Search results

1. Spoonman84

What's your gut feeling?

I can’t see anyone being sacked this week but it’s the start of the process. If we win a couple of games it will draw it out a little longer until the next bad loss when they pull the trigger.
  2. Spoonman84

Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

We would just be swapping one coach too stubborn to change with another one. With Tbaz it’s his Panther attacking structures and with Flanagan it’s his son as halfback. It’s something I really hope we don’t have to worry about.
  3. Spoonman84

Yeah I’d honestly have to take a step back in some degree if they go down that path.
  4. Spoonman84

I never really rated him as a coach he got the stars to align once for the premiership but he had plenty of negatives about him. The two major issues I have is that he hasn’t been a head coach for over 5 years and barely even a assistant coach in that time. Then theres the whole Kyle thing I...
  5. Spoonman84

Maybe I worded that wrong mate. I have no info about Flanagan what I meant was there seems to be two distinct groups you either really want Flanagan or you really don’t. I don’t want him any near the club for a bunch of reasons.
  6. Spoonman84

The Barrett clause

Any besides Boyd? It’s certainly not a common thing at all despite the attention the clauses receive. I should have a Shane Flanagan clause I’m going to find it very hard to get behind that appointment should it happen. Wasting several more years with Kyle at halfback isn’t my idea of a good time.
  7. Spoonman84

As long as they make the call it doesn’t bother me if it happens now or in 10 weeks. I respect others have a different view on it but it means very little in the medium to long term.
  8. Spoonman84

It’s more of a face saving exercise to make it look like they aren’t making a rash decision and giving Tbaz every chance to coach his way out of it.
  9. Spoonman84

Is it really that big of a deal? What benefit did we get from the games with Georgeallis in charge as a interim and mixing the side up? It’s already a disaster of a season and the interim coach can only do so much. As long as they get it all sorted and a new coach in place for day one of...
  10. Spoonman84

I doubt he’s sacked tomorrow but the wheels are in motion. We might even hear he has full support of the board this week but results will depend on when he’s given the bullet. If we get a couple of wins he could survive to the end of the year but if the loss’s continue he will be gone in weeks...
  11. Spoonman84

The Barrett clause

Yeah I have a hard time believing there’s clauses like that to begin with and a even harder time believing a player would ever activate it.
  12. Spoonman84

Really? I don’t think it’s really that unattractive. There’s some decent building blocks on the roster already, the junior pathways have been totally rebuilt and will bare fruit in the next year or two, stable board and the club is always financially secure. The club is also coming back from...
  13. Spoonman84

Gus staying silent on something is a big indication if something is actually happening.
  14. Spoonman84

Once the meetings start the writing is well and truly on the wall. Its only a matter of time now. The talent pool is really shallow and I think the majority of fans happiness or anger over the new coach will depend on where you stand on Shane Flanagan.
  15. Spoonman84

NRL 2022: Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett faces sack amid emergency talks | Daily Telegraph Canterbury officials will hold emergency talks on Monday as pressure mounts on coach Trent Barrett to remain in charge of the club. There is growing discontent among fans and club management alike which...
  16. Spoonman84

Canterbury officials will hold a meeting in the next 48 hours to discuss the team’s poor start to the season and the future of coach Trent Barrett. The Herald can reveal frustrated Canterbury powerbrokers spent the weekend on the phone to each other questioning whether the coach was still the...
  17. Spoonman84

Club reassurance??? Where is it.

What do you want them to do? Just shut down? Getting insulted by a team list is pretty over the top.
  18. Spoonman84

https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-rocks-footy-nrl/readys-mail-breaking-news-on-trent-barrett
  19. Spoonman84

Attitude is a element but it’s pretty obvious our physical conditioning is terrible and well behind other clubs.
  20. Spoonman84

A new coach can’t do anything about fitness either. There might be a slight improvement but not much.
  21. Spoonman84

It could only be Furner or Tangata Toa that would take over. There’s no way an interim would come in for the rest of the season from outside the club.
  22. Spoonman84

The Barrett clause

Can anyone remember a player actually activating one of these clauses over the past 20 years? They always get talked about but I’m struggling to think of one case where it’s ever happened.
  23. Spoonman84

The Barrett clause

Honestly is there anyone besides Burton that’s really so important we couldn’t lose them? It could actually be a good thing.
  24. Spoonman84

I’d say the board and admin have a different opinion to you on that.
  25. Spoonman84

It doesn’t matter when he’s sacked as long as he’s gone before preseason. Getting the right coach and staff in place is the most crucial thing now.
  26. Spoonman84

They won’t do it to protect themselves they’ll sack him because Tbaz has been a total failure and it’s the right course of action.
  27. Spoonman84

And who is getting voted in by the members then? Do you really think there’s a massive amount of people that are going to be qualified to actually run or do a better job? I don’t.
  28. Spoonman84

Rumour Burton Could Walk Out On Dogs

There really isn’t anything of substance in this article and it’s just a chance for Buzz to bring up how shit we and things that every average footy fan would have already known.
  29. Spoonman84

This year has been really disappointing with no sign of improvements. It’s why the next step has to done right I’d rather keep Tbaz this whole season if it meant getting the right personnel in place for 23.
  30. Spoonman84

Losing games, no improvement, poor recruiting/retention and a coaching merry go round have been the key ingredients for the Dogs for over 5 years. It’s just not sustainable to stay in the cycle and there will be a breaking point at some stage.
  31. Spoonman84

Rumour Burton Could Walk Out On Dogs

The Canterbury Bulldogs are facing a serious battle to keep their best player Matt Burton long term. Two terrible losses to the Newcastle Knights at Magic Round and the Canberra Raiders the week before have left the Bulldogs at rock bottom, the first team since the South Queensland Crushers in...
  32. Spoonman84

I have sort of disconnected myself from worrying about on field results in the short term I expect to lose every game and that’s my of coping with the current circumstances. I enjoy the odd victory because it blindsides me so much. As fans we are very much left in the dark about the direction...
  33. Spoonman84

If that’s what you need than hopefully the club could do something but personally there’s nothing the club could say at this point that would make me feel any better about the situation it’s in.
  34. Spoonman84

Let’s be honest the only true way to reconnect with members and fans is by showing that they are genuinely turning the results around on field. Any kind of message even it’s from the heart means absolutely nothing now. Getting results on and off the field are the only thing that will get the...
  35. Spoonman84

A generic PC media release saying they are trying hard and to be patient wouldn’t really do a thing for me because that’s the only thing they would do publicly. I just want the issues sorted.
  36. Spoonman84

Opinion Do we have a Laundry problem?

Others might not agree but give me the scandals of the early 2000's over this rubbish the club has been serving up for the last 5 years. The club will never regain its reputation as a winner that's long gone and there's no doubt it will cost the club for years to come with lost fans that walk...
  37. Spoonman84

How much longer can it be sustainable for the club to be in this cycle of buying players, releasing players and having a coaching merry go round with absolutely nothing to show for it? We are so lucky to have the Leagues Club at the minute but even then its just wasting it's money by ploughing...
  38. Spoonman84

Dogs Gone

39. Spoonman84

News Bulldogs directors losing patience with struggling Barrett

Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould has been very public in his backing of Trent Barrett but has a new challenge on his hands with the brittle Canterbury board splintering when it comes to the coach. It was always going to be tough for the loser of the wooden spoon clash at Magic...
  40. Spoonman84

No Source Jacob Liddle anyone ?

Probably the next cab off the rank after JMK in terms of worst starting hooker in the NRL so no thanks.
  41. Spoonman84

If he does so be it. I’d rather have a blank jersey than have a sponsor trying to to be a defacto CEO. Sponsorships are Warburton’s bread and butter and his main focus so it wouldn’t be such a big deal if Laundy walked.
  42. Spoonman84

Hansen’s involvement has been overstated since day one there’s no way he would have any influence on something like a coaching appointment. Gus and his ego wouldn’t let anyone else dictate the terms on how he manages things I have no doubt he’s calling the shots.
  43. Spoonman84

News Vaughan and Dufty off to England?

Didn’t Vaughan sign a pretty low ball deal after the BBQ thing with the Dragons? If there are English clubs after him he could be looking for a upgrade which could make the decision easier for the club.
  44. Spoonman84

Current vs Ex

Of course a team where you cherry-pick the best players from the past 7 years a with no cap is going to look better than one from a single season.
  45. Spoonman84

News Vaughan and Dufty off to England?

Why would we want another version of Braidon Burns?
  46. Spoonman84

News Sound like a broken record’: Barrett urges stars to step up as Dogs hit 26-year low

It can’t get much worse but I doubt it gets much better.
  47. Spoonman84

News Sound like a broken record’: Barrett urges stars to step up as Dogs hit 26-year low

They’d probably go with Furner due to his experience but yeah Tanagata Toa could be another option. Which ever way they go I doubt much improved until next year providing they find the right coach.
  48. Spoonman84

The caretaker is more than likely going to be Furner can you really see much changing? I can’t.
  49. Spoonman84

Opinion Tale of the tapes 1,7,9 and 13 failings to bring bulldogs undone in 2022

@Riggs80 pretty much replied for me. The NRL side is a dumpster fire at the minute with a coach who hasn’t shown any ability to improve players from rookies to veterans. I can’t see what positives there is to gain throwing them in the deep end when they aren’t ready. You can make a fair...
  50. Spoonman84

Opinion Tale of the tapes 1,7,9 and 13 failings to bring bulldogs undone in 2022

I foolishly said yes to going to this game with my best mate who is a Tigers fan. It ain’t going to be pretty.
  51. Spoonman84

I fear Baz won't get sacked.

These things are so cringeworthy and do absolutely nothing to achieve what they are set out to do.
  52. Spoonman84

That tradesman started as a apprentice and studied for four years and isn’t that what a junior does going through the grades? You wouldn’t chuck a apprentice onto a difficult job by themselves in their second year unless they were ready for it would you?
  53. Spoonman84

There’s certainly no point blooding them under Tbaz. History shows players only decline under his “coaching”
  54. Spoonman84

For every Barnett there’s a Averillo, Okonbur, BBO, Wakeham, etc. I’m not saying all these players would have been world beaters but being thrown to the wolves too early has no doubt effected their careers in a negative way. Blooding rookies if done right can be great but we have shown we...
  55. Spoonman84

The alarming thing is there’s more players that deserve to be dropped than stay in the team. You’re right about Dufty though he should be on top of the list followed by Naden.
  56. Spoonman84

I prefer playing the juniors when they are ready not just because first grade had shit the bed.
  57. Spoonman84

He also didn’t finish the game due to cramps so he might need some time to adjust to NRL. A couple of games here and there would be good for him.
  58. Spoonman84

Throwing rookies into this mess isn’t going to do a thing besides hinder their development.
  59. Spoonman84

Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

Kyle won't be going anywhere if Shane is the coach and no one else will be getting a look in at halfback.
  60. Spoonman84

Is he the next Fitzgibbon? No one knows until they are given a shot. Its a gamble but any new coaching appointment is.
  61. Spoonman84

Round 11 changes

The form of the rookie should be the main factor if they get promoted to NRL or not. You want these guys totally dominating lower grades before even thinking about it. Too many times over the last few years its been the poor form of players in the NRL side that has been the deciding factor...
  62. Spoonman84

I'd take Ciraldo but the talent pool is extremely thin. I think its one of the things keeping Tbaz in a job.
  63. Spoonman84

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

This season is done and has been for a while and in all likelihood Furner or Sandercock take over for the rest of the season. There really isn't a rush to punt Tbaz as long as its done before the end of this season. There isn't a instant fix for the rest of this season its going to get worse...
  64. Spoonman84

Kyle stinking it up won't be doing Shane any favours because you don't get one without the other.....
  65. Spoonman84

Round 11 changes

Throwing any youngsters like Kiraz or Toia into this current set up will do more harm than good. Maybe give them a game or two here and there but playing them for a long stint is more likely to shatter their confidence and it’s something they may never recover from. Playing in NSW Cup and...
  66. Spoonman84

Rugby league journalists are softer than baby shit. Tbaz has pretty much rinsed and repeated the same answers all year and never been pushed for answers. No one ever asks him how he’s going to actually fix the problem but in saying that’s it’s a moot point because it’s quite clear now that he...
  67. Spoonman84

I don’t think he does have a hard on for Baz. He’s probably given him enough rope to hang himself with results so he can say we have him every chance to turn it around but couldn’t. I know games like tonight are 80 mins of total punishment but in the scheme of things it doesn’t really make a...
  68. Spoonman84

Thats what you get with Gus though. His ego doesn’t let him stay quite but to be fair this was well known long before he returned to the club so we knew what we were signing up for.
  69. Spoonman84

I would take anything Gus says in public with a huge grain of salt. He knows how to play the bullshit media game better than anyone.
  70. Spoonman84

Official Knights vs Dogs - Positives

It’s ok guys we just have to weather the storm while the draw is tough and things will get better once we play teams lower on the table…..
  71. Spoonman84

Honestly what’s his strengths as a halfback? He looks totally out of his depth in first grade. If his old man wasn’t a NRL coach at the time he wouldn’t have gotten out of local A grade.
  72. Spoonman84

Official Round 10 v Knights Match Discussion

His other kick was a well timed lollipop that sailed out on the full.
  73. Spoonman84

I think most knew but at least we got further confirmation that Kyle Flanagan isn’t a first grader.
  74. Spoonman84

Is he still Mr 12%? Another loss probably knocks him down a percentage or two.
  75. Spoonman84

Pathetic but unsurprising. Lucky we played a mediocre Knights side otherwise it would have been 50 plus against a competent team.
  76. Spoonman84

Opinion Which team was worse?

They are all shit just like this pointless thread.
  77. Spoonman84

Am I missing something when I watch Patolo play? He looks dead set average and I’m not sure why he gets a start over Ava.
  78. Spoonman84

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Newcastle Knights Fri May 13 2022, 6:00pm at Suncorp Stadium 1 Matt Dufty AIWC 2 Brent Naden Tender Loving Care Disability Services 3 Aaron Schoupp TLH Recruitment 4 Jake Averillo Hy-Tec 5 Josh Addo Carr MMX Projects 6 Matt Burton Intello IT 7 Kyle...
  79. Spoonman84

RFM

Looks like he’s playing this weekend but I’d assume it’s NSW Cup.
  80. Spoonman84

RFM

I don’t think we can really factor him in as being a regular in NRL his injury history shows he is lucky to string a month of games together without missing games.
  81. Spoonman84

RFM

Let’s see if he can make it through a couple of games in reggies without getting injured before worrying about playing NRL.
  82. Spoonman84

Opinion Paul Alamoti

Just wait until he is legitimately smashing the door down and demanding selection by dominating NSW Cup. Most of the rookies promoted over the last 3-4 years have only gotten a start due to poor form of the NRL players which have seen the rookies play before they are ready and out of their...
  83. Spoonman84

Opinion Where is clown Khoury, where is the board crisis meetings for who appointed the fraud?

I have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes but why the hell would you want it all played out in the media to give the likes of Rothfield a leg up with ammunition for months?
  84. Spoonman84

Baz can't prepare a team to go out and win.

Yeah I'd much rather keep any promising players out of this current side. There's more to gain dominating lower grades than getting thrown in the deep end with the dumpster fire at NRL level.
  85. Spoonman84

Was the Fix on? (Clear agenda)

Never understand why people still watch football if they really believe there is a “fix” going on…..
  86. Spoonman84

Lets play a game....

The actual meters per hit up aren’t that bad it’s the low amount of hit ups that was the problem which goes back to handing the ball over to the Raiders constantly.
  87. Spoonman84

Josh Jackson

He is more cooked than a servo pie but I can definitely still see him starting at lock.
  88. Spoonman84

Official Round 9 v Raiders Match Discussion

Did we even defend that well? I got sucked in to thinking that at halftime but the Raiders through nothing at us and asked no questions.
  89. Spoonman84

Burton and Fox had some nice moments but the vast majority of game was the Raiders camped in our half with the Dogs doing their best to give the ball back to them at every opportunity. You aren’t missing a thing by not watching it.
  90. Spoonman84

Count yourself lucky that you don’t have to put yourself through 80 mins of punishment.
  91. Spoonman84

We deserved to lose that by much more than 10. Burton, Fox and Pangai Junior can get on the bus home the rest can walk home.
  92. Spoonman84

How isn’t that a instant hook for JMK after that shithouse last tackle option?
  93. Spoonman84

Why the fuck is JMK giving the ball to Dufty over Burton on the last?
  94. Spoonman84

Matt Frawley

Good to see the coaching staff doing their homework on Frawley. He is a one trick pony with that show and go and of course it works against us.
  95. Spoonman84

Totally embarrassing with the ball in hand luckily our defence has kept us in it but once they start like this they rarely turn it around.
  96. Spoonman84

Shows you how lazy on the video the coaching staff must be that’s Frawleys bread and butter. It’s embarrassing that he scored from it.
  97. Spoonman84

Opinion Biggest game of season?

These next two games are probably the biggest games for the club in the last 3 years. Gus and Tbaz have been saying we have improved well now is the time to show it. Stringing 3 wins on the trot would be a huge step forward and show that the Roosters game wasn’t a fluke. No game should be...
  98. Spoonman84

It’s definitely winnable but the side needs to notch a few wins on the trot before I’d be confident of winning against any side. Hoping for the best but I’m not expecting anything.
  99. Spoonman84

I’m not saying we will win I’m not confident at all given what we have dished up over the last few years but a spine of Elliott, Frawley, Schneider and a out of form CNK is definitely weak. The fact they are favourites says a lot about the Dogs.
  100. Spoonman84

There really shouldn’t be excuses and this is more than winnable. This is probably the weakest side we will face this year. We should be winning this and winning it well however if we actually do that is a whole different matter. 1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4...