Search results

1. A

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

I don't think we have a halfback. Not a first grade one. Fullback is up for grabs? We are at least one light in the forward pack. I'm not sure we have the makings of an elite attacking unit, yet. We have some quality players who will do individual things to score points. I'm willing to cut the...
  2. A

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

We had no ball. Spent so much fuel defending but ended up with a couple of 4 pointers. CC should be judged on defence this season. We don't have all the pieces yet in attack. I thought signs looked good for our D this season
  3. A

Your Round 1 Team?

As much as some don't want it Burton will get the 6. Burton like lots of players that have come to the Bulldogs (in recent years) haven't been given ideal circumstances to flourish. If he was performing like this under Bellamy at the Storm, fair play. Look at Nick Meaney. My sports teams are the...
  4. A

News NRL 2021: Ivan Cleary tells Trent Barrett to back off Matt Burton

Give em Napa and chuck in a cheese burger
  5. A

Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

Stop worrying about Averillo. Battling for a position in the team should be hard. If Allan makes it harder for others to crack the 17 then brilliant. Great players find a way in
  6. A

Official Bulldogs sign Jack Hetherington

We ain't a destination club right now so if it's an improvement why not! The Bulldogs brand is a pretty tough sell right now it's a wonder we got Cotric
  7. A

I'm not after mammoth dollars': Foran keen to stay with Bulldogs

I agree with signing him on a low ball contract purely because we struggle to get anyone decent for a fair price. I feel we don't have a lot of choices right now.
  8. A

News Thompson's mongrel pedigree breeds confidence at Bulldogs

He really is the only thing to be excited about right now. I hope he gets some good players around him.
  9. A

Ennis wants the dogs to sign Reynolds again. Shut yo mouth fool!!

Doesn't this all depend on the accountancy side of things? Do the dogs have money to spend in the cap this season? If they do and don't spend it, is that advantageous later? I don't know how the cap works but i think it's a factor in deciding the value of taking Reynolds.
  10. A

Social Media Return for Reynolds??

Can't imagine we would sign on top $. Don't think he would be signed in view as being a starter either. I've always thought of Reynolds as an impact bench player. I think he would do well in the 14
  11. A

News ‘Giving up is not an option’: Kieran Foran declares latest injury blow won’t end his career

I liked him until now. He has taken so much from the Club and given (not intentionally) so little in return. Call Crime Stoppers! It's officially a robbery.
  12. A

Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

What's the mindset of a guy walking (for the sake of a bit more money) from a team that will, very likely play in a GF next year. To a team that's battling for the 8? I think motivation and a state-of-mind will be a bigger factor when it comes to value for money. Dear god I hope he turns up if...
  13. A

Opinion josh Reynolds Discussion Thread

I luv the "we've moved on" comments. We are coming second last.
  14. A

Boycott Belmore

To the people on here insulting the people that went to watch the game... pull your fucking heads in! Just because people called for a boycott (which is ridiculous) doesn't mean people have to adhere to that. They are allowed to turn up, pay admission and cheer OUR team. Stop being fuckwits
  15. A

Hoppa re-signs for 3 years

Why don't we roll the dice and try an actual rockstar at fullback. Super risky but I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Martin, the guy from Kings Of Leon or even Beyoncé given a crack...
  16. A

Will Hopoate to play Sundays this season

I don't know why people are so hard on him. He might have been part-time but he's been a bargain. The club agreed to the terms. Plus how many of us would give up all the money he has? He's change of heart makes him inconsistent but who is perfect? I get more annoyed with guys who eat up large...
  17. A

Eastwood

Frawley didn't kick in the first half. I think we scored from his first kick. Maybe it was his second. Mbye was taking all the kicks and receiving the first pass for some fucking insane reason. Damn near killed me!
  18. A

Round 10 dogs vs cowboys team lists and game day discussion

God we are frustrating. Cheap penalties. Don't let Frawley kick. Always get a couple of dud calls.
  19. A

Barba wants to come back to the NRL

Yeah... but he was younger and faster
  20. A

Payback time

Also if we win it's because Des did what people in the Kennel said.
  21. A

KASIANO - The Let Down

That was my point. He ain't finding any more minutes if he hasn't by now.
  22. A

KASIANO - The Let Down

"We just NEED more minutes from him" -#Shit Bulldogs fans say about Kas. Where do you think these magical minutes are going to come from? The fitness fairy? Much like the tooth fairy. Once you hit a certain age that bitch ain't coming back.
  23. A

Brilliant

It's funny how people see the game. Best of luck to you
  24. A

Brilliant

It's coincidence that when we have a 7 playing we look better. My gosh. It is plain as day. It's not Reynolds individually. It's Mbye individually. They. Don't. Work. Together. It's obvious. Stop over complicating it.
  25. A

Brilliant

Dumb comment. Reynolds is good with Frawley. Mbye is good with Frawley. Reynolds and Mbye don't work.
  26. A

Round 9 - Dogs vs Raiders - Team List and Game Discussion thread.

God we get some dud calls. You can bet your bottom dollar if the game is in the balance with no time left the 50/50 call will go against us. Painfull. Better off being a Broncos supporter. They get ALL the calls their way
  27. A

Round 9 - Dogs vs Raiders - Team List and Game Discussion thread.

I think the opposite. The Reynolds announcement is the emotional spike that gives us a good shot. I think the team will be up and about. I reckon the reason the Tigers won was all the talk of Woods and that silly lunch date. He had a point to prove.
  28. A

Bulldogs fans won't boo Reynolds, says Graham

Hahaha bitch slap those mofo's
  29. A

"I never wanted to leave" - Hard to read

The club offered him less than he was worth so he would walk. This type of thing happens in business ALL the time. It's there in print plain as day.
  30. A

How is Papalii allowed to play against us this weekend?

In some professions you absolutely would.
  31. A

Josh Reynolds

Yeah... but Reynolds was in that Origin team and they won. Doesn't matter who did what. Your point about not winning big games because of Reynolds is quashed because of that fact.
  32. A

Josh Reynolds

I'm saying hypothetically if he had been the 6 at the Storm over the last 10 years. Anywhere he could just play his game and have the players around him to play their part. The Origin win makes the "he can't win a GF" debate redundant IMO
  33. A

Josh Reynolds

Ahhh this old chestnut... Yes Reynolds can win a GF it just depends on the players around him. It is much harder to win an Origin over 3 games against a stacked QLD then a more even competition between club sides in a one off GF. That argument is incorrect. Put Reynolds in the 6 with the Storm...
  34. A

Josh Reynolds

Seriously!?!? No player holds any club to ransom. Player agents do. This is not an opinion either. Straight up facts. It is the agents that play this shit out in the media. Stop saying silly things.
  35. A

Reynolds and foran

It all depends... I don't believe for a second that Reynolds will hold out for $800k. IMO he will stay for less. If Foran wants $1mill with all the risk that comes with him, hell no. If there is around a $350k saving on Reynolds, then Josh for the win!
  36. A

Matt Frawley times NRL arrival at perfect time to cash in on bizarre halves market

Nah same last name but first name Clarke. I also jump into phone booths and leap out with a cape. Hobbies include saving the world.
  37. A

Matt Frawley times NRL arrival at perfect time to cash in on bizarre halves market

It amuses me when a change is made or an opinion is offered and people say "must have read the kennel". Do people actually believe that? So many things are said on here that it covers ANYTHING that can happen.
  38. A

It's gotta be tedesco

This would be like the best news ever. The idea of paying Woods anywhere near 900k makes me uneasy plus we don't really need him.
  39. A

Montoya's Leap and more points

Plenty of chatter about how confident he is under the high ball but looks like the kid can get some serious air-time. With Frawley in the team I would love to see us use this more. It's really exciting because only weeks ago I had no idea where points would come from until Kas entered the game...
  40. A

Re-sign reynolds at all costs

As soon as an adult male uses "lol" in their argument... I'm out.
  41. A

I don't know. But if we get back to your original point. He has definitely had more than one good game in recent weeks. And it coincides with the exact point Frawley played next to him.
  42. A

He went ok in 2014. Won a state of origin. If you base the quality of a player (each year) on them winning a comp. Well...
  43. A

My gosh. Really? He has looked good whenever he has had a 7 next to him. Have you watched many games?
  44. A

Your caps lock button is ON
  45. A

No. Not with Frawley next to Reynolds. We will pay overs for them but get the ones with have at a reasonable price
  46. A

R7 - Dogs vs Souths - Team List and Discussion Thread

such a one dimensional way of seeing things. As I said, thank god you don't coach this team
  47. A

haha thank god the kennel don't coach
  48. A

Yes there is. Starting with wanting to protect Frawley There are a bunch of reasons. The first is it protects Frawley and helps his game to grow. If he starts they would more then likely target him. As a bench player it's less likely.
  49. A

Having Frawley on the bench might be a brilliant move. It allows Mbye to be tested at 9 without too much pressure. Try it for a few weeks and if it works we may have sound the solution of what to do with him.
  50. A

Broncos show Bulldogs how to recruit

The figure in recent reports (for Bird) is 1mill a season. Even the Broncos are paying overs! These numbers are silly. We should lock in Frawley for 4 years NOW while he isn't worth crazy money. Try and gets Reynolds under $600k and work out if Mbye can play 1 or 9. Then get either a 1 or 9. The...
  51. A

Graham wary of Woods threat

I I (only weeks ago) thought the same. But here lies the problem. A team that waits for one player to come on to win games (which we have) is stuffed. Since Frawley. Reynolds has played better and we look a different team. Kas has done bugger all in the same time. We...
  52. A

Bulldogs 2 points away from third

With two very winnable games coming up we could find ourselves inside the top 4...Pretty crazy. Pre Broncos match the chatter from the "experts" had us sounding like the worse team to grace a footy field. I'm not saying we are flying. We ain't. It's just funny how quickly the message changes...
  53. A

No surprise that when we have a proper halfback 2 weeks in a row we win both games

No way. Running lots more. Huge improvement from last year. Can't see why the solution to our problems is dump a guy who is improving. At this stage logic tells me he is a watch and see what happens prospect. I'd like to see how much improvement he has in him this year before a decision is made.
  54. A

No surprise that when we have a proper halfback 2 weeks in a row we win both games

No way. His game has come on leaps and bounds this year.
  55. A

Do we get cooper Cronk or Kieran Foran?

For me and what I'm aware of... it is more likely than not that Foran (at some stage) dabled in something he shouldn't have. He might have moved on since. He might have been smart enough to get away with it. He may never do something like that again. Probably won't. You would have to be an...
  56. A

Our fanbase has an unrealistic sense of entitlement.

I think the fascinating question in this is the money. Not so much what Des recieves but does having more money to spend on facilities and what-not greatly effect results? Other sports without salary caps, the rich teams dominate. I think political influence and TPP's play a bigger role in the...
  57. A

Des officially re-signed to 2019

He's still being watched
  58. A

Des officially re-signed to 2019

Foran isn't in the clear from match fixing yet. Great player but that's a worry for me.
  59. A

Mbye to regain spot?

It would be cruel and wrong to drop Reynolds after last week. Wasn't far off a bag of tries and FINALLY ran straight. Reynolds should be the first picked after the Broncos game
  60. A

Mbye to regain spot?

hope so
  61. A

Josh Reynolds 'sick in the stomach' over prospect of leaving Canterbury Bulldogs

He won Origin. Any player can win a comp with the right players around them.
  62. A

Channel Nine's Phil Gould says don't write off Des Hasler and the Bulldogs

-Des can coach but he isn't ruthless enough with his squad- is how I read this. Imagine if Des had been completely removed from recruitment and retention from day dot? Sure, the style might not be to people's pleasing but we would be winning games.
  63. A

The knife edge of adversity - will we rise or plummet deeper?

I think we will get the win against the Broncos. It won't mean that much though. I don't think Brisbane are going that well. A win against a good team that are flying is what's needed.
  64. A

I never trust form from week 1 to 4

I hit at over 75% over 4 years. I didn't say I don't punt before round 5. I just have a different philosophy. But go you!
  65. A

I never trust form from week 1 to 4

From a punting perspective I have a blanket rule to never trust form in the first four weeks. I start forming an opinion from week 6 onwards. Imagine we won the tight ones against Roosters and Storm?. We weren't far off. Yet Matty Johns writes an article that makes us sound like the worst NRL...
  66. A

The Halves Have To Change

Reynolds would have bugger all to do with that. His manager would and it's a negotiation. You start high and work down. Reynolds salary is not the problem. Licha, T-Rex, Mbye, Loyd Perrett and Abbey have been the issue.
  67. A

The Halves Have To Change

Reynolds kicked ok for Reynolds. I don't think this game came down to kicking
  68. A

What do they do all week at training?

I wonder the same thing. We might not have the halves to get us into position for set plays but we would find ourselves in those positions by fluke. What I find more baffling is when, occasionally, we execute a set play then NEVER see it again.
  69. A

Rebuild

Exactly my thoughts. Rebuilding. 5 year plans. These are a thing of the past. Recruit well in the off season and you're good to go
  70. A

Canterbury Bulldogs replace Steve Mortimer with inaugural female director Anne Sinclair

It's amazing... who has that level of interest to care about whoever was appointed to this position? How are you working out who has the credentials? What form guide are you reading from?? We could change the guy running water and someone would give a passionate response as to why we've gone...
  71. A

Brett Kimmorley's wife has passed away

Sad. As. Fuck. Poor bloke. Hurting family. Life's cruel.
  72. A

How much improvement can Mbye find in his kicking game?

Haha yeah I was thinking about this. Des needs to come up with a way of scoring under the posts only. Maybe encourage the players to take on the opposition once they cross the line. Cross-field in goal kicks and the like!
  73. A

Career wise in the 60's. Looks every bit a 60% kicker too. I'm just wondering if he is capable of pushing high 70's over a season?
  74. A

Short drop out.

It's crazy not to try the short kick if your on line defence is sound. Most of the time the attacking team gets tackled about 30m out from the long kick. Short or long kick the pattern is usually the same from the attacking team. Burn a few tackles to put on a set play. Its easier to put that...
  75. A

Hahaha he is goal kicking at 60something% I believe... The good kickers are in the 80's. A difference like that must cost you a few games per season? What surprises me most is that out of 20 odd footballers Moses is our 2nd best.
  76. A

Defence

Absolutely. The Warriors first try was the luck of the bounce. They didn't look like scoring
  77. A

I'm on the Montoya bangwagon. He looks ready made. But if Des does something very Un-Des and gives him a go it looks like Holland gets dropped. Enter: Moses Lotto Mbye. He needs to find a 20% improvement in his goal kicking and I'm not sure he can.
  78. A

Important to keep something in mind...

Zero chill right here, Grinch. What's next? Head to the orphanage and tell the kids nobody loves them.
  79. A

Mbye Pre NRL Career

I agree with Bulldogs09. Those are not good examples. If Reynolds was wearing the 6 at The Storm he would kill it.
  80. A

A factual break down of our first ten minutes against the Storm

Kas doesn't dominate as much if he starts. He's our most devastating player. You don't want to mess with that. Just more minutes is the only thing I'd like to see changed.
  81. A

Canterbury Bulldogs coach Des Hasler unshackles Moses Mbye and Josh Reynolds

I like Reynolds but his sideways run for the inside ball to Jackson was obvious and rarely produced much last year. Like the comment above, he needs another option.
  82. A

Steve Mortimer returning to beloved Bulldogs for NRL opener against Melbourne Storm

I don't know why people read too far into comments in these stories. Players gets asked a question and people think the response is an insight into how the team will play. Mortimer is a top bloke but everything he said is what you would expect him to say. It's like when Reynolds says he wants to...
  83. A

Des Hasler - Bulldogs premiership 2017

I'm of the opinion he is still a better coach than people that write on fan forums. So I still back him. He played a system that didn't work but backed it in because he thought it would. I don't mind that. It hasn't worked and he has to come up with something new that does. So, he either will...
  84. A

Bulldogs v Storm Trial - Team List and Discussion Thread

It's pure insanity if he isn't going to play. Does that mean you scrap set plays involving the fullback come finals or just pray things gel overnight? I'm not silly enough to think this hasn't been thought about but I'd bloody luv to know what the plan is.
  85. A

Bulldogs v Storm Trial - Team List and Discussion Thread

Couldn't agree more on the Hopps front. If he isn't going to play Sunday it's a MASSIVE concern. The idea of introducing someone new for the finals is crazy. Fingers crossed they have this all worked out
  86. A

Phil Rothfield reveals his NRL SuperCoach team 2017, tipping Lloyd Perrett as buy of year

Sam Kasiano could/can/does make a Wow impression in that amount of time. It is possible
  87. A

Bulldogs Auckland Nines Discussion

I really doubt you're going to get any understanding of how we will attack or defend this season from watching the 9's. The most fascinating thing I find is the ommision of Woolford... Unless he's injured
  88. A

Grub reveals Dogs deal, Origin shunning

He is worth the 400k. Look at other players in this team. Compare the number they get $paid to the performance. He is one of only a few that aren't ripping us off. If Mbye comes good as a 7 Reynolds will be fine. He has his limits but the guy can play. Unfortunately the way the team has played...
  89. A

Graham Guaranteed Captaincy

AGREED! We wasted too much cap space on players that don't play. Then the tactics are silly and the interchange is used woefully. Most players probably wouldn't look good in that set-up
  90. A

Surely Hoppa can't be in the starting 13?

Oh really? My bad. Didn't know that.
  91. A

Surely Hoppa can't be in the starting 13?

I have no problem with Hoppa. I have no problem with getting him on the cheap to provide depth. I can't get my head around having a player in your starting 13 that won't be at the GF if you make it? Most people here think we have no chance of making the GF, but still. Surely you have to go...
  92. A

Finals are cagey and that is what gives me hope

Finals are usually won in defence. Forwards usually dictate the outcome, this gives me hope. I don't think we need to have the classiest halves to win. I think we have to be the most aggressive on the day. Want it the most. My belief has been fading but a small part of me still believes Hasler...
  93. A

After ripping the club and team, what happens if we win the comp???

The Kennel: We won't win BUT if we do win it is because of advice WE gave out. We have won 8 premierships in our entire history over about 80 years. It just doesn't happen often. The way people talk on here we should win every year. Quit your jobs tomorrow, get into coaching and win back to back...
  94. A

Reynolds first half kicking game

Josh was bang on. Nailed all his kicks. Hope he keeps it up in the second half! The kicking game of the dogs cops a hiding on here so i thought i should big it up when they get it right. The tripping might an issue though...
  95. A

Winning ugly

The Tigers played well and were up for the game. Barring 2 or 3 blowouts they are having a reasonable season. They went toe to toe with the sharks, beat the Broncos and went down by one to the Storm. When they complete sets they are a good team. IMO opinion it wasn't that bad of a result.
  96. A

A legend's advice to Kieran Foran: go to Canterbury and play for Des Hasler

People saying sign him up and cut this player, that player and another two players... that leaves your squad with 3 less players and no room to upgrade say a... Reimis Smith. There's no patience either with giving our halves time to come up with combinations. Coote, Thurston and Morgan put on...
  97. A

Greg Eastwood new contract offer

If these figures are true... they make the recent Corey Norman figures (700k per season) look like the bargain of the century. Man he is going well.