Search results

1. CroydonDog

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

Good morning Kennellers who like cricket. A bit of a late start to the summer (northwithanding the recent conclusion to the WBBL), with the following coming up: This Wedneday - anniual PM X1 game in Canberra (v Pakistan). Then 3 tests v Pakistan in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney. Then 2 tests v...
  2. CroydonDog

News Ronnie Palmer

Been told by the Tigers he's not required. Dudes in his 70s now but he was as Rugby League as dencorub...
  3. CroydonDog

Official Mick Potter NSW Cup Coach 2024

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2023/11/04/potter-poised-to-spearhead-nrl-bulldogs-future-as-cup-coach/?fbclid=IwAR1c5ZESKCt8Y1i5HCgJPDQZwpB165nNKVxU1T1NfgPGesUtPj9IIvA1BXI
  4. CroydonDog

News Sign this guy up now!

From Dubbo, home of Bobcat. What a machine. Sorry it's a Facebook link, I couldn't find another one that wasnt behind a paywall: https://fb.watch/n1f3sXLeRa/?mibextid=Nif5oz
  5. CroydonDog

News Mad Monday

Here's a summary the Daily Mail. Bill Crews does fantastic job from his joint in Ashfield. My only personal anecdote was about 15 years ago, I found myself alone for Xmas, and I called them a few days beforehand to see if they needed any volunteers for the day. I was told by a nice lady that...
  6. CroydonDog

Moses M'Bye

Been released by the Drags. Going to the UK?
  7. CroydonDog

News Hook Hooked

If Weedler says Griffin is sacked, he's sacked...
  8. CroydonDog

Jerome Luai's hair

So, should Jerome get a haircut? Is it disrespectful to his culture to ask that? Is anything below the top of the jersey fair game? Will this become more of an issue as long haired player numbers increase...
  9. CroydonDog

News Curtis Scott

In case you were wondering what happened to the former wife beater... https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/former-nrl-star-curtis-scott-filmed-in-wild-bush-footy-brawl/news-story/c54ff511bee2654d21dd83e50ad29326?fbclid=IwAR1OORXFm2FokqELoAbF4LomKQE7cN5WaCPkeyddhhW1XxMkW9Z3X3kGnp4
  10. CroydonDog

News John Sattler Dead at 80

As the old saying goes: They don't build them like that anymore. https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2023-john-sattler-dead-at-80-south-sydney-rabbitohs-legend/c85c1bed-9746-4dcc-9152-cd19c07069de
  11. CroydonDog

News Josh Maguire cops 7 week ban in ESL

No idea what he said (these articles never do seem to tell you), but it must not have been good? It just says it relates to a slur re disability...
  12. CroydonDog

News St Merge?

The Drags float name change to members https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/st-george-illawarra-dragons-open-door-to-drastic-name-change/news-story/f36499a810199aba1e2c4a4bf628b924?utm_campaign=EditorialSB&utm_content=SocialBakers&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=news.com.au
  13. CroydonDog

News Dylan Brown

Locked up long term at the Eels https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-transfer-news-contracts-dylan-brown-resigns-new-deal-parramatta-eels-reaction-mitchell-moses-contract-update/news-story/bae08e3882d6f935e222f693f90fe539
  14. CroydonDog

Cricket 2022/23 thread

Ok cricket fans. Have at it. @Psycho Doggie @Mr 95%
  15. CroydonDog

News Luciano Leilua charged

Samoa could be a man down? ... https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-luciano-leilua-charged-for-alleged-domestic-violence-allegations-north-queensland-cowboys/news-story/9d64156c1cfe290484ac0b7c27d7714b
  16. CroydonDog

ARLC buys Brisbane Hotel

I'm surprised this hasn't received much attention outside Brisbane. Gambaro's a bit of a Brisbane institution. its on the infamous Caxton Street, less than 5 minute walk from Suncorp/Lang Park. I was just was organsing a lunch there next week and remembered this story from a last week. II...
  17. CroydonDog

Penriff getting new stadium

And they dont even have to move whilst its being built: https://www.austadiums.com/news/1190/paceway-negotiations-allow-panthers-to-stay-home-in-2023
  18. CroydonDog

News Cameron Ciraldo

According tot he Telecrap, Tigs are to put a 5 year deal to him (from the headline i saw anyway - article is behind paywall). From the FB post: "The Wests Tigers have put together an unprecedented offer in a bid to woo top coaching contender Cameron Ciraldo - a deal Gus Gould is doing his best...
  19. CroydonDog

Josh Dugan

In case anyone was wondering where he's ended up...
  20. CroydonDog

SEQ & NSW rain / flooding thread

Anyone else fucking sick of it? I understand you're also getting a bit in Sydney?
  21. CroydonDog

Karaoke

I found two previous threads with this title - that last one started by KE in 2009, so here goes. Due to me naively giving full control of organising our office xmas party to the admin girl in the office, this evening we are going to.... Karaoke. I like to think i'm Roger Daltrey or Jimmy...
  22. CroydonDog

News No love for the Milf

NRL not registering his contract at the moment. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-30/nrl-refuses-to-register-anthony-milford-south-sydney-contract/100663124
  23. CroydonDog

Luke Brooks

Looks like he's going to Newcastle
  24. CroydonDog

The "How Good is?" thread...

Hi All, Inspired by our PM, this off season i'm looking for people to share what makes them say "How Good is"? This is a bit similar to engine rev thread I suppose, but i'm just looking for things that maybe you do as a fairly mundane thing as part of your daily lives, maybe its a guilty...
  25. CroydonDog

News Zero tackle ladder

Good onya zerotackle.com who is putting this up as the 2021 NRL ladder. This should also help our chances in 2022...
  26. CroydonDog

News Penriff cops a fine and trainer banned for dodgy stoppage

Fair enough? https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-opens-investigation-into-panthers-controversial-stoppage-in-finals-win-over-eels/news-story/63a96ab93fa338ea5b3d31e6b2b0df30
  27. CroydonDog

Opinion Vaccine Passports? Yes or no?

Following on from Assassin's poll on getting the jab voluntarily, I'm curious on the thoughts of others re any proposed "vaccine passport". I'm talking domestically here (so we can go interstate, go to concerts etc), as opposed to needing one for international travel. I must admit initially i...
  28. CroydonDog

Cricket 2021/22 Thread

With the Dogs season done, the footy season is done. and we turn to cricket, including the Ashes this summer (Covid permitting). Have my tickets to Day 3 of the Gabba test, raring to go. First cab off the rank is the possible cancellation of the sole maiden test v Afghanistan. I guess when it...
  29. CroydonDog

No Mad Monday

I appreciate it was "officially" banned, but surely there should have been some player doing something stupid in the Valley on Monday? As Sportsbet posted on FB: NRL Journos after no Mad Monday Scandals...
  30. CroydonDog

Mal Meninga to take a pay cut

Nice work if you can get it. $200K+ and no games to coach... https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/kangaroos-coach-mal-meninga-to-cop-325k-pay-cut/news-story/10d2ca6ee3c35e89ddedb8401b9679f1?utm_campaign=EditorialSB&utm_source=news.com.au%20Sport&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_content=SocialBakers
  31. CroydonDog

Good news for Round 22

Crowds are allowed back! Round 22 game v Warriors will be at Redcliffe and will be the first half of a double header. https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/10/new-venues-announces-in-revised-round-22-draw/ https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2021/08/10/redcliffe-to-host-round-22-warriors-fixture/
  32. CroydonDog

Jimmy the Jet

so, another day, another breach, albeit a pretty minor one in comparison. But, did he not get the memo or something...
  33. CroydonDog

Phil Mickelson wins UGPGA at 50

It's not enough that he's standing on the wrong side of the ball of all of these years, Lefty has just won a major at 50. There's still hope for me. Guy approached the last hole like, well, a pro, and the crowd went nuts...
  34. CroydonDog

Israel Folau / Clive Palmer - Comedy Gold

Anybody else watching this press conference. Hilarious. He's super excited to be playing C Grade local footy with Clive as his backer. Only on the Gold Coast could this happen.
  35. CroydonDog

Social Media Fails

I saw this quite funny story today about IGA Yass's hashtag fail (not sure why Queer News is coming up on my FB feed, but anyway). It reminded me of the "MYass - open 24 Hours" Maccas billboards along the Hume Highway. Anybody got any other Social Media?Hashtag fails...
  36. CroydonDog

News Trent Barrett too hot to win the comp?

It all makes sense now... Breaking from the Betoota Advocate: Rugby League Experts Agree Trent Barrett Is Too Hot To Win The Comp LOUIS BURKE | Culture | Contact Ask any armchair NRL expert and they’ll tell you that Trent Barrett’s Canterbury Bulldogs have no chance of winning the comp...
  37. CroydonDog

Headline of the year so far

Don't really care about Folau playing qcup, and the story itself isn't particularly interesting, but the headline gave me a laugh. Well played news.com.au well played...
  38. CroydonDog

News Karmichael Hunt to rejoin the Broncos?

From news.com.au... https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/karmichael-hunt-to-rejoin-brisbane-broncos-from-next-week/news-story/b6225ef6a3bc3b62a36694eb5d96635d?utm_campaign=EditorialSB&utm_source=news.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_content=SocialBakers
  39. CroydonDog

No love for the MILF

From news.com.au. Broncos star Anthony Milford dropped to reserve grade, given expiry date Broncos star Anthony Milford has been dumped to reserve grade after reportedly being given a final chance to save his career. Tyson Ottotottodtsport APRIL 12, 202111:07AM Under-fire Broncos star...
  40. CroydonDog

John Morris

Has reportedly been sidelined by the Sharks appointing Craig Fitzgibbon for next year. Pretty rough way to find out only 5 rounds into a season...
  41. CroydonDog

News Jake Friend

Has been medically retired.
  42. CroydonDog

North Sydney Bears

Things not going well off field for the bears at the moment... North Sydney Bears in crisis after boardroom coup By Adrian Proszenko March 19, 2021 — 5.00am Save Share Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size You have5free articles remaining Start your day with the Morning Edition...
  43. CroydonDog

Voluntary Tackle

Hi All, Now, i'm a league fan but definably not a rule expert, but i ask this question: Is the voluntary tackle rule still a thing? About halfway through the first half, Averillo kicks to the left corner (right side for the defence), and a Penriff player (can't recall who) picks it up and...
  44. CroydonDog

Joseph Suaalli granted exemption

Surprised nobody has posted this yet. Thoughts? NRL grants Roosters exemption to play Suaalii By Michael Chammas March 15, 2021 — 1.24pm The NRL has rubber-stamped the exemption that will allow the Sydney Roosters to play Joseph Suaalii in first grade as early as this week. Sources with...
  45. CroydonDog

Car Next Door

Hi all, I need to move something in a few days and am considering hiring a ute privately from carnextdoor.com.au (heaps cheaper than doing the old rent-a-ute thing from the servo). Anyone use this app? Good or bad experience? Thanks.
  46. CroydonDog

Uselss Rugby League Facts

I've started following this FB page where they put up random facts about league. This once i thought was quite interesting... What are some other random facts that Kennellers have about Rugby League?
  47. CroydonDog

Blake Ferguson

NRL star Blake Ferguson and pregnant heiress partner split The secret of NRL star Blake Ferguson’s break-up with his pregnant partner has been revealed after their wedding was called off. Tyson Ottotottodtsport FEBRUARY 15, 20219:00AM Dominique Moraitis on Instagram and Blake Ferguson on the...
  48. CroydonDog

Book thread

Hi all, Again, with so many mindless non footy threads going around this time of year, I was wondering if the Kennel was ready for a book thread (yes, those things made of paper with words on 'em). I've been reading a bit more lately and was happy to share some critiques if others are...
  49. CroydonDog

News Some Police news from South Australia to finish off Australia Day.

1. Click on the link (I think you might need Facebook to access). 2. Go to the comments section and select "most relevant" 3. Enjoy. Happy Australia Day
  50. CroydonDog

Chat apps (WhatsApp, Signal etc0

hi there technologically minded Kennellers, There seems to be a of a hullabaloo at Whatsapp's new user agreement and what i meas for datasharing with its parent co, Facebook. There is also some big endorsements being made for an app called Signal. My Mrs uses something called Line with her...
  51. CroydonDog

News And in Hungarian politics...

This story made me laugh so much. It has everything. Gay sex, drugs, Covid breaches... Anti-LGBT Hungarian MEP resigns after being caught at gay sex party, breaching COVID rules An ultra conservative politician has resigned after he was caught “fleeing along the gutter” from a coronavirus...
  52. CroydonDog

Cricket 2020/21 thread

How good is Australia (esp Smith) going? Wish I still had my Fox sports subscription.
  53. CroydonDog

The New Hoppa?

Joel Tomkins goes the Hoppa in the ESL: Rugby League Star Joel Tomkins Cops Eight-Game Ban For 'Finger Up The Bum’ Incident MAX SHERRY in AUSTRALIA Last updated 0:18, Thursday 19 November 2020 GMT Joel Tomkins has been slapped with a massive ban after seemingly attempting to put his finger...
  54. CroydonDog

News NRL Memes case

From, news.com.au today: Montanna Geyer: Fouad Ghosn, alleged NRL Memes owner, claims he has never used social media A man accused of running meme pages that wrongly said an NRL star’s daughter was in a sex tape has denied lying during a heated cross examination. Heath Parkes-Hupton NCA...
  55. CroydonDog

News The Real life Chicken F*cker

WTF? I thought this was only a South Park thing? UK dad jailed for sex with family chickens while wife filmed sick display A British dad will spend three years behind bars for sexually abusing defenceless birds while his wife filmed the ordeal on her mobile phone. The Sun OCTOBER 20...
  56. CroydonDog

2021 Memberships

This morning I, like many of you would have received an email about 2021 memberships. It appears they have done a fairly major overhaul of the categories, particularly the non-ticketed ones, so no more qld memberships etc. As a former "QLD" member, I appear to have been recommended a "Classic"...
  57. CroydonDog

Delivery for the Broncos

So, were there any Kennellers visiting Red Hill overnight? Humiliating image sums up Brisbane Broncos’ sad demise Disgruntled fans rubbed salt into the wound with a cruel, final act after the Broncos collected the wooden spoon for the first time in history. Andrew McMurtryAndrewMcMurtry...
  58. CroydonDog

News The Badge

I always rated Badger as a referee. Shame if this is true, although the story is very short on actual detail of his "sacking" (we all knew the sexual abuse story). NRL reacts to shock axing of referee Gavin Badger The daughter of long-serving rugby league whistleblower Gavin Badger has revealed...
  59. CroydonDog

Lafai out

Lafai cops one-match ban AuthorNRL.comTimestampWed 23 Sep 2020, 07:20 AM Share on social media Share via Facebook Share via Twitter Share via Reddit Share via Email Bulldogs centre Tim Lafai has failed in his bid to have a high tackle charge downgraded at the judiciary on Tuesday night and...
  60. CroydonDog

ESL's huge sponsorship deal...

You gotta laugh... Taking the pizza: Super League’s new deal mocked as it’s revealed it cost NOTHING August 24, 2020 12:24pm GEORGE CLARKE Source: FOX SPORTS James Maloney of Catalans DragonsSource: Getty Images It should have topped off a triumphant return to play following the...
  61. CroydonDog

Skeletor leaves Snake Mountain, cops fine and possible suspension

Good to see Wayne still getting some action... NRL 2020: Confused coach Wayne Bennett banned for COVID breach AUGUST 6, 20201:26pm NEWS.COM.AU0:49 NRL: Wayne Bennett banned after breaking strict COVID rules South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett has been stood down after...
  62. CroydonDog

SBW & Toronto Wolfpack

Roosters-bound? Futures of Sonny Bill Williams and host of Toronto Wolfpack stars in doubt as club quit Super League SUPER LEAGUE July 21, 2020 1:04pm GEORGE CLARKE Source: FOX SPORTS Sonny Bill WilliamsSource: Getty Images The future of Sonny Bill Williams and a host of former NRL players...
  63. CroydonDog

News NRL considering moving comp to QLD

NRL moving the rest of the season to QLD? (From the Guardian, but i'm sure its also being reported elsewhere)... NRL considering moving competition to Queensland as Covid-19 crisis deepens NRL could play out rest of premiership season in Queensland Quarantine concerns surround players who...
  64. CroydonDog

Benji Marshall SMH

FFS... Benji Marshall isolated from team after ‘kiss on cheek’ from reporter An NRL star has been sent away from his team following a “social-distancing incident” and will now await test result outcomes. NRL star and West Tigers co-captain Benji Marshall has been quarantined from his teammates...
  65. CroydonDog

Sports Betting Apps

Hi all, I'm not a big punter, but enjoy a lottery ticket, a cheeky pokie slap or a sports/horse bet occasionally. Normally, i'd just put a bet on a the TAB, but Covid has got me thinking of finally joining the 21st century and get a small online betting account. What app(s) do you guys use...
  66. CroydonDog

Linkedin

I log in about once a fortnight/month and scroll along for an hour or so, hitting the like button and dropping the occasional comment. As a professional i'm supposed to be on it, but it all just seems like a massive wank TBH. I have never obtained a client through it, and I doubt many people...
  67. CroydonDog

Hectic picks wrong road rage target

Hoping he's not a Dogs supporter: https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/nsw-motorists-foulmouthed-rant-at-police/news-story/ccd42d89b7ab7e1228ef05fed9e690ae?fbclid=IwAR0dzoDhZuOo9KqqCRn8YQKQILSbBOJ6ouU_MhEamC2wS98RiDqPKi2C9DM
  68. CroydonDog

Latest Poo bandit in Sydney

Look, I deal with lawyers on a daily basis and I must admit they give me shits too sometimes... Poo bandit caught on camera outside Sydney law firm pleads guilty A Sydney man has been caught on camera with his pants down, deliberately doing a poo on the doorstep of a legal firm. Sarah McPhee...
  69. CroydonDog

New Cowboys Stadium

From www.austadiums.com They like to have mouthfuls of names for their stadiums up north. Symbolic transfer of turf to Queensland Country Bank Stadium Austadiums | Wednesday 22nd January 2020 SHARE: A helicopter has transferred turf from 1300SMILES Stadium to Queensland Country Bank...
  70. CroydonDog

Cricket The Cricket 2019/20 Thread

Hi all, Its going to be a disjointed summer with a few random 20/20s starting this Sunday against SL then Pakistan, then two Pakistan tests, then three NZ tests, then nicking off to India and SA for a couple of months, before returning to play NZ in some one dayers in March. I think not having...
  71. CroydonDog

Joel Thompson

With all the hoo-haa on what those poor and innocent Storm boys, and Sam Burgess and his wang are up to, this story seems to have gone under the radar a bit. Although he might want to consider giving up the grog for more than a year, it's a commendable start... ‘An arrogant opinion of being...
  72. CroydonDog

News Lottoland

Oh dear. The Sydney Morning Herald Manly could lose home final after asbestos found at Lottoland By Sam Phillips and Adam PengillySeptember 8, 2019 — 6.09pm Lottoland could be stripped of hosting rights to Manly's elimination final against Cronulla on Saturday after traces of asbestos were...
  73. CroydonDog

Little Willie Jnr makes debut for Tigers

Remember Willie Talau? We used to call him little Willie as he played alongside Big Willie Mason (and before Willie Tonga). His son is making his debit for the Tigs, and it makes me feel old... Tommy Talau son of former Bulldog Willie to debut for Wests Tigers By Matt Encarnacion 15 hours...
  74. CroydonDog

Official James Roumanos joins the Bulldogs Top 30 squad

Joins our top 30. James Roumanos joins the Bulldogs Top 30 squad Author bulldogs.com.au Timestamp Mon 1 Jul 2019, 12:03 PM Share on social media Share via Facebook Share via Twiiter Share via Reddit Share via Email Young forward James Roumanos is the latest Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs...
  75. CroydonDog

The good news thread (aka "restores my faith in humanity" thread)

Hi All, We have a lot of negative (but mostly not too serious) threads like Grind my Gears etc, and I figured the world needs more love. So, I want to kick off a thread where people can post articles or news that is good. I can be a personal experience, or a news article. My inspiration came...
  76. CroydonDog

The Tennis Thread

Bugger it, i'm starting a tennis thread. I know the French Open is like the Commonwealth Games of the tennis world. Nobody cares much, and we're just waiting for the bigger tournaments (Wimbedon and US), but Its great to watch Ash Barty on her way to the final. There's nothing special to look...
  77. CroydonDog

Attn: DoggiesBoy

Come back @DoggiesBoy , I need someone to talk about cricket with!
  78. CroydonDog

News Cooper Cronk to retire at end of 2019 season.

Expected to retire at a press conference at 10am today: NRL legend Cooper Cronk set to announce NRL retirement ROOSTERS May 20, 2019 9:09am Source: FOX SPORTS Cooper Cronk is expected to announce his NRL retirement in Sydney this morning.Source: Getty Images Roosters star and two-time Dally...
  79. CroydonDog

Mothers Day

Just some consumer advice from your mate CD: Don't forget Mother's Day like I almost did. From the crowds of men staring forlornly at the cards at Big W today, and those purchasing express post envelopes at the post office, I knew I was not alone. If course me thinking my car is going to make...
  80. CroydonDog

Just Brisbane things...

Just a typical afternoon in New Farm, you know with hardcore lesbian sex... Brisbane couple witness women’s daylight sex romp A couple, having a quiet Sunday drink, were stunned when they walked past a group of women in an erotic entanglement. the women won’t be charged with anything, as the...
  81. CroydonDog

2019 Masters Thread

Anyone watching the Masters?
  82. CroydonDog

Englsh Rugby League expands further into US and Canada

After the success for the Woldpack, two more Clubs look to join the English professional system. Interesting times ahead. New York and Ottawa receive clubs’ votes to join competition in 2020 • RFL will make final decision in coming weeks • New clubs would join League 1 next season Aaron...
  83. CroydonDog

News Brett Dallas charged with stealing a pair of shorts.

This may not have made the papers in Sydney, but there was a large story in the Courier Mail regarding Brett Dallas, who has been done for petty theft. From what i gleaned from a quick squizz at the article whilst waiting for my coffee this morning was that he is basically living in Mackay off...
  84. CroydonDog

News Paul Gallen retiring

"Shock" - a 37 year old retiring. Paul Gallen announces he will retire at the end of the year Sharks legend and former NSW skipper Paul Gallen has revealed he will quit rugby league at the end of the 2019 season. Cronulla captain Paul Gallen has revealed he will “definitely” retire at the end...
  85. CroydonDog

Bangkok City Bulldogs

Not sure where to put this (there was a similar thread a couple year ago), but our namesake in Bangkok has just opened the ASEAN League with a loss...
  86. CroydonDog

Newcastle's new centre of excellence

I think it actually looks good. Knights' $20m centre of excellence on track for 2020 Author Brett KeebleNRL.com reporter Timestamp Wed 20 Feb 2019, 03:06 PM Share on social media Share via Facebook Share via Twiiter Share via Reddit Share via Email The Newcastle Knights hope to be based at...
  87. CroydonDog

Mass flooding in Townsville and FNQ

Hey @flamebouyant , are you washing away up there? I see rainfalls of more than a meter in the past week. The Daintree has reached an all time high, and so there must be crocs getting places they normally wouldnt. How are other FNQ kennellers faring?
  88. CroydonDog

Australia Day 2019 - a Positive thread

I know this is wishful thinking, but here goes... Tomorrow is Australia Day. It also kind of signals the end of the Christmas/New Year break, as people get in that last long weekend away, or piss-cutting session before being back at work / school etc. So, what is everyone doing? Do people do...
  89. CroydonDog

News Greg Inglis to retire at the end of 2020.

in today's papers... Greg Inglis to call time on NRL career after 2020 season Inglis to also step away from representative game in 2019 32-year-old ‘to focus on job at hand’ at South Sydney Guardian sport Fri 18 Jan 2019 12.04 AEDTLast modified on Fri 18 Jan 2019 12.27 AEDT Greg Inglis...
  90. CroydonDog

News Cowboys employ minders to stop their players doing dumb shit

From the Guardian/AAP (but is also being reported elsewhere). Most clubs have unofficial minders/chaperones to keep players from getting into shit (or at least is becoming public), but the Cowboys have taken it to the next level: NRL club to employ social minders to create 'safe' environment...
  91. CroydonDog

Happy new year

Dear Fellow Kennelers, Happy new year. As a father of 10 month old, and someone who just drove over a thousand kays today, I will have no chance of making midnight, but for those trying to, a reminder, not to go out too hard too early... to use a Dad joke: See you next year. CD.
  92. CroydonDog

Indian Weddings

I have never been to one, but they look out of control, if the food and grog run out...
  93. CroydonDog

1985 Grand Final

...is now on Fox league.
  94. CroydonDog

Captain Kickass

Where is he? Was one of my favorite posters.
  95. CroydonDog

Putting garbage in someone else's bin?

It's bin night in my neighbourhood. I put the bin out a few hours earlier, then just remembered some more stuff I wanted to put in. It wasn't late, about 8:30. I get to my bin and one of my neighbours has put a large garbage bag of stuff in my bin. Now, luckily I still had room for my stuff...
  96. CroydonDog

Bad Habits? or Nuns on the Run?

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas... Nuns admit taking $500,000 from Catholic school to gamble in Las Vegas Two nuns have confessed to embezzling $500,000 from the school they formerly worked at, to fund their Las Vegas gambling trips. Alexandra Klausner New York PostDECEMBER 12...
  97. CroydonDog

Google Home etc

Hi All, I see google home minis are now down to $49, a price where I was thinking about getting one. A colleague uses one of these devices to add to shopping lists etc using some sort of app, and generally swears by it as a good thing to have around the home. I'm not really tech savvy, so...
  98. CroydonDog

New air conditioner thread

Hi All, After a few cool weeks, we have had a couple of scorchers here, so on Thursday, I finally decided to fire up my old Panasonic air conditioner for the first time this summer. It blew air, but not cold. Thinking it was due for a service anyway, I luckily got a guy to come yesterday, who...
  99. CroydonDog

Parra lol

Almost brings it into Kris Kringle price range... As Peter Wynn says, if you can't score here, you'll never score...
  100. CroydonDog

2019 Trials

According to NRL.com, the trial schedule is out. https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/09/trial-dates-set-for-2019-nrl-pre-season/?utm_source=NRLEmail_Top5&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=article3_2311 But, we appear to be playing twice on the same night. Impressive!