Search results

1. CroydonDog

I get excited every week

When Foxx scored his 3rd try and we hit the lead v Storm, i screamed at the top of my lungs at the tele. Been a long time since i did that.
  2. CroydonDog

I get excited every week

I got my dogs polo out and wore it on the weekend, and when somebody inevitably says: hey are you a Doggies supporter? I proudly say: Yeah, I am. Good feeling actually.
  3. CroydonDog

Immigration debate

100,000 people are moving to Queensland every month? i was wondering why my drive to work was getting a bit slower.
  4. CroydonDog

Iran v Israel - possible situation

I never used to care about fuel prices until recently. The "price cycle" is longer here than in Sydney but note extreme. That is, it was take a month to get to the bottom, but then it goes up by like 40 - 50 cents. For the first time, I've started using RACQs fuel price app
  5. CroydonDog

Iran v Israel - possible situation

I just paid $2.35 ffs. Yes I should have filled on the weekend when I saw a place at like $1.80.
  6. CroydonDog

News Brittany Higgins enquiry

That's not crazy in that space.
  7. CroydonDog

A 3rd party might be covering costs, but definitely it's not a given. PLENTY of SCs would take a matter like this on spec, especially in this space. They can charge uplift on their daily rate, strong case and no risk the respondent cant pay. In any case, the matter hasn't been filed, and its...
  8. CroydonDog

It's called acting on a speculative basis (or to put it in the terms compo lawyers use: no woinn, no fee). Most legal actions i run are done in this manner. Be good chances of recovery, plus high profile case for the barrister (see free advertising). Most lawyers would jump at a case like this.
  9. CroydonDog

Fox drops 7 bras in 30 seconds

The bro.
  10. CroydonDog

7 will surely want to settle this ASAP. How the fuck did they get that one so wrong?
  11. CroydonDog

We've seen some stupid defamation claims in our time, but this will go down as the dumbest, surely? If only he quit whilst he was slightly ahead. The Shovel has provided a summary: https://theshovel.com.au/2024/04/16/the-defo-awards-for-defamation/
  12. CroydonDog

News Manu confirms move to Japan

Good money Easy work Different culture Anonymity What's not to love?
  13. CroydonDog

News Dally M Round 6 votes: Bulldogs' Viliame Kikau earns maximum points, goes equal-top

We have April premiers, can we have an April Dally M winner? :p
  14. CroydonDog

No, but he looks really fucking stupid at the very least. You'd think your average narcissist would have learned from the Ben Roberts-Smith case. All of your douchebaggery WILL come out for the nation to see. Next step i assume is that the parties will now make submissions re costs. Channel 10...
  15. CroydonDog

Bondi stabbing

In a group chat we did ask a mate who lives in Randwick if he was in Bondi jn (he wasn't).
  16. CroydonDog

Opinion Goal Kicking the difference!

Overall he's a decent enough kicker, but his weakness is going to be on the left side, where a lot of tries are going to be scored. Did we also score same number of tries as the Rooters? Did goalkicking WIN us that one? :)
  17. CroydonDog

Bondi stabbing

Thankfully these incidents are few and far between. Last incident like this that I can recall (not counting the Lindt seige which in my view, was different), was Strathfield in 91, and of course, Port Arthur. Tbh, I don't think giving your average shopping centre security guard a gun would end...
  18. CroydonDog

Bondi stabbing

An acquaintance/fb friend posted yesterday assuring everyone he knows that he and his family were "safe". Ffs, he lives in the Hills District. This would be like me here in Brisbane assuring people I'm ok when an incident is unfolding on the Gold Coast.
  19. CroydonDog

Souffs to appoint big Mal as coach

Souffs have the bye next weekend so coach mught be safe, but then they face Storm and Panfers...
  20. CroydonDog

And should it be spelled "bra" or "brah"?
  21. CroydonDog

I can comfortably say this is the first time I've seen someone use the word facundity in the kennel, bra.
  22. CroydonDog

Rd 6 vs Storm 3-2-1

+1 Finally good to see Fox in some open space doing what he does.
  23. CroydonDog

The Funny Picture/Meme Thread

Dammit. I came here to post this.
  24. CroydonDog

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Yeah, both misses were "wrong side" and bang on the sideline. Most kickers would be 50/50 on those.
  25. CroydonDog

Oddly, I feel better after that loss than I did after the win against the Rooters
  26. CroydonDog

Why the fuck would you challenge that?
  27. CroydonDog

How do you deal with noisy neighbours?

You got yourselves a mega-bogan.
  28. CroydonDog

News OJ Simpson dead

29. CroydonDog

Demetriou's 27 second presser

He's on a hiding to nothing.
  30. CroydonDog

News OJ Simpson dead

Simply noting that OJ lived longer then the statical expectation, so its not like its some sort of justice or karma, like some people would like to think. Black people have a shorter (average) life expectancy. i'm not making any commentary on that, just repeating the stats really.
  31. CroydonDog

2019 Masters Thread

Masters week again - I like how Jasper Stubbs, the Aussie amateur must be living his dream, even though he'll easily miss the cut.
  32. CroydonDog

Josh Schuster to the Bulldogs

England is his only hope - and he has the added bonus of becoming Man Of Steel.
  33. CroydonDog

Sorry if this has been posted on already, but i did have a chuckle at Xerri's sponsor. I'm also intrigued about the Pork Crackling guys. Does Jacob Kiraz get free product? (originally posted on NRL Zero fucks given FB page)
  34. CroydonDog

Opinion Magic Round - Bulldogs/Raiders (Round 11)

Ticketek is saying public sold out - i must admit i hadn't even given tickets any thought. Bugger. Playing same night as the Gronks was never going to help that. My best bet is for a corporate box invite. Might start dropping some hints around the place.
  35. CroydonDog

Australian Political Discussion Thread 3.0

This blind pro-Israeli stuff from the opposition is a bit weird. Now we have a comparison between a protest and Port fucking Arthur. Even Biden is starting to realise he needs to weigh up the jewish vote v the muslim vote.
  36. CroydonDog

News OJ Simpson dead

TBH, he lived to around average US ale life expectancy, and exceeded black life expectancy by a few years...
  37. CroydonDog

Good question. i don;t think he's the retiring type - perhaps some sort of role at the Phins where he is now? Or even the Tits - Its not like Des will last too long...
  38. CroydonDog

TBH, there's nothing wrong with Souffs roster (obviously nothing like the QLD sides he "coached" :) ).
  39. CroydonDog

I just can't see Bennett moving back to Sydney.
  40. CroydonDog

Movie Discussion

Must admit I chuckled at this.
  41. CroydonDog

How Good..

Middle of last season they were near the top of the ladder. Wtf happened?
  42. CroydonDog

How Good..

Big Mal will be coaching Souffs next week.
  43. CroydonDog

How Good..

So you didn't see any of the second half then.
  44. CroydonDog

How Good..

Well, they beat us.
  45. CroydonDog

2024 Round 5 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Rabbitohs should be 0-5.
  46. CroydonDog

News Diddy

I'm 12 and what is this?
  47. CroydonDog

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Well that's the ball game. Try to enjoy your long weekends peeps.
  48. CroydonDog

We can whine about Sutton, but this last 10 minutes has been all on us.
  49. CroydonDog

Just starting to feel this slip away. Preston huge loss.
  50. CroydonDog

Bugger. That would have been awesome
  51. CroydonDog

Gotta get in front before half time
  52. CroydonDog

It’s time to get paid!

As if you have ever had a job.
  53. CroydonDog

Tbf, that's not that far off the average win ratio for those seasons generally.
  54. CroydonDog

Sutton Appointed again to bulldogs vs Rabbitohs game.

Meh, it was a decade ago.
  55. CroydonDog

Its not gay if its in a three-way.
  56. CroydonDog

My smartarse undergrad working for me is normally chippy (and therefore distracting the other staff with his nonsense), but being a normally very vocal Souffs supporter has been otherwise quiet last few weeks. Be so good to keep him quiet.
  57. CroydonDog

Official Ciraldo on Addo Carr return

He's the new Chase Stanley, and a lot more expensive.
  58. CroydonDog

Bulldogs Commit to Three More Years of Tackling Sports Betting Advertising

its a tricky one. I'm all for getting sports betting off our jerseys, TVs, radios, web ads etc, and out of our (and our children's) faces. But, on the other hand, we're a club largely funded by gambling.
  59. CroydonDog

Max King

It appears his old man only played two seasons on gold coast, so he may have exaggerated his experience. In the video I saw, Max says to him something like "I didn't know we were counting reserve grade"
  60. CroydonDog

Max King

Confirmed by wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_King_%28rugby_league%29#%3A%7E%3Atext%3DKing_was_born_in_Huddersfield%2CHis_mother_is_English.?wprov=sfla1
  61. CroydonDog

Max King

There's some nice footage of his old man presenting him with his jersey. I also had no idea he's a 4th generation first grader. I think the order was: Great GF played 140 odd games for Souffs Grandfather played like 200 games for the Drags Father played 99 games for the Gold Coast
  62. CroydonDog

2024 Round 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Tigs singing team song.
  63. CroydonDog

Official .

64. CroydonDog

2024 Round 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Even Benji had to refer to a cheat sheet for the lyrics.
  65. CroydonDog

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

It was against the Tits though. Plus Sat 3pm is a bit of a dead zone (my guess on that, I don't have any stats to back that up).
  66. CroydonDog

Are Players being Coached to Milk the Obstruction Rule ..

I think the obstruction rules need an overhaul.
  67. CroydonDog

Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

I think he's definitely lost the dressing room
  68. CroydonDog

Dare to dream? Smash rabbit

If Rabbitohs lose on Friday I think they will be looking for a new coach.
  69. CroydonDog

Round 3 3-2-1 vs Titans

I see what you did there.
  70. CroydonDog

Round 3 3-2-1 vs Titans

Kiraz- brother was everywhere. Kiks - after he gVe a away that early penalty and then went off for treatment, I'm like "fuck" and then he came good, smashing in defence. Gold Coast Titans - fuck me they were woeful.
  71. CroydonDog

News Brawl erupts between soufs and roosters fans

I recently saw footage of a random souffs jersey wearing guy punching on a game that souffs were even playing in.
  72. CroydonDog

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Tits were pumped by the drags who were them pumped by the Phins. If we can't beat the tits, then it's pretty much just going to be the Tigs after that.
  73. CroydonDog

Australian Political Discussion Thread 3.0

Pretty much...
  74. CroydonDog

Beer Appreciation Thread

Have a great weekend all.
  75. CroydonDog

The Funny Picture/Meme Thread

76. CroydonDog

News Should Latrell Mitchell get a fine or ban for dropping so many f bombs after last weeks game

I find it all extremely lacking in class, but was a bit "meh" too. Kids should learn from their parents when it's appropriate to swear or not. They're going to hear plenty of swearing if they haven't already.
  77. CroydonDog

The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

So, are you gay or not? I got lost about halfway though there.
  78. CroydonDog

The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

I won't mention magenta and cyan then.
  79. CroydonDog

Security Cameras

This is what we recommended to my mother after she had a couple of incidents where her power was switched off (whilst she was home). The energy company can access if required.
  80. CroydonDog

Would You Sign Wayne Bennett for 2025?

I have a lot of respect for Bennett, but no.
  81. CroydonDog

2024 Round 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

How mad was that JMK falcon? Ben Hunt is like "woah".
  82. CroydonDog

Opinion Hmmm…

Unfortunately now it is fixed!
  83. CroydonDog

Opinion Hmmm…

TBF, it was always there, well, certainly for the last couple of decades. I don't know how the Riff failed to capitalise on it for so long.
  84. CroydonDog

Security Cameras

Thought about using a sitter, especially with our dog getting older. Just have concern if for whatever reason the deal feel through at late notice wed be stuffed (we are usually overseas in peak times). This is why we prefer the relatively more secure option of a kennel we trust booking months...
  85. CroydonDog

Security Cameras

A friend of mine in Melbourne got totally ransacked a couple of years ago. House backs onto a park (something I'd never do respite the nice outlook). Anyway, they put their bins out a couple days early - I think that was their main mistake. Once you're the victim of crime you do get a bit...
  86. CroydonDog

Security Cameras

I've got 3 on battery and 1 on solar (it's in backyard and it's in a bit of an out of the way spot to take down). Battery ones last about 9 months (?). You get plenty of notice if battery is going flat. Like many people I only installed mine AFTER I was broken into about 18 months ago. Since...
  87. CroydonDog

Security Cameras

That happens. It happened to my mother before, who is in her 70s and lives alone. She knew not to go outside to check at the time.
  88. CroydonDog

3-2-1 Round 2 vs Sharks

Kiks Kiraz Curran.
  89. CroydonDog

Security Cameras

I think most people use eufy nowadays. Easy to install. Free and easy to use app.
  90. CroydonDog

Belmore, next week v Tits

I hate to say a game is a "must win" in round 3, but...
  91. CroydonDog

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

I thunk that one was just a matter of time. Just hope the boys can hang in there.