Search results

1. obe

Stephen Crichton

Crichton is a good signing for the club no doubt about it. Whether the club can use him right and get best out of him is a different story.
  2. obe

Official Bulldogs the most successful club of the NRL era

Whether it's Reserve or First Grade you play to win it.
  3. obe

Official Gus on Twitter

YkYknt Sent from my AMN-LX9 using The Kennel mobile app
  4. obe

Averillo - Finally Found His Spot

I quess it takes one fullback to know another.
  5. obe

Official Brothers, Lets Trot!

There is a war going on right now and people are worried about this. And besides no man nor animal was hurt in the clip. Move on.
  6. obe

Opinion “Prediction “ Where will our doggies finish in 22

We will be 2nd by round 9.
  7. obe

Opinion What prevents an NRL player reaching their potential?

Whatever causes them to lose motivation is what causes the player not to reach their potential.
  8. obe

Why the Bulldogs?

It was in 1985 I was a fresh off the plane African Boy from Ghana. The family was living in Neutral Bay, a North Bears territory, (not that I knew anything about Rugby League). I had an aussie friend who took me to north Sydney Oval to watch Rugby league, (whatever that was). My friend Louis...
  9. obe

Rumour Bulldogs linked to Dylan Walker

The Dogs have been linked to more people than Centerlink. Then again it has become the place unemployed players come to collect money for doing bugger all, hasn't it.
  10. obe

Dad jokes

What do you call an alcoholic from Russia? An alcoholich.
  11. obe

Has anyone got the team song

Apparently there is a line in the song that says that they will not finish last. Maybe that's the reason why they didn't sing it.
  12. obe

Opinion Look better when Wakeham in starting lineup?

And the three times we have won he has been in the halves.
  13. obe

Official Round 25 Bulldogs V Tigers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Once again the Wakeham and Averillo combo strikes gold for the third time.
  14. obe

NRL considering changing kick-off rules in an attempt to stop blowouts

There is another way to stop the blowout, make tries worth 2 points. So instead of being flogged 50 nil it will just be 25 nil. It doesn't look as bad.
  15. obe

Defensive coach...do we have one?

I don't think the defensive issue is exclusive to the Bulldogs. So far this season it appears that teams either win or get flogged. Despite our scoeless defeats, we have only had more than 40 points against us and that's this week.
  16. obe

Bold predictions for this season

We will be coming 2nd after nine rounds.
  17. obe

Growing Pains

Why ban Nasheed and then bring him back. Either you ban him perminantly or you let him post, those who like him will like him, those who hate will hate him. Nasheed will only come back from the ban and continue being Nasheed.
  18. obe

Gus believe all Melbourne Storm premierships count.

If the Storm didn't win those two premierships then who did?. It was 13 against 13 on the day. Whether they would have had the same players to win to win if they didn't cheat is another thing. But having super stars whether you cheated or not is no quarantee that you will win. The Dogs cheated...
  19. obe

Official Kyle Flanagan signs 3 year deal

Even if Kyle is not a world beater, the comfort is that he made the roosters side. Not one of our halves would be good to even sit on the bench of the Roosters.
  20. obe

News Bulldogs battle: Why Canterbury need to move on from 86 years of tradition

The Bulldogs won many comps being the family club, so I don't think being a family club is the issue. The issue is we need a strong leader who has charisma that when he talks everybody listens. You can't have too many business people on the board because as much as Rugby League is a business...
  21. obe

News I don't want you Barrett bombshell bulldogs snub

The 4th immortal has been tapped.
  22. obe

Phil Gould advising Trent Barrett to Re consider deal with the dogs

How can one criticize a club so publicly and to go as far as telling an in coming coach to renege on a deal. What's the fascination with the Bulldogs. The team is coming dead last but the only team the media like to talk about. They see a fog in Belmore and take it to be a smoke. Good on...
  23. obe

Opinion Has Foran earnt a new contract

NO. If he is only going to be playing second fiddle to young halfbacks. He should be leading the team in attack not the up and coming players. It looks like there won't be any dominant and experience player coming to the club any time soon unless the club has the intensions of talking to...
  24. obe

WANTED - "1st Grade Standard Half-back"

The most naturally gifted half at the club is Wakeham. The only issue is that he is inexperienced and been brought in to steer a sinking ship. Coming through the grades Wakeham was far superior than all other halfs at the club. You don't lose such an ability unless you are in a bad team, not...
  25. obe

Official Round 15 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Discussion Thread

The team needs a new captain. Jackson just doesn't have the aura nor the character to rally the troops when the chips are down.
  26. obe

Once again Foran is earning his pay when the Game is up for the taking.
  27. obe

The team has forgotten how to win. The club now has a losing culture.
  28. obe

News Trent Barrett axes Canterbury Bulldogs coaching staff

I believe if coaches could bring in their own players they would. Bringing in your own coaching staffs is easier. But some players do get told that they are not in an incoming coach's plans and moved on. The same goes for coaching staffs too. Its pot luck for the coaching staff whenever a new...
  29. obe

News Trainer sacked

He said the club wouldn't know if he was alive or dead. He is painting the club to be callus and hearltess. And he also said "so much for being a family club". This are parting shots at the club. He is helping the hatred for the club to reign on. Even Kevin Moore who is a son of Bullfrog was...
  30. obe

News Bulldogs sink to new depths against the might of Melbourne

So the Panthers are flying high on the ladder, the Eels are doing well, the Broncos with all that they have going for them are playing like school boys and still we are that the club the media wants to talk about. I wonder how the clubs feel. What would they have to do to get any news coverage...
  31. obe

News Trainer sacked

It would be good to hear from the club before we assume what Gary is saying is the whole truth. And maybe things could have been done differently but the way the trainer is handling it is poor. The club was as loyal to him just like he believes he was to the club but to speak ill of the club and...
  32. obe

Official Trent Barrett to coach the Bulldogs for the next three seasons

Good on the Barrett for taking a job which many coaches would rather not take. The joint is unattractive at the moment. And Good on the club for having faith in a coach who it could said is unproven to head a team in need of a coach who has been there and done that.
  33. obe

Consolidated Pay Thread

If the club had confidence in him they wouldn't have extended his contract by only one year.
  34. obe

News NRL fans could be locked out of stadiums from tonight

So who will pay for the lost of revenue for the clubs ,is it the NRL or the state Government?
  35. obe

Consolidated Pay Thread

The players need a manager to manage them. By the time they are in first grade they have been coached to death and some don't even need coaching. This is why in Europe they call them managers and not coaches. And great players rarely make good coaches. I don't think sir Alex furgerson was the...
  36. obe

Consolidated Pay Thread

If we have a reserve grade side then we need a first grade coach. If the players are not good and he can't make them better then what becomes of the club. If your troops are not up to a standard for a battle and you must win then you need a General who can motivate them to do what they thought...
  37. obe

Where to from here?

I don't think it is about Pay not a first grade coach is more like things are not as easy as he thought. There were times when you could say Hasler who won premierships at manly was not a first grade coach. Look at cleary who has more experience coaching first grade with what can be agreed upon...
  38. obe

Where to from here?

You can't attract players or good players for that matter if you have a losing culture which we have. We have to face facts. And secondly good coaches like coaching at clubs where think they can win matches. So if Pay gets the sack or his time was up unless we are winning we will properbly end...
  39. obe

Official Round 9 - Dogs vs Knights - Consolidated Match Thread

The coach has tried everything, the players have tried everything. Where to for this Club?. The way they are going this team will be the first team the history of the game to get two wooden spoons, they are that bad.
  40. obe

Other News Source Rhyse Martin - The Man of a Million Rumours - Consolidated Thread.

Whatever.Go the dogs. Better players have left and the club is still standing.
  41. obe

Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

If the roosters,a team of stars and the premiers can find a place for Nappa in the team for him to play in a grand final, and are not releasing him from his contract,then he can't be that bad. Nappa is also a rep player and rep players don't come cheap. When a rep player comes cheap it won't be...
  42. obe

News Bulldogs' chase of Napa and Liddle sparks chain reaction

It seems like nothing the club does these days is good enough for the fans. By the way, first time poster.