Search results

1. D.O.W.

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Did anyone consider we had a bloke sent off and an origin winger off for an entire half requiring a 5/8/lock to fill in at centre playing a top caliber team? Ffs, some ridiculous sh!t on here
  2. D.O.W.

Anyone bagging the team after today has NFI
  3. D.O.W.

Line speed in D has been on point
  4. D.O.W.

Kiks is a man possessed this season
  5. D.O.W.

Boom baby, we’re built differently this year, fighting back!!
  6. D.O.W.

Sutton doing Sutton things
  7. D.O.W.

Sutton doing Sutton things
  8. D.O.W.

I hope this isn’t a South’s bounce back jizz session…. C’mon Dogs, fight back
  9. D.O.W.

For sure, bounce back against a bottom 8 team with Sutton in charge… all their ducks are in a row…. Only way out for us is to have the same mindset and execution as last week, but one or two levels up from that.
  10. D.O.W.

Our discipline is a lot better than last year (with the exception of the Parra game but I don’t know if that was us or a sh!t go with the ref). Defensively, we’re light years ahead of what we dished up last season and that’s a combination of doing reps in the preseason heavily focused on...
  11. D.O.W.

Official Bulldogs to enter NRLW in 2025

Personally, I think our fans will support them and support them well. Great result for us!
  12. D.O.W.

THE REAL REASON FOR BULLDOG'S NEW LOOK

The players themselves probably decided on the punishment
  13. D.O.W.

Official Congratulations NRL 360

If we lost 3 straight, we’re almost headlining the show but yeah, don’t expect Bulldogs feel good stories on 360. What did Buzz have to say about his Sharks getting owned?? the blokes agenda against Gus’ and therefore the Bulldogs is beyond ridiculous. He’s a salty pri<k - at least Braith calls...
  14. D.O.W.

News Brawl erupts between soufs and roosters fans

No one and underlining no one wants to scuffle with dogs fans….. it’s not a good idea and pretty much always ends bad for the “other guys”
  15. D.O.W.

I think the NRL want Souffs to succeed year-on-year and so Suttons record for Bulldogs/Souffs games speak for itself - let’s call it a tactical move to favour a popular club. They are the Dallas Cowboys of the NRL despite the NRL booting them from the comp a while back. There has to be something...
  16. D.O.W.

Social Media Josh Curran

I’m positive it was just a case of exhaustion, Kiks was already buggered before the charge down, he used whatever energy he had left to regather and cross the chalk. One observation of Kiks this year is how much focus he has on effort areas, this will get him back at the level he was playing at...
  17. D.O.W.

Kiks in doubt for Friday

Spot on, he’s been getting good early ball this year and making a lot of ground - a big difference for us
  18. D.O.W.

Maybe the only player in the comp I despise more than South’s grub Walker…. The grub of all grubs… Milne.
  19. D.O.W.

Social Media Josh Curran

Kiks was massively gassed at that point, I wouldn’t look too much into that moment
  20. D.O.W.

Social Media Josh Curran

I literally said this to a mate of mine, the last player with that much passion and will to win was Jammer. We used to have full team of possessed competitors but it’s great to see Curran going berserk!
  21. D.O.W.

The one player I’d like to see get cut in half is Walker, a deluxe Fkn grub. I have a strong feeling though we’re going to get pumped by the ref, they love Souffs
  22. D.O.W.

Opinion Blake Taffee

Personally, I have Skelton ahead of Xerri in the pecking order of current ability but CC has Xerri ahead of Skelton. I wouldn’t change the team right now other than Tracey in for Taaffe if Fox comes back. Burton is still probably a better centre than he is 5/8 and it would be interesting to...
  23. D.O.W.

Social Media Josh Curran

He’s a Bulldog type player, his style and personality is all our level of DNA - perfect fit
  24. D.O.W.

Wasn’t the chant “Des is a wanker”
  25. D.O.W.

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

When Fox comes back, that’s the move I would be making.
  26. D.O.W.

This is a fact, in the 90s there were young blokes going to games to start sh!t for a period of time there….to be frank, it was a sh!t place to be. 80s and 2000’s onwards, Dogs games were awesome and great for young families
  27. D.O.W.

If we had of won one of those first two games and gotten off to a better start, Belmore would have been a sellout. There’s also kids sports @ daytime Saturday’s and some also have to work… ultimately, winning brings crowds but our supporters are up there with the best in the comp, we’ve finished...
  28. D.O.W.

Round 3 3-2-1 vs Titans

3 Kiks 2 Kiraz 1 Curran
  29. D.O.W.

Awesome match, it just goes to show with decent share of possession and a decent referee performance by the man in the middle, we can be there about’s with a few teams and flog the pretenders
  30. D.O.W.

I can’t remember a time the last 5 years we kept a team to zero
  31. D.O.W.

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

We got one and a half replays - bunker couldn’t say no try quick enough
  32. D.O.W.

Touch footy rules, hooker can’t score from dummy half, no try!!
  33. D.O.W.

Whomp there it is…. #MakeshitUp
  34. D.O.W.

Yeah baby!!!! wait for it, charge down ruled to be knock on by rookie Bunker
  35. D.O.W.

A pigeon interfered with the fullback, no try
  36. D.O.W.

So good…. wait for it…. bunker?????
  37. D.O.W.

Fkn Reed trying to be Harry Grant
  38. D.O.W.

Stock standard - were banned from scoring tries without bunker intervention
  39. D.O.W.

Belmore back in the day had several crowd brawls weekly. Especially when we played the Knights, those stupid bastards used to try a rub sh!t into local fans whenever Newcastle scored or won so it was inevitable - A lot of the time, dogs fans even brawled each other….Dogs games are heaps more...
  40. D.O.W.

Bulldogs 3 player's short of top 4

He’s 1 player, an astute pick up, but, he’s a centre & my logic is going for 2 guns rather than 5 fridge first graders. I understand the market is bare, Gus is limited for choice & he’s gone for some depth which we also needed. Me personally, I’m getting Haas or Tino at all costs because players...
  41. D.O.W.

News NRL drops referee

Raise a good point sir
  42. D.O.W.

News NRL drops referee

Fark me, that was completely different Doogie, Warriors put on a NFL blocker play for that, and yes, I flipped my lid deluxe
  43. D.O.W.

News NRL drops referee

I see your view and it makes perfect sense, but personally, I think I would have taken that situation as a “well he was no chance anyway” if it was against us with Sharks attacking, but I’m just speculating, maybe in the heat of the moment, I’d break the TV set in a fit of rage… what I do know...
  44. D.O.W.

We’ve been recruiting for volume in the past few years, we should be loading up on a couple of star players as opposed to multiple average ones on my opinion.
  45. D.O.W.

If we’re looking for a point of difference with what we have, Hughes needs to start at Prop, Papalii to fullback, Sexy to 7.
  46. D.O.W.

News NRL drops referee

If the shoe was on the other foot, I would have been relieved to get a penalty in that situation but I wouldn’t have blown up about it because oppositely, there’s no way Taaffe is stopping Nikora in that situation.
  47. D.O.W.

Rumour Taylan may bulldogs

Roosters could have the NSW origin backline and raise zero cap red flags
  48. D.O.W.

Really good post mate and great observation, Brisbane looked very average without 3 of their key men in those positions (middles give you territory, halves direction and creativity, X factor gives you strike).
  49. D.O.W.

Opinion What could have been?

Moses and Teddy were Haslers fault because he wanted to do a deal with Kieran Foran (& by deal I mean help out a struggling mate financially by coordinating one of the richest deals at the time for a half and probably getting a cut of it)…. Adam Reynolds I blame no one, he was said to be busted...
  50. D.O.W.

News NRL drops referee

They tried everything to get the Roosters a late win over us a few years back when Barrett was coaching, in that one, both the ref and bunker allowed play on after Roosters obstructed a Bulldogs player & the only thing that saved us was Suallii’s pinky toe going into touch
  51. D.O.W.

News NRL drops referee

Yes! That one would make top 5 bullsh!t moments for us for sure!!
  52. D.O.W.

Opinion What could have been?

Nico Hynes was a far better option than Matt Burton but Trent Barrett wanted to target his Penrith love child. That was a game changer within itself… Barrett also targeted TPJ, didn’t turn out so good… Juniors is where the passion for a club rests, we should have this in spades over the next...
  53. D.O.W.

On current form, Eagles would be far too good for Penrith…. They made a stacked Roosters look slow and average.
  54. D.O.W.

News Bulldogs chasing their tail

In every game he played at fullback for the Panthers, he didn’t do anything special. He’s a gun centre, he needs to stay there but get more involved with tough carry’s. Papalii is going to be a very good FB for us, he may even end up playing there at NRL level sooner rather than later...
  55. D.O.W.

News Trying to bite my tongue’: Ciraldo wants ‘clarity’ after contentious calls cruel Dogs

If you play it back, it’s blatant he uses the ref to save the situation (he gets wrong footed and shoves into the ref) he could have gone forward or behind but he chose the ref.
  56. D.O.W.

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

That’s right, they’ll have $1.8M to spend with Manu & Suallii departing (albeit on the books for peanuts)
  57. D.O.W.

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Ciraldo likes them though… they’ll end up Chooks, they need a strike centre after Manu and Suuallii depart next year
  58. D.O.W.

News NRL drops referee

I’d like to know the percentages of Bulldogs tries that needed to get checked versus our opponents tries that needed checking…. It always seems the ref can’t blow his whistle quick enough when our opposition score.
  59. D.O.W.

News NRL drops referee

What abundantly stands out in that bunker decision (for Kasiano’s disallowed Try) was that it’s always been fact the bunker cannot rule on a forward pass…. Unless it’s against the Bulldogs of course.
  60. D.O.W.

Manly look absolutely lethal every time they touch the ball, they do everything at pace and have some Fkn huge men with decent leg speed….several of their backs can run 100m under 11 secs too… frightening.
  61. D.O.W.

News NRL drops referee

The best (or better defined as worst) I’ve seen was a bunker ruling on a forward pass against us vs the Eels a while back when Kasiano scored in the corner to tie up a game…. They (refs) have invented sh!t along the way for us.
  62. D.O.W.

If Webster coached the Bulldogs, there would have been zero difference in terms of results. We do this every season with an average roster, expect miracles. A lot of people on here predicted a 1-4 start our first 5 games (fairly realistic considering the draw) from memory, I had us 2-3 myself...
  63. D.O.W.

Official Gus on Twitter

No matter the size, no one can coach heart, courage and intent… Cotter is case in point - However, I agree that sizeable run hard tackle hard types is severely lacking.
  64. D.O.W.

Other News Source Nelson Asofa-Solomona On The Outer At Melbourne - Reports

The Storms only area of “weakness” is in their backrow stocks - Chan and Loiero currently at lock and second row…. Storm don’t move on players like NAS without a like-for-like swap deal…. Who would we exchange if we’re interested? I can only assume like-for-like would be one of Preston/Kiks/Curran?
  65. D.O.W.

Official Gus on Twitter

Agree, I love the fox, but reality is, we need a dominant middle more than a winger. I’d say Parra would give up Weiremu Greg for JAC (though I’d prefer Paulo) - Brisbane have 2 gigantic young prospects in Willisson and Te Kura but only Critta and maybe Kiks would make the Broncos 13...
  66. D.O.W.

Just on this week, yes, we’re desperate for the “W” but so are the Tits. It’ll be close
  67. D.O.W.

Official Gus on Twitter

Probably way too advanced right now going into Round 3 of the season but it would be a Gus Masterclass if he were to land the signature of a disgruntled Big Nelson or Stefano (should Tigs miss out on finals) or both…. Both gets us top 8 instantly…. Both and a quality 7 we may even be talking top 4.
  68. D.O.W.

The best forwards coach is Brad Arthur and I’d say Wayne Bennett and Bellamy seem to know what to say to rev their boys up. Ciro was a forward himself, he should be able to develop some good ones but he does lack middles with any decent size at his disposal - Be interesting to see how he goes...
  69. D.O.W.

I agree Wendy on Gus and our reliance on him having an ace up his sleeve recruitment wise focusing firmly on middles. Ultimately, we have better juniors coming through than most clubs so that’s the positive, the difference however is (and it’s a significant difference) our young guys coming...
  70. D.O.W.

Opinion Nothing less than a win v titans

Ciraldo is a pick and stick guy… I don’t think he’s changing anything. The only coach we’ve had with the balls to drop players is Potter, but in defence to Ciraldo, based on a pre-season with certain combinations, it also makes sense to see it through at least the first 3-5 rounds and especially...
  71. D.O.W.

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

We’ve signed Mark Brokenshire to a 3yr contract - 5 cases of beer per year deal with player option to drink them.
  72. D.O.W.

I agree we’ve been struggling and still are struggling and I’ll further add we’re still sh!t on paper - But, our pathways and junior resurgence is our saviour as it was for Penrith. But what we’re being sold by the media is that we’ve spent millions on players and we’re still sh!t, but in...
  73. D.O.W.

If that’s your argument, there would be an 8 team comp… Eels haven’t won a comp for close to 40yrs… Penrith only came good recently, Roosters were shit for over a decade not that long ago… Dragons and Tigers are a sh!tshows, Raiders haven’t won a comp for 30yrs, Warriors have never won a comp...
  74. D.O.W.

News Trying to bite my tongue’: Ciraldo wants ‘clarity’ after contentious calls cruel Dogs

Agree mate, we will get there, we had 30-40 years of success, this is a speed bump in the journey
  75. D.O.W.

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Damn, maybe that in itself is a good sign (i.e. Roosters back up plan to loosing Terrell?)
  76. D.O.W.

Opinion You can't win games by defence alone?

It’s a false indicator, We made 13 errors vs Parra and gave them a massive amount of possession…. We lost a middle in the first 15secs against Sharks and defended multiple sets in our red zone. We’re top 8 defensively in my eyes but our attack is lack lustre adding it doesn’t help when only one...
  77. D.O.W.

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

They can’t keep them all, make a play for Naufahu Whyte if Terrell gets locked up… I will say this, Dogs making a play for Taylan is a good indicator of our intent regarding Terrell.
  78. D.O.W.

Opinion You can't win games by defence alone?

Good summary, but I will say the notable difference was giving good early ball to Kikau which was giving the Sharks issues - but I agree, we need to be more creative with pass selection, grubbers and chips etc. and that out the back play needs to dig into the line otherwise the overlap can’t be...
  79. D.O.W.

He’s a legit weapon, but it can only be a sign that they’re keen on Terrell. If it were to happen, bet your bottom dollar Critta moves to fullback and Taylan fits in at centre.
  80. D.O.W.

I couldn’t care less what his attitude is like, he’s that big he’s worth 2 middles… changes our team overnight
  81. D.O.W.

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

The Morris Bros move to Roosters was one of the very few truely legit “under’s” contracts the Roosters have produced - these boys had an opportunity to play together and win a comp in their twilight years, it was never about money… I regret the club cutting them loose, when that happened and...
  82. D.O.W.

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

I think we forget we lost a middle in the first 15secs which didn’t Help… but in reality, big improvement from last year… we just don’t have the size or potency to match top 6 teams
  83. D.O.W.

Totally ripped off

Stock standard
  84. D.O.W.

Well said, we seem to have no luck with anything… we’re so accustomed now to copping sh!t that it’s just expected. Agree, Burton is a centre, it’s taken me a while to succumb to this fact but it’s clearer than ever. We were in the fight, but ultimately, we’re not big or powerful enough and our...
  85. D.O.W.

We’re all pissed bro, but watch the game back, Kiraz is not the best defender at the best of times…he plays with heart and effort, and that’s why he’s in the team and we love him for that - He knows his role in the team, Critta does things that doesn’t show up in stats, I thought he played well...
  86. D.O.W.

Cronulla had all the luck, we couldn’t buy any, but, we defended really well so there’s definitely a some positive to draw from…in saying that, we can’t beat the top brass without decent middles, some power runners and some raw aggression… Hughes is the only middle capable of bending the line...
  87. D.O.W.

Another Backrower - Jirah Momoisea - outside top 30

NAS and his manager just realised he’s getting paid peanuts when he could be earning serious coin given the lack of decent middles available - smart man
  88. D.O.W.

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Burton’s long kicking game is going to play a major part in this game, we need to move their big boys around and complete at a high rate…. Big fan of the 3rd or 4th tackle kick down field, this will burn some energy from their middles tracking back for a hit up or forces they’re backline to take...
  89. D.O.W.

Official Gus on Twitter

It was literally at a point where he was living rent free in the minds of Fullbacks and then decided the torture was enough, I’ll give them the easy option now that the hype is out there…. I guarantee some muppet told him to stop doing them because it could become predictable - if you ask any...
  90. D.O.W.

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

6ft+ & 116kgs means sweet FA if there’s a combined 300kgs coming in with intent… but if Reed Mahoney is leading our defensive line like the little warrior always does, our middles and backrow should be taken to the woodshed.