Opinion All’s Quiet on the Jason Taylor talk ?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember there being a lot of negative comments and posts on TK when the news broke that the club had signed Jason Taylor as assistant coach.

Here’s the team sitting in 8th spot on the ladder, Gus & Ciro are getting some well deserved praise on how the teams come together and is playing good football, defence is awesome, attacks getting better every week .. every time I see video’s and pic’s of the team they seem to be full of smiles and enjoying their training and being together ..

So would it be fair to admit now that Jason Taylor was a good choice for AC and has fit in really well …. is it also fair to say that he has also had a big effect on how the teams traveling … ?

Living up in Qld I don’t get to go to any training sessions, so I don’t know how larger role he’s playing in the teams revival, but I do note he doesn’t get a lot of love on here, TK rarely mentions him when there’s talk about how well the team is playing etc.

So those that do get to training sessions, what are they seeing from JT ?

And those that were initially negative towards JT, do you feel he’s doing as good, or better job than Potter, and have you changed your minds on him ?

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taylor has always been a good successful assistant coach. He is just not a head coach. TBH I don’t remember to much comment on him at all. Either negative or positiver. I’m happy for him to be in the role. He clearly is doing something right.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need Warburton to organise a sponsor to throw twenty down on a prise for end year trip away first try scored between backs and forwards this game only. We need Burton slapped up the side of the head aka Roy Masters style telling him to run in the first half.Dogs can win this, JT has here a side with more attacking potential than most. Simple task half must pass, the 6 must run, fmd. Cmon JT u can do it.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team is definitely looking more fluent and asking more questions. He brings good experience as well.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our attack HAS improved, but is still behind the 8 ball if we really want to contest for a top 8 side. It is our defence that is winning us games at the moment, and if anything - it is our attack that let us down against Souths and Melbourne.

It's better than last year - but that not exactly a measuring stick of value.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Crazy how some peeps pulling receipts after 9 rounds in a 26 round competition lol

For the record I was one of the ones that welcomed Taylor as our Assistant Coach /Attack based on his body of work for the Roosters GF 2018 success. You can go pull that receipt up !

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy how some peeps pulling receipts after 9 rounds in a 26 round competition lol

For the record I was one of the ones that welcomed Taylor as our Assistant Coach /Attack based on his body of work for the Roosters GF 2018 success. You can go pull that receipt up !
Not pulling up receipts & haven’t singled anyone out @KiwiDog7 … was just a simple question asked of those that were initially negative towards the signing, was simply asking if what they’ve seen from him and what he’s bought to the club has changed their minds, as there’s been very little mention of him since the signing news ..

If like me you were positive about JT’s signing, why would I need to pull those receipts up, they don’t relate to the question ?

Wasn’t having a go at anyone .. we’ve all been negative about some of our signings in the past, it was a simple question, and yes it’s only been 9 rounds, but I’m enjoying watching them play and I’m quietly confident they’ll continue to get even better ..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember there being a lot of negative comments and posts on TK when the news broke that the club had signed Jason Taylor as assistant coach.

Here’s the team sitting in 8th spot on the ladder, Gus & Ciro are getting some well deserved praise on how the teams come together and is playing good football, defence is awesome, attacks getting better every week .. every time I see video’s and pic’s of the team they seem to be full of smiles and enjoying their training and being together ..

So would it be fair to admit now that Jason Taylor was a good choice for AC and has fit in really well …. is it also fair to say that he has also had a big effect on how the teams traveling … ?

Living up in Qld I don’t get to go to any training sessions, so I don’t know how larger role he’s playing in the teams revival, but I do note he doesn’t get a lot of love on here, TK rarely mentions him when there’s talk about how well the team is playing etc.

And those that were initially negative towards JT, do you feel he’s doing as good, or better job than Potter, and have you changed your minds on him ?
Do you have the right Taylor? Earlier in the season there was quite a bit of negativity around Taylor Swift, but Jason Taylor was mostly inquisitive (asking what people thought) and positive (responses as to what they thought).

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taylor has always been a good successful assistant coach. He is just not a head coach. TBH I don’t remember to much comment on him at all. Either negative or positiver. I’m happy for him to be in the role. He clearly is doing something right.
There were negative comments about his appointment some bringing up the time David Faalogo knocked him out at Mad Monday and all that carry on lol

He has been an astute signing to the coaching team and the fact we are now averaging just over 20 ppg is testament to that.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When we signed him I was ok with it. CC is relatively inexperienced with running the whole show. Getting a former NRL head coach in that's shot his shots, but had some decent time in the top job to know what needs to be done was probably part of hiring Taylor. He's run his own teams and worked under different coaches. So he's probably dealt with a lot of different issues personalities and situations and systems.

I recall someone who attends training sessions saying he was a hard ass. Making sure they were putting in through the pre season. But Ciraldo at least publicly seems like he's not the drill sergeant type. Maybe he's picked Taylor because he'll do the shouting.

I have absolutely no clue what level of input he has in choosing attacking structure or picking teams etc. but whatever distribution of duties Ciraldo and Taylor have agreed upon, it seems to be working because it seems that the players and reserve grade have all bought in and are going hard. I think in one week we had three players with hand/wrist injuries and Preston with a broken jaw all play out the game. I'd say that counts as bleeding for the team.

So even if Taylor isn't the be all and end all of assistants, he's working well with CC.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Always thought a good signing, long as you keep him off the piss. A handy halfback he was and was coached by our great Warren Ryan early on. Tough as nails and a handy goal kicker in his day. Our attack is improving every week as players get to know each other's game, so pats on the back there JT. Have a feeling the best is yet to come with our ball play.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taylor can coach maybe not the best at man managing. He one of three interim coaches to his side to finals one other is CC and can't remember the third.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

there was also some positive feedback. I was one of them.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Taylor mostly runs basic yardage drills in attack... 1,2,3 punch in behind the markers sort of thing.

Apart from that there are a few set plays with the outside backs and decoys but most of the footy just comes off our yardage game and shift plays implemented from the year before.

He is a great voice to have around, he knows his shit and doesnt take shit. VERY strict on discipline and getting shit right...

He lays bricks when Gus is around which is hilarious to see.

All in all great to have him helping Ciro out, massive upgrade on Randall/Turner running attack with Pots watching over.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The last play against Tigers, first half, I hope we add that more to our game. So unpredictable, loved it and surely will get more results and keep other teams guessing what the dogs will do.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if JT will be consulted if we enter the market for a top shelf half or not, but given he was pretty good in his day, i would think his input at spotting talent in that role would be valuable.

He'll at least let CC and Gus know what attributes to look out for - especially in the modern game....

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still don't like him.
Just because he works for the Bulldogs and we're winning doesnt make him less of a cµnt, to me.
Now hes just a cµnt I tolerate.