Search results

1. BaYry Ward

Official Round 1 v Cowboys match discussion

Hetherington needs some support. If Dufty could conjure just 10% of Ben Barba style support play he’ll score 20 tries this year.
  2. BaYry Ward

Official Round 1 v Cowboys match discussion

45 HIA’s, Dufty’s try was probably ok, gritty win in tough conditions. We’ll take it.
  3. BaYry Ward

Should we be worried about Barrett?

These players can't pass or catch. The team is grossly subpar. There's a few pieces that are class, but the bulk is terrible. It could take a couple of seasons to be honest, but Barrett knows what he's doing.
  4. BaYry Ward

Opinion Coaches Available Now OR For 2022

Anyone who thinks coaching is our issue needs to find another sport. We haven’t got the horses man..
  5. BaYry Ward

Bulldogs roll out the blue and white carpet for Josh Addo-Carr

He'd be a revelation at FB given time time adjust.
  6. BaYry Ward

Laurie Daley and Arthur Laundy

Daniel Holdsworth close second.
  7. BaYry Ward

News I'm all in': Barrett won't back out of Bulldogs deal

This is more a reflection on the mess at the Dogs than Gus.. Gus has always been a Canterbury supporter and has advised many a young recruit to come to us, even when he was working for other clubs. In this instance he's just telling the truth. It would pain him that the Dogs are in this mess...
  8. BaYry Ward

News PANTHERS LIKELY TO LOSE BURTON + BARRET NOT OFFERING TOLMAN A CONTRACT

Fuck... there goes our 4th tackle option.
  9. BaYry Ward

News Cotric wanted to join the chooks

It quite often can take a week or two for the club to announce things due to cooling off periods within contracts.
  10. BaYry Ward

Has Napa played one good game at all?

One of our worst ever signings. He's NEVER been any good. Had a highlight or two back before the shoulder charge was outlawed but otherwise he's a myth. Never understood what anyone saw in him tbh.
  11. BaYry Ward

Bulldogs are on the way up: Pay

It's not easy inheriting an entire roster and then changing the way they play in one offseason. I personally see some great signs in what we're doing out there. There was some genuine starch in our defence which hasn't been there for years, and the players we have are attempting to uncork...
  12. BaYry Ward

Anyone else watching Fox League now? 2004 vs Panthers is on

And Joel Clinton's head was only just remaining attached to his body
  13. BaYry Ward

Brian Smith?

He also recommended Jason Taylor to the Tigers after being paid to write a consultant report for them.
  14. BaYry Ward

Corey Parker Prove's He's NRL's Biggest Hypocrite/Whinger

Yeah I bet the QLDers we're giving Joey Johns, Fittler and Daley heaps of respect when they were getting pumped back in the day.. What a load of garbage. Just more ball licking of QLD's heroes
  15. BaYry Ward

Bulldogs will stick to coach Des Hasler’s defensive structure, says Josh Reynolds

If we had a player that could put a decent kick in, I'm sure Des would change tactics. He's working with his roster. None of our players have any touch with the boot on a consistent basis
  16. BaYry Ward

Jarryd Hayne retires from NFL

That's exactly what Politis did previously with SBW. Paid him while he was not a registered player. That was the "handshake" agreement. Same will occur here.
  17. BaYry Ward

Hopoate cleared for NRL round 1

Ready for round 1, at Brookvale.. If his knee isn't 100% he'll be lucky to escape that goat track of a field. Hope we have him for more than rd 1 lol
  18. BaYry Ward

Moz reveals hasler Secret to hoppa revival.

Moz reveals Hasler is the secret to Hoppa revival. The article is the ultimate "under Des"
  19. BaYry Ward

Moses Mbye says he wants to be the Bulldogs version of Johnathan Thurston in 2016

He's just a kid. 22 years old. He's definitely got a chance to improve at that age. Get behind him you cranky butt hurt cnts lol
  20. BaYry Ward

Cook signs with Souths for 2 years!

He was clearly too fast for our club. We're allergic to speed, mobility and elusiveness. If a player is ascertained to have such attributes they are either removed from the club, or it's trained out of them via the patented "morph every player into a back rower" Bulldogs training technique...
  21. BaYry Ward

Des Hasler...

If only the simple act of hiring a coach guaranteed a premiership. We've been very competitive during Hasler's tenure. You can never "expect" a Premiership.
  22. BaYry Ward

Canterbury Bulldogs centre Tim Lafai shocked by Manly Sea Eagles switch

A club needs players like Perrett. He's doing quite well outside of footy in terms of his business ventures and plays footy for the love of it. He wouldn't be playing for free, but for what he adds to the team in terms of depth and experience he'd be an absolute bargain. To be a competitive...
  23. BaYry Ward

The Belmore Experiment will lose its appeal..

Could be playing in the greatest stadium in the world, but if we dish up that kind of performance it's still the shittest experience ever
  24. BaYry Ward

Warrant issued for Nathan Tinklers arrest.

He's a failed businessman these days, but this is a media beat up.. The courts issue thousands of arrest warrants for people that don't attend hearings every day. Usually the hearings are adjourned and there was no reason to attend anyway.
  25. BaYry Ward

Eels in new NRL salary cap rort

When I got to the reported monetary figures for Chris Sandow I just froze. His salary was bad enough, but $200k on top? Is this real life?
  26. BaYry Ward

Foran deal scuppers Manly's bid for Reynolds.

Api Koroisau may end up at 6
  27. BaYry Ward

Foran deal scuppers Manly's bid for Reynolds.

The club is still bound to the contract for 4 years if Foran chooses to exercise the player options for the additional two years.
  28. BaYry Ward

LOL: Foran to walk away from Eels contract

Foran deal was done before they got busted as serial cap cheats. Now the spotlight is on them and they're covering their arse.
  29. BaYry Ward

Hasler and dib fallout

Even a 4-5 game win streak would probably go a long way haha
  30. BaYry Ward

Hasler and dib fallout

There is truth to this but it's been going on for ages. Not explosive, more of a gripe between the two of them than a major falling out.
  31. BaYry Ward

Lamb Wants Hodkinson Loyalty (Big League Article)

Ask Baa if he still thinks Isaac Luke's best position is fullback. The bloke has been concussed for the last 20 years.
  32. BaYry Ward

Idris granted a release

Lost cause.
  33. BaYry Ward

Bulldogs’ Josh Reynolds didn’t like Andrew Johns’ criticism...

Couldn't agree more. Had no weakness in his game. I've never seen a half with his skill set that could pull off amazing things with the ball, and at the same time smash a prop in a one on one tackle. Could win games on his own in attack and defense. And I have no problem with him giving our...
  34. BaYry Ward

frizell to only get 2 weeks

Fifita getting two weeks is nice. T-Rex should re-commence pile driving from now on, seems the penalties have been reduced.
  35. BaYry Ward

Jmoz and Eastwood Injuries

It pains me that whenever people compare players performances, it's always based on their time with ball in hand.. Stanley was a turnstile.
  36. BaYry Ward

Rugby League Week (RLW): Rich List

Barba lol.. That's atrocious
  37. BaYry Ward

The Mata'utia brothers

They're no chance
  38. BaYry Ward

David Klemmer woah big unit!

He used to do work for Canterbury Council. You should have seen the bloke on a ride on mower. Funniest shit ever. People used to stop and have a laugh. Looked like an adult riding on a kids toy at toys R us lol
  39. BaYry Ward

Wright not wanted at cronulla

Nice bloke but a fringe first grader at best. Fact is he should seriously be looking at life after footy.
  40. BaYry Ward

Michael Lichaa to the Dogs

Has a bad habit of giving up on a play when the ball goes past him ie during defending a backline move, once the ball passes him he stops sliding. He got caught out at least a couple of times with inside balls to runners into the space he created. Nearly every time I watched him this year. It's...
  41. BaYry Ward

Ben Hannant to the Cowboys

Cowboys must need some more experience in the permanent rehab team
  42. BaYry Ward

Reni Matuia has signed for another 1 year

Wasn't he already contracted for 2015?
  43. BaYry Ward

Music association

You're my kind of crazy CK
  44. BaYry Ward

Music association

Love it man. Not left field at all. Music association to life events is usually something that has occurred and you don't even realise your brain has made the association until many years later (for me anyway). I've never contemplated a forced association. Cool idea though :thumb:
  45. BaYry Ward

SouFFS GF team announced

I bet we name Ennis lol I wouldn't be too hasty in bagging them naming Luke. He's still more of a chance to play than Ennis
  46. BaYry Ward

Ennis out, Graham to captain side

Might need a captain for the first 1/2 hr of the game or so too before Frank comes on lol
  47. BaYry Ward

Shayne hayne is grand final ref

That stat means shit. We won last week too yet he did his utmost. He's a fraud.
  48. BaYry Ward

Shayne hayne is grand final ref

Well there goes our chances.. Hayne hates the Dogs, AND he's a Souths member. What a fcking joke.
  49. BaYry Ward

Des has thrown the biggest Dummy Rugby League has ever seen

The only thing that can stop us is the refs. I hate to say it but they will probably have the crowd, and if the refs walk them out of their own end all game we'll get rolled. If they let us play we're a massive chance.
  50. BaYry Ward

THE GRAND FINAL 2014 MATCH THREAD | Bulldogs v Bunnies

You're a true kenneler BD lol
  51. BaYry Ward

Running a muk lol

lol solid effort. Well played bud
  52. BaYry Ward

Roosters V Rabbitohs Tonight

I hate both clubs with a passion, but I'd take a Bunnies win over the Roosters. The bunnies fans I know, are at least genuine fans of rugby league. Unlike Roosters fans who seem to appear out of nowhere because the Roosters are suddenly fashionable. That sort of fan just shits me. I know...
  53. BaYry Ward

2012 GF loss fuelling the Dogs

2012 GF may be the most frustrating thing I have ever witnessed. I actually did sit through a replay, and every time Cam Smith was involved in a tackle I counted out loud how long he has his hand on the ball slowing things down. That game has affected me mentally, and I think its permanent lol..
  54. BaYry Ward

SMH: Why Jamal Idris really left the BUlldogs

By the end of his career he'll be able to write a book on why he left _____________ club. There will be some bs bleeding heart story about each pit stop and how he moved on to find greener pastures.
  55. BaYry Ward

Raelene Castle thanks the kennel fans

She's doing a wonderful job and good on her for getting amongst it. But if I hear another slur against TG I'll be sick. We were a rabble of a club before he sorted us out. We owe him a great deal for restoring us as one of the power clubs in the NRL.
  56. BaYry Ward

Foran’s gone to the Dogs?

zzzz bullshit story.. If we weren't playing Manly this week this story wouldn't exist.
  57. BaYry Ward

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

I'd say Lichaa is in the plan somewhere. Can't see Mbye supplanting Reynolds at this stage esp with his utility value.
  58. BaYry Ward

With Ricky Stuart at the helm...no one is a long term proposition anywhere. Dane Tilse could be the long term solution at half. Stuart would take the first Origin type player he could get his hands on.
  59. BaYry Ward

Bully-Dogs Off The Leash (RLW Article)

In b4 handling error in first set
  60. BaYry Ward

SBW's registered contract counts for only $500k under Roosters cap lol Dem 3rd party deallzzzz Seems legit
  61. BaYry Ward

Why is dale finucane not in the side

Yeah that's the one lol Should have copped 10 weeks for stupidity
  62. BaYry Ward

Why is dale finucane not in the side

Well he cost us the game last week. That could be it. Or maybe he's hurt.
  63. BaYry Ward

The dumb kid, like many poms before him, decided the lure of Bondi beach was greater that the obvious fact he was going to a club that had a club legend at FB for the next two years, followed by Tuivasa-Sheck next in line. Deserves to be on the scrap heap.
  64. BaYry Ward

How you can troll a rumour thread with rumours is beyond me.. If anyone comes into this thread thinking they can believe any of what they read, they deserve to be trolled with a giant black double ender
  65. BaYry Ward

Salary Cap Rorting

No if a sponsor gives away something to a player associated with the club they are sponsoring, it counts towards the cap.
  66. BaYry Ward

Salary Cap Rorting

Hilarious they're talking about ONE dodgy apartment deal for ONE player at Parra.. For years Manly's main sponsor and part owner was Delmege property development. They built LOTS of apartments... Make of that what you will..
  67. BaYry Ward

I am a true Bulldogs Man

Good stuff Guardog And happy bday for yesterday!
  68. BaYry Ward

Did you miss his Ben Roberts esq brain explosion on monday? Titans down 6 with about 6mins to go and the genius puts a grubber in on first tackle of a repeat set while attacking the line, that dribbles into the arms of the Roosters lol. I can see his appeal, but the last thing we need is...
  69. BaYry Ward

Reynolds response to Broncos loss

Funny the same blokes crying that Ennis is going are killing Reynolds for a brain explosion.. Go back and watch the Ennis in the finals. One of the great brain eruptions of all time, in the finals, and he was captain. Reynolds tries too hard and loses it. I can think of worse things. We have...
  70. BaYry Ward

What has really gone wrong with the Bulldogs

Our early season form was fools gold. We won a couple of lucky games by a point. Any of those games we could have lost and we easily could have gone into origin outside the 8 and in trouble. The other strong teams started slowly and are now coming into form at the right time of the year because...
  71. BaYry Ward

Your thoughts on these random ex Bulldogs players

01. Scott Wilson - Good playa. On and off the field. 02. Matthew Ryan - Class player. Rarely had a bad game. Seemed to make breaks without having much pace or elusiveness 03. Willie Talau - Was good early to mid career. Then blokes used to run around him like he was bolted to the ground...
  72. BaYry Ward

Sam Perrett is No.1 in Bulldogs' books – they aren't missing Barba

Perrett would be going even better if we could still run the decoy plays we got away with all year in 2012 (until the GF where they penalised us for everything typically). Kasiano and Pritchard used to stroll into the defensive line and basically eclipse the whole backline lol, defenders...
  73. BaYry Ward

The "that's not how I remember it" Thread.

Not a TV show, but I introduced my 4 1/2 year old son to the original ninja turtles movie the other day. I used to love that movie when I was a kid. Watched it like a million times. Saw it the other day and thought it was pretty lame. Even he looked at me a few times like "why you making me...
  74. BaYry Ward

Bulldogs v tigers round 19 game day thread - SPOILERS

This is one of the most disgraceful efforts I've ever seen from the Dogs. Weak as piss.
  75. BaYry Ward

Bulldogs v tigers round 19 game day thread - SPOILERS

Our big, bad, ferocious forward packkkkk!!!!! Owned by a bunch of kids and second graders
  76. BaYry Ward

Mystery over Brisbane Broncos' money trail under investigation by NRL

I wonder what they named their Leagues club pokie that always "wins" when the players play.. The Rorters have "freddie" the poker machine at easts leagues lol
  77. BaYry Ward

2014 Fantasy Leagues - DT SuperCoach, NRL Fantasy, Fantasy Fox

Sorry I'm only referring to NRL comp, don't play supercoach. Just noticed you were prob asking for Supercoach lol. If so, disregard Baz's bullshit
  78. BaYry Ward

I'd probably upgrade hookers before anything. You're giving away some points there with none of either Farah, Smith or Mculloch. With Tigers, Storm and Broncs all playing for finals, could see some massive scores. Particularly Farah and Smith. I'd wait until they Smith (BE 78) and Farah (BE...
  79. BaYry Ward

Parker (BE 77) and Inglis (BE 68) are both likely to drop in price after another game played. I'd wait a week and you should be able to afford them. That's for NRL fantasy
  80. BaYry Ward

Michael Lichaa to the Dogs

The main this with this kid is that it's instilled in him that first graders don't give up on a play. His most glaring weakness at this stage is his lack of effort coming from the inside as a defender. As soon as the ball gets past him he switches off and becomes a spectator. He obviously has...
  81. BaYry Ward

We now have to beat Manly to take advantage.

6 Josh Jackson 7 Michael Ennis 9 Damien Cook Dog's playing for a nil all draw at best
  82. BaYry Ward

Australian History and Interesting Facts Thread

Fck I wish this thread turned into a history lesson years ago. It's so much better that the other BS that gets posted here! Well done lads
  83. BaYry Ward

Easts Tigers flyer Jarrod McInally land in the big leagues

Good luck son. Shouldn't be too hard to catch a few high balls over our Tyrion Lannister sized wingers at training and get a shot at FG.
  84. BaYry Ward

Your round 15 team?

Our backline is very ordinary this week (1-5).. God help us
  85. BaYry Ward

A lot of the Fifita money was third party agreements, which vanishes into thin air when the deal crumbled.
  86. BaYry Ward

Rugby League Week (RLW): Dogs keen to seize Sam (Snippet on Sam McKendry)

We're one good prop away from playing a prop on the wing ffs
  87. BaYry Ward

Old Skool Shoutout

The O.G.'s need to get their shit together dammit
  88. BaYry Ward

Mbye Injury

Grade 10 cramps apparently lol..
  89. BaYry Ward

Josh Jackson right-centre defensive effort

Played well all game. Tremendous defense
  90. BaYry Ward

Sam Kasiano to play first grade today

The only way he'll get fit is to play FG. NSW cup is too slow.
  91. BaYry Ward

Lifting tackle - Now banned

I'll be honest, every time I see a player grab one leg in a tackle and start to lift it, I cringe. The reality is most footballers are dumb as dogsh!t. I actually agree with penalising anytime they even start the lifting process. If a player wants to assist in completing a tackle he can bend...
  92. BaYry Ward

Let's all LOL @ Doust !

Take the try off them that they were gifted after the obvious strip that went unnoticed.
  93. BaYry Ward

Round 7 Team

Mbye will only play if Des wants to blood him prior to Origin/Reynolds missing. O'hanlon in for Pritchard
  94. BaYry Ward

Fifita crawls back to Cronulla & Bulldogs served papers.

Great legal case. Based on a memorandum of understanding? No contract signed. No breach. Negotiations fell over and he fcked himself by shooting his mouth off early about signing, not to mention it was probably him who leaked figures due to the fact he was so scared of the Sharks fan backlash he...
  95. BaYry Ward

Castle meets with NRL over Fifita

"Any salary cap issues uncovered by the NRL would place enormous pressure on Canterbury’s ability to secure the highly-talented Tedesco." I fcking HATE how they throw that little line in. How and when has it ever been stated by the NRL that they had concerns regarding our salary cap? That...
  96. BaYry Ward

Rugby League Week (RLW): Hodkinson and Reynolds – The Next Great Halves Combo

Whooaaaa there nelly.. 20 mins into last weeks game I was about to throw the remote through the screen. Now we've got the next great halves combo lol
  97. BaYry Ward

Simply another attempt by agents/teammates to force the Manly board to re-sign Glenn via leveraging the possible loss of Brett and others.