Search results

1. Mike_B

What would the Kennel do?

All those saying Lewis will come in seriously no idea. Hoops will go to Fullback, Holland to centre and a forward on the bench. Hopefully Nu Brown if fit. Wooden spoon here we come.
  2. Mike_B

Crowd numbers tumble as Belmore bites Bulldogs again.

See 3 posts before yours lol
  3. Mike_B

Crowd numbers tumble as Belmore bites Bulldogs again.

There was some sort of Asian dance group or something practicing behind the stadium pre-kick off. Not sure what happened there... Instead we got to hear the DJ play unedited Hip Hop tunes which was family friendly.... PS not that I care... but it just shows how poorly the club is being managed...
  4. Mike_B

Lewis and Cleeland Now!

Lewis was average at best yesterday. Happy to give him a crack but he’s not the messiah.
  5. Mike_B

Are we paying anything for Moses Mbye to play elsewhere?

Andrew Hill said a few weeks back we won’t pay for players to play at other clubs... If we are paying for Mbye then off with his head I say!
  6. Mike_B

5 players for 500K

Not gonna be re-signed.
  7. Mike_B

Elliott: Dogs can defy critics to make finals.

Man this guy gets too many media opportunities. He’s shit and shouldn’t be talking so much, he should be focusing on getting better.
  8. Mike_B

The full extent and repercussions of Canterbury’s salary cap hell

Exactly. Prepare for the worst boys. It’s coming.
  9. Mike_B

It’s common knowledge which players from all clubs are coming off contract... Morris boys and Eastwood are gone. Offloading players means players that are contracted but we need to free up cap space to put together a full 30 man squad. We will lose a few good contracted players mark my word.
  10. Mike_B

I’m exaggerating to make a point, which is we need to release players to sign players. 14 players off contract, that means we need 14 (say 13 minus Cogger) to put a 30 man squad together. 13 in to 800k doesn’t work. To fill the squad we have to shed players who others will want to pick up...
  11. Mike_B

We could lose all off contract players plus any or all of Jackson, Klemmer, RFM and Woods (only players any club would want). Maybe even Foran and Mbye. So pretty much our team next year could look something like this... 1) Bergamin 2) Montoya 3) Holland 4) Hopoate 5) Olive 6) Nu Brown 7)...
  12. Mike_B

The problem we have moving forward is we are going to have to get rid of players to fit a full 30 man squad under the cap. That means we need to get rid of players mid contract that other teams will want. That means we are likely to lose the likes of Klemmer, Jackson and RFM. No other...
  13. Mike_B

You’re delusional if you don’t think this is on the money. Where there is smoke there’s fire. Des, Dib and Raelene have fucked us good.
  14. Mike_B

Wicked sister shorts

Don’t like the white sleeves. I actually prefer the traditional V which we have on the current jersey however the rest of it is shite. As for wicked sister I absolutely hate it. More than Kia! I like the 2013 jersey... Also don’t mind this version of the heritage from a few years back
  15. Mike_B

Barking dog sound effect....

Sounds like someone clearing their throat. Absolutely terrible...
  16. Mike_B

Holland to Center

Don’t bring Brown down to Holland’s level [emoji23]
  17. Mike_B

Holland to Center

Holland is a) Shit, and b) Shit. I’d rather anyone in lower grades get a crack ahead of him.
  18. Mike_B

Salary Cap Mega thread.

Exactly... where there’s smoke there’s fire... TBH I think we are screwed.
  19. Mike_B

Round 6: Dogs v Cowboys 3-2-1

Yep it was dumb from Fualalo. Completely his fault. 3 RFM (best thing to come from Des leaving is seeing this guy get minutes. Our best this season so far) 2 Elliot (I’m his biggest critic but he played his heart out( 1 JMK (kid can tackle!)
  20. Mike_B

This is our potential.

Good to get a win especially as I was expecting the Cowboys to come out firing. Tough win but let’s not getting carried away as the Cowboys were absolutely awful. I hope we can build off this but honestly not expecting anything more than a bottom half of the table finish this year.
  21. Mike_B

Throwback Thursday: Bulldogs vs Manly - explosive opening to their 1994 match at Belmore

Are you talking about the first multicultural game against Parra where we flogged them? Great day. Fans were climbing on the roof of the stand behind the posts it was that packed. It didn’t rain though...
  22. Mike_B

Round 6 line up - what the fans want

Love how everyone is hating on Montoya. Was arguably our best player last season. Form hasn’t been great this year but I’d say aside from Mbye and Foran the rest of the team have been shit too
  23. Mike_B

Lewis has to go to 1st grade

Lol surely you are kidding about us winning 5 games if we had Lewis in.... I’d like to see him get a run also but no way is just putting Lewis in going to change our results or form.
  24. Mike_B

Captain for this week

Normally it would have been J Moz under Des. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Woods or Klemperer get it....
  25. Mike_B

Constructive Critisism On Pay's Coaching So Far

Tigers are winning on the back of their defence. They are defending with heart. Unless the dogs start doing the same we’ll finish dead set last.
  26. Mike_B

So which outside backs are off contract?

Would keep the Morris twins on 300k a year. Invest the savings in a better 5/8 and strengthen bench if the right players are available.
  27. Mike_B

Round 3: Dogs vs Panthers 3-2-1

Woods was useless tonight.
  28. Mike_B

K Foran

Played his heart out. He was out on his feet the last 20 minutes but kept getting up. Took some hits too I was worried his shoulder was fucked.
  29. Mike_B

Will Hopoate

He did look quick chasing down Tedesco (I think) last week
  30. Mike_B

Frawley gone

JMK is not the answer.
  31. Mike_B

KLEMMER

Seen him turn his back plenty of times this season... what games are you watching ?
  32. Mike_B

One club?

Hate them all , especially Sydney teams. 1- Parra 2- St Merge 3- Rorters 4- Souffs (mainly because of their fans) These four interchange rankings based on what year it is lol
  33. Mike_B

Can we have some perspective please

Hey at least we aren’t as bad as Parra [emoji23]
  34. Mike_B

Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Honestly it’s the players not pay that need to have a long hard f’kn look at themselves. No heart. Useless bastards. Lichaa , Mbye and RFM only players having a dig.
  35. Mike_B

JMK

Think we need to give Nu Brown the bench utility role... Marshall has had two games to show us nothing
  36. Mike_B

Steve Folkes passes away aged 59.

RIP. A great Bulldog.
  37. Mike_B

Season launch video

Anyone seen this? I just watched it on FB and at the end it shows the players in order of what looks to be the starting line up... 1 Mbye 2 Morris 3 Morris 4 Hopoate 5 Montoya 6 Frawley 7 Foran 8 Woods 9 Lichha 10 Klemmer 11 Jackson 12 Elliott 13 Faitala Mariner 14 Tolman 15 Brown 16 Fualalo...
  38. Mike_B

Frawley?????

He’s average at best. Looked good when he came in because he had a better kicking game than Mbye which even I have...
  39. Mike_B

Reminiscing - N.Vagana

Was at the game. Great performance. Loved the celebration after the 4th try.
  40. Mike_B

Bulldogs Memories

Great memories on here. 1998 semi vs parra. I bought a ticket of some random bloke outside the stadium. Ended up sitting with him and his mates and they were all Parra supporters. They were giving it to me all game... I had the last laugh. I was sitting in that small area behind the posts...
  41. Mike_B

Bulldogs Memories

Great list
  42. Mike_B

We will win the comp in 2018

What quality halves are there left to sign...?
  43. Mike_B

New Bulldogs Website look

If you look at the draw they have the game times but am instead of pm [emoji23] seriously how hard is it
  44. Mike_B

“It’s time for madness”

Any photos of the mesh wall with the premiership years on it??
  45. Mike_B

Beastwood

Beast was one of my favourite players about 5 years ago... he was devastating back then but is unfortunately well past it now. Another back ended Des deal that has bitten us in the arse. Would love to see him regain form but I won't hold my breath...
  46. Mike_B

Who will be our X-factor in 2018

Hopefully Mybe at fullback. I think Montoya could have a big year. Lichaa could have a big year if he gets to play his natural game. Also agree if the Moz boys can get early ball they could surprise a few people.
  47. Mike_B

2018 Jerseys

While we are whinging about jerseys and sponsors how shit is it having M&J chickens and wicked sister on the uniform... seriously
  48. Mike_B

2018 Jerseys

My bad just saw that... odd.
  49. Mike_B

2018 Jerseys

I think you've labelled them wrong. Stripes is heritage, blue is away and black and blue is alternate... just saying. My opinion. Home is the worst design I've ever seen... seriously wtf is going on with the shoulders /collar. As much as I hate the red Kia logo the blue away jersey and the...
  50. Mike_B

Mbye set to become Bulldogs fullback

Tolman won't play off the bench. I'd say he'll play a lock type role. Workhorse tackler - a bit of a Simon Gillies without the skill...
  51. Mike_B

Bulldogs players for 2019, players off contract league wise. List included.

Best thing about the list is losing Eastwood and the Morris twins will free up atleast 1.5 mil in backended salary cap
  52. Mike_B

Mbye set to become Bulldogs fullback

Swap Frawley for Cleeland. Frawley had an opportunity as was average at best. Like to see Cleeland have a run in the halves with Foran. Or Foran at 7 and Nu Brown at 6.
  53. Mike_B

2018 Jersey?

I asked the question at the last members committee meeting several months back. The COO (can't recall his name) said it will remain red but the Kia logo will be smaller and the point of the V will be back. Unfortunately it looks like the pic is legit. The collar area all blue looks ridiculous.
  54. Mike_B

Question about membership packs 2018

They do.. the members committee. All were in favour off a gift voucher rather than the same old cheap scarf and hat. You can only have so much of those.... At least with the gift voucher you can put it towards purchasing decent merchandise.
  55. Mike_B

Question about membership packs 2018

Adult packs will include a gift card for 2018. Kids packs will include merch. It is around $20-$25 from memory.
  56. Mike_B

Michael Ennis Comments On The Bulldogs Culture: "They've Lost Who They Are"

What pisses me off about Ennis is that he considers himself a Shark these days. Yes he won a premiership with them but he played two bloody seasons with them. He seems to be always attacking us when he played longer for and captained our great club. There's a difference between attacking the...
  57. Mike_B

2018 IM EXCITED!!

Agreed. Good thing is Pay was a prop with an offload. Hopefully he won't hogtie Klemmer like Des probably did.
  58. Mike_B

Steve Mortimer backs Ray Dib at Canterbury Bulldogs elections

Well given he just gave him a job he was always going to be supportive...
  59. Mike_B

Dean Pay in Fiji

Probably not worth a new thread... But I'm in Fiji on holidays and just saw Dean Pay in Port Denarau. Of course like an excited child I called out Deanoooo and up the dogs! He replied with a "cheers mate" and that's all... lol He's probably on holiday too... but kind of hoping he's found the...
  60. Mike_B

The Press Conference is damning of Hasler

Dib made all those comments to save his arse.
  61. Mike_B

Dib Hints at exciting announcement next week

Eastwood or a Morris.
  62. Mike_B

Michael Maguire

I'd prefer Des to Madge. And I hate Des. Enough said.
  63. Mike_B

Pay or Brennan

If they sign Maguire we'll basically be the same team. No thanks
  64. Mike_B

How Graham offered pay cut to keep Reynolds at Bulldogs

I really have so much hate for those running the club at the moment.
  65. Mike_B

Jim Dymock says he's ready to take over from Des Hasler as Canterbury Bulldogs coach

Don't want Dymock as coach. He's played a part in this rubbish they've served up for the last 3 years... bring in Pay. Dymock can remain his assistant.
  66. Mike_B

Our run to the GF 2014 was it the players or the coach? You decide

2014 we had a great game against the storm then got lucky against Manly who were depleted through injury and Penrith were inexperienced. When we finally played a strong team we got flogged.
  67. Mike_B

Bulldogs Fullback fan poll

My vote is Patten. However, as much as I hate him now... Barba in 2012 was untouchable and arguably one of, if not the best individual season of any player, ever.
  68. Mike_B

Who is leaving?

Yep there was booing. I was one of them.
  69. Mike_B

What if?

We signed Teddy on for him to backflip. Surely that means there's some cash available. Cronk likes structured play - which is Des's style. Could do the media gig and have a coaching role post playing without having to travel to Melbourne. If this happens I'll be happy... but not holding my...
  70. Mike_B

Jersey Design Challenge

I can give some insight in to next years jersey. Kia logo will remain red, but will be slightly smaller and not as prominent a shade of red (slightly toned down). The point at the bottom of the V will return also which I'm happy about.
  71. Mike_B

Well done to the club!

There were not enough toilets - normally they have portaloos and they didn't open all exits so you had to walk all the way to the main stand side to exit at the end of the game. It's like they didn't expect a good sized crowd so didn't plan well. Either that or they are cutting costs at the...
  72. Mike_B

Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Agree would rather see this kid get minutes ahead of Eastwood moving forward.
  73. Mike_B

Steve Mortimer said Moses Mbye is Mick Ennis' replacement

Turvey is a champ. Last year for my mates bucks I contacted him and asked if he'd pop in to the leagues club to say g'day at the start of the day (we started with breakfast at the club). Turvey turned up, had a coffee with us and told us old stories of the club and games he'd played in. Legend.
  74. Mike_B

Mbye 360

Lol if he's practicing that much and still so bad there is no hope for him
  75. Mike_B

If given the coaching job what would you change?

You lost me at re-sign Wille Mason lol... Seriously though this is what I'd do; 1 B Morris 2 Lee 3 J Morris 4 Hopoate 5 Montoya 6 Brown 7 Foran 8 Woods 9 Mbye 10 Klemmer 11 Jackson 12 Elliot 13 Faitala-Mariner 14 Fualalo (only coz we don't have anyone better) 15 Tualau 16 To'omaga 17 Okunbor
  76. Mike_B

We need Hoko back

[emoji23]
  77. Mike_B

The most likely team des Hasler will line up next year

So he's not gonna play Aaron Woods? Lol
  78. Mike_B

Lichaa article

Pretty poor social media team as we know...
  79. Mike_B

Des Hasler after Manly losing the 1995 Grand Final (to the Dogs)

Said all along he came to the club to screw us over as payback for 1995. Also Manly and Dogs both have won the premiership 8 times. Des has been sent to ensure we never win another.
  80. Mike_B

Crappy year...1 positive

The only good thing to come out of season 2017. He even has a better short kicking game than out halves.
  81. Mike_B

What coach should the Bulldogs have right now?

Dean Pay. Need someone who understands the culture, can stick a rocket up these players, was as tough as they come so he won't tolerate any of this soft crap we are seeing these days. Those saying Dymock, he's Des's right hand man so he's part of this rubbish that's getting served up week in...
  82. Mike_B

We've got parra next....

Parra will pump us.
  83. Mike_B

Can we win 6 from the next 9?

I reckon we'll be lucky to win 4
  84. Mike_B

Best centres

Connolly was good and one of my faves, but not in front of Timu, Talau or Tonga in their prime.
  85. Mike_B

Best centres

SBW may have played a few games at centre. But he was never a centre. Lol
  86. Mike_B

Top 5 dud players of 2017

He's the worst player on the team. Even Lichaa is better! Lol
  87. Mike_B

Best centres

Vagana was untouchable in 2002. I'd go as far as saying he's our best ever centre. Stats don't lie and he was superb to watch. That game against Souths! - Talau - Tonga 2014 - Connolly - J Moz 2012 - McCracken - Timu - Farrar - Mortimers We've had some great centres.
  88. Mike_B

Top 5 dud players of 2017

To be fair, it should have been; 1- Mbye 2- Lichaa 3- Holland 4- Kasiano 5- Eastwood
  89. Mike_B

Montoya v Holland

Wait what? You actually thought Holland was a better winger at one point? Holland is slow, lacks skill and cannot defend. All he offers is goal kicking.
  90. Mike_B

Let's not get too excited

Nice to get a win. The boys played with some heart which is a start. That said, we scored a couple of lucky try's. Our halves for the most part still looked average in attack. This doesn't change anything. Still not a top 8 team. The one positive is Montoya. This kid is class and if Holland...
  91. Mike_B

All the talk of stats: Des Hasler makes the top 4 half as often as Bennett and Bellamy

I could have coached that Manly side to a premiership. Des is a myth.
  92. Mike_B

Talkin Sport with Ray Dib @ 4:15pm

Good on Graham for asking the tough questions. Dib ducked and weaved around them all. Some of his responses and comments were unbelievable. - I beg the fans to come out on Monday - Our stats are only bettered by Melbourne last 5 years - The Thursday games and weather has been the biggest...
  93. Mike_B

Fan rally

I'm in.
  94. Mike_B

Fan rally

http://www.flyingsigns.com.au/