullback with Crighton in the centres with Xerri. JAC one wing, Kiraz/Wilson/Skelton the other. Take your pick We blew it big time.
  77. Turvey Chip and Chase

Is our Beloved Bulldogs Club copping a good dose of Karma ?

Whilst I agree (wish Baa retired then looking back), to see the disgust in the media when we beat their rooster darlings in 02’ was just as beautiful. They were cheating the cap badly, and were floating in our down fall. To be able to win the game “that proved the best” was something else!
  78. Turvey Chip and Chase

News Rugby league legend Steve Mortimer reveals he is battling dementia

So terribly sad. I loved Turvey. Apart from being a local boy, he’s the reason I’m a one eyed fan… My mum has dementia also, such a beautiful human, now living in a home with this as its now beyond our help. It’s killed us, but it’s unfortunate all too too common. My blessings for your loved...
  79. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

I just don’t care anymore. It’s worse than being pissed off
  80. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Injury updates

Feels like our emblem is injured. When is that back?
  81. Turvey Chip and Chase

Mahoney In Presser

Oh dear, that’s rubbish!!! We’ve been at this club since we all were kids. You’ve come to get paid well, and you sure as shit ain’t earning it lad. We’re a patient mob and an understanding mob… to a point. Now this 17 are just taking the p!ss
  82. Turvey Chip and Chase

Opinion Khaled rajab time!

Let this be the end of the Rajab push
  83. Turvey Chip and Chase

Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

I…. I …… Fk it, I couldn’t even be bothered typing about these useless cts anymore
  84. Turvey Chip and Chase

Unbelievable

This is soooooo fk’n bad. I hope these useless pricks gets boo’d off by the poor folk who wasted their Sunday
  85. Turvey Chip and Chase

Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

Perham….. I really honestly don’t want to lose faith In Ciraldo, but…..
  86. Turvey Chip and Chase

Recruitment

I’ll be honest, I don’t think there’s much on offer and we are best having a good look at guys like Skelton, Wilson, Papalli’i etc. Save cash wisely. Maybe Sele, but not on overs. Johnson ain’t coming. Massive no to Lodge Massive NI FK’N WAY for May!!! Based on the lack of availability and...
  87. Turvey Chip and Chase

Luke Thompson to Wigan warriors

yeah, my bad…. Good call. either way, he can fk right off, and any coach/admin that want to sign this GRUB
  88. Turvey Chip and Chase

Luke Thompson to Wigan warriors

Oooohhh FFS!!!!!!! Tim fk’n MAY!!!! This club makes me SICK sometimes! I’ll never stop supporting but I’ll be praying that whatever the reason is, he can’t put a jersey on and take the field. I’m sorry, I have a right to feel whatever way I want and I feel I don’t want to take my child to any...
  89. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Gus on Twitter

I just hope we aren’t getting May or Lodge
  90. Turvey Chip and Chase

Official Gus on Twitter

Wow!! Gus has blocked me?? I’ve always been nice and had great responses from him. I had a crack about Fittler picking Burton and ignoring Hynes setting us up to fail, guess that may have been it?? Spewing , I found him very insightful.
  91. Turvey Chip and Chase

No x2 Top Shelf Props = No Membership Renewal Gus.

We need to be seriously looking at: B Hunt P Haas R Hunt H Sele Cut either Averillo OR Alamoti (not both) and pray Xerri can can back to how he was. He’s apparently faster now also. Hope to God Crighton turns to be a gun FB Teach a Skelton how to defend, he’s at least got attack.
  92. Turvey Chip and Chase

Weakest team in history of NRL

How is it possible to be worse than a start up club who have JMK at their hooker? It’s just inexcusable