Search results

1. Izzy Forreal

Vale: Izzy Forreal

For all his kennel brothers and sisters here is a photo of Izzy Forreal. I would also like to say we have all taken great comfort in reading your posts over the last day. He really was a great man who had a heart of gold. Someone I was proud to call my dad. Thank you all again for your kind...
  2. Izzy Forreal

The Kennel Remembers: Izzy Forreal (2011 - 2017).

yes I'm his wife, thank you for your wishes
  3. Izzy Forreal

The Kennel Remembers: Izzy Forreal (2011 - 2017).

Izzy lost his battle with cancer after five and a half long years.
  4. Izzy Forreal

Vale: Izzy Forreal

Hi everyone out there in Bulldog land, Just letting everyone know that Izzy Forreal passed away at 12:33pm today after a five and a half year battle with cancer. He is laying down in his bulldog t-shirt ready for his final match. The one thing that put a smile on his face, regardless of the...
  5. Izzy Forreal

Dib Hints at exciting announcement next week

When? Or do we have to think up a more boring departure first?
  6. Izzy Forreal

Is nabbing Moylan a possibility?

Hmm, sounds interesting.
  7. Izzy Forreal

CANTERBURY COULD BE FORCED TO MAKE A DECISION ON DES HASLER’S FUTURE SOON

You're not wrong bro. :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:
  8. Izzy Forreal

CANTERBURY COULD BE FORCED TO MAKE A DECISION ON DES HASLER’S FUTURE SOON

This would be he worst news report ever other than to hear Kim Jong-un was elected as Australia's prime minister.
  9. Izzy Forreal

Graham: Inside the meeting that made me a Dragon

Good on you Jammer, you've given the Bulldogs everything you could have given them as a player and leader. His little chat with Ray Dib didn't sound real warm and comforting: "My first reaction to my meeting with Ray was surprise and disappointment". Anyway, best wishes for the St...
  10. Izzy Forreal

Richie Kenner released to Souths

With all the flak that we've had to fly through regarding the salary cap disaster I'd say that the only new stars we're shelling out for would be Woods and maybe Foran. But... if Hasler is shown the door and collects his termination payout as he walks through it I'm doubtful about signing...
  11. Izzy Forreal

James Graham gone - confirmed

A very well balanced recruitment and retention. The thing that hits me more than anything is two current captains who who wouldn't take a backward step on the field, but are leaving the club while they are still captains. IMO that's a real big indication that the football club is being badly...
  12. Izzy Forreal

Farewell and thanks for your service.

So James Graham is really on the way out eh?. When I saw his face after the St George match all I thougt was: "Good on you mate, you're one one of the best we've had around this joint and we won't be picking up another one as good as you too easily".
  13. Izzy Forreal

Local pup is proof brutal Dog days can't last

So would I. When he's under pressure he always comes up with the goods. He just might be that rockstar that has been talked about for so long.
  14. Izzy Forreal

I would have thought that the mentoring would have been a more low key thing. The way I interpret your description of it its like a high pressure "you have to make e all the grades" or you're out. The fact that some people do like to read their own headlines is a sad but true situation...
  15. Izzy Forreal

Through the clubs junior systems there are so manny top gun young players produced. Its just my opinion but I think its sad that such a large percentage of them seem to go through this "personal Issues" problem. Is it drugs, is it money or is it both? I'm no guru but I think a mentoring...
  16. Izzy Forreal

James graham moving on

If the Mozzles are here next season I'd say Josh Morris for sure. JMoz is playing his best football for a while now and is showing real passion in what he does, The reason I've said no to Josh Jackson is that he is playing great football now and is leading the team with a bit of mongrel...
  17. Izzy Forreal

Brenko Lee is the worst defending centre in the comp

Okay, his defence could be better but lets balance out that with his attacking ability. That cross kick he put in for Reynolds to score was a cracker, and not too many of our fellas can do that. Also he can break tackles and throw a top pass for a support player to score. On top of that he...
  18. Izzy Forreal

Don Singe tells why he had to quit Canterbury

This perfectly sums up his tenure at the Bulldogs. A total failure.
  19. Izzy Forreal

Chris Anderson - "Kieran Foran is not a good investment"

Thanks for that. Sorry, I was being too formal with "opium" :), I've also heard him as Opie.
  20. Izzy Forreal

What a huge loos Donny Singe was... A motivational speaker and elite fitness coach. When he came to the Bulldogs his job description had obviously been changed.
  21. Izzy Forreal

Okay, Chris Anderson's nick name is opium (a slow working dope) but I agree with him on this one. I've got that feeling that Foran's hamstring injuries are as bad now as when he got them.
  22. Izzy Forreal

BMoz Out - Mbye to Fullback

The ISP side named on 29 August had Tom Carr and Tyrone Phillips named as wingers. In the first grade line up dated 29 August, Holland was given the no.23 jersey and was the last cab on the rank in reserves. The fact that Hasler had named him gave me the idea that he would be the replacement...
  23. Izzy Forreal

Round 26 - Team vs Dragons and Game Day Discussion

Although Chase Stanley is a good right wing or centre I don't think he goes well on the left side. Hasler likes Holland so in that regard I think Stanley will be dropped off and Holland will take his place. If this happens we will at least have a decent goal kicker which will be a real big...
  24. Izzy Forreal

BMoz Out - Mbye to Fullback

If BMoz is out the outside backs will be: Hoppa Holland JMoz Brenko Montoya At least we will have a decent goal kicker in the side, so all we need to do is score tries and not give away penalties.
  25. Izzy Forreal

We need a goal kicker

Very true Raysie, but for the Bulldogs a high percentage goal kicker is a must. In recent matches its been a case of they score one and kick the goal, then we score one and miss the goal. Then bugger me the opposition get a penalty and pot another goal which puts them four points in front...
  26. Izzy Forreal

Mbye Fullback or nah ?

I reckon you're right about Hasler flamebouyant, but I'm hoping like hell he will just be a memory in 2018. So in 2018 lets say we've got a new coach, a salary cap that's choking us and therefore no extra money to spend on new players. I won't pretend to know what sort of contract deals...
  27. Izzy Forreal

Mbye Fullback or nah ?

Here's discussion 45,001 Mr I... :grinning::grinning: BMoz was bought as our you beaut, watch him go fullback but his body failed the physical. Hoppa was bought as right centre but had to fill in for BMoz at fullback. Goes well but... And now we have Moses who is an excellent running back...
  28. Izzy Forreal

Albert Kelly

Yeah... its strange how a very hurtful truth can be so easily forgotten. Personally I think If we do end up with Woods and Foran the NSW Cup is the only "club" we can go shopping from to get new first graders. It looks as though they're pretty well clued up on that too as they seem to be...
  29. Izzy Forreal

Emotional attachment

I agree with you re the Mozzles. Josh was terrific in attack but his defence was even better. Now Josh's knees are gone. He can only run a straight line with his swerve and step just a memory. Brett can still strut his stuff to a certain extent but his knees are letting him down badly...
  30. Izzy Forreal

What happened with the Dib meeting today

No doubt about it. The best that Des can hope for on his report card is "FAIL".
  31. Izzy Forreal

What happened with the Dib meeting today

There isn't an NRL club in the comp that would raise a finger to help the Bulldogs. Just my opinion but as I see it the other fifteen clubs are just sitting back with a big smirk waiting for the Dogs to stagger away from their own train wreck and be a non competitive outfit until at least...
  32. Izzy Forreal

If you were coach for the remaining rounds

Dammit! You beat me to it.:grinning::grinning::grinning:
  33. Izzy Forreal

How the Canterbury Bulldogs threw their salary cap into disarray with reckless spending

QUOTE "Canterbury’s poor on-field performances have not helped with the players they were hoping to move on now becoming less attractive. Rival clubs are also aware of the Bulldogs overspending, so they hope they can capitalise by securing a bargain buy". UNQUOTE "Securing a bargain buy..."...
  34. Izzy Forreal

The Warriors have emerged as a potential home for James Graham if he is squeezed out of Belmore.

Personally I'd like Jammer to stay on, especially as Kasiano is going and some idiots might pick up Eastwood. But bugger it... NRL is a multi million dollar business and our salary cap has stretched to bursting point. So yeah, if the Warriors want Jammer we have to let him go.
  35. Izzy Forreal

The Warriors have emerged as a potential home for James Graham if he is squeezed out of Belmore.

Personally I'd like Jammer to stay on, especially as Kasiano is going and some idiots might pick up Eastwood. But bugger it... NRL is a multi million dollar business and our salary cap has stretched to bursting point. So yeah, if the Warriors want Jammer we have to let him go.
  36. Izzy Forreal

The Time Has Come

Annd worst of all the prick has dragged it along to Belmore.
  37. Izzy Forreal

Unwanted Canterbury Bulldog Lloyd Perrett aiming to fulfil potential at Manly Sea Eagles

Yeah. If all our forwards were as bad as RFM we would have a pretty decent pack... In attack and defence..
  38. Izzy Forreal

Confirmed, Bulldogs set up is 'toxic'!

Genuinely looking forward to to your follow up post DT. For the Bulldogs to play the way they have for the last couple of seasons something smells real bad at the top end of Belmore Town.
  39. Izzy Forreal

Andrew Hill announced as Canterbury Bulldogs CEO

I've never put myself up as being the sharpest tool in the shed so I can't see anyone putting his hand up to be any organisation's CEO where he is going to have his reputation trashed by the sitting board and its chairman. What has happened at the Bulldogs thanks to Ray Dib and Des Hasler has...
  40. Izzy Forreal

Hooper: Dogs trying to move on Graham, Morris's, Mbye and Eastwood

Fair dinkum, what we've got here is "Fawlty Towers Football". But the question that demands an answer is: "Who is Basil"? Des Hasler can be blamed for a good part of it which is naming players whose bodies are starting to creak as youthful players with plenty of miles (kilometres?) left on...
  41. Izzy Forreal

Stanley at Halfback

He sure has. Any chance of a cremation before season's end?:):)
  42. Izzy Forreal

Back ended deals

With all the appropriate amount of fanfare Todd Greenberg announced to all and sundry that Des would have everything to do with football +while he would look after the the money side of the deal. Everyone said hooray and were very happy. The thing that I can't get my head around is that if...
  43. Izzy Forreal

Des & Bozo

Personally I think Hasler and Fulton wold be be a great combination. They're both one man bands with a mindset an ICBM couldn't shift. The explosion that happens when they come together will be a ripper. But lets look on the bright side. At Belmore (or wherever) Hasler has set up the...
  44. Izzy Forreal

Could you stand another year of Desball if he doesnt get the sack?

If Dib does sneak his way through the next election and remains as our chairman how can Hasler be given the benefit of the doubt? There is no doubt. Hasler is already a tried and proven failure. Any rugby league coach that uses prop forwards as first receivers has lost the plot big time...
  45. Izzy Forreal

Should we release Graham

For me this one is a simple but sad decision. When he arrived he was certainly something different. He was the hardest man we've had since the Dogs of War. This is just my opinion but I think that the referees killed him physically. Jammer copped enough high shots to have half of our...
  46. Izzy Forreal

Core skills

Gotenks you're right on the money. I don't believe it. I thought that I was the only one who thought that the other team had more players than us. In a way they have got more than us as they are able to cover more ground than us. Simply because they are that much more fit than us and find...
  47. Izzy Forreal

Dumb & Dumber

A pair of gutter rats who are lining their pockets with as much cash as they can while they watch the Bulldogs, a once proud club, crash and burn. That is two conscienceless bastards who have taken power over a spineless Board of Directors who are too gutless to make a positive move against the...
  48. Izzy Forreal

Brenko Lee

You're dead right Spoonman84. Graham and Tolman are players who are aiways selected no matter what they do game in game out.. Fair enough they may have the "want to do it" in their hearts but their bodies are too slow and worn out to take the hammering they cop every week. Okay, Brenko Lee...
  49. Izzy Forreal

Why fans should be more patient with Canterbury coach Des Hasler

From what I read the Philadelphia Athletics had nothing and Connie Mack was able to make something out of nothing. So okay... he did good. But we all know the Bulldogs did have good players doing pretty good things. Then along came Des and with his total dedication to fucking up what was...
  50. Izzy Forreal

Round 22 Dogs v Eels discussion thread

And you fucking broke it!
  51. Izzy Forreal

Round 22 Dogs v Eels discussion thread

Kasiano will be out injured. He copped a sternum injury and it takes longer than a week to recover from one. I think Francis Tualau will take his place on the bench. I hope Hasler gives him plenty of minutes because he will give it his best shot. I'll probably get the shoot him at dawn...
  52. Izzy Forreal

Josh Morris will be dropped this week

Which is something our backline will never have to worry about.
  53. Izzy Forreal

Nick Tedeschi - Rumour Mill

I reckon rumours are great, because for a little while they lift the gloom of reality. Sometimes they turn out to be what really happens. It would be great if the bit about Des was fair dinkum. :):):)
  54. Izzy Forreal

boss Ray Dib heads off rogue play for Trent Barrett

Which would be great if there was a bottomless drop in front of him.
  55. Izzy Forreal

Take this with a grain of salt

I think we can forget about them playing shit football because of Kasiano and Reynolds leaving. Its a lot simpler than that. The entire squad has no morale. There's no spirit at all in our team and that's thanks to Hasler being a dud coach making our guys the comp's easy beats. All...
  56. Izzy Forreal

How long do you think Des will last - Poll

I voted that Hasler will be here until the end of 2019. Why? This season is gone. If he was going to get the flick it would have happened by now. But unfortunately the Board don't want to look more stupid than they are already by reneging on his contract extension and paying him out...
  57. Izzy Forreal

Our team with and without Brenko Lee

In attack Brenko reads the situation so well. If a try is on for himself he'll just go for it. Otherwise he has the ability to fire a pass under pressure to a support player who usually scores. The only way we will learn under Hasler is when he plays with another club and cuts us to pieces.
  58. Izzy Forreal

7th Tackle: Why the players have had it with Hasler

Just a little comparison... For away games Hasler demands the Bulldogs have their own team room for breakfast. He doesn't want players "distracted" by fans, or eating unsanctioned food at the hotel buffet. Luke Lewis has a sausage roll and can of coke on game day. The Sharks veteran is in...
  59. Izzy Forreal

Round 21 - Dogs vs Panthers - Team List and Discussion Thread

Except for wasting David Klemmer at lock this is about the best line up Hasler could have come up with. That's why I'm waiting for Thursday's late mail to tell us that Lichaa will start at 9 and Magic Moses will be at 7. At the back end of his lowest year as Bulldogs coach there's no way...
  60. Izzy Forreal

Amazing stats from 2014 GF

And lets not forget that Josh Morris started the game with a dud knee. So with Reynolds shoulder injury being a first tackle situation we were never going to be in it at the end with both halves and our left centre gone. Our forwards went well with Jammer putting in a real big one.
  61. Izzy Forreal

Des getting Sacked Articles Mega Thread

That's exactly what will happen. I got a bit confused with what his new deal is though. I don't know if Ray Dib and his merry men are going to increase Des's salary or extend his extension another couple of years. Either way I know we'll just love it. :):):)
  62. Izzy Forreal

Thoughts on maybe getting Toovey as the new Bulldogs coach for 2018?

Geoff Toovey as Bulldogs coach? No, not a real good idea. But there's always room for compromise. Tooves would make a great Public Relations Officer. He is just the man to bring the Bulldogs, the NRL and the Referees Association together in harmonious agreement. Especially when there is...
  63. Izzy Forreal

Board Meeting called for tomorrow

I'd love to see this happen but I can't see it going through. The solution is just too simple. Will Jim Dymock be put in as the caretaker coach and what will be Ray Dib's future?
  64. Izzy Forreal

Benefit of Dean Pay

The coaching problem the Raiders have is Ricky Stewart, not Dean Pay. Stewart''s previous win percentage before the Raiders is: Roosters 61% - Sharks 42% - Eels 21%. And that is not much to be proud of. Blaming Dean Pay for the way the Raiders are traveling now is like blaming Jim Dymock if...
  65. Izzy Forreal

Vote for who you want as coach in 2018

I've gone for Dean Pay on the prviso that Jim Dymock is the Assistant Coach. This is a must do. Together these two guys played for the Dogs of War and won a premiership. Firstly the combination of these two will give our roster a culture shock by bringing in up to date coaching methods...
  66. Izzy Forreal

Josh Cleeland is our halves solution

In any other context this would be nothing but sarcasm. In this context it is the simple truth. How sad it is. Sadder is the fact that I can still remember the fanfare of 2012.
  67. Izzy Forreal

Whose fault is it?

You've put together a good summing up of the way the Bulldogs are and how its happened here Gotenks. 1. Yep, its true forwards win matches. But they have to be fast, mobile forwards who can fit into today's style of the way the game's played. 2. Then we need a backline that can complement...
  68. Izzy Forreal

Aaron Woods WTF?

Please don't let it happen. :):) On his good days Woods has got a reputation of being on the weird side. Lets hope that the Klemmer and Woods combo turn out to be one of the best front rows in the comp.
  69. Izzy Forreal

TBf it was the refs fault last night

I agree. In our last two games I can remember Matt Frawley gave away penalties in our own 20 metre area. If we want something to stuff us up that's a pretty good way to do it. But really, our lack of discipline is pathetic at times.
  70. Izzy Forreal

TBf it was the refs fault last night

Yes, the 59% possession the Broncos had and the 9-4 penalty count did hurt us. But in my opinion what hurt us more was our lousy defence. I can't remember a game where the opposition was allowed so many offloads. Surely when two or three players go in to make a tackle at least one of them...
  71. Izzy Forreal

Raymond Faitala-Mariner

RFM certainly impressed me last night. He runs hard and has a good step to go with it. When he offloads the ball he actually passes it to a player who knows that it is coming; there's no way he just lets it go with a "floppy drop" going nowhere. His defence? Yes it can improve but last...
  72. Izzy Forreal

Des Hasler should not be sacked

I agree with you flamebouyant, but the only thing wrong with your suggestion is that Hasler "Do the honourable thing..." As I see it Des Hasler and the honourable thing don't tread the same turf. The only things that counts with Hasler is his bank balance and how stupid Ray Dib is.
  73. Izzy Forreal

Sorry

Should we call an ambulance for who is on he lower level? Ooh its gruesome...
  74. Izzy Forreal

Matt Frawley

Whether we like it or not that is the way it is. Mbye is a disaster, Reynolds has only got six more games here and no matter how good Lachlan Lewis and Josh Cleeland might be Hasler won't let them out of ISP.
  75. Izzy Forreal

Bulldogs Fullback fan poll

Its obvious that the type of game played in the 1960s is completely different from what is served up now but I still can't go past Les Johns as the Bulldogs best fullback.
  76. Izzy Forreal

Round 20 - Dogs vs Broncos - Team List and Discussion Thread

You're 100% right Dogzof95. Its that surprise factor that's gonna get 'em. Brisbane won't know what to do 'cause they'll be pissing themselves laughing.
  77. Izzy Forreal

Lets just say that both Hasler and Foran are at the Bulldogs for the 2018 season. I can't see Foran doing much for us as I'm convinced that his left hamstring is shot beyond repair. With the pace and intensity of the way the game is played today he may as well come out in a wheelchair with a...
  78. Izzy Forreal

SIGN CRONK...NOW !

When a person applies for a job the employer looks at what the applicant has done recently, not three or four years ago. In 2015 Foran's wheels started to get wobbly. In 2016 and 2017 Kieran played for the Eels and Warriors respectively. I've seen images of him in both those years which...
  79. Izzy Forreal

SIGN CRONK...NOW !

That's bullshit c-b-b. We're not going nowhere, we're going backwards... fast! :):smiley::smiley: Especially if Hasler is still our coach. There's no way Cooper Cronk would go to a club coached by the "Career Killer".
  80. Izzy Forreal

Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium

Looking at how we have played over the season, "pedestrian" would sum us up pretty well. On a good day we win the game in the middle 60-70 metres of the field, the problem with that is we can only score points at the try line. This of course brings up another problem: When we get close to...
  81. Izzy Forreal

Morris retires from Origin

I think that this is a bit weird to say the least.. The Bulldogs are coming 13th on the NRL ladder, but have three repping in the Origin series. Of them Brett Morris and David Klemmer were two of the best on field with Josh Jackson giving the best he could as he always does no matter who...
  82. Izzy Forreal

Klemmer

Sad but true.
  83. Izzy Forreal

Raymond Faitala-Mariner

First off lets bear in mind Foran was the best five eighth in the NRL when he was with Des and Manly. So with the players we've got available now and who we're going to get for 2018 what is your halves combo for 2018?
  84. Izzy Forreal

Raymond Faitala-Mariner

I agree. Even the commentators gave RFM a couple of wraps in the Newcastle game. With everyone fit and rarin' to go I'd like our starting pack to be: 8 Klemmer 9 Mbye 10 Graham 11 Jackson 12 Elliott 13 Faitala-Mariner On the down side of the Bulldogs squad is our pathetic kicking game...
  85. Izzy Forreal

I have to admit

Don't worry, you'll be sweet. You have got got a couple of strange things in your team though. Its those blokes who wear the no.1 through to no.17 jerseys. They actually play like they want to win.
  86. Izzy Forreal

Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Teams and Game Day Discussion

Hodko might not want to come back as a player, but do you think we could get him as our KICKINg COACH ?
  87. Izzy Forreal

Thank you and thank you :smiley::smiley:
  88. Izzy Forreal

I couldn't get my head around it when I saw Matt Frawley as hooker/dummy half and Mbye still at half back. Mbye at half back is as good as Josh Jackson cutting up the oranges for half time. And has Matt Frawley ever played hooker? Any comments or opinions...?
  89. Izzy Forreal

Bulldogs Deliver Des Hasler Ultimatum; Report

As I posted before: " but due to (I think) the so called Super League war Dean Pay and at least two other forwards and maybe a back left club and transferred (again I think :smiley:) to Parramatta." So Oatley Dog I suggest you read the post above fromm Croydon Dog. It is obvious that Dean Pay...
  90. Izzy Forreal

Lichaa to start off the bench

When the NSW Cup side is stricken with injuries I agree. I agree with Novdgggie that Garvey would have been a much better impact option off the bench. But... How did Channel 7 get the inside run on this piece of earth shattering news?
  91. Izzy Forreal

It's been awhile.

But Mr Invisible, will it be a while before Des is gone? Or will it be immediately after the 2017 season is gone?
  92. Izzy Forreal

Dean Pay played for the Bulldogs for eight years (1988-1995) and was captain for the last three. The Bulldogs won the premiership in 1995 but due to (I think) the so called Super League war Dean Pay and at least two other forwards and maybe a back left club and transferred (again I...
  93. Izzy Forreal

I don't pretend to know what really goes on at the Bulldogs but as I see it Hasler is a one man band. His assistant coach is just there to carry the towels and the drink bottles. I remember seeing a replay of a Bulldogs game when Jim Dymock was playing lock. I saw that Jimmy had two things...
  94. Izzy Forreal

I think the number would be around 60% - 65%. Its not that we want to see the Bulldogs lose, but what we really want is Hasler out. Personally I think that the players whose careers he has destroyed would love to see this happen too. Hasler out as soon as possible and permanently I think...
  95. Izzy Forreal

Jayden Okunbor...

Our marriage broke up so I can't be spot on but he would have played around 15 years.
  96. Izzy Forreal

When Hasler came to the Bulldogs Greenberg said that he would run the business side of the club and Hasler has total control of everything related to football. So taking that as the way that the business and the football sides of the club were to operate, Hasler has been given a mandate by the...
  97. Izzy Forreal

Jayden Okunbor...

I apologise for deleting the rest of your post dogluva (which I agree with by the way) but you've just reminded what a lousy memory I've got. One of my sons was a real big unit and he dislocated his knee a number of times before the muscles and tendons were able to hold the whole contraption...