Search results

1. Doogie

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

My guess is that most see some footy light at the end of the tunnel and are looking at this and seeing it affect the team. What the dumb cnts don't see is that internal adversity can send the team to a higher level if the culture is on point. Topine and the media is just noise. An opportunity...
  2. Doogie

Yes. Yes. No idea. That help?
  3. Doogie

That bro - is some mighty fine work. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
  4. Doogie

Don't enjoy an argument bro. Just happen to be good at it. And if you go back 30 pages you'll find I've said many times, Topine was badly advised and it should never have come to this. So I definitely don't agree with Topine's position. What I really don't agree with is this immediate pile on...
  5. Doogie

You're right but..... I didn't open the door about changing thread titles. But if people want to play - I'll play. My rules seem pretty fair. Bet they don't take it up though.
  6. Doogie

Yeah other avenues. Like from August to Feb where the mediation occurred. As disgraceful as justifying online bullying of a mental health kid because he deserves it because u read a newspaper article? But hey - a muppet is always going to recognise a clown show. Guess you're right...
  7. Doogie

Yeah. 3 tours of afghan and you can see it in his eyes.
  8. Doogie

Well if nothing doing - then why we paying out at all? I've never said the club was wrong. All I've said is its weak as piss to pile on a kid with mental health problems and to let the courts decide. And whenever someone has pulled some tripe from some 'reliable source' (aka a newspaper) - I've...
  9. Doogie

Sure. I'm good with that. But if the Dogs make any sort of payout or it makes it to court, both which I've said all along, you ok with us changing the thread title to 'Shanked tried a circle jerk and just ended up shooting in his own face?' Fair fair I reckon.
  10. Doogie

Well - not really. Using my awesome google lawyer skills, once the statement of claim is lodged, Dogs have 28 days to submit a defence. If they chose not to, then the judge can base his decision on what was presented by the plaintiff. Now whether that decision requires evidence to be provided...
  11. Doogie

Nope - keeping away from the real crackers these days and sticking to Dogs threads - and yet look what I attracted. Go figure.
  12. Doogie

Remind all you want. You claimed I brought in the Lehrman case. Wrong. You admitted you did because of some weird perception of what I put in that thread. Wrong. And you are saying I'm falling for what the press says when its clear all along - I'm doing the very opposite. Wrong again. And...
  13. Doogie

Quits. Nah. We just got started :smilingimp:.
  14. Doogie

Yep - poor data management vs some evidence that he's not actually suffering and good to go are a fair way apart. Just the usual media whoring which no one has any actual basis on. Could be he's stooging and good to go, could also be its just a bog standard IT fck up. Know from my experience...
  15. Doogie

So u admit you were baiting. Good to know. As I said b4 - for someone so keen on peoples behaviours - can say this opened my eyes. @DinkumDog - in this instance - apologies. I was wrong and you were right.
  16. Doogie

So who exactly compared this to the Lehrman rape case? Who exactly made the specific reference of my guy as though it was some piss poor attempt at baiting? In case you forgot. For someone that likes to complain a lot about peoples behaviours - glass houses come to mind.
  17. Doogie

At some point people will realise why Murdoch groups shitty reporting gets so many clicks is from people who want to rail against it. yet if you ignore it - it will all eventually go away.
  18. Doogie

I'm guessing that managers have a database that reminds clubs of who's coming off contract so they can consider there rosters. Clubs can reach out straight away if they are interested and do nothing if they are not. Just like any spam. Also add that remediation talks broke down between the...
  19. Doogie

My comprehension? U think we'll see a project special and spotlight special and all hours of other bloodsuckers devoting time to this? Not unless its the slowest of slow news days of all time and journos are legitimately bored. Your assumptions are ass.
  20. Doogie

Or he didn't realise it was sent until the media got tipped off. you don't get spam in your inbox? Its all believable at this point bro - let the courts decide.
  21. Doogie

u comparing the attention of a rape accusation in parliament house (where both parties went media whore) with a training incident in the nrl. Sure.
  22. Doogie

Its all good bro - everytime he needs to shit I just move aside and let it through. I'm sure you need to be fed.
  23. Doogie

Lol. 1) So where exactly are all the pro-dogs anonymous sources coming from then. Random interested parties? 2) Naive then. 3) Its a HR issue now. And once you lawyer up, no lawyer is allowing an uncontrolled truth session. Naive again. 4) So Brucey is in jail is he? You might want to go back...
  24. Doogie

Maybe u should just read the entire conversation first b4 u comment. You wouldn't look so stupid. But since we're here - I'm the one saying let the courts decide. Your the one saying guilty as charged because of media snippets. So who exactly is up who's asshole Mr Mushroom?
  25. Doogie

Ssshhhh. Don't ruin the narrative. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
  26. Doogie

1. Name one Dogs official on the record on this. Topines lawyer is. Topines manager is. So who do ya reckon is putting out all the pro-Dogs stuff on this? 2. You're kidding yourself. 3. What do you think this is all about - workplace and HR. 4. So you want to compare Brucey - how does trial by...
  27. Doogie

And if the Dogs provide no evidence to counter this and with how....loose.... WHS laws are these days - you think thats hard to do? Like what Judge is going to say that 'standard' NRL practice is acceptable these days?
  28. Doogie

On what basis?
  29. Doogie

I'm not sure what I said is any different to what you've said. In lieu of the Dogs providing any evidence to counter the statement of claim, the statement and evidence provided by the plaintiff is prima facie. So I assume the Dogs provide evidence to disprove the plaintiff. Agree with your...
  30. Doogie

U don't think all the anonymous sources supporting the Dogs side of the argument aren't from the Dogs themselves? And you also think that the Dogs would be more fair and equitable? Moment anyone pulls a HR card in any business, all bets are off on both sides. Let the courts decide.
  31. Doogie

Like the shopping around Mr. wokey from the anonymous source? Well his manager said it was an autogenerated email from his player contract system. And Tyran Smith put his name to this - not 'anonymous source'. That is directly testable in court, unlike anonymous sources.... Said it all along -...
  32. Doogie

Nope. Fckd up again it seems. Any lawyer that present a statement of claim is legitimate until proven otherwise. Has anyone proven otherwise? Or you just like wanking off the little bits of media you get and making big outrage judgements. Funny hey - if this was about the right to be a cross...
  33. Doogie

Nah. NRL aren't doing squat. Reckon the best they can do is offer $$$'s. Either for the court case which isn't going to happen or for the payout which is a green light to everyone else. Dogs aren't going to court - months of dirty laundry? And before you say no dirty laundry, everyone has dirty...
  34. Doogie

All facts my man. I can only talk to what my guy has shown me, told me, plus what Ansto put in the rags. And the lbg reared its head roughly around the time of the Hunters Hill debacle so pretty topical. So I've seen the EPA govt report. Very different from what you guys tell people. Thats fine...
  35. Doogie

Probably because you weren't asked to go to Moscow alone to present. Go figure.
  36. Doogie

No it doesn't. I'm lying :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: Also lying about the taso incident where ANSTO went to primary schools for show and tells with alpha emitters. they looked like tasos. Some kid at one of the primary schools pinched it. Unfortunately by the time the ANSTO...
  37. Doogie

Who said they dumped it in the river? They dumped it near the river - hence all the tritium tracing work done over the years. and for the record - that blurb above came from the ANSTO website. thought I was making shit up right?
  38. Doogie

Guess you misread - the ASIO stuff was done because he was our nuclear rep for an IAEA in Moscow and was interacting with foreign agents and ASIO were worried he would be 'corrupted'. Problem was - he didn't know shit. Pretty sure you aren't taught secret spy stuff if you are emptying the bins...
  39. Doogie

ANSTO is responsible for the Little Forest Legacy Site (LFLS) located within the ANSTO Buffer Zone boundary. This site, formerly known as the Little Forest Burial Ground (LFBG), was used by the Australian Atomic Energy Commission (AAEC) during the 1960’s to dispose of waste containing low levels...
  40. Doogie

Nah. Always take a duty to reply to all my fans. 8-)
  41. Doogie

I don't need to assume anything. I have the deets of Topine's punishment for being 10 mins late. I have Knights punishment for being late. No idea how long or even if the late is true. But when I line up the punishments, they are miles apart. Now maybe others have been Topined and are ok with...
  42. Doogie

ANSTO back in the day dumped all their shit in a pit out the back not far from the river. 30 years worth of shit. When the EPA pulled them up on it and said what exactly have you buried there (and this is a public access location or used to be), they said, hmmmmmm...... lots of shit. Fckd if we...
  43. Doogie

I counted 4 in 3 sentences. That has to be a record - maybe? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
  44. Doogie

NATA are a laugh too but I think that because people misunderstand what they are about. They just ensure you have a process. The process can be shit, awesome or whatever - you just have to have a process. People think they police a good process. Nope. Funny side story - mate of mine started as...
  45. Doogie

So u don't know about the little burial ground? And u work or worked for ANSTO right? Mebbe go have a chat to Tim Payne and he can tell you all about it. Its even on your own website ffs. And no, if it was a backyard op in Lakemba you'd be flogging isotopes to every second guy. You guys don't...
  46. Doogie

Lot of maybes :tearsofjoy:
  47. Doogie

Am I? So how come i know about the little burial ground? Or the primary school fiasco (that one was in the Leader plus my inside knowledge). Or the beta incident that 3 years later arpansa still hadn't ruled on. The liquid nitrogen incident - well that guy - we went to Uni together and still...
  48. Doogie

You made a bet and didn't back it up when you lost. Think the integrity of my words is better than you. Thanks for your comment though.
  49. Doogie

lol. you clowns left alpha emitters in a primary school, moved some beta in the back of a car but forgot it was there until a site scan picked up on it a few days later and my fave, the senior safety manager that got caught burning warts off his fingers with liquid N. And got a promotion two...
  50. Doogie

BB works at ANSTO? Knowing a few of the cowboys there - that explains so much :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
  51. Doogie

No idea - go see a lawyer. My workplace takes shite like this very seriously - so what would probably happen if you had no long term impacts is they'd give your boss a rollicking. If you did have long term impacts - go see a lawyer. But also know thats it for your job though - but you'd...
  52. Doogie

So - its on him if he offs himself because he should get help to deal with people like you putting shit on him online? So you have some sort of right to put shit on people if it gives you the kicks? That up there with some of the best stuff I've ever heard on TK. Well played.
  53. Doogie

Thanks again @jof
  54. Doogie

Deflecting or failing to repeat what I've already said 20 times in this thread? Haven't seen anywhere that said he being punished was the problem, the level of punishment was. In particular given his view that he didn't need to be there for strapping and didn't think it applied to him. You or...
  55. Doogie

Old work colleague of mine played fringe 1sts with the Bronks and Raiders as a 2nd rower back in the naughties. Also flipped to super league for a couple of years. Got a science degree while playing and gave up at 24 because of two broken jaws in two years. Worked with me with his degree for a...
  56. Doogie

Because they have this nasty habit of killing themselves occasionally. I know right - its very inconsiderate.
  57. Doogie

Well then, its really simple. Let it go to court, let all the facts hit the table and then make judgements. Or is that too hard considering the story coming out of the Dogs was it was online comments that sent him to the mentals? We really need to trash that r u ok thread. Appears it only...
  58. Doogie

or - they no longer do that level of punishment. all I can base this on (not being privy to the inner sanctum) is a hair dye is pretty light on relative to this.
  59. Doogie

On the outer? You know he started the week before the training sess. And he lawyered up when the Dogs said see ya later, your sick leave is up and since you're not coming to training, you can fck off. And u need help 4 your mental health issues, hope you get it. Or so the statement of claim...
  60. Doogie

The idea of meeting standards. But if the punishment does not fit the crime it counters what its trying to achieve. Johns quotes were in August last year and thought it was fair. Pre court case. So without all this extra noise. And a few others have come out recently as well. Do they really...
  61. Doogie

You think Matty Johns is reasonably fair? According to him in August last year its a fine line between punishment and humiliation and if true, he couldn't see what anyone gets out of it.
  62. Doogie

And the clubs statements, knowing this has been in mediation since August last year don't hold some bias? And exactly where does pussy come into this? Why are you so upset?
  63. Doogie

Thats fair except as I added above. Not much fun watching someone kill themselves. Yes thats the extreme but you regret a lot of shit afterwards.
  64. Doogie

Upset? I'm laughing my ass off at all of this. So much self righteousness from a range of people who weren't there, selectively pull out whatever quote fits their world view and therefore feel entitled to pile on a kid with mental health issues who in all likelihood fckd up (a 21 yr old) and is...
  65. Doogie

Yep - thats my point. You can all insinuate up to your eyeballs but the moment I do I get called for it? Are we not on even playing fields here?
  66. Doogie

That might be the case. He could be a soft cck thats looking for a payday. Or he could have been screwed over big time in that training session, especially when he could have apparently got his hair dyed. All I'm saying is: 1) their appears enough here for a court case. If not - then why were...
  67. Doogie

But u said he was late to wrestling because the court documents said so as quoted by the Australian and therefore I was wrong. :innocent:
  68. Doogie

So was Knight. And he got his hair dyed. You think they are the same? Or do you need to have a GF hosting the Sunday show to dodge a real punishment?
  69. Doogie

well this is from the Guardian. According to the statement of claim filed in the New South Wales supreme court, Topine alleges that in response to being “approximately eight to 10 minutes” late, he was singled out for an additional, unscheduled session after the conclusion of the wrestling set...
  70. Doogie

Yet when I was playing cricket, strapping and warm ups were separate things and you weren't required to be strapping (we called it med prep) if you were good to go. Pretty sure neither of our experiences are relevant for this.
  71. Doogie

Me. Already said I don't know anything different from what everyone else does. So you've seen the actual statement of claim or just taking the Australians word for it? You know - Murdochs Australian.
  72. Doogie

1st post. In the statement of claim, it is alleged that Topine had no idea why he was being punished – he thought he had arrived 20 minutes early, as he didn’t need strapping prior to the session. “The plaintiff arrived late to training in circumstances where he made a mistake in relation to...
  73. Doogie

Strapping is to prevent injuries. If you don't need strapping, then what are you there for? Are you part of the inner circle and know how it works? Same with you @belmore_utd . I'm not. Just making the case that, if someone said to me we're at training for goal kicking training at 8 then...
  74. Doogie

That Knight got a different punishment because Topine was late for wrestling. He wasn't. He was early. And by your reckoning that the punishment fits the session, what was Knight late for? Hair styling? Waxing? A workplace where if you have already been site inducted within a set period of...
  75. Doogie

Clubs never go overboard - Shane Strempel from the AFL. Walls took his players to a corner of the Carrara ground after a training session and told them to form a circle. He then produced a bag, which contained boxing gloves. Some of the Bears' biggest players, including Alex Ishchenko, Roger...
  76. Doogie

Was relevant when you thought you were right but now its not relevant when you are factually wrong? :tearsofjoy: Did u need to be there at 8 for strapping when you apparently don't need strapping? Do you need to be early for a site induction when site visiting when you are already inducted...
  77. Doogie

Well it was Getty. Gospel then?
  78. Doogie

Topine was 10 mins early for wrestling training. He was 20 mins late for strapping before the wrestling. Which he claimed he didn't need. So maybe he should have been strapped then?
  79. Doogie

Does it matter? Everyone else takes whats in a rag as gospel. Until its not.
  80. Doogie

According to the article posted on the thread - the quote was 'he won't be late again to training any time soon'.
  81. Doogie

Not my argument. Thats workplace laws for you. You cannot 'punish' workers differently for the same issue. Topine was 20 mins late with what seems a reasonable argument. How late was Knight? You get a new hair do for 10 mins but get flogged badly for 20 mins? Don't make the rules bro. I have...
  82. Doogie

Then you should know that its about interpretation. And its for the courts to decide whether the interpretation is substantive. Someone here posted about Topine punching the poker tables hard last year so what money are you getting out of him. Was probably on $200k a year. Not exactly Haas...
  83. Doogie

So if the Dogs had no case to answer for, why settle? Let all the facts come out in court. This is my guess as to what happened. And its a guess. Nothing to base it on at all except the media. 1) Topine is late because he doesn't need strapping 2) Gets told he's getting punished and basically...
  84. Doogie

Except this wasn't training. This was punishment for a team infraction that when compared to another who committed a similar infraction, was miles apart.
  85. Doogie

So you saying the punishment was horrific? And what century of football? No one practiced wrestling until the late 90's. Go back to the 70's and training was running around the block and a few mock drills on the park. And now you say he has issues and then you say that it was due to being...
  86. Doogie

Or the Dogs fckd up and now if you are late for training you get to dye your hair white. I don't pretend to know exactly what happened and why. You seem to though - please share your sources. Unless you are talking your opinion again. So we wait to see what the court case is about. Not that...
  87. Doogie

I'll just leave this here. September last year. https://www.ogroup.com.au/2023/09/04/setting-workplace-standards-or-something-worse/
  88. Doogie

Nope. But apparently you do. Cannot script this shit.
  89. Doogie

So heres some facts for you. Whatever happened at that training session caused a kid that was considered leadership material to walk. It also caused 4 or 5 other players to basically go, nope too much. Including the Club Captain at the time. For a workplace incident, Topine's name was all over...
  90. Doogie

U mean Kikau and Thompson in the forwards? Half? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
  91. Doogie

Yeah fair play. But maybe thats why society is so shit. I was brought up if you haven't got something nice to say, STFU. So why do people have to comment? Especially when the 'facts' are whatever you read in the rags. Guess it gets clicks.
  92. Doogie

To the same level as Topine? Guess we'll find out some actual facts in the court case.
  93. Doogie

You know - u should check up some facts b4 u comment. Topine's last game was the 15th July last year. He started. The wrestling incident was 3 days later. Sort of destroys your first point doesn't it? And the rest, you are entitled to your opinion.
  94. Doogie

See @jof post above. If thats the deets, then thats a fair case. Is it worth $4M, not my call. But if true, the Dogs didn't handle this well. Especially when you can point to Liam Knight.
  95. Doogie

So, unless I'm wrong and if I am, please share. You and I know fck all about what happened apart from a few newspaper articles and some tweets. Its about to go to court where the real deets come out. In your book he's guilty now and in my book the benefit of the doubt until the deets come out...
  96. Doogie

Hashbix. At least get that right.
  97. Doogie

So 21 year olds make mistakes, people under mental duress make mistakes but he needs to take personal accountability. Good 4 you grandad. Been a long time since you were 21 - put your dentures back in and STFU :tearsofjoy:
  98. Doogie

So this happened 10 months ago. What do you think has happened between now and then? Lots of talk in the background. Thats how it ends up in a $4M lawsuit. And if Liam Knight had to get his hair dyed for being late (if true), then the kid has a very fair argument to say he was bullied out of a...