OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not Penrith of last year or 2 years ago, they've lost a lot of players due to salary cap restrictions.

Their bench forwards are meh and that's when our little men get on the field. They usually get their run on when its JFH and Leota on the field, that's where we need King, Curran and Hughes to step up

Hence Ciraldo won't move away from what he's been doing with the bench.

Also a possibility Sorensen is missing for them.
If Sorensen is out that's a boost for us.. dude goes super under the radar.. very effective player

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think we do well purely based of the fact all the pressure lies with Penrith. Ultimately we’re hard to beat and similar to Penrith in the regard we can go for 80. With Tracey and Kiraz I’m optimistic we can match them, if they’re absent we will struggle.
If I’m Ciraldo the goal is score first, we’re not catching Penrith if hypothetically they lead by two tries.
As long as our F/A stays in tact we can take away a lot going toe for toe with the comp best (Roosters, Storm and Penrith). Edwards worries me more then Cleary his their form player ATM.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Sorensen is out that's a boost for us.. dude goes super under the radar.. very effective player
That worked against the Tigers - Stefano and Klemmer were to a large degree neutralised. They didn’t score through the middle until Klemmer and Stefano were off and we made a middle interchange.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope Cleary is good to go this week, I no longer fear any team in the comp and playing the 3 times champion nigh full strength at their fortress will do the world of good for us at this stage of our journey.

Last time we played them we had arguably the worst dogs side in a decade running out with the likes of Flanno at hooker, OK and Topine in the backrow …..Friday night arguably one of our strongest sides in that period too.

Win or lose this is a great test for us and just another feather in the cap if we show the same fight as we did to the Storm when losing 10-0 at the break to come back and almost win it at their home ground

fk we have a rough draw (Sharks, Storm, Penny all away)

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Having Jimmy and Tallis on 360 has made a world of difference to the quality of the show. Ex players will always be better.

The comment about having 3 people in the bunker was spot on, most votes win.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are Mahoney and Hughes both going to be unavailable this week? Desserts

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Having Jimmy and Tallis on 360 has made a world of difference to the quality of the show. Ex players will always be better.

The comment about having 3 people in the bunker was spot on, most votes win.
Best solution I suppose but like how hard is it to work out the rules and evaluate what you see. It's just crazy the bunker guy gets so much wrong. It started out ok but has gotten progressively worse.

Now it looks like the ref officials need 3 guys a few minutes to correctly work out what 1 fan can do instantaneously lol

Johnnny2233

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sexton is getting massive wraps of every journo in the league I don’t know how long Ciro can ignore the talent that he is

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best solution I suppose but like how hard is it to work out the rules and evaluate what you see. It's just crazy the bunker guy gets so much wrong. It started out ok but has gotten progressively worse.

Now it looks like the ref officials need 3 guys a few minutes to correctly work out what 1 fan can do instantaneously lol
It shouldn't be hard but its proving difficult for them, if it takes 3 people to vote then thats what it needs to be.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It shouldn't be hard but its proving difficult for them, if it takes 3 people to vote then thats what it needs to be.
It's proving far more than difficult for them lol

But yes gotta try something. This can't keep happening every week with near on every game experiencing some ref/bunker stuff up. It's becoming untenable and the fans think it's a farce (being kind there).

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It feels good doesn’t it ! Hopefully we can stay in the fight for 80 mins. Really enjoying how we are playing at the moment.
If the rain comes down like they say then it’s anyones game. If it doesn’t then expect still a tight game of Territory. However don’t forget we are the quickest in line speed? If we can keep that up and really really dominate the defence aspect in our red zone I think we are more of a chance then anyone thinks we have.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the rain comes down like they say then it’s anyones game. If it doesn’t then expect still a tight game of Territory. However don’t forget we are the quickest in line speed? If we can keep that up and really really dominate the defence aspect in our red zone I think we are more of a chance then anyone thinks we have.
100% spot on couldn’t of said it better myself

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are the games that you can get a guide on how we are and what needs to improve.

JimmyRustla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Ciro was truly the architect of Penrith's defence which we all would agree he was then what he built can be torn down, no doubt he has a game plan for the boys to execute and hopefully the boys can give it a red hot crack

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve backed us to win 13+. Ambush on its way :tearsofjoy:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To'o usually uses his low centre of gravity to get the better of forwards in his PCM in his kick returns, interested to see if our smaller forwards negate this, as Hayward/Morrin/Mann usually go low and cut the legs first.