Iconic NRL Teams | The Story of the 2012-14 Bulldogs

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2012 we also just did not get the bounce of the ball. Any other day Morris gets that bounce and the score is back to 14-10 with us having all the momentum. I am convinced after that play we just weren't going to have any luck

2014, we were courageous for the first 60 or so minutes, but losing Ennis in the preliminaries really blew our chances out of the water, coupled that with half our squad being beaten dead after 3 rough finals. Had a very 1998 feel to it
Morris was held back by Slater the whole time. The refs turned a blind eye to that as well.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2014 really sucks because the boys did so well to get there. Beating Storm in Melbourne in a final was a rare thing back then.. they were hard enough to beat at home in the regular season. One of the great team's to not win a premiership.. good video though.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
honestly just finished watching it today. Made me tear up with just how much it meant to Graham, morris, Reynolds. Obviously we didn’t have a super studded team in 2014 but we gave it our all right up until the grand final. Gosh I’m proud of our club and hope we taste grand final success soon. The club and community become such a brotherhood when we are successful. Great video and great memories

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Still cant believe we lost that 2012 grand final. Had absolutely no luck on GF day
I was honestly gutted, was depressed for weeks after... Deep down still not over it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Attended the 2014 GF to that shit was scarring. Worst part was I had to sit South’s lifting the trophy cause I was two south’s mates. Hope there’s a GF rematch at some point against the scum.
Horrible experience sadly... Anyone who went to that GF knew we weren't winning once you witnessed everything outside the ground for Souffs.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Horrible experience sadly... Anyone who went to that GF knew we weren't winning once you witnessed everything outside the ground for Souffs.
yep..

and having the dirty South’s fans mock you with the “bye bye” as you were leaving was infuriating.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should have won at least one or both of these grand finals. But no Hasbeen had to stick to his predictable and obvious gameplan. I can't bring myself to watch this knowing what happened to the club afterwards.